Customize

Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by an0nim0uz, Dec 1, 2010.

1. xenubarb Member

Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

I SAW THAT TOO! (and lol'd irl)
  2. PresidentShaw Member

Whywemarty
  3. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

gone-fishing.jpg
  4. veravendetter Member

^lolol^
  5. Anonymous Member

M&M's "Fishing Series" vids are symbolic of one of the most overused of Hubbard's control phrases: "he's got other fish to fry". It meant doing anything but Scientolog 24/7 (yes, even cutting sleep time down), spending one dollar on anything not Scientology, caring about anything else was criminal and not tolerated. Any sci, in, out or inbetween will get the joke.

There's a subliminal message in this that I don't think M&M get yet. On one hand, they Are fishing, but hey, at least they're still Talking about Scientology. Oh wait, they're talking about Miscavige, which is Not true Scientology, you see.

What I see is they didn't catch any fish in that video, so there's no fish for them to fry, therefore being true to Hubbard's edict. They're actually Fishing for Scientology, so it has the ElRon stamp of approval.
  6. Anonymous Member

Where might I find this reference ?
    aka docs or gtfo
  7. PresidentShaw Member

Kill yourself
  8. Anonymous Member

MARTY
    take your docs and go to authorities with EVERYTHING YOU KNOW
    You are leaking this stuff so slowly and in bits and pieces. Because of this, it will have little or no legal ramifications against COS. IMO

If you are trying to bring down OSA and Miscavige as you state, you are going about it in a very strange way and at a snail's pace.

You know damn well that people are suffering every day on the RPF, but you choose to let them stay there by leaking these "docs" every once in a while and slowly. WHY?

What can possibly be your explanation for letting these people stay on the RPF another day? Or allowing another member to get regged to death? or letting another disconnection to happen? WTF?

If your true intention is take down the COS as you say, then just do it already
  9. Anonymous Member

M & M aren't fishing, they're trolling.
  10. Anonymous Member

Errr, how he casually does, 'oh and the Lisa Mcpherson case?'
  11. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

Yeah. Good pick up.

I was down in Florida covering up the death of a young woman to the authorities - I didnt have time for Miscaviges bullshit.
  12. Anonymous Member

Dear Marty,

Please clarify, Battle Field Earth sucked because:

A) JT's out ethics.
    B) DM's out ethics.
    C) LRH's out ethics.
    D) All of the above.

Thnx
  13. Squirrel King Member

I read this as "Fisting for Scientology"
  14. Anonymous Member

Isn't that what Davey does?
  15. subrosa Member

It is obvious that neither one of them has ever even HELD a fishing rod before, let alone FISHED with it. SET UP from the gitgo.
  16. Anonymous Member

Scientology scriptures: "other fish to fry" =

• HCO PL 21 Aug. 1972;Effective Hatting // Esto Series 27; OEC Management Series 2 (1991), p. 123
    • HCO PL 15 Apr. 1982 II; The Counting of Gross Income // Finance Series 29; OEC Management Series 2 (1991), p. 374
    • LRH ED 339R-1 INT, 10 Oct. 1982; The Make-Break Point of an Org; The Original LRH-EDs // Series 3 (1983), p. 48
  17. Anonymous Member

Thank you fine sir or madam- sorry to trouble you.
  18. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

Yeah he doxd you good.
  19. Anonymous Member

YES HE DID
  20. Anonymous Member

Ah, thanks. I was just about to search, since I was asked for dox.

And you want evidence of what I was talking about, google "other fish to fry" and mahty's website and you'll see the phrase used over and over.

But, sometimes it's used in the old context of, oh that's bad, and other times, oh now it's good. Shades of 1984. But it does make sense when you see that when DM has other fish to fry, it's bad. When Mahty or Independents fish fry, it's good.

Confused? Then you might not be a cultie.
  21. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

If David Miscavage thinks that "Battlefield Earth" was the blockbuster that should have been; then I think someone up there should convince him to make a TV series of LRH's pulp stories. I mean, Scientologists are already adapting them to stage plays, so why not? There would be a different 1 hour story a week and it would give all those Scientologist actors some work for a while.

If he managed to sell the pilots to a major network everyone in the USA could see the show.

And then the reviews would come in every newspaper in every city the next day.
  22. Anonymous Member

lol
    public access MAYBE
    I don't think any TV station would want to pick this up.
    Thankfully
  23. Anonymous Member

The people in the Marty post keep saying that Battlefield Earth was great...and would have been a great movie if DM didn't mess it up, it had more "ARC", etc...

The book stank. Why can't they just admit it?
    I read it when it came out as a kid who loved science fiction. Battlefield Earth is terrible. Characters are more like caricatures and was just not a great read. I gave up with one chapter to go because I just didn't care anymore.

