Customize

Massive phishing expedition?

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by A.Non Hubbard, Sep 5, 2008.

1. A.Non Hubbard Member

Massive phishing expedition?

If you file a DCMA counter-claim, don't you have to namefag yourself in a way the Scifags have access to? You're essentially legally challenging them, are you not?
  2. yknot Member

Re: Massive phishing expedition?

Yes, you do, and yes, this is very likely the endgame OSA or Oschaper was after. And failed to get.
  3. Anon123456 Member

sounds about right. are you saying we should DMCA people in order to obtain identities?
  4. A.Non Hubbard Member

But surely some anons didn't think of this and filed the DCMA counters before the account restorations.
  5. A.Non Hubbard Member

Hell no. I'm just worried the cult has a nice pile of fresh dox this evening.
  6. MarcabEmpress Member

Some who were already named took action
  7. Anonynamefag Member

Either way, they committed fraud. Using fraud to steal identities is even worse. If they do anything with it, all they've done is increased the caliber of the footbullet they just fired.
  8. A.Non Hubbard Member

Hence a front group. Just sell Oliver up the river while new fail game targets are named.
  9. Re: Massive phishing expedition?

I found this on ESMB and found it intersting - If it's been posted already, apologies...

I love Scientology - Page 70 - Ex Scientologist Message Board
  10. QAnon Member

I did. In fact, I set up that YouTube account for the express purpose of Ollie sending a takedown notice, just so I could send a DMCA counter-claim. It was the most efficient way of stopping him, utilizing the provisions in the same law that he used for the takedown.

Then again, I'm name-fagged and my address is public knowledge. I also know the DMCA and that Ollie had no rights under it to take down our videos, so he couldn't press legal action. In other words, I was playing with house money. And I still have the account in case they try this shit again.
  11. Anonynamefag Member

For what it's worth, Ollie will have hell to pay tomorrow morning, and at 8:08 PM PST.
  12. Skeptic1337 Member

Maybe you can answer it. You know if it's a fraudelent claim if youtube passes that info back or if they verify the rights holder and just nuke it if it's bullshit.

I don't know how this portion works so any one who is namefagged and filed a counter it be cool if you could ask youtube for clarification on this privacy policy when it comes to DMCAs.
  13. yknot Member

I haven't seen any accounts of anons falling for it and unintentionally doxing themselves. AFAIK, the only counter-claims filed were knowingly done by already named persons, like QAnon above.
  14. QAnon Member

The DMCA counter-claim has to be sent to the complaintant according to the provisions in the DMCA. After a counter-claim has been filed, the complaintant has to decide whether or not to initiate legal action against the counter-claimant for violation of copyright. The complaintant has to know who to sue, in other words, and part of the provision in the counter-claim is that, by filing the counter-claim, you submit yourself to the potential for legal action.

Quoth the counter-claim letter:

"For the purposes of this matter, I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District
    Court for the judicial district in which I reside. I also consent to service of process by the
    person providing notification under Section 512(c)(1)(C) or that person’s agent."

So why am I not afraid, other than the fact that the Scifags already know my name, and if they know how to look up a resume on CareerBuilder or Monster, they have my address and phone number? Because I figured out something when I, like many other Anon, Googled the front groups' names and found nothing: Ollie and/or OSA was giving YouTube false information about the "copyright holders", using fake or throwaway e-mail accounts and fake addresses. Therefore, the counter-claim was never going to get back to the complaintant because the complaintant didn't exist. This is almost certainly what YouTube found out when they received the counter-claims we name-fags filed, not to mention the work other Anons did with phone calls and e-mails.

One more thing: quoth the counter-claim yet again:

"However, by this letter, I do not waive any other rights, including the ability to pursue an
    action for the removal or disabling of access to this material, if wrongful."

Having properly filed this, with valid information, this gives me the right to go after Ollie. Unfortunately, it's a civil action, and I would have to claim damages, of which there are none.
  15. Flynn Member

Quite well played Q.

Victory and vindication over this video vagabond villain has put him in very vicarious vixation :guyfawkes:

Now it is raining WIN.
  16. The Shadow Member

Verily :guyfawkes:
  17. Skeptic1337 Member

Thanks Q, I am now informed.
  18. A.Non Hubbard Member

Okay, phew. I'm glad to see no known unnamedfags were caught.
  19. QAnon Member

No, they weren't. When Ollie started this a week ago, I mentioned filing DMCA counter-claims. Everyone got paranoid about the name-fagging potential and refused to do it then, and then refused to do it last night and this morning. So everyone stayed as safe as possible, which is a good thing.

We name-fags do have our uses, you know. And now that we know the counter-claims work against them and that there will be no follow-up from their end, the accounts that are in the hands of us name-fags are safe havens for our videos.
  20. iaxiloll Member

The idea was brilliant Ollie found a Today Tonight vid, on QAnons channel, that I uploaded after only 16 hits. I don´t think that it was on the tube for more than an hour before it got yanked. Since when do American based companies make DMCA claims on Australian clips. If Ollie was a bit smart, he could have crippled us for at least 3 days. I think he managed about 12 hours.
  21. Prozac4Tom Member

Since it is illegal to file a false DMCA, would it be worth the effort to have Ollie prosecuted? I understand it isn't worth the effort to go after him in civil court for damages, but breaking the law is breaking the law!
  22. QAnon Member

Well, I think the first thing required is absolute proof that it was him. I mean, we know it was, but we haven't got the trail, and if Ollie and/or OSA faked the companies in the complaints like I think they did, YouTube doesn't have the evidence either.
  23. QAnon Member

That's about right. And less than thirty minutes after it got yanked (which is how long it took for the notification to reach me), I had the counter-claim mailed. The yanking took place at 12:15 my time; my harpoon was launched at 12:39. And most of that time was spent trying to fake my signature as best possible with a mouse because my all-in-one's scanner won't work with XP 64-bit.

