Customize

Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by tazor, Feb 7, 2009.

1. blank Member

Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Does that mean he has been out since at least three years then?
  2. anon345 Member

I agree. I think he does come off as arrogant, which is worrying for a few reasons.

As the "Church" collapses, he may find himself involved in a prosecution whether he likes it or not...however that in itself could be a double-edged sword.

Just see what happens and keep our eyes open I guess.
  3. snakeyes Member

Agreed, this guy is a piece of shit. He's using quotes from Steinbeck in order to give people therapy? Hey, asshole, this problem already erupted from taking bullshit from one author.

What a fucktard.

I say no forgiveness.
  4. subgenius Member

Fuck him. He's an apologist in denial.
  5. eddieVroom Member

Sounds like he's got a little "charge" to blow off there lol...

Then he proceeds to write:

"One of Scn's greatest problems is its instilling of the “us vs. them” attitude in members. Having studied deeply of the causes of its conflicts from the outset I can see how the old man fell into that trap".

In time, he may come around to realize he's got the same attitude with the FBI. The "punk" he refers to may indeed have been a slimy vindictive bitch (there's one in every crowd), but that doesn't mean they all are, and that Lets Make a Deal is a whole 'nother game. Also, I would expect far greater professionalism in all departments of the Obama Administration.
  6. Kilia Member

Sorry, I don't like the arrogant, egotistical Rathbun.
  7. tazor Member

No need for apologies, Kilia. I don't like him either. I am fucking pissed. We want some answers and he gives us some stupid goddamn success stories?

FUCK HIM!
  8. TinyDancer Member

So, he's at stage 1 on Arnie's 10 stages of leaving scientology. I hope he makes it all the way through.

BBB (Brass Balls Beghe) is big enough to be able to reach out to people he doesn't agree with. I'm not reading anything into the photo, even assuming it's recent (which I suspect).

So, he's pissed at the FBI? Marty, they were RIGHT! You deserve to go to jail, remember? Sheesh, a touch of reality, please.

Ultimately, whether or not he agrees, Marty will be brought to justice, unless he swallows that pride and decides to save his own skin by being the first (one of the first) to speak up. It's happening. Inevitable. Soon. The only question is whether Marty's role will be as witness or co-defendant.
  9. 13Heathens Member

As COS self-destructs you'll see more and more of that wort stepping forward hoping to fill that hole..
  10. Anon1720 Member

I hope the FBI learns about his "No U" attitude. What an asshole. Still pushing the scilon bullshit and thinking only he can help.
  11. anon345 Member

This.

Any potential respect i might have had 4 him went straight out of the window with his second post.

That said, i don't see that it's to our benefit to back him into the kind of corner he'll struggle to pull himself out of without losing face.

Based on what he's said and done so far, i'm a bit skeptical as to whether he's got sufficient integrity to do that as it is. But given how many other 'die-hard' believers did eventually see the truth (and had the balls 2 admit it, and actually do something about it), i think it's smarter to hold fire. [Pooks said it took her 5 years b4 she stopped considering herself a Scientologist.]

Everything he's done though, smacks of arrogance, conceit, denial, and a total disrespect 4 the members of ESMB.
  12. xenubarb Member

Oh yeah, congratulations, Marty! You sidestepped some little FBI sting and can't see you were up to your neck in a way bigger scam. You didn't just swallow Hubbard's bait, you fucking deepthroated it on camera!

Karma is a bitch, Rathbun. And the wheel is turning...
  13. parvent Member

That's like saying, Hitler didn't work out so well, so let's give Himmler a try because he's the most familiar with how things should operate.

He's setting himself up to be the second L. Ron Hubbard.

And who is the guy who said this sophomoric guru is smart? He's a scary fool to me.

(I'd like to read those two feet of telephone taps, if they exist. We should FOIA to get that document...if it exists.)
  14. parvent Member

There is a reason for Rathbun's timing in all this: It is called the statute of limitations.

(Of course, there is no statute on murder)
  15. francie Member

Hey Marty! In Scientologese, you are in lower conditions to the group of people outside the Church of Scientology (whether ex-scns, Anons, critics, or even non-scns).

