Customize

[Marty] Techy, inside baseball, but, um, interesting?

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Kha Khan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Kha Khan Member

[Marty] Techy, inside baseball, but, um, interesting?

The following is from Marty. It is very techy, "inside baseball," and much more appropriate for ESMB than WWP, which of course will not stop me from cross-posting it on WWP also. I think it is interesting and, properly understood, can tell us a lot.

OT VIIIs to Objectives – the latest in Reverse Scientology:
    I think this is important because many Scientologists, and particularly Scientologists who take the tech seriously, will think this is insane. Absolutely nuts. I believe it will serve to drive more OT8s and "tech serious" Scientologists out of the COS.

Consider the Grade Chart:

grdchart.gif

OT VIII is the highest released level on the right, "Processing" side of the chart. Objectives and the Purification Rundowns are at the the bottom of the right, "Processing" side of the chart. So, after achieving the highest possible processing level, OT VIIIs are being ordered to start over at the bottom of the "Bridge to Total Freedom" for at least 100 hours of Objectives? What?

I'm trying to think of a good non-Scientology analogy. Is the above like completing your Ph.D. in physics, and then being ordered to re-take algebra? No, that is not sufficiently stupid.

Is the above like completing your Ph.D. in physics, and then being ordered to re-take junior high school physical education? Closer.

Perhaps the above is like completing your Doctor of Divinity and becoming a Christian minister, only to have your denomination order you to re-take junior high school physical education -- and threaten to excommunicate you if you don't.

And consider the "Ability Gained" on completion of Objectives: "Oriented in the present time of the physical universe." So the COS is admitting that after reaching the top of the available processing grade chart OT8s are not "Oriented in the present time of the physical universe?"

Another important factor is that the OT8s are being ordered to do this. [Keep in mind that these OT8s are not in the SO and very few of them are Class V staff.] This is consistent with at least one prior report that OT8s are being told they "work for the Church" and must "be there on the same terms as the SO." If Scientology and the level of OT8 are supposed to (officially) provide any benefit or ability, it is self-determinism. Yet, here we have people who have achieved OT8 being ordered to start over and do book and bottle for at least 100 hours.

One obvious reason for the COS to do this is to keep the OT8s around and to get more money from them. Mike Rinder explained it well in the comment thread when he said:
    I think Mike may be right -- the COS has now created the Circular Bridge (tm) back to where you started from.

Another commentator observed:
    Another commentator noted the issue of ego:
    Finally, one last comment that shows how sensitive the COS is about refunds these days:
    Like I said in the beginning, this is all very techy and "inside baseball." But I can't help but think this will drive more OT8s and "tech serious" Scientologists out of the COS. Even within the world of Scientology, it is just too weird, too contrary to what everyone has been taught and believed for years, too inconsistent.

ADDED:

A confirming story:
    And a tale of RPF and the Objectives... for the third time around:
    ESMB Post: [Marty] Techy, inside baseball, but, um, interesting?

/
  2. adhocrat Member

Re: [Marty] Techy, inside baseball, but, um, interesting?

It's a Mobius strip
  3. andonanon Member

[IMG]
  4. adhocrat Member

Exactly
  5. Kha Khan Member

A confirming story:
    And a tale of RPF and the Objectives... for the third time around:
  6. WagTheWog Member

And yet they stay IN.
    Brainwashed beyond return.
    Sick and sad all at once.
  7. chrisanon Member

Your analogies really help make this Scilon garbage comprehensible, but I still hate soiling my brain with Hubbardfilth.

Still, this is useful to know, soil or no soil.
  8. Re: [Marty] Techy, inside baseball, but, um, interesting?

Thank you for posting from Ratbomb's propaganda blog so I don't have to read it!!!
  9. Zhent Member

I do like the idea of a circular bridge. Should be a good one to mention at protests.
  10. lostinspace Member

I'm an ex and I can't stand reading Marty's pontificating the Kool Aid.

Anyone thirsty? :p
  11. Anonymous Member

I'm curious what Marty is doing to find employment so he can be a responsible husband when he's not kicking back on his girlfriend's** paycheck and not plotting his grandiose return to the Scilon pulpit?

** Like one of his many lies about his "wife Mosey"... they're not married.
  12. Anonymous Member

Who cares? Unless you are Mosey..lol.
  13. Re: [Marty] Techy, inside baseball, but, um, interesting?

It's the start of David Miscavige's Dianetics amusement park and his first ride is a merry go round!

Merry-Go-Scieno_v1.gif
  14. Anonymous Member

It would be a very, very bad idea to alert known (or suspected) OT8s (or OTany) of this potentiality.
  15. PodPeople Member

hahahahaha. More like revolving credit lines, circular wallets, and the "BT's Chutes and Ladders" game. Miscavige seems to be the only one left that is Aware there's no such things as Clears & OT's. He keeps popping up proclaiming, Clear, OT? No U Not. Throw yourself down the chute, pay Ticketmaster when you reach the bottom. The reason those clears & otees obey is because they Know they aren't really super duper speerits and it Must be coz they didn't do it right.
    Doh

screen_1.jpg
  16. TrevAnon Member

Bunker had it right with his music choice a long time ago.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AFmeJZR90[/ame]
  17. Re: [Marty] Techy, inside baseball, but, um, interesting?

I thought Fat boy only wrote up to OTX before he died and the chart goes up to OTXV?
  18. mirele Member

They may actually be married under Texas law:

"Q: What makes a common law marriage?

A: Three elements must be present to form a common law marriage in Texas.

First, you must have "agreed to be married."
    Second, you must have "held yourselves out" as husband and wife. You must have represented to others that you were married to each other. As an example of this, you may have introduced you partner socially as "my husband," or you may have filed a joint income tax return.
    Third, you must have lived together in this state as husband and wife."

(From: http://www.co.travis.tx.us/dro/common_law.asp)

My parents thought they had gotten married in California, but their marriage license never got filed. So they actually weren't married until they moved to Texas when I was 12. It took them another 24 years before they got around to actually going down to the county courthouse and getting the "Certificate of Informal Partnership. They only did that because they didn't want to have any hassle from the Social Security Administration.

Soooo, he may really be married to her under Texas law. (Too bad for Babbles Schultz!)
  19. Anonymous Member

:(
  20. s6xs6xs6x Member

I understand it just fine (without your explainations) :)

It's not really that techy.
  21. JohnnyRUClear Member

Done with your bridge to total freedom? HA! That was just a warm-up. Back to act 1, nooblet!

nightmaremode.jpg