Customize

Marty's new "Casablanca"

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Marty's new "Casablanca"

The "lake" of which you speak is called the Gulf of Mexico. The body of water behind the house is a canal that connects to the gulf.
  2. xenubarb Member

First you accuse us of future bookburning, now you're accusing us of being book burners.
    How does that work?
  3. Anonymous Member

This Anon doesn't care much what 'Indies' (or Scientologists) think of Anon.

I'm far more concerned about what the non-moonbat public thinks of Scientology, because with political support (e.g. the recent Pickles statement) we can get the government to act to stop the cult's abusive behaviour.
  4. Anonymous Member

I actively enjoy moonbats not liking anon. But then, I'm a troll.
  5. Anonymous Member

It's hard to imagine we could get them to like us if we wanted to.

I mean, we've tried offering them caek and everything.
  6. fisherman Member

Good conversation taking place. Strong points on both sides. I like it!
  7. LocalSP Member

You poor deluded fool.
  8. Anonymous Member

Yes, I've enjoyed a Charlie Chaplin film or two.
    I also very much enjoy the benefit of driving on Freeways to get to my destination much quicker. Will Smith, in defending his scientology-powered private school to a bunch of anon protesters outside, used that fallacious argument and subtle godwinism..."you know who invented freeways right?".

Pointing out the truth of Hubbard's conduct and character is not ad hom. It is relevant. Just as relevant as Marty pointing out the truth of Miscavige's conduct and character.
  9. Anonymous Member

Nicely put
  10. Anonymous Member

It works when one swallow whole Marty Rathbun's "The great middle path – redux" [ref]:

... The the anti-Scientology extreme cut its teeth on the purported purpose line of restoring freedom of speech and thought on the subject. Ironically, that very group is now demanding that everything L Ron Hubbard ever issued be burned in one colossal Spanish Inquisition-esque bonfire. ... The relative minority of Scientology haters (far, far left) – those who favor book banning and burning and coercive tactics used to alter people’s beliefs – similarly use the DM led suppression tactics to paint the entire religion of Scientology as pernicious and worthy of dismantling. ...
  11. Panther Member

Except that Hubbard's dead, Miscavige isn't. And that's kinda the point. Abuses are happening right now, today, at the hands of Miscavige. How about we all deal with that first, then argue till kingdom frikkin come about why he was doing it.
  12. Re: Marty's new "Casablanca"

Stay on Target, target explaination below. I Fully adhere to that message.

13. Anonymous Member

Dox ?
  14. subgenius Member

$cientology is not a religion.
    It is merely a brainwashing technique.
    Or is that too obvious?
    Oh yeah, its stupid, too.
  15. Re: Marty's new "Casablanca"

And if people still want to see it as their religion ? What are you going to do than hunni.
  16. subgenius Member

Not a damn thing. I have no control over how people define words.
    I just don't have to accept their definitions.
  17. Caliwog Member

Let's not forget that he's also opened his first Ideal Org. I thought spending money on buildings was a no-no.

I smell a Caliwog blog entry!

ML,
    Caliwog
    caliwog.wordpress.com
  18. xenubarb Member

That is so fucking stupid and untrue. Remember when Russia wanted to ban Scientology books altogether? In that thread, the majority of us were against it. Farty needs to be challenged on that in front of his followers.

But that won't happen, because he censors his blog to protect the little darlings from thoughts and entheta.
  19. Anonymous Member

There are still many noxious "teachings" out there, despite their originators being dead. Their "teachings" still cause a lot of intolerance, pain, suffering.

Personally, I prefer to work toward exposing as much as I can the roots of the Scientology problems, which are in the teachings. This explains much more satisfactorily why through the decades Scientology has driven good people to do bad things, and to shield bad people against accountability for the bad things they did/do. It's much more than just "Miscavige made me do it!"
  20. xenubarb Member

"I would guess..."

No dox.
  21. Anonymous Member

I could address the wall of text above, though I have never had anything to do with Marty. I won't bother given the reaction and that I object to the line "everyone's got to make a living" - while this is true, if Marty is true to LRH dogma, he is violating "Knowledge is free; keep it so" if not through his words then through his behavior.

Aside from many major world religions recommending tithing (which Sci/Indie or otherwise, is not) to provide a meager but living wage to priests/imams/rabbis/similar, I do not find acceptance of money or living in a flashy waterfront home to be the appropriate life for an aspiring or acting religious leader.

The anon who said every cult needs a charismatic leader was spot on in that regard. I don't think that is Marty's style; "pay me what you think I am worth" is not exactly the confidence required of any leader. If he got hold of any of the exes in my family (all deceased; deaths totally unrelated to Sci) I'd be bitching up a storm.

Marty's blog is free speech, and Anons can choose to read it or not. But if any of my family or friends were to pay him a dime... it will be back to the day I first saw Diarrhetics on one of my parents' bedside tables.