You can't jump from being in Treason or Enemy to the world... to... "Oh hi there! I'm doing Exit Counseling!"

Non-E and Emergency come AFTER doing your lowers.

Maybe you did some, but you sure didn't let THIS group know about it.

Don't whine about how rough your "welcome" was. You have no qualifications and no CONDITION to "exit counsel" anyone until you do your lowers.

And THAT is why we're calling for a "confession". Just translate the Anon cry for confession into "doing your lower conditions" and you'll be able to understand what's going on.

For those of you who don't know "lower conditions"... basically... Marty's loyalty was known as being "with" the Church of Scientology. Now he reappears, with no explanation of change of alliance and says he's on the other side of the fence. Oh right. Like anyone's gonna believe THAT!

Marty may have explained things to BFF Beghe, but he sure didn't explain it to anyone else. And it's about time we heard from Beghe before his reputation takes on the color of Marty's reputation (which sucks!).

Beghe? Beghe? Are you out there?
  16. francie Member

Bingo!
  17. anon345 Member

Did you actually read what I said? It was a warning, not an endorsement.
  18. marrik Member

Not exactly contrite or humble, Mr rathbun.

We were hoping to hear some expression of remorse for the part you played in the malevolent cult of $cientology.

Rather, you have been more concerned with covering yourself with the mantle of the victim re the FBI as well as sharing with us those glowing success stories of your wonderful "Tech".

Wow! ~ just WOW!!!
  19. Buttons Member

francie-

I agree about Jason Beghe.
    What's his involvement?
  20. exOT8Michael Member

When I knew Marty Rathbun for a brief time he was rather arrogant and self-assured to the point of nausea. It looked to me like he felt he was above reproach in any and all circumstances. Contrary viewpoints were simply not tolerated or evaluated for validity.
    It was "Marty's way or the highway".
    It does not look like that has changed.
    Fact is, he has been a part of a major criminal scam that has harmed many and his lack of coming clean (he thinks he is nothing but clean, by the way) is a disappointingly black hole in his own consciousness.
    It could be that he is basically a good person, but he is going to have find some brand new genuine humility before he can be accepted as such again by those who have had to suffer the cult's criminality.
  21. TinyDancer Member

I totally disagree on Beghe's rep being in danger. On the pro-Beghe side, do recall the several hours of frank mother-fucking interview on tape that he did with WBM, plus numerous interviews with the press, including Today Tonight Australia. Then he goes to Germany and gives a brilliant address about the dangers of Scientology. That's pretty good work.

On the con-Beghe side - what? An aggressive title to an article, written no doubt by some subeditor to stir controversy? And an expression of distaste for Pubeit?

Beghe has nothing to answer for.
  22. exOT8Michael Member

Yeah, I think U R right.
  23. Mutante Member

Oh no!!1!!!!!! The Rathbun fan club has gone quiet!!!!!!11!!!

Jesus wept, some of you goons would have let Jeffrey Dahmer off with a caution.

WISE THE FUCK UP.
  24. francie Member

I don't doubt Beghe's affiliations with regards CofS.

I almost think Beghe went in to get in touch with Rathbun and see what can be done, rather than Beghe going to Rathbun for some "exit counseling". But I don't know which angle.

What we know is that Beghe and Rathbun are shown in a photo like BFFs and Beghe hasn't spoken up. If I had any guts, I'd leave a message on JB's voicemail and ask him to call me. (I have his number and called, but I chickened out when it came to leaving a message!)

chicklittle.jpg
  25. Buttons Member

francie-

Jason Beghe doesn't owe anyone any explanation.
    However, if he doesn't clarify his endorsement, he's subject to guilt by association.
    Go ahead and call him. You'll regret it if you don't.
  26. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

yay, seems he's declaring us all as SPs :)

27. parvent Member

By Beghe's apparent refusal to look at, and see, the malevolence his cult aimed at others through his BFF Rathbun, while he was being pampered as a celebrity; I'd say the narcisite is silently acquiescing to those actions of his arm-in-arm buddy, and will continue to do so as long as he continues with his case-gain, gets his money back, and continues to be pampered as the homo-novis screen hero he perceives himself to be, by whomever is willing to do the idolatry.

