Customize

Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Kha Khan, May 13, 2010.

1. Random guy Member

Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Yes, the "Truth Rundown" was a very limited bad press for the cult. The value for us was neglectible. Marty is clearly just following Miscaviges orders.
  2. Anonymous Member

Maybe his deeds were far worse than any of us even know, and no amount of plea bargaining would save his ass.
  3. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Compared with him going and giving evidence from years of cuntish behaviour at the direct command of miscavaige to law enforcement.
  4. Random guy Member

I'm not saying Marty is a good guy or our friend. I'm just pointing out that claiming he's doing what Miscavige wants him to do is more than the usual amount of tinfoil.
  5. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

And im not claiming he is osa :)

I could probably rephrase it better as

"on the scale of damage he could be doing, miscavaige must be pleased he hasnt gone a lot further"

Im just pretty pissed off re: sabotage and it colours my language accordingly
  6. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Have i missed something? I'v only heard heresay.

However his blog comments really show where his mind is at. Also the delusional thinking he has about anon being scared of him. (although that anon who called him with a shaky voice I can understand)

I actually like the guy from what i've seen. I like what he did for Jenna and at least some of the stuff he has done in interviews. However, he's getting overly delusional and offensive. Read his blog, noise to see what i mean.

However if some esmbers had not been so attacking so early on we may have had this problem. It's too late to patch things up IMHO.

At the end of the day Marty had a chance. He knew in his heart what he should have done and he hasn't done it. He must either surrender himself or be taken down as far as I am concerned,

OSA will love it if we attack marty but what the fuck does OSA know. They are retarded fucks who are in a sinking ship. They use to be effective when they could hide in the dark and play their twisted games on the unsuspecting but those days are over.
    I am following what i feel is the right thing and may change my mind if any new info comes up.
  7. Random guy Member

Yup, Marty's little make-believe empire will go down eventually. At present however, we have very little to gain by an all out attack on him. Let's make sure there's noting left of CoS, and the Marty problem will go away on it's own.
  8. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

I don't think there are many that would suggest an "all out attack", but certainly if sabotage attempts continue it may be necessary to neuter the threat. He has failed so far, but only through the vigilance of others.
  9. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Besides, an all out attack would last around 3 minutes, lol

put that on your blog, cunt
  10. timthephoto Member

we should do a comunique or something to remind marty's loayal officers that they don't need an issuing authority for their silly certificates, just the reputation of the signer in a new air of openess.. Independent means not just indepenent of DM, it means Independent of all control mechanisms - especially Marty...
  11. Anonymous Member

So I'm just curious in how you are prevented from coming together and practicing your beliefs in peace?
  12. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

My belief is to poon down Marty in spare time. I want that to be respected and left in peace to do so.
  13. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

14. Anonymous Member

Gee, you are really bent on "protecting" Marty, aren't you? We know Marty is not "really" working to dismantle CoS because former whistleblowers with *lower* ranking than him came before, and exposed *much* more of the inner working of the Church of Scientology, some to the point of criminal investigations. So far, after more than 5 years out, I see nothing of this from Rahtbun. The worst he admitted was to have destroyed evidences in the Lisa McPherson case, *while* emphasizing that *he* did this, not David Miscavige... Now get this: It is possible to expose and document Marty's whitewashing/censoring/etc. *while* exposing and documenting CoS' abuses/lies/etc. For some strange reasons, you think that one exclude the other.
  15. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

whoa..... calm down. Discussion does not mean anyone is protecting anyone. Anon has valid points. Just proceed with your points. Those communication techniques (or cycles) might work elsewhere but not here) Just lay your points down.
  16. Anonymous Member

FYI, the foam at the corners of my mouth does *not* mean I am not calm.
  17. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Well discuss your problem. What really is the core of your non stop channel fagging, Brbs? It appears to me that you are overtly emotionally connected to your mission. Did MR give a disconnection order to someone you love?
  18. auchraw Member

If this has been said already please ignore.

Text is good. Two points might make it better.

It doesn't need "You have been given ample time to make amends which you have chosen to shy away from." You've said this already right at the top.

And the text is addressed personally to Marty, so you can't refer to him in the third person at the end: "However, anyone who supports Marty will be seen as supporting the destructive practices of CO$."

This should be: "Anyone who supports YOU will be seen etc. "

Funny how they reacted to his lobbying in Australia by agreeing to an inquiry.
  19. Anonymous Member

Don't do a video. Please. It will only cause more problems than it could solve.
  20. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

carrier pigeon ok?
  21. auchraw Member

Bump.
  22. El Diablo Member

Free market Scientology: No-one profiting from the copyrights. No illegal/borderline legal tactics to stop, or coerce people from chosing something else. Everyone doing whatever the heck they want to with "the tech"...be it admoration, critique or ridicule. That, in my opinion, will for the most part neuter the negative effects we currently see in the CoS.

