Customize

Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Kha Khan, May 13, 2010.

1. PodPeople Member

2. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

That and he takes himself too seriously as a result of having some immunity. No more immunity.

We must make this stand IMHO at this point in time because we need to garner the trust of the more honest exes who are doing the right thing aka Carmel and Jenna. Not mentioning all the exes who really want to come out and are waiting in the sidelines for a safe area. If we keep supporting Marty if only by tactic, we loose their confidence and they are the people who will bring down CO$. You are right, the circle jerking has to stop.

There's an enquiry and there's much win to be had aligning with those that are willing to stand up and make known the abusive practices in CO$. Marty is not going to do that, only the abuses of DM.

A line needs to be drawn in the sand, pick where you want to stand or add some more info that determines where that line goes.
  3. Smurf Member

Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Obviously, some of the "independent Scientologists" monitor WWP because several have emailed me on Facebook saying they're read my critical comments about Marty's actions on WWP & ESMB, and are now demanding I delete them from my site as Facebook "friends".

Whereas, we should be united in our war with the cult. regardless of our individual philosophical differences, it's clear lines are being drawn in the sand and a Scientology splinter group is being formed. That's sad.
  4. Anonymous Member

That's their fault, not yours.

Fuck 'em if their Tech is too precious - gollum.jpg
  5. Smurf Member

I agree with you on both counts.

When Marcus Stuckenbrock was trying to get real answers about his brother Uwe's death, he reached out to Marty & friends for information and Marty ignored his inquiries and wouldn't talk with him. Marty's friends, likewise, slammed the door on him.

If that isn't a case of some very fucked-up and misguided hero worship, I don't know what is. Marty has now become the Pied Piper of pro-LRH ex-Scilons. Fucking fools.
  6. Anonymous Member

Immunity from what? The only "immunity" he has is statutes of limitations, and he's keeping up with those by not revealing evidence about his own wrong-doing before they expire. He's never been immune from criticism obviously, but trying to divert our focus to him is not really going to work on me despite the button I mentioned. The only difference it would make is in my regard for the man, but I have no business with him anyway.
    I'm in this to dismantle the present form of an organization which suppresses free speech, infiltrates government agencies and corporations, attacks people etc. I'm not really all that concerned about what hippy stuff independents practice along with other consenting adults.
    Here's my input to that line in the sand:
    View attachment 23i8dps.jpg
    Oops, sorry about that.
    Actually, not sorry afterall.
  7. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

It's not about philosophical differences. It's about abuses and those that choose to support them and those who don't. Anyone can believe what they want to believe, they just can't go on hurting people. That is the line being drawn. It is obvious that MR is encouraging disconnection from your comments. The warning signs are there, along with his deluded comments on his blog.

vid related

8. PodPeople Member

Antisocial Personality Disorder: I Don't Care!
    Antisocial personality disorder is one of the most violent and aggressive of the various personality disorders. Also known as psychopathic personality or sociopathic personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder describes a complete disregard for the rights, feelings, or safety of others. The terms sociopath and psychopath are both used to describe someone with antisocial personality disorder.

Prevalence and Causes of Antisocial Personality Disorder
    Antisocial personality disorder appears in 3.6 percent of the adult US population, or approximately 7.6 million people. The condition appears to be more common in men than women, although this may be because the male sociopath is more likely to receive a diagnosis.

Sociopaths and psychopaths make up a high percentage of inmates in US prisons. An estimated eighty percent of male inmates have antisocial personality disorder. Female sociopaths are thought to make up 65 percent of the populace in women's prisons.

Sociopath or Psychopath?
    The terms sociopath and psychopath are often used interchangeably when discussing antisocial personality disorder. According to Merriam-Webster, a sociopath is "a sociopathic individual" (a person with an asocial or antisocial personality), and a psychopath is "a mentally ill or unstable individual; especially: one having an antisocial personality." Both terms are legitimate descriptions of a person with antisocial personality disorder.

Causes of Antisocial Personality Disorder: What Makes a Psychopath?

