Customize

Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by tazor, Feb 7, 2009.

1. parvent Member

Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

He has ran many, many, many operations against good people in the past designed to ruin these people, utterly. Did you think the victims enjoyed it? Don't you think they might be looking for a little payback?

When the two narcisists look at the picture, they see only themselves; but I see the old construction crane, and two fishing boats in the background north by northwest of them. Anyone in Ingleside, TX could tell you where that photo was taken. You could find it using google earth. It's ominous the lack of fear this guy displays after all he and his cult has done.
  2. fitch2000 Member

Simple Ways for Improving Relationships
    June 18, 2007 by
    Mark Rathbun

Simple Ways for Improving Relationships - Associated Content

"Philosopher L. Ron Hubbard developed a simple formula for strengthening, improving and repairing relationships that you might find of some practical use.

Mr. Hubbard postulated that all human relations, no matter how complex, include some fundamental, common elements. "

Just how is ^^ supposed to help someone escape the m...df...k that is scientology? None of this makes sense imo.
  3. TheBitch Member

Not just that, but what's he got to tell people that's worth $995 an hour? Wasn't that the price in the Craig's List listing? Exploitation is exploitation. It sounds to me like the guy is attempting to set himself up as the place for rich $cilons to bolt to for continuing up the Bridge to Total Failure at the same price, but without Miscavige.

$1000 an hour is what top auditors charge I'm told. This guy's $ci to the core. The key is in the exploitation.
  4. eddieVroom Member

I, for one, am not willing to go for Marty's jugular (metaphorically, lol) just yet. I've seen a few new Ex's over the years, and hanging on to "the mission" is not uncommon. I see Marty gravitating toward the Freezone -- believing "the tech" is useful for spiritual development, but otherwise abandoning the Hubbard "us vs. the world" mindset.

As for "past crimes", he may start to talk after he unwinds a bit. That "us vs. the world" mindset provides a lot of opportunities for Denial. It takes time to get through that stuff. And, as has been posted, he may already be talking with FBI etc., and just be keeping quiet about it -- most likely at the request of those agencies. Time will tell.
  5. LRonAnon Member

I have no problem with people buying the xenu story, but many of the "religious practices" of the cult are fucked up.

marty played a huge role in making life hellish for people and attacking people who spoke out.

Marty needs a size 13 boot on his neck.."what are your crimes Marty"

welcome out, now talk and reap what you've earned.
  6. Relyt Member

Religious practices, you mean like suing people and threatening their lives?
  7. TypingChimp Member

Not that scary. They could just be a sub who's looking for a good Dom. Oh wait...
  8. Forseti Member

No mater what his intentions are; if I were an ex-scientologist, I would never trust that dude. I don't care if he had the best of intentions or not.

I would not be surprised if he tries to turn this into a money making enterprise for himself.

I respect Jason Beghe for stepping up to the plate after he blew Co$, but he must be ignorant to the facts surrounding Rathbun. I cannot imagine why he would want to be aligned with him if he did know.
  9. Smurf Member

Mark Rathbun & Mike Rinder are fully aware that if they want to continue living without fear of threat, they need to keep their mouths shut.

What would you do in their situation? Not that you have any idea what goes through the minds of Scientologists that blew the cult.
  10. subgenius Member

Fuck him.
  11. Anon23517 Member

Maybe, but my first reaction when seeing that pic was 'oh right, you're showing off your bff.' Because it's just SO prominently placed, beneath the word 'friends', it really does look like the unpopular kid in school who just happened to get a lucky photo with the school hero and decided to milk it for all it was worth.
  12. Mutante Member

In the eye sockets.

Way too much Stockholm syndrome and credulousness in this thread.
  13. muldrake Member

tl;dr Rathbun is a psychotic asshole, but very intelligent and competent. Don't underestimate him, but don't hope for too much good out of him. His mind is probably deeply fucked and he's not going to get his shit together for years, if ever. Newbie exes often flip back into "cult mode" thinking. But also, don't write him off, AT LEAST if it seems he actually *is* working in that direction.

I have no doubt that Mark Rathbun is completely aware of the physical situation he's in and even that he might be in danger. I think it's a very deliberate choice he has made to go public. Whatever else I might think of him, the guy has brass balls. I respect that.

What I do not respect is the ruthlessness with which he committed truly vicious actions on behalf of Scientology. I have no doubt that he believed at the time (and maybe believes still) that they were justified. He was one of their better operatives, and one of the few I respected, at least for his ability. He's a ballsy motherfucker.