I think if we focus on this, then whatever Marty does is besides the point. If he tries to establish some kind of Scientology 2.0 with all the associated problems...then people who left Scientology 1.0 ain't gonna wanna stick around. So long as we guard against things that prevent them from chosing something else, then it (and anything like it) will collapse on it's own. People will go elsewhere - just as they did when they left the CoS.

For what it's worth, I've grown to be quite suspicious of Marty...and quite dismayed/disapproving of him working against the senate inquiry. That being said, while the CoS and Marty are battling against each other they're more or less doing our work for us. That our aims were compromised (albeit temporarily) by Marty is unfortunate, but it's not the end of the world. We can - and already have - secured a parliamentary inquiry.

Not THE inquiry into the CoS specifically...but heck, one crucial first step. A possible change to legislation upon which the CoS's tax exemption CAN be challenged. Sucks that it took more work than without Marty working against this outcome - but it still happened.

Obstacles crop up...just gotta deal with them...and let's face it, we've got a good system for dealing with problems...and plenty of clever and hardworking people doing their thing...ex's and non-ex's alike!

Not worth getting our knickers in a knot over them. We've got much more going for us than those trying to scuttle our collective efforts.

Okay, I'm an eternal optimist...but still, I really think this is the case.

Anyhow, that's just my take on things. :)
  23. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

i believe whatever we do we will win. No matter what angle we take. But until we collectively agree on something then we have wasted threads on Marty. I think more than anything just following what is right no matter what the political consequences look like will always lead you to win. For me that is giving MR the ultimatum but if 99% of you guys have another idea, i'd follow it because many heads are greater than one.
  24. auchraw Member

Correct me (I am sure you will) but the Co$ operates any way it can in Europe. It is recognised as a religion in Spain and perhaps in Sweden, not sure; its various activities - selling courses and books and practising medicine - are illegal in France, so how it is operating there I can't imagine; Germany, Belgium and Russia are chasing it regardless of its status.

In other words it must find charitable status very useful but it doesn't live or die because it has charitable status. As far as I know it is not regarded as a charity in the UK, unless they have wangled an educational exemption. As the Church of Scientology Religious Education College Inc it is a foreign company in Britain (ref FC009154), exempt from audit, according to the provisions of Statutory Instrument 1990 No.440, relating to overseas companies.

'The Church is a South Australian charity and is established in England for charitable purposes only.' Their public accounts for fye 31 December 2006, page 6.

So the buck stops in SA.
  25. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

isnt that where xenuphone is from? Also where murdoch owned his first newspaper and highest serial killer rate per capita on the world? Gotta love SA.
  26. Anonymous Member

Quoted: "Not THE inquiry into the CoS specifically...but heck, one crucial first step. A possible change to legislation upon which the CoS's tax exemption CAN be challenged. Sucks that it took more work than without Marty working against this outcome - but it still happened."

Perhaps it happened now because Marty showed a few more people how Scientology works and tries to influence people?

And I never knew Anonymous had to be unanimous. It is very dangerous to think 99 per cent of people must be right.
  27. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

Really? So if we all agreed the sun will come up tomorrow that would be dangerous would it?

Very dangerous...

Your powers of reasoning are extraordinary.

In a dangerous cult where they can monitor you and where group speak is from a central force i'd agree with you. But that is impossible here.
  28. Anonymous Member

This is my battle plan to fight the cult of Martyology:
    ot3v.jpg

lol, no it's OT3! Get pneumonia and die!!!!
  29. Re: Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry.

that looks like a good plan. Lets do it.
  30. DeathHamster Member

SithRon1.jpg

Just like Davey, Hubbard is his master.
  31. OTBT Member

LMAO
  32. El Diablo Member

Ya never know! :)

...and even if we wanted to be unanimous, like we could be! :p

I like to aim for the achievable. ;)
  33. xenubarb Member

Marty:
    He has crimes hidden that he will try to conceal forever. If the cult blows apart, certainly some of his unsavoury behavior will come to light and he will have to answer for it.

The inquiry he tried to sabotage would involve turning over a lot of rocks. Marty's past deeds are squirming in the dank dark along with earwigs and other icky things with too many legs.

He has begun cutting the herd by labeling us 'The Dark Side,' suggesting that HIS side is all righteousness and light. It's Opposite Day in Martyville!

One thing we can do to pull the plug on Marty is to introduce him to the authorities we contact.