The exact causes of antisocial personality disorder are unknown, although researchers have some clues. Genetics may play a role in whether a person becomes a psychopath, as the children of parents with antisocial personality disorder appear to be more at risk for the disorder. However, whether this suggests an environmental or genetic cause is unclear.

Sociopaths often have histories of childhood abuse. Many have parents who abused alcohol or other substances. None of these possible causes, however, can explain the development of all sociopaths.
    Antisocial Personality Disorder Symptoms
    Central to antisocial personality disorder is a disregard for the rights of others and a willingness to violate those rights. Antisocial personality disorder does not so much have symptoms as a set of characteristics and tendencies. A psychopath may:
    engage in violent acts and fights
    feel no guilt or remorse for his or her actions
    have no concern for individual safety or the safety of others
    lie or deceive consistently
    regularly break the law
    steal.
    Sociopaths are often angry and their self-interest makes many of them arrogant. Despite this, some people with antisocial behavior disorder can appear charming or flattering. This charm is not sincere, however, the psychopath simply uses charm as a tool to manipulate people to achieve his or her own ends.

How the Psychopath Perceives Himself
    Psychopaths perceive themselves as different from the general population, but they don't believe this as a problem. The sociopath views himself as superior to other people, and disdains social conventions. People are only valued if they offer something the psychopath needs, and then only for as long as it is needed.
    Diagnosing Antisocial Personality Disorder
    Antisocial personality disorder is not as difficult to diagnose as some personality disorders, but for a sociopath to willingly seek out treatment is highly unlikely. Many cases of antisocial personality disorder only come to medical attention when the person seeks medical attention by a court of law. In such cases, the psychopath can be expected to resist both diagnosis and treatment.

For a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder, a childhood diagnosis of conduct disorder is required (or evidence that the person met the diagnostic criteria for conduct disorder as a child). In addition, the DSM-IV states that at least three of the following be present for an antisocial personality disorder diagnosis:
    failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest
    deceitfulness, as indicated by repeated lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
    impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
    irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
    reckless disregard for safety of self or others
    consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
    lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

From the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Edition. American Psychiatric Association, 1994.

Like many other personality disorders, antisocial personality disorder has symptoms that can be explained by the presence of other conditions, and these conditions must be ruled out during diagnosis. Such conditions include manic episodes and schizophrenia, as well as other personality disorders, including:

narcissistic personality disorder
    histrionic personality disorder
    borderline personality disorder
    paranoid personality disorder.
    Substance abuse can cause delusions that mimic antisocial personality disorder, and this poses a special problem when diagnosing a potential sociopath. For, while substance abuse could be the cause of sociopathic symptoms, people with antisocial personality disorder are fifteen percent more likely to develop substance abuse problems than the rest of the population.
    Complications of Antisocial Behavior

The most common complication faced by people with antisocial personality disorder is incarceration and frequent conflicts with the law. As noted previously, high percentages of sociopaths are found in correctional facilities.
    Substance abuse is a common problem among psychopaths: 75 percent of diagnosed psychopaths abuse alcohol, and up to 50 percent abuse other substances. Both due to substance abuse and symptoms of antisocial personality disorder, many sociopaths experience panic attacks, tension, and anxiety problems.

Suicide attempts are much higher among psychopaths than the general population. While the general population's suicide rate is one percent, people with antisocial personality disorder have a suicide rate of five percent.
    Treatment of Antisocial Personality Disorder
    Treatment is problematic, as the psychopath is likely to resist. Medications are not generally advised, as the sociopath will either not take the medication, or, in many cases, abuse it or try to manipulate the physician into prescribing specific drugs.

Therapy has been used to treat antisocial behavior, with limited success. Group therapy at the outset is not recommended, given the sociopath's preferences for confrontational and manipulative interaction. Intensive, long-term, inpatient treatment has been shown to be successful if the patient is cooperative. Spread over the course of years, inpatient treatment of antisocial personality disorder is expensive, but much less expensive and more effective than incarceration.