If you were to mention Jason Beghe to me before his "defection" I would have said, "who...who?"
  28. subgenius Member

Rathbun Rage.
    Its probably worse him being "outside", not atoning, and snickering at what he got away with.
    Major criminal.
    What to do, what to do. So many targets....
    He could bring this shit down. The fact that he's not is unacceptable. Same with Rinder, et al.
    That conscience-removing auditing lasts a long time.
  29. eddieVroom Member

Well, on the plus side, when the Feds etc. make their move, instead of sharing each other's confidence (and the services of a unified legal team), they'll tear each other apart like weasels on acid in a steel drum.

Tick tick tick tick tick...
  30. TheBitch Member

Why the fuck should I care why the 'church' can hold 180 degree opposed views and then how the fuck to forgive them? Sounds like an asshole whose doing the unlicensed practice of counseling outside of a religious context and therefore potentially in violation of the law. He's not in the 'church' then he's no longer pastoral unless he tries to open his own 'church.' I've thought a lot about the downside of suggesting it for fear they'll organize, but without the 'church' umbrella or organizational structure it seems to me there's a much better than even chance these folks are practicing counseling FOR MONEY without any sort of license.

tl/dr - even if he's just reading palms, he needs a license - this used to be Sparta not Romper Room, WTF!
  31. onewhogets Member

Marty is a malignant narcissist. He will never admit his wrongs. In his mind, he has done nothing wrong-definition of a narcissist. I will give him kudos for being a strategist though. He can tell that the boat is about to sink and get off in time to carve out a profit making niche for himself.
  32. TinyDancer Member

Rubbish. Beghe's in a photo. Big deal. He has made his position against the CoS and against the tech 100% clear. Having his photo taken, even extended friendship to a guy who has a different opinion, doesn't compromise anything.
  33. anonsparrow Member

Christians and Muslims: THAT ^^^^

Jews... I fucking hate you. (Yeah.. I went there.)
  34. Arsolycus Member

"On the next, who wants to be a Scientologist; Marty Mark is a 59 year old free-lance journalist from Texas. He's got the cans, he's got the tech ...but does he have what it takes to upset DM and become C.O.B? Find out on Wednesday, 9pm 8pm Central"
  35. tazor Member

Totally agree. Talk about the wrong target.
  36. diesel1967 Member

^^This

Fuck Rathbun & fuck all the people willing to embrace him for blowing, especially those apologists on OCMB. Just because he's blown doesn't excuse his past actions.

Rathbun knows the truth about the IRS deal, he knows the truth about Lisa McPherson & others who've died whilst in the cult, he knows the truth about the disgraceful fair gaming of good honest people, he knows the truth about the RPF & the imprisonment of "church" members against their will, he knows the truth about the forced abortions. He knows the truth about disconnection, about child labour, about many of the crimes committed "for the greater good".

He won't go to the Feds because he'd incriminate himself. He's a fucking coward without a conscience.
  37. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

THIS^^^^^ Is Marty Marks tech betta than hubtards? Should i be all nice nice cuz he is no longer an SO member? Should i be all nice nice cuz JB is in a pic with marty. Fuck no! The whole premise for me being against scientology(Yes i am against scientology) is cuz its WRONG and EVIL. PERIOD. I do not give a rats ass a movie star is with the flavor of the day. This new messiah. Marty,s a free range operator and he is KSW, testing the water. He isn't a deprogrammer. He is an enabler.
  38. exOT8Michael Member

THIS ^^^^^^^
  39. Mutante Member

THAT ^^^^^^^

:)

But yeah. Exactly that.
  40. Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, and Professional Licensure

To summarize:

* drug counselor in hospital
    * has master's degree in education or psychology
    * clergy

I'm assuming the Sea Org doesn't have ROTC...

But note that 'coaching' requires no license or other credentials. It depends on how he markets and bills his services.