We should probably dead agent this motherfucker into oblivion, so that any politician he contacts knows exactly who and what he is, and why he is opposed to an inquiry. He wants something to inherit. Let's make sure there is nothing left but rubble, figuratively speaking. Scientology's possessions and fortune should be doled out to those it harmed over the past 50 years. Marty can have the elaborate styrofoam stage sets if he wants them. They're worthless, just like the tech. I would like to see him rot in prison for all the harm he's done to others. Those sets would look good in his cell.
  34. RolandRB Member

Just to make it clear, I am not a supporter of Marty. My feeling is that he wants the cult to continue so that he can displace the Dwarf and get access to those lovely secret bank account numbers. I think he will succeed. I do not trust him. But that does not prevent him from saying something sensible from time to time and showing insight.

As for losing charitable status in Australia then it looks like they will lose it, providing the new law they are introducing does not get stopped because of the way they have gone about things. It is not a good idea to go down the path of cult bashing, find you are getting nowhere and so changing the law so you can go cult bashing again. This is clearly the case in Australia and if it goes to high court and evidence is taken then it will be seen that the law was only introduced as a tool to attack the Co$ with and so the law could get repealed. This would be a shame. Marty has pointed out that this is the case and I respect his insight. What I do have doubts about is the way he has contacted people in Australia to undermine the this movement. If he is undermining the movement to rescue the bill and keep it free from the taint of Scientology bashing so that the law goes into effect without any trouble then I agree with him and think he is doing a good job. However, I don't know the details, and so would suspect him of keeping the status quo and maintaining the position of the cult so that he can take it over at some point.

Now back to the subject of your post and the effect of COSRECI losing charitable status in Australia and with the reciprocal agreement with the UK then losing it there as well. This would be a splendid thing but it is not clear what the consequences would be. They could always be a for-profit company that makes a loss but would they have to charge sales tax (called VAT in the UK) on courses and auditing? That would hurt them. Would they, as a for-profit company, have to pay their staff minimum wage? That might close their doors if so. Would their goods have to be "of merchantable quality"? That could hurt them. But nobody knows what the outcome is going to be. I just regard their losing charitable status as a useful development. This is just the UK and Australia that will be affected by this. What about the rest of Europe. They seem to operate there without any problem but how? Does the rest of Europe not have laws to do with charities and vet them for tax exempt purposes? Is the UK the only country in Europe doing this? And look at the US. There, not only do they operate tax free but the "parishioners" can claim back income tax for their "donations" for courses and auditing. Could they push for the same in Europe claiming that spiritual salvation in their religion is through "moving up the Bridge" and no other way and that this costs money and so it should be tax free?

The most important thing for me about what is going on in Australia is the passing of the law to vet charities for tax exempt purposes and this will bring Australia in line with the UK. This is a good thing if it happens. Clobbering COSRECI can wait until that law is firmly in place and working well, as far as I am concerned. COSRECI's time will surely come. And although I do not trust Marty, I think we should study his actions and see if what he was doing was increasing the survival chances of this new law. If that was what he was doing then I applaud his actions.
  35. subgenius Member

its Anonymous, not Unanimous
    we're the Beastie Boys
    not Cheech and Chong

sorry
    carry on
  36. Anonymous Member

Dear Marty,

Keep fucking with us, and we will fuck with you,

Regards,

Anonymous
  37. AnonKat Member

[IMG]
  38. Anonymous Member

QFMFT!!!

This is quite beautifully expressed. And it is the best suggestion ever to come out of one of these goddamn Marty threads.

This suggestions says stay on target, but cut Rathbun off at the knees with the authorities. We do what needs to be done (and Rathbun's shit is another bullet point of FYI for those in power).

This is the plan imho. Hopefully all sides can agree and incorporate this so we can STOP FUCKING TALKING ABOUT IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
  39. RolandRB Member

We need to find out how it operates in mainland Europe, as opposed to the UK. The UK is linked in with Australia and so you have COSRECI tax exempt in the UK. Does COSRECI own properties in the rest of Europe? It is operating there as a British tax-exempt entity by mutual agreement with other European countries? We need to find out how they are getting away with being tax free in the rest of Europe.

At the end of the day, they could always put on their robes and get out there eight-pointed crosses and be a tax free church but maybe it is not so easy to charge thousands of Euros for courses and auditing then. They do this in the uS but I doubt they can do this in Europe without an almighty legal battle.

To find out if the changing of the law in Australia means anything in Europe then we need to find out how they operate tax free in mainland European countries. Can somebody do this please?
  40. AnonKat Member

every european country has different rules