Ultimately, time appears to be the best treatment for antisocial personality disorder. Symptoms are more noticeable in the sociopath's early twenties, and by the time a sociopath reaches his or her forties symptoms tend to be less noticeable. It is unclear whether this means antisocial personality disorder symptoms diminish with age, or whether age prevents the psychopath from acting as he or she would when younger
  9. Smurf Member

That's not accurate. Marty and his friends (and followers) agree with me on the issues concerning abuses and criminal activities taking place in Scientology, but we have philosophical differences as to who's responsible for the conduct and where the cycle of abuse & violence began.

Marty has taken the line that Scientology & LRH was a bed of roses before Miscavige arrived on the scene, but anyone with appreciation of the facts can look at Scientology's track record before Miscavige took power and see that LRH started the whole fucking mess that ballooned out of control. Miscavige simply added gas to the already burning flames.

I personally think Marty is living in a world of denial and refuses to take personal responsibility & accountability for his past actions, rather he blames it on DM. It's a ruse that works for him now with his small group of like-mindfucked pals, but I expect it will come back to bit his ass in the end.
  10. PodPeople Member

What continues to amaze me is the similar denial or ignoring of exactly what I posted right above yours. Scientology is all about unlicensed and harmful attempts of mental diagnosis and "therapies".

That's coupled and countered with some who are likewise unlicensed "evaluators" that do not understand the mental issues of scientologists who are in or trying to get out.

There are mental victims and abusers in Sci. The majority fall in the first category. Sociopaths rarely change, even with any attempts of professional help, which is unlikely any such would avail themselves of; most end up in prison or mental institutions. And I have seen only Sociopaths rise to the top in sci. Not my opinion. My experience, as is many others.

Sociopaths don't change their stripes, only their strategies.
  11. AnonymousNow Member

For right now I would stay on target. His DM attack is generating tons of bad press for the COS as a whole, not just for DM. And if DM was toppled, the skeletons flying out of the closet would cast the death blow for the COS as we know it.

I can see going to war against Rathbun as the leader of a united Freezone evil empire in chapter 12 of this saga. If we destroy his credibility now, we blunt his current onslaught on DM.
  12. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

For sure, so how come he is covering up those crimes?

Philosophically he is following LRH's policies which promote deception as a part to protect scientology. In acting on them, he is directly involved with protecting abuses which are occurring.

David Koresh believed it was his right to take 12 year old girls to bed. He's entitled to that belief. But as soon as he acts that out he is harming another human being. That's the idea of freedom and the responsibility that goes with it. You can believe whatever you like but if your beliefs hurt other people through tangible actions expect the shitstorm.
  13. Anonymous Member

You seem to have a "misunderstood" on "opinion" from your time in Scientology. And "experiences" are not necessarily objective truth. In the non-Scientology world, it is indeed an opinion, though it might be a valid one. Would be even better if it was a professional opinion, but even professionals can be wrong.

Well then it looks like Marty is on your side of the line. He's does not appear to abusing anyone. Having some opinions which are dumb yes, a you might expect from an LRH-supporter, but not abusing people. It actually looks like he's been actively trying to stop abuses by speaking out and presenting himself as a nice distraction to attack for both OSA and the most fanatic "anons". As for disconnection stories, it doesn't seem like they're breaking up families, but are forming an online clique; even if it's a douchebaggy thing to do, I wouldn't call it "abuse".
  14. Smurf Member

Ahem.. speak for yourself. And we are on target, thank you.

Anons aren't destroying Marty's credibility. He's doing a great job of that himself.
  15. Anonymous Member

those who fear - you give marty way to much power. waste of time.

When he talks loudly about his enjoying the freedom to be a scientologist, and talking about his rights amongst the wrongs - throwing these so-called wrenches into the inquiry, remember, he is the baby and the cult is the bathwater. When it comes to financial statements, where will marty rathbuns be?

All the people with the tech - where will their financial statements be? Charitable activities - events - freezone? huh. What exists here?

again, way too much power to this guy.
  16. PodPeople Member

I appreciate your argument above and I understand what you believe to be inoccuous intentions, as long as you skip over the many and varied hints that are laid out in the plethora of sub comments here and there.