ETA: Yes, it will. The "scan" button on the printer won't work. I'm a fucking idiot.

This is why I was going spastic Thursday night trying to get people to ling me to their pulled videos or to e-mail them to me. I needed bait for Ollie, and you provided it. Obviously, I couldn't explain my whole plan, because we know he comes here. That's why I kept the name of the account secret as well: I didn't want him to know where the honeypot was.

If he'd snapped at the first piece of bait I'd given him, Shadow's video about him, that twelve hours might have become six hours. Well, live and learn. Ollie's going to get his, and we're ready for next time.
  24. Prozac4Tom Member

Some of the business names used we know for a fact he is the owner of. I don't think OSA would have used his business names. I completely believe that he was behind a huge portion, if not the majority of these false claims.

ETA: I'd also like to thank you again for doing what you did since you are already name-fagged.
  25. yknot Member

I think HouseSpider had a few vids that were yanked directly by Oschaper, though possibly not through a DMCA report. If he was stupid enough to use the same throwaway email with both "companies" fronting the DMCA notices, that might be a tenuous link.
  26. QAnon Member

But to prove that, we'd need the originals of the takedown notifications, and YouTube wouldn't give them up without a court order. You can see the Catch-22 that's about to happen here, right?
  27. mrfyde Member

Ironic that they are trying to get names of people and it is the people with names that make their plans not work.
  28. basil Member

... but Ollie isn't smart, because he's a scLIEntologist. Clearly, if he had even a fraction of the intelligence of the German Anons that pulled off this huge win on Thursday, we may have something to be concerned about.

But we don't. It's Ollie. Dumb schmuck.

Ollie, Sie sind in Scheißestraße. Genießen Sie!
  29. iaxiloll Member

Note that I did not mention exactly which video got yanked. We still haz sekrit juicy honey pot OSA trap.Ollie dos not no which account foiled his plans.
  30. QAnon Member

Unless he actually received the counter-claim notice (which, as I stated in another thread, is a slim possibility) and entered the URL of the pulled video. The video was still up on the account in anticipation of revival. The video wouldn't have come up, but the title would have.

(In addition, the account name was also on the counter-claim notice. No problem if it's blown, of course; I'll just create another account on the fly like I did with this one, and the fun begins again.)

In fact, I think it was because of the fact that the title and keywords weren't changed by you when you uploaded it that trapped him. He was specifically looking for that video, probably on orders from his OSA masters (we've been pushing that video hard in School's Closed material), and found it on my channel. And the trap snaps shut. I'm making it a little more difficult on them by creating my own titles and keywords, but the fun's in the chase, isn't it?
  31. iaxiloll Member

I wonder where Ollie is now. He is most probably the [strike]master mind[/strike] dumb ass behind this. On top of a pyramid like structure of goons. I am sure that about 50% of the accounts that were suspended where not even noticed by their the owners.

[IMG]
  32. iaxiloll Member

Oh yes after all they found my sekrit false named and Scilon tagged channel didn´t they. Oh wait, I subscribed to the Church of Scientology. Hmmmm, so why is it still running. Support the truth and subscribe below. You too Ollie.

[IMG]
  33. Anon556 Member

Hmmm, i wonder if the CoS is infact doing itself a diss service in namefagging people. I havent heard any stories of any anons backing down once namefagged. if anything all it does is make them more determined, and it makes it personal. All their claims can now be backed up by a personal experience....
  34. QAnon Member

There have been instances of people backing down because of the threat. Thetan Ass is the best-known, although a number of Anons were compromised in that instance and left Chanology quietly and WITH sorrow. You can also make a case that Gregg name-fagging himself to get permits in Boston was the first opening for what he's going through. However, most of the Name-Fag Remorse seems to be confined to LA, which is only natural. That being said, Clearwater Anons thought that their name-fagging was especially lulzy, especially the way the Scilons did it.

AGP winning his case might be the trigger for LAnons to lose that fear. It'll show everyone that not even Moxon has the power to stop us and that OSA truly has no power (which is the case, but they're too deep in the forest to see the daylight). And there will be no way at that point for DM to reestablish that fear. That fear is the last thing truly holding Anon back. The OG...well, they've been beaten into the ground by OSA's bullshit. It'll take a lot to show them that they no longer have anything to be afraid of.

Name-fagging has its benefits. It's freed my actions up and enabled ChiAnon to do some stuff we weren't able to before (like putting the lie to the Scilon "they're only a bunch of college kids" line). That being said, don't do it unless you absolutely, positively have to, and you have nothing to lose by doing so. Right now, we have enough name-fags to do for Anon what only name-fags can do. Don't an hero for nothing.
  35. Amoninism Member

they pissed off a hornet nest... that is all.
  36. QAnon Member

fix'd
  37. BigBeard Member

So give it to the Feds for willful misuse of DCMA and multiple counts of perjury. They should be able to get a court order pretty quick.

BigBeard
  38. Skeptic1337 Member

It needs to go to the correct place. Cybercrimes division might be the best initial start.
  39. LilDebbie Member

This is why you need a clevar lawfag. They can find damages anywhere, especially if they're getting a percentage.