Customize

[Marty]: Tales of the IAS

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Kha Khan, May 27, 2010.

1. Kha Khan Member

[Marty]: Tales of the IAS

Standard disclaimer, see signature below. Also, please understand that the following is unverified hearsay, so it is best that you ignore this post and move along, ok?

Still here? Tales of the IAS.

IAS ~~ TRUE STORY:
    The divorcee:
    The Motivator:
    Interesting post on priorities and income:
    Other than the data regarding the amount the average New Major Service Arrival would pay ten years ago, the last post may appear a bit "inside baseball," but I think it is important. It shows how the IAS and other "direct donation" units starve not only the Class V Orgs, but also the AOs and even the Flag delivery units.

I can well understand the anger of Independent Scientologists who believe, not without at least some reason, that they have been prevented from actually delivering Scientology. I can also understand why for that (and many other) reasons they are drawn to Marty.

ADDED:

New tales:

Bankruptcy Rewarded By The Church of Scientology With Excommunication And Disconnection:
    The IAS Commissions of Jeff Pomeranz of the The Church of Scientology:

/

ESMB Thread: [Marty]: Tales of the IAS

/
  2. Re: [Marty]: Tales of the IAS

Jesus. I just ate lunch and now I feel sick after reading these. Thanks Kha Khan.

Truly disturbing stories.
  3. Kha Khan Member

Re: [Marty]: Tales of the IAS

Sorry, maybe I shouldn't post these on my lunch hour. Maybe best to wait until after dinner.

/
  4. RightOn Member

Thanks Kha, if only these people would contact the authorities
    SO sad
  5. Re: [Marty]: Tales of the IAS

Not your fault. I should know better than to be reading WWP during lunch.

I just had sickening thoughts of those poor seniors that worked (or their spouse worked) their entire lives only to give it all away so Davey-the-Navy-Man can pay for a scuba boat to trail alongside the Freefarts. Truly sad.
  6. PodPeople Member

Kha Khan: This is subsection of the IAS Donation Trends entry. My personal perspective: the majority of his entries have either a secondary or subliminal "point". Commentors pick up on it, and only then Marty chimes in as if it wasn't his idea in the first place. Example: another "point" of this entry: (my emphasis)

Commentor: (previously, get your IAS Refunds Now! discussion began)
    Giving back IAS donations so people can pay for services is good, but there are no good services to pay for anymore. If you want to pay for robotic training, endless ruds, sec checks, objectives, purifs, and lots of overruns (since the few auditors are now trained to take up non-reading items and also to ignore F/Ns), you have just moved up to the next level of exchange, Poor Exchange. I would be more interested in moving up the Bridge without all the artificial stops and barriers.
    Martyrathbun: Who said C of M services? [sic Church of Miscavige]

Commentor: Chasing Miscavige IS one thing. Carrying on with the mission is another.
    martyrathbun09 … wish I could do the same. But, the hundreds of millions are being used to shut me and my main compadres down. I don’t think you want that to happen; unless you want to be next.
  7. Kha Khan Member

Very perceptive. This very well may be true. Indeed, Marty has been open about the fact that he is available to deliver Scientology services to people. It is clear he wold rather have people come to him, and his fellow Independent Scientologists, for services rather than go to the "C of M."

However, I forward the data if I believe it is relevant, useful or interesting. Not to forward Marty's agenda. I try to be selective, but admit that it is sometimes difficult and I would usually rather be over-inclusive than under-inclusive. I believe people can and should sift, sort, decide and make up their own minds.

/
  8. Anonymous Member

Re: IAS regging and elder abuse

This certainly constitutes elder abuse. It is one of the few things in the US along with child abuse that mental health professionals must reportl to state authorities .

Anyone who know of cases like this and particularly the victims need to let the authorities know.
  9. PodPeople Member

tks. Not just marty, but all the independents to deliver services. You may have read more into my post than was there. I read All perspectives on most forums. I've done exhaustive research on the subject of "wins" people say they had in sci. I understand pretty much every single view of sci and the major players of all sides in all this.

The more I have educated myself, the more I have learned that my initial, personal observations from decades back holds true. It's misleading to simply categorize the phenonema as Victims and Abusers because of the fact so many Abusers were victims of same. In the extreme fanatical long term practices within scientology structure, I have found it to be a situation of victim/enablers against narcisstic/sociopaths. There IS a difference.

My point is: abusers can be helped if they avail themselves. Narcisstic Sociopaths never avail themselves, and even if they did, highly unlikely to change. Outside the sci box, I can tell you I've known people who flit from one extreme to the other their entire life and while not insane, they are miserably imprisoned in their own mind.

You and I both know that all these Hubbard independent believers made a conscious decision to Disregard thousands of Hubbard policies and "sacred" scriptures to stay on the "bridge" for years or decades under Miscavige for their own personal "salvation" and super powah greedy hopes. They were willing to be financially irresponsible, cause harm to their family, friends, business, you name it, and that is what drove them. That is what they won't admit to, but instead say it was for "clearing the planet". Evidence? When "super power" mecca came out, almost all sci's admitted they didn't think it was possible to clear the planet!

I rest my case. Get your IAS refunds for $$$ for discounted independent sci OT Powers.
  10. Anonymous Member

Fewer services delivered also means fewer opportunities for people to notice how crappy the services are.
  11. stuwyatt Member

I remember a story an ex told me about a Plymouth parishioner. The lady in question was very elderly and a widower. Her husband used to own a successful business and they were very well off, owning a large detached house outright and he basically made sure that she would want for nothing.