It did help inoculate me to Hubbard though. No person who was as great as claimed by the scilons would have written that crappy book.
    The zoners still can't admit Hubbard was not all that was claimed.
  24. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

It has been said on another forum that has absolutely nothing to do with Hubbard, Anon, or Scientology, "The only thing worse than an L. Ron Hubbard book is a movie based on an L. Ron Hubbard book."

LOL!
  25. Anonymous Member

There were a lot of people that came into sci in late 60's and 70's that were both sci fi fans, but also interested in pioneer, actual science. Many of the true classic sci fi authors did, in fact, research and have ties to on the edge scientists.

I was one of them. Back then, sci's discussed anything and everything, including their experiences with auditing. It was a wild time and we had a lot of fun with it. We got together for "events" that we put together, with live music jams, booze, and dancing and sharing outrageous stories about our "auditing" experiences.

There were maybe only 2 Hubbard sci fi books that were at best "okay". Typewriter in the Sky is one I remember. We didn't consider him a great sci fi writer by any means.
  26. Anonymous Member

I assume most of the people who LOVED the book in the Marty thread did not read a lot of science fiction. It cannot compare to Heinlein or Asimov. It can't even compare to Piers Anthony.
  27. grebe Member

I cant be bovered to read the old pulps. Does any one know if there's a story among Hubbard's mega-oevre that does not completely suck?

Switching gears here, maybe it's just me, but I get tired reading the same message over and over --i.e., "Until Rathbun renounces LRH as a con artist I refuse to say anything nice about him."

I mean, hey cool. I sympathize. But do we need the point smacked over our heads repeatedly?

It's funny because I'm moar of a hater than many here. I dislike not only the CoS and its fronts but also the LRH teachings, the freezone, and the entire brain melting volkish New Age culture in which these things thrive. Yet I can imagine having a pretty fun time hanging out and talking about stuff with Marty.

No fishing, though, cuz I imagine the fish out the back door aren't that great for eating and I don't see the point in hurting creatures for no reason.
  28. Anonymous Member

Slightly off topic: Has anyone read this one?

hubbardbook.png

My shopping buddy asked me if I was going to buy it and I said no way I wasn't even going to pay a dollar for that crap. The cashier and the woman behind us both lol'd.
  29. Anonymous Member

And you'd be correct. They probably also loved "Jazz Space" and Hubtard's Apollo All Stars and the "Joy of Creating" regurgitations. They would also be diagnosed as Bipolar and other mentally problematic individuals by professionals.

You'll have to excuse me for saying this yet again. The majority of people who get into sci leave quickly. There's a smaller percentage who get caught up into it for a little while. Those who stay in for years and decades are a very tiny minority. These, let's just say they have "issues".
  30. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

31. Anonymous Member

32. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

5230767744_1e082f276a.jpg

ARRRRGH, me matey! Personally, That's one top I would avoid being under....
  33. DeathHamster Member

Hubbard never won any recognizable SF awards. No Hugo, no Nebula, no nuthin. It didn't stop them from inventing a few however.
  34. Anonymous Member

35. Triumph Member

Nouse UK
    Worst Films » Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000
    December 4, 2010
    read the rest here
    Nouse.co.uk » Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000
  36. FreakE420 Member

battlefield-earth.jpg
  37. LarryBren Member

38. Anonymous Member

hubbardbookmajorski.jpg
  39. Re: Marty talks about Battlefield Earth

Hey, Marty;

The problems with Scientology are due to this liar and utterly exposed fraud, L. Ron Hubbard who you still try to pass off as a great humanitarian and sell his science fiction bullshit, phony religion.

Hubbard wrote many brutally abusive policies for all Scientologists including young children that you enforced for years. You left when you got a taste of your own medicine from the little tyrant, David Miscavige.

The children's RPF, disconnection and many other scamming, controlling policies that the convicted fraud Hubbard ran on so many and ruined countless families over the years with your help.

Now you try and put the blame on David Miscavige who is simply an example of Hubbard' close abusive mentoring since childhood with no remedy in sight, well, until the internet and Anonymous came along.

DM was transformed into a maniacal, greedy, controlling, abusive prick just like the master, i mean monster L.Ron Hubbard.

Help end the scam, Marty, help others, not yourself, for once.

You know so much more than you've let on, please stop trying to take advantge of the many who have found the courage to leave and try to sell them more of Hubbard's abusive,
    fraudulent tech.

Google: L. Ron Hubbard / Lies

It's not "Entheta", it's the facts.
  40. Anonymous Member

Epic Sword Guy! Nice.