Customize

Marty: Scientology Ex Parte Communication With Judges During Lisa McPherson Civil Case

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Zhongjianren, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Zhongjianren Member

Mark "Marty" Rathbun: Scientology Ex Parte Communication With Judges During Lisa McPherson Civil Case

David Miscavige the Cheater
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/david-miscavige-the-cheater/
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sonichu Moderator

Seems pretty typical. At least Marty is actually talking about something bad he did while in. Even if he is using it to further his own objective that Davey is everything wrong with Scientology. I wonder if people are asking more questions about Lisa McPherson now that Marty has opened the floodgates?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Marty hasn't said much about HIS part in it. He's so good at giving up other people's misdeeds.

Here he confesses to a very minor thing:
    Only use of "I" in the context of actually being a participant. Elsewhere he uses the term "we".

He's very slippery.
    I'd not mind sec-checking him myself, to pull out the rest of it.

I'd get it ALL LOL
  4. Anonymous Member

Interesting timing, given the coroner Joan Wood recently passed, and JUDGE BEACH enjoined Ken Dandar from the Brennan case.
  5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smurf Member

Yet, Marty refuses to take any accountability for his own actions.. it's someone else's fault. Marty is a narcissist and it's not in him to admit personal fault for anything.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Triumph Member

8. Saul Goodman Member

I just hope this is the beginning of Marty opening his own floodgates. If he's testing the water, I wish for him to continue. His story runs too deep, and demand is too high for him to continue his non-disclosure. Good story Marty, and please proceed to the next level.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Anon PTS Member

Recent comment on Tony Ortega's blog. Gotta say, he has a point.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

This is the definitive statement about Marty's ethics level.

While in the cult he was not subject to any penalties due to anything he divulged in session, as a lot of it was blackops and the session worksheets were destroyed (see Jesse Prince's blog).

He was never called to account for anything he did in the cult (that followed Miscavige's orders). His arrest in NO might have been the first time in a long time that he was.
  11. eddieVroom Member

lolwut?!
  12. Anonymous Member

No.

We are Legion.
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Anonymous Member

15. Smurf Member

Proves my point exactly. Marty contradicts himself. One one hand, if he did anything contrary to what DM ordered, even "sneezed" wrong, he'd be "busting rocks for 12 years" or be "personal non grata for 12 years".. therefore everyone were obedient, non-questioning sheep, but that's not how Marty dealt with it.. he claims he defended himself..

Then, why commit crimes and implement black ops against people if he knew it was wrong? He continually blames his actions as being ordered by David Miscavige. Yet, he claims he wasn't afraid of DM, stood up to DM (this wasn't the only interview where he asserted this) and he defended himself.

If he so valiantly stood up to DM as he claims, why does he blame DM for everything Marty did as a Scientology exec that's been called into question? Why did he destroy evidence in the Lisa McPherson case?
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Smurf Member

So? Proves nothing? Marty's giving HIS version of events. I was in Clearwater during this time & working parttime for Dave Slaughter (husband of hag Bennetta who was Lisa's boss at Prodex). Marty's version of the events can't be corroborated by anyone but Marty.

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/complaint.htm
  18. Anonymous Member

why didn't you stop it than ?
  19. Smurf Member

LOL. I wasn't an exec like Marty.
  20. Anonymous Member

wasn't this after he blew in 93 or somethingand spend time on the freewingds doing the RPF, and was basicly demoted to Miscavige Slave Bitch
  21. Anonymous Member

Lurk moar.
  22. Anonymous Member

Fuckin'... THIS ^
  23. Anonymous Member

Easy there. Considering how utterly F'ed he must be after his cult processing (of the highest degree) this guy may make some good progress in ten or twenty years - or maybe never.

A year or two ago I was on the phone with a very well known, outspoken ex, and he said: you know, I may never recover ... " and went on to explain how deep & devastating the cult processing is. He was high ranking, and far along on the cult classes - my point being he made me a believer that this cult may ruin your personal life forever.
  24. Anonymous Member

My mother was removed by a wonderful family member from a different cult at age 15. She was 65 before she could even start to talk about the abuse. She has come a long way but will die still carrying much of that baggage.