As a vulnerable elderly lady, she easy pickings for the cult. They would regularly visit her property in groups of 2-3, sometimes many times each day to fleece her for her money. They left her virtually penniless. But the story that tugged my heartstrings the most was hearing that at an event, the org was struggling to meet its target.... so she was coerced into selling her car. Her car allowed her to have her independence, and without it, she was basically forcibly housebound.

They then targeted her to sell her house, again visiting her multiple times each day for hours on end, and saying things like "How can you gain spiritual enlightenment living in such a large house on your own?".... and explaining to her that she was greedy to want to do so, and that she should do the right thing and sell the house, donate the money, and move into a nursing home.

Every org has many similar stories, and these stories need to get out.

Thanks for crossposting from Marty and ESMB Kha Kahn. I really appreciate the way that you sift through the other sites and bring important things to our attention.
  12. RightOn Member

thanks Stu, that story is unreal. SO sad.
    these stories need to get out.
  13. Rockyj Member

Re: IAS regging and elder abuse

It is a form of elder abuse but she is a willing candidate.
  14. Keyumdi Member

GRRRRRRRRRR

Even though I think stupid people deserve to be conned in order to smarten them up, she's giving away her children's college funds to these assholes.
  15. Bipolart Member

These stories are heartbreaking! I used to deliver food to elderly people, and they are as vulnerable as children in some cases. $cientology rips you off, and hurts people.
  16. exOT8Michael Member

Those stories are the ice cube on the top of the tip of the iceberg, unfortunately.

The IAS is a vulture style parasitic scam. They have no scruples or back-off from extorting Scilons.
  17. Kha Khan Member

New tales:

Bankruptcy Rewarded By The Church of Scientology With Excommunication And Disconnection:
    The IAS Commissions of Jeff Pomeranz of the The Church of Scientology:

18. Obvious Sock Member

How is this elder abuse?

They can always End Cycle.

No problem. See?
  19. PodPeople Member

Try as some might, there is no escaping a simple fact:

Hubbard believers made a conscious decision to Disregard thousands of Hubbard policies and "sacred" scriptures to stay on the "bridge" for years or decades under Miscavige. This included auditing tech, courses, admin tech, qual tech, ethics and justice tech, and every other "tech" that includes "Keeping Scientology Working".

Any one of them now vowing Hubbard loyalty after the fact and in the trail of financial, familial, or personal devastation might just be considered ludicrous.

Where was there Hubbard loyalty back then?
  20. Rockyj Member

Is there an accumulation of all the senior/elder's taken advantage of by the cult & high pressured sale stories anywhere? If so send these to the Attorney Generals of every state that has Org. If they get enough of them I believe they would investigate.
    I WA state I was on board helping to exposing a credit card company for their inscrutable collection practices of hounding customers they were investigated!
  21. AnonLover Member

The elder abuse is utterly sickening. And it reminds of an older Hubbard / celebrity precedent, i cant remember the name but i seem to recall the account of some older woman in hollywood, minor celebrity (opera singer maybe?) who loaned LRH a large sum of money for his Cali org and he never repayed her and ignored her pleas when she died penniless/homeless on the street.

cool story bro yeah i know... i suck with names, anybody else remember this? i read it in a magazine article reprint online somewhere if i recall correctly.
  22. Anonymous Member

A fool and her money are soon parted. Dumbass Scientologists.
  23. Re: [Marty]: Tales of the IAS

Do you think if Tommy Davis leaves the cult that Anne Archer will disconnect from him?
  24. Smurf Member

She's so over the hill & out of it that he wouldn't be missing anything if he did.
  25. Random guy Member

Who is this Jeff Pomeranz character? Can't seem to find any decent info on him.
  26. chrisanon Member

Here's a July 2009 photo of the over the hill and out of it Anne Archer.

Anne-Archer.jpg
  27. Kha Khan Member

Jeff Pomeranz from IMDb:
  28. Re: [Marty]: Tales of the IAS

Somehow I doubt that they even are in contact now. I suspect the Dainty-Dimpled-Dwarf has Tommy wrapped around his homophobic peen 24/7.
  29. AnonLover Member

things that make you go hmmmm.... in hindsight.

The timing of Marty lighting a spark near the IAS powder keg, right in the middle of the short window for aussie inquiry submissions, such that the fallout of IAS / IRS flame fanning in the US makes for one helluva distraction from senate flame fanning down under.
  30. Obvious Sock Member

These goofballs didn't have a problem with how things were being done for decades until they (the MR's in particular) got tired of being abused.

That others were abused was not of consequence.

Also, my take is that Marty is envious of, and desirous of, the massive IAS cash flow.

"If I can't have it, no one will!"

Or, he could want to crash the CULT, take over as the "new Elron" and then have access to the cash flow.

"Money, P*ssy and Power."

It's what it's all about, really.
  31. blank Member

I feel this chapter from Bob Penny's book "SOCIAL CONTROL IN SCIENTOLOGY -- A LOOK AT THE METHODS OF ENTRAPMENT" is relevant to the topic of people in Scientology getting coerced to hand over all their life savings to a cult. It might explain some of the mechanisms behind the mind control, that lead people to such irrational, self-destroying behaviour.
    Bob Penny was a Scientologist during the 70's and 80's.
    Social Control in Scientology -- A Look at the Methods of Entrapment, by Bob Penny