However, the major flaw in your argument is denying the total embodiment of what is known about the type of mental disorder, the type of personality, that would be capable of horrific acts that Marty did while he was "in", and the fact that this type of disorder/personality rarely seeks help and even if he does, not likely to be reformed or cured at this time.

You are correct about opinions and experiences; however, I have learned a great deal after the fact about professional. I'd argue that it doesn't take a PhD to know a sociopath when you've experienced one, however.

Would you be opposed to talking plain English here? Do you think anyone, anyone who's been exposed to a Sociopath doesn't recognise one, even without a professional degree?
  17. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

this thread is gay and its my fault.
  18. Incredulicide Member

YouTube - I, Psychopath (Clip 1 of 5)
  19. Scatman Member

Severe ASPD describes David Miscavige. Narcissistic Personality Disorder describes Marty Rathbun. Marty asserts aggressive narcissism, but lacks the socially deviant lifestyle of a psychopath.
  20. PodPeople Member

No, it's not gay, and Marty's actions about Aussie invest is important for all to know about.

But what's also important to know about, and high time stops getting ignored is about mental health issues, syndromes, disorders, and all that kind of stuff.

Scientology is nothing more than quack mental health therapies and Anons might think twice about adding to the quakery by "diagnosing" or "evaluations" or anything in those categories about sci's in or trying to get out. It's no different than what sci's do except you don't swipe their credit cards.

Mental illness and disorders is serious business and best left to professionals.
    Crimes and abuses. That's what it's about.
  21. Anonymous Member

Hmm...would it be like Martin Luther going against the Catholic Church?
    NOT! Because Co$ is not religion but a money making blood sucking scam!

I have a hard time understanding why any ex's would support LRH's BS after learning the truth about his life & the oc-cult's roots?
    Scientology, Satanism, Left-Hand-Path - Why We Protest Wiki
  22. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

You try creating an illusion for 20 years and then smashing it. (Actually it feels damn good ;)
  23. Anonymous Member

freezone?
    independents?

are they registered in Australia as charitable?

statements plox

Stand guard and be ready to call upon the validity of submissions based on truth of charitable establishment.; and backup proof of status. If not - kaplooey.

Can Marty have it both ways? think about it....From which charitable standpoint would he address the inquiry. Media statements mean nothing. Call for proof and validity of charitable status.

for now he looks like an amplifier for the criminal nut cult.
  24. PodPeople Member

Well, that's the rub, isn't it. That's why so many of us have a problem with those getting out, and not being able to fully wash the brain due to indies or whatever interference and injection.

But here's the "thing". Anyone who talks to someone about their problems might have a "win". In sci, it's forbidden to talk to anyone outside sci auditors about a problem, so all such "wins" are related to sci. Any problems you have despite auditing is attributed to You and you can only talke to a sci "ethics officer".

Yes, a simplistic and isolated instance, but it expresses the broad expanse of "win". And the truth is those "wins" don't last long, understandably.
  25. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Are you serious???? He has an all powerful army willing to take down CO$ as can be seen in this video: Look at the numbers he has...

Look at the way he uses the tech to battle his opponents. Don't underestimate this guy. He is dangerous stuff. Look at the way they are standing. They are superpowerz OT sociopaths for sure.
  26. Rockyj Member

looks like two people & some idiot with a toothpick,
    you're being sarcastic right?
  27. Anonymous Member

"stay on target"

He IS part of the fucking target.

The australian assault is key. They lose charitable status there, they lose it in the UK too through reciprocal agreement. Massive blow, especially to finances, which we know is the real sore spot for them, after protests and information pushes over the last 3 years have savaged the capacity to bring in raw meat.

Rathbun directly tried to sabotage this for his own purposes.

Forget any of the other crap he has done, that alone warrants taking him down.