Anyone considered auditing with Marty and writing him a cheque for what the auditing is really worth?
  22. Caliwog Member

Get thee hence, troll. (Or something like that.)

We all know what Marty is counseling, because the texts are available on the Interwebs. He's counseling "touch assists" instead of proper medical care. He's counseling the Introspection Rundown. He's taking people's money and selling them a piece of blue sky, just as Hubbard instructed. So yeah, we know what's going on at his various houses.

Either you're a Hubbard apologist or you're ignorant of what Scientology is really all about. Or, possibly, both.

Dunno why I'm saying this, I'm sure everyone else can see it. Oh well, I always was good at pointing out the obvious.

ML,
    Caliwog
    caliwog.wordpress.com
  23. Re: Marty's new "Casablanca"

And what are you going to do against people doing auditing for a fee (not being in the COS ?)
  24. Re: Marty's new "Casablanca"

What are YOU going to do about it ?
  25. Caliwog Member

The abuses are written into LRH tech. If you can't see it, guess what - you're still in the cult. Doesn't matter whose name is on the "Pay to the order of" line on your checks.

ML,
    Caliwog
    caliwog.wordpress.com
  26. Anonymous Member

I have a number? By curious coincidence it's the number of my next OT level
  27. Anonymous Member

Puh lease. Do I need to start quoting from the Old Testmant?
  28. Anonymous Member

Caek? Why the fuck didn't you say so before?
  29. Anonymous Member

We could probably put a cigarette paper between where we each stand; the differences get amplified out of all proportion, I know not why.
  30. Caliwog Member

You're talking about Marty like other Scientologists talk about Hubbard. "He only wanted to be a friend to mankind..." Anon rests its case.

For the record, green-on-white* may be pedantic, but the true abuses lie in red-on-white** and releases of other colors that Marty won't talk about.

Besides, saying he doesn't believe in green-on-white, Marty is simply distancing you further from the truth, because it's in the green volumes where LRH lays out how the scam is done. Green-on-white is where you will read Hubbard's instructions to use any "button" to attract new public, then sell them the same solution regardless of the problem. It's where you see Hubbard urging you to sell-sell-sell and make more money. Of course Marty, as a smart Scientology leader, wants to downplay the importance of the green vols (even if he's still practicing from them). Green vols give Scientologists a glimpse behind the curtain, and for those not buying in 100%, they can be very dangerous.

* Green-on-white: Administrative (management) technology.
    ** Red-on-white: Religious tech, HCOBs, etc.

ML,
    Caliwog
    caliwog.wordpress.com
  31. xenubarb Member

Scientology doesn't have a new testament. The abuses are written into the tech, because that's how Hubbard thought and Hubbard was not a nice man.

Since Hubbard is Source, how are these independents gonna pick the relatively benign stuff out, dispose of the rest, without violating the integrity of Source?
  32. Caliwog Member

Keep writing about the truth.

ML,
    Caliwog
    caliwog.wordpress.com
  33. Caliwog Member

You can if you want, but the fact is that most Jews do not kill homosexuals or sacrifice rams, while most Scientologists do believe that PTS, not germs, are the cause of the common cold.

ML,
    Caliwog
    caliwog.wordpress.com
  34. Anonymous Member

True.

It's nothing more or less than time worn and proven hypnotic techniques to access and manipulate the subconscious (renamed "Reactive Mind" by Elron) for the purpose of mind control.

There is nothing else in the "tech". Nothing.

$cilontology is hypnosis.

It's not hard to understand...unless you are hypnotized.

(Pro Tip: A person in denial is in a hypnotic state)
  35. Anonymous Member

I think perhaps Anon meant that the Old Testament of the Christian Bible also contains things that can be used to justify abuse, which of course makes Scientology abuses perfectly all right.

(joking) :D

More seriously, I think perhaps Anon's point was that although there are Bad Things in the Bible, not all Christians are abusive. And so Scientologists can be good people even if Hubbard wasn't or his writings weren't.

That would certainly scupper Anonymous's point of view, if Anonymous's point of view were that All Scientologists Are Nasty Baddies. Which of course it isn't.

But it's clearly in Marty's interest to conflate the argument

"Some Anons Say Marty Has Done Bad Things In The Past"

into

"Anon Says All Scientologists are Bad People - Those Bigots!".

Which is just the same old argument that CoS uses to smear its critics (e.g. Sweeney). So that in itself is just more of the same old deceiptful 'tech' from Marty.
  36. Re: Marty's new "Casablanca"

I am going to follow your blog, What do you dislike most about how Marty conducts himself ?
  37. subgenius Member

None of your beeswax.
  38. Caliwog Member

The way he lies, blaming crimes on DM that in fact have their basis in LRH policy, then censoring comments that point out the truth.

ML,
    Caliwog
  39. elwood Member

Unless he's moved to Rockport or Aransas Pass it's in Ingleside, just across the bay from Corpus Christi.
  40. Re: Marty's new "Casablanca"

What crimes do you blame him for in particular?