Here's an example, and it's very typical of Scientology:

Let's look at that as exactly what it is. He is such a brazen motherfucker that he coaches a witness, who is on the stand, in plain view of everyone, to commit perjury. Because frankly, that's exactly what Howd did. He lied his ass off in that case. Regardless, it is flagrantly illegal to coach a witness on the stand no matter what your reason is. And he clearly didn't give a shit. He knew exactly how far he could push it and get away with it, and not end up prosecuted.

And the purpose of the Howd case was to deprive people of their rights. The case ended with the infamous "Clearwater 13" injunction which has been used for years against critics.

And that's 100% Scientology at its "best." You know what to do to get the result you want, and you really honestly do not give a flying fuck about anything else. You just do it.

Now, in a sick sense, I have to admire the cojones of someone who openly commits a felony in court, knowing exactly what he's doing, how illegal it is, and not giving a shit. But in another sense, this is exactly why Scientology sucks. If everyone acted the way Scientologists do, this would be a depraved society without any rights for anyone.

Don't expect Marty Rathbun to figure out why what he did was wrong any time soon, if in fact he ever does figure it out at all. It will require him unwrapping many layers of mindfuck before he ever gets to that point. But also don't underestimate what a victory this is for critics. Just having a guy like this OFF the game board and instead in the free zone removes a lot of worry we should have as critics, for the simple reason that one of their most competent operatives is no longer on their side.

Also, while I have followed Rathbun's career too closely to greet him as the savior just because he's no longer in the cult, I'm not really going to be too eager to treat him as the equivalent of a war criminal either. He's done some pretty bad shit. He's also a smart, competent motherfucker. I don't know whether he's inherently an evil dick, or whether there's hope for him. But I wouldn't expect to see it soon. He's been in the cult for forever, and most of his adult life is based on Hubbard crap. He's been one of Miscavige's closest lieutenants, and he's done some genuinely bad shit to people as part of that (ask Pattinson). But it's those people who have the right to demand that he make amends. Not us, and not the world at large (except possibly by the processes of the criminal courts for any crimes he's committed). Maybe the way he can make amends to the world is to go do good deed entirely unrelated to the cult.

So in short, while I don't mean to ramble on too much, I don't think he's necessarily a Rinder. Rinder is someone who has committed vile acts pretty much almost beyond forgiveness. Rathbun, while close to that level of heinousness, might be salvageable. I'll revise my opinion of his exit from the cult in a couple years when I see what he's done. I'm not willing to write him off yet as just being a fiend who can never rejoin the human race. (Of course, I generally do NOT see people that way, with VERY few exceptions. Hitler. Manson. Michael Bolton. That type of person.)
  14. subgenius Member

Let's forgive and forget. And don't expect us.
  15. TheBitch Member

I'm with you /b/rother! After all, that's what we're all about, amirite! Anonymous, your own personal night light.
  16. Mutante Member

Unfortunately I think maybe 1% of anons registered on WWP even understand the real meaning of what you just wrote.
  17. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Thank you,

I've been struggling with how to word a message like this and you come along and say it in 8 words. Sweet

I understand that any departing cultists, including Rathbun (maybe?), have to have a soft landing zone but I sure as hell don't think that ought to include WWP

FFS people

I don't care if he figures out the sci-bs or not...whatever floats his boat

but the last I checked Anonymous was real interested in getting closer to the bottom of the IRS story

Well this guy has it...he sure as fuck better be talking to somebody...pretty soon

I think he'll find its even in his own best interest

rant over
  18. onewhogets Member

Screw Marty. Narcissistic, psychopathic conman doesn't just start advising victims/exit counseling ex-members. IMHO,it's absurd.
  19. subgenius Member

I believe in redemption, but it requires amends.
    Amends equivalent to the damage done.
  20. TinyDancer Member

You can also see that he would have been a scary dude.
  21. anon345 Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-general-discussion/marty-rathbuns-squirrel-group-38608/7/

^^^That's all well and good: I hear what you're saying loudly...

...but...the "sci-bs" and him choosing to report things to law enforcement are not mutually exclusive.

If the guy still truly believes that what he did was the "greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics" or that by testifying he'd be harming something good (namely Scientology rather than just Co$) then pushing him is exceedingly unlikely to be persuasive and could actually have the opposite effect.

Giving him the time to decompress mentally doesn't have to be forgiving, under the circumstances pragmatism's a good enough reason.

Either way, surely speaking with the likes of Jason Beghe - who I've not heard mince too many words - is more likely to open him up to outside perspectives than any amount of protest we can make.
  22. anon345 Member

Agreed. But he's not asking for forgiveness, and it wouldn't be (most of) ours to give anyway.
  23. eddieVroom Member

I get it -- and let me clarify: I'm not willing to go for Marty's jugular (metaphorically) YET.