Cults suck.
  25. DeathHamster Member

*ahem*
    So once again there's a hint about where exactly Lisa McPherson died: In the Fort Harrison itself, rather than in a van bypassing hospitals to get to one with a Scientologist doctor.

Mike Rinder also made that slip, with Elliot Abelson standing by to confirm it. (Later retracted.)
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Zhongjianren Member

Florida Statutes Annotated Currentness
    Rules Regulating the Florida Bar

Rule 4-3.5. Impartiality and decorum of the tribunal

(a) Influencing Decision Maker. A lawyer shall not seek to influence a judge, juror, prospective juror, or other decision maker except as permitted by law or the rules of court.

(b) Communication with Judge or Official. In an adversary proceeding a lawyer shall not communicate or cause another to communicate as to the merits of the cause with a judge or an official before whom the proceeding is pending except:

(1) in the course of the official proceeding in the cause;

(2) in writing if the lawyer promptly delivers a copy of the writing to the opposing counsel or to the adverse party if not represented by a lawyer;

(3) orally upon notice to opposing counsel or to the adverse party if not represented by a lawyer; or

(4) as otherwise authorized by law.

(c) Disruption of Tribunal. A lawyer shall not engage in conduct intended to disrupt a tribunal.

(d) Communication With Jurors. A lawyer shall not:

(1) before the trial of a case with which the lawyer is connected, communicate or cause another to communicate with anyone the lawyer knows to be a member of the venire from which the jury will be selected;

(2) during the trial of a case with which the lawyer is connected, communicate or cause another to communicate with any member of the jury;

(3) during the trial of a case with which the lawyer is not connected, communicate or cause another to communicate with a juror concerning the case;

(4) after dismissal of the jury in a case with which the lawyer is connected, initiate communication with or cause another to initiate communication with any juror regarding the trial except to determine whether the verdict may be subject to legal challenge; provided, a lawyer may not interview jurors for this purpose unless the lawyer has reason to believe that grounds for such challenge may exist; and provided further, before conducting any such interview the lawyer must file in the cause a notice of intention to interview setting forth the name of the juror or jurors to be interviewed. A copy of the notice must be delivered to the trial judge and opposing counsel a reasonable time before such interview. The provisions of this rule do not prohibit a lawyer from communicating with members of the venire or jurors in the course of official proceedings or as authorized by court rule or written order of the court.
  27. Anonymous Member

The_Cheat_by_Quizzical_Squidopus.png
    The Real Cheat Is Not Amused!
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Zhongjianren Member

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/david-miscavige-the-cheater/#comment-139594
  29. DeathHamster Member

Ed Armstrong:
  30. DeathHamster Member

31. DeathHamster Member

Lee Fugate:
    • For some Scientologists, pilgrimage has been fatal December 7, 1997, Lucy Morgan, St. Petersburg Times
    • Lawyer again takes on Church of Scientology February 21, 2009, Mike Brassfield, St. Petersburg Times
    • Scientology prompts review of death case November 24, 1999, Thomas C. Tobin, St. Petersburg Times
    • Scientology's defense impresses judge April 7, 2000, Thomas C. Tobin, St. Petersburg Times
  32. Anonymous Member

he will not talk,
    he want to revoltion scientology
  33. Anonymous Member

34. Anonymous Member

Bump for related Dandar lawsuit reference.
  35. DeathHamster Member

If you could be more specific, I'd be happy to drop refs like cluster bombs.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Anonymous Member

37. Anonymous Member

38. Anonymous Member

Bomb away!
  39. Anonymous Member

Bump'er anon here - this thread was related to the same writings submitted as Exhibits in Dandar's recent action on this epic bread:
    WTSP: Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 mil to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

Thus the bump in passing. But plox do proceed with cluster bomb of additional refs... but perhaps hit the new thread instead.