Customize

Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by an0nim0uz, Dec 1, 2010.

1. an0nim0uz Member

Marty talks about Battlefield Earth and John Travolta

Apparently, John Travolta is a criminal, out-ethics son of a bitch.

2. Anonymous Member

Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

Excellent. at the very least I hope that JT and Tom Cruise get to see this at some point and put their heads together to realise that David Miscavige is screwing em both up.
  3. Squirrel King Member

Yes, I am shocked. Little weenie boy gets upset when nobody likes little weenie boy's movies and then little weenie boy denies making the movie.
  4. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

David Miscavige has missed out on what it's like to be moral.
  5. LocalSP Member

I LOL'd
  6. Anonymous Member

So is that why Tom's movies tanked ,cuz he's out ethics?
  7. xenubarb Member

HEY BARBARA RUIZ! HOW DO YOU LIKE BEING CALLED "GREASER SLIT" BY YOUR ECCLESIASTICAL LEADER?
  8. Anonymous Member

Let's wrap this up in Christmas ribbons, send one to John Travolta and let JT know we'll send one to Tom Cruise too. Maybe they can get together over the holidays. So much to catch up on!

Interesting comment: "Tom Cruise is a regular scientologist now" Was he an irregular one before that, when he wasn't getting any gains out of Scientology? Lol

So, the real super duper Director of Battlefield Earth was David Miscavige, Dictator of Scientology! that's something I can believe
  9. Anonymous Member

Can we get a transcript of the video? Some of us at work cannot hear the audio portion.
  10. Anonymous Member

J.D Shapiro:
    "A few days after I finished the script, a very excited Travolta called, told me he 'loved it,' and wanted to have dinner. At dinner, John said again how much he loved the script and called it 'The 'Schindler's List' of sci-fi.'"

Before long, he got a series of notes about the script that he just assumed were "a joke," but ended up being directly from Travolta himself.

"They changed the entire tone. I knew these notes would kill the movie. The notes wanted me to lose key scenes, add ridiculous scenes, take out some of the key characters. I asked Mike [Marcus, the president of MGM] where they came from. He said, 'From us.' But when I pressed him, he said, 'From John's camp, but we agree with them.'"
  11. xenubarb Member

Here's a nice piccie for the card:

TERL_IAS.jpg
  12. Anonymous Member

Marty Rathburn @ 6:48 "And I swear to God I don't know how I weasled around that. I actually do know how I weased around it."

Apparently that TR-L is some hard brainwashing to break.
  13. Squirrel King Member

Don't forget to send him the Razzie speech:‘Battlefield Earth’ Scripter Pens Apology – Deadline.com
  14. Anonymous Member

This video needs a bit more exposure I think.
  15. Anonymous Member

"----- you can never trust a ------?"

i wonder what word was used by DM in that statement when making reference to JT.
    (this was towards the end of the video)
  16. Anonymous Member

was dm calling jt a fag?
  17. FreakE420 Member

This thread inspired me to repost an old shoop.

BattlefieldEarthfront.jpg

And also found this:
    On The Set of Battlefield Eurf
    BEset.jpg
  18. Nancy Beazley Member

I sure think so.
  19. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

I'm going to go out on the limb here and take a wild shot in the dark before I watch this

Hubbard Good/ Miscavige Bad

Did I guess right?
  20. Anonymous Member

No
  21. Anonymous Member

Well, the discussion was about Travolta's out ethics. Doesn't leave too much to the imagination.

- you can never trust a fag
    - you can never trust an actor
    - you can never trust a scientologist

but since this is coming out of Miscavige's potty mouth, I'll take Door #1 for $500, Alex
  22. Anonymous Member

like. needs christmas ribbons and Santa Cruise
  23. Nancy Beazley Member

Would OP consider renaming this thread to include Travolta's name?
  24. Anonymous Member

Definitely the Tom Cruise video.
    Had to find out where the lunacy came from.
  25. Anonymous Member

oops - wrong thread :eek:
  26. an0nim0uz Member

OP considered it.