If he cogs and comes clean on things like the IRS Deal, that's something I'd view as an act of good will. Otherwise he's an evil djinni that needs to be corked up in a lamp and buried; turned to stone like the fossil that CST/RTC is destined to become.

At the very least, I'm holding out hope that he's smart and shrewd enough to realize that he's in a position to cut a deal with prosecutors. And that the clock is ticking...
  24. anon555 Member

sounds to me like the guy just wants to go into business for himself. You shouldn't have to pay for religion, and unqualified people shouldn't be selling therapy.

If he really wants to help, let him start a weekly/monthly support group. He has no business taking money (regardless of amount) from people who are at their most vulnerable.
  25. tazor Member

A lot of the exes over at ESMB aren't willing to let it go either.

I have nothing to say to this guy except DO THE RIGHT THING! And that doesn't mean what the CoS calls right, it's what society considers right. If you signed a waiver that doesn't allow you to speak out then don't go on ex-scilon sites advertising your program. I for one have had all the brainwashing I need, thank you very much. Buy your advertising next time. We'll see how far you get.
  26. cowboyanon2 Member

hoping he doesn't...
  27. 423 Member

Damn--there was a lot of ranting in this thread.

Right down my avenue literally...

Mark Charles Rathbun

Mark Rathbun owned a house in Seabrook, Texas (about 30 miles southeast of Houston) walking distance to Galveston Bay from July 2005 to October 2006. (Marty, Good job on leaving before Hurricane IKE--many homes around your old house did not make it.) (read somewhere on the ex-sites that he may have left after February 2003 any confirmations?)

When I get a chance, I shall ask certain people in this old neighborhood about him, and see if he was trying to recruit any of them in its squirrel group.

He is currently renting a small house in Ingleside close by the US Naval Station Ingleside.

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/opinions/openrecords/50abbott/orl/2006/pdf/or200601495.pdf
  28. parvent Member

If Ratzo kills Quido for The Family, and Ratzo rats to the FBI that The Family was behind the crime, Ratzo gets protective custody; if not to protect him from The Family for ratting on them, then to protect him from the Quido's friends.

Ratzo wouldn't be beach combing with some dumb narcisite actor around The Naval Air Station and posting his rub-out services on the interwebs, with pictures, and email address.

He would be in the witness protection program.

You can be assured Rathbun is not telling of any crimes to the authorities.
  29. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Fix'd
  30. Smurf Member

Obviously, Mark didn't blew the cult with a hefty bank account. Sounds like he's desperate for income for basic necessities.
  31. Buttons Member

parvent-

I like the way that you think.
    You might be onto something there.
  32. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

All I've got to say is a non disclosure agreement signed under duress isn't valid. The dude needs to canary-up and spill the juicy beans!
  33. EastAnon Member

If Mr. Beghe has indeed been friends with Marty since his Sci time, and is not dropping him now just because Anon or any other asshole tells him to, i can only admire that.
    Disconnection, anyone?
    Other then that, i can only hope Marty finds a way to make right what he done wrong or witnessed without telling. At least he's no longer contributing to the dwarf.
  34. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

[Insert Crazy]
  35. onewhogets Member

^^This
  36. fotoanon Member

AMEN

THIS
  37. anon345 Member

Okay, Marty Rathbun's just posted a response:

From movin on up II - Ex Scientologist Message Board

Personally, I think he should be left to his own devices for the reasons mentioned in my last post: namely that the most likely basis for him testifying, is if he comes to see that the majority of Scientology is bs, and where it's not, it's intermingled with enough dodgy (i.e. Hubbard hidden agenda) stuff as to make it a better proposition to go back to the sources Hubbard nicked it from (if you were so minded).

Having said that, I think that the church will implode (and it's very likely to be in the next 2 years). Marty Rathbun does have sufficient credibility within the organisation to be able to lead a "Co$ Mark 2." I'm not saying that is what will happen, or that that's even his intention, just that it's a possibility.

That being the case, I definitely think people should keep a friendly eye on what he does. I don't necessarily have a problem with a "Co$ Mark 2" - it depends on the colour it takes - but if someone who was so closely allied with the worst excesses of the current organisation was to lead it, I'd be very concerned as to which elements would be kept, and which wouldn't.

I would certainly not stand by if I thought that a more subtle, more dangerous organisation had the chance of emerging.
  38. Mutante Member

It is no wonder Scientology got so big when so many people are such easy suckers.
  39. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Sounds like an arrogant prick. Congratulating himself for being clever enough not to get caught by the FBI.
  40. Relyt Member

Why is everyone assuming that Jason Beghe is buddy-buddy with him even nowadays? Wasn't that picture taken at least a couple years before he blew?