We don't nip him in the bud, he will continue to attempt sabotage in other forms, on his way to try to become hubtard the third.
  28. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

So now not only is he refusing to fess up to what he did while in to law enforcement, and hasten the demise of the cult, he is actively trying to sabotage us?

fuck him.
  29. timthephoto Member

this ^^
  30. Anonymous Member

Right now, I'm happy to see him enturbulating the Cult(kind of like when I enjoyed seeing the hated Celtics pwn the over-rated egofag Oueen James LeGone). Atm, he's much more worrisome to COB than Anon.
  31. Anonymous Member

No, he would be worrisome to misavaige if he actually got off his self-serving arse and confessed all to law enforcement, and stopped trying to sabotage anons.

Right now he is acting just as miscavaige wants
  32. RolandRB Member

I am afraid Marty is right. Xenophon's actions put the Enquiry into Scientology above the change of law being proposed. The change of law is a good one - the UK has this already. But to change the law as an excuse to have a go at Scientology is entirely the wrong way around and at the end of the day could undermine this useful proposed change in the law to make sure that charities that get tax exemption are worthy of the same.

If you read ESMB the Aussies there are gung ho about it and acting like they have scored some great victory that will be felt the world over. There are acting like Scientology will be banished from their land or that all the abuses will stop. What I think will happen instead is that people will see that this was all due to anti-Scientology sentiment and the useful change in the law will be lost instead when this is looked at in the cold light of day.

IF the law on charities is changed (such that it aligns with UK law) then this will be the useful result. Not the enquiry into Scientology that these Aussies are crowing about. Just as the charities commision refused charitable status to a Scientology entity a few years back then if COSRECI in Australia loses its charitable status this could cause all sorts of problems for the Co$ in Australia and the UK. However, you would have to ask how the Co$ manages to operate freely in the rest of Europe. If they lose charitable status in the UK then they can probably utilise whatever method they are using in mainland Europe.
  33. Random guy Member

Gasp, you are right! Let's go after Marty!

Could you link to all the docs that he fleeces his flock, try to take down youtube messages, send layers after those who post Hubbards drivel online, fairgame critics, has forced IRS into taxbreaks for his little group, disconnects families, run recovery-missions on those that split from his group, issue freeloaders debts to escapees, runs an RPF and uses violence to keep his little group in line? I need them to poon the local media and start a wave of anti-Marty articles.

[/SARCASM]

Thanks to Carmel, we now have relatively concrete evidence Marty is not our friend. Great, let's keep that in mind.

PodPeople:

Yes, I think you may be right that Marty is a sociopath, or at least has sociopath tendencies. Being a sociopath is not a crime in it self however. No matter how evil the intentions, until they are acted on, they remain intentions, and are fully legal. If he really is mentally ill, he's a case for psychiatry, not for me. I am not a trained mental health professional.
  34. Anonymous Member

The Miscavigebots don't look none too happy here:YouTube - Look who's disconnecting now
  35. Random guy Member

Miscavice is extatic about the St. Petersburg articles and the continued spotlight on Tom Cruises escapades.
  36. Anonymous Member

Thirding this. Also agree with the post that said we don't need to scheme. The truth is what's going to bring them all down.

The video thing might be played out, but it's the "twist" of the third act yeah? That will catch people's attention, and a video saying "we're watching" at the very least might shine the public's eye on Marty's splinter group. Saw someone say he's not abusing people. Let's make sure he can't.
  37. Anonymous Member

He could hurt the cult a lot.

He refuses out of self interest.

Efforts to expose the cult to taxes are launched.

He tries to sabotage them.

Fuck him. I'm not saying picket his fucking house, I just suggest a blanket "fuck marty".
  38. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

limited bad press and attention paid to someone everyone already thinks is a loon

vs

his deputy for years telling all to law enforcement meaning near certain criminal charges and losing tax/charitable status in two of the larger sci populations in the world

hmmmmn let me think
  39. Anonymous Member

Doing the right thing vs avoiding self-incrimination? Most people would choose the latter.
    In any case, Marty's just a Piker compared to the big target.
  40. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

"I'm totally against miscavaige, I just refuse to do anything meaningful about it"

He could cut himself out of any repercussions with a half competent attorney and a plea bargain.

He just doesn't want to admit to what he did, which, ya'know, is the first step to actual atonement.