Everything to your liking now, Ms. Beazley? :p

Edit: For the people who haven't noticed already: The channel this video was posted on seems to be the only source of Marty's videos, so you might wanna subscribe to it.
  27. exOT8Michael Member

I sure hope this video gets lots of mirrors.
    Would hate to think of a vid of 2 top ex- Int execs actually fishing instead of saving the planet would get taken down. Showing this vid to SO members would make their blood boil LOL.
    Oh yes, the stuff about JT, BFE, DM and TC is lulzy too.
    ;-)
  28. Nancy Beazley Member

:)
  29. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

The movie has Miscaviges stench of fail all over it. I am not surprised he was in charge of the whole thing. Everything he goes near is a spectacular cock up.

It would be a tough gig being a sociopathic film director. I would think you would need an element of "feel" to produce the right emotions.
  30. Smurf Member

DM later sent Barbara to the RPF over this. She was still on it as of 2008. Don't know if she graduated yet or not. Her husband, Javier, also left her when she went to the RPF.

But, someone told me they had gotten together again.
  31. Anonymous Member

Likely she'd have to be rescued outta there, considering Battlefield Earth comes up every year in one kind of "Worst Of" awards list!

Battlefield Earth (2000)

"Poster for Battlefield Earth, directed by Roger Christian. considered the worst Sci-fi film since "Plan 9 from Outer Space".Based on the first half of L. Ron Hubbard's novel of the same name and starring John Travolta, Forest Whitaker, and Barry Pepper, this film had the third-worst 3,000-plus-theater opening weekend up to that time. It was criticized for its poor script, hammy acting by Travolta, overuse of Dutch angles, laughable dialogue, and several plot inconsistencies. More than one reviewer called the film "Travolting".[44] Rob Vaux called the film a "crime against celluloid".[45] Roger Ebert predicted that the film "for decades to come will be the punch line of jokes about bad movies."[46] It is also on his "most hated" list.[47] The film has a 2% rating at Rotten Tomatoes,[48] and was included in their Top 100 worst reviewed movies of the last 10 years.[49] It won seven Golden Raspberry Awards, including Worst Picture and Worst Screen Couple (John Travolta and "anyone on the screen with him").[50] In 2005, an eighth Razzie (for Worst "Drama" of Our First 25 Years) was awarded to the film,[51] and in 2010 the film won a ninth Razzie at the 30th Golden Raspberry Awards for "Worst Picture of the Decade".[52] The movie also appeared on Metacritic's list of the all-time lowest-scoring films,[53] is on the MRQE's 50 Worst Movies list,[54] and remains on the IMDb bottom 100.[9] It is #1 on both the Bottom 200 movie list at Everyone's a Critic,[17] and the 100 worst movies list at DigitalDreamDoor.com.[35] Maxim magazine printed, "Even Quentin Tarantino couldn't revive Travolta's career after this movie." The movie's distributor, Franchise Pictures, was later forced out of business after it emerged that it had overstated the film's budget by $31 million."

List of films considered the worst - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  32. Anonymous Member

J. D. Shapiro might like this under his Christmas tree too.
  33. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

Miscavige seems to have studied all the great film makers from Hubbard to uh...L. Ron Hubbard.
  34. Anonymous Member

3728779094_e27d527db2_o.jpg
  35. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

Yeah pretty much, Battlefield Earth was exactly what you'd expect from Hubbard's cult.

What I still fail to understand is, if Miscavige was this much of an asshole which I have no reason to doubt, why did Rathbun and Rinder continue to be his personal door mat all the way up until he tossed them to the curb?
  36. Random guy Member

Stockholm syndrome?
  37. Nancy Beazley Member

Didn't they both blow?
  38. thesneakster Member

Go study (not skim) their video interviews that are still hosted on the St. Petersburg Times Truth Rundown site ( Church of Scientology: The Truth Rundown & follow-up reports | Tampabay.com St. Petersburg Times ), if you actually desire to understand that, rather than just slag these folks.

Addendum: McSavage never "tossed them to the curb" - they both fled and escaped. What you just uttered is an OSA propaganda meme found in the Freedom Magazine non-rebuttal to the SP Times Truth Rundown series.

The Sneakster
  39. veravendetter Member

OP's VT of MR's take on JT's BE, and DM and TC on the QT is some tasty OC
  40. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

Miscavige had Marty building doll houses in their carpentry shop down in Clearwater while Miscavige had his ex-wife spying on him. he finally realized Miscavige is never going to return his calls, and Rinder was going to to be send to dig ditches. If that's not kicking them to the curb I don't know what is.