Customize

May 10th - Manchester, UK: The Gay Raid

Discussion in 'Europe' started by strobe, Apr 26, 2014.

1. strobe Member

e0t6lM7.jpg

May / gay, see what we did there?

Among all of the abuses of the cult of Scientology, some pretty nasty things often get overlooked. One of these is the homophobia of L. Ron Hubbard, and since his every word is to be followed to the letter in the cult, it's still a part of Scientology today. Homosexuality was classed as a disease, and Dianetics/Scientology presented as a cure. The book Dianetics has (in a 2007 edition) even included extracts of endorsements from newspapers, including a statement about Dianetics being able to 'stamp out homosexuality'.

- Scroll down for more on Scientology and homophobia -

So this month, Anonymous Manchester's monthly protest against Scientology will highlight the homophobia of this supposed '21st century' 'religion'.

------------------------------------------------

Next Anonymous Manchester Protest Against The Cult Of Scientology:
    The Gay Raid - 10th May 2014

manchestermeet-jpg.226300.jpg

Meet-up point: 133 Deansgate, M3 3WR (the coffee cup) near Starbucks [street view] - 10:45am

Walk to the Scientology Org: 258 Deansgate, M3 4BG (the volcano) [street view] - 11:00am
    (If no one's there, we're probably running late and are still at the meet-up point.)

Anons may be able to meet you at Piccadilly Station (the cocktail glass) in advance - just ask.
    The camera is where we take the post-raid photo, after which it's off to the pub.

Anyone of any sexuality is welcome to join us to protest the homophobia of this destructive cult.

We're going for a 'gay pride' type theme - wear whatever you like, rainbows etc. strongly encouraged. So 1.1.

MUSIC: Get your requests of Canal Street classics in for the playlist. Post a YouTube video of your desired song(s) in the thread below.

The main thing is to be there. You can also help by bringing fliers, signs, cake, megaphones, cameras, friends and lulz.

Seriously, print some damn fliers.

You can direct any potential new recruits to our local website for local people. We're also on the Facebook.

Here's the sort of thing you can expect.

More on the cult of Scientology and homophobia to follow...
    • Like Like x 12
  2. conatus Member

fuck yeah, mancfags
    • Like Like x 4
  3. strobe Member

Scientology and Homophobia

Homosexuality = 'covert hostility', one of the lowest 'emotional states' on Scientology's 'tone scale'. And it can be cured.

Scientology is still guided by the words of L. Ron Hubbard, and his books and policy letters are not to be altered in any way even though he's been dead for 26 years. So when Hubbard called homosexuality a 'perversion'; in his 1950 book Dianetics, and then a year later characterized homosexuality as 'covert hostility' on his chart of human emotion, which he called the Tone Scale, those words tended to be set in concrete for Scientologists.

Covert hostility registers at 1.1 on Hubbard's Tone Scale -- for non-Scientologists, your emotional state can go from 0 (death) on the low end to 4 (enthusiasm) on the high end. (Only Scientologists can reach the top end of the full scale -- Tone 40, which equals 'serenity of beingness.'

Hubbard taught that people can move up the Tone Scale with his processing (called 'auditing', and to this day gay members are told they need to 'handle' their homosexuality through auditing, which will raise them above 1.1 to higher states on the scale.

In other words, Scientology believes in gay therapy. If a homosexual moves above 1.1 on the scale, they'll be happier, and they will no longer be gay.
    "It's a cure, that's right," former Scientology executive Claire Headley told me for a story in May. "If you're auditing, you're going to move up the Tone Scale, and so you won't be 1.1 anymore."

Extract from Tony Ortega writing in the Village Voice

Tolerance of 'perversion' is as thoroughly bad for society as punishment for it.

The sexual pervert (and by this term dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in Dynamic II such as homosexuality, lesbianism, sexual sadism, etc. and all down the catalogue of Ellis and Krafft-Ebing) is actually quite ill physically. Perversion as an illness has so many manifestations that it must be spread through the entire gamut of classes from (1) to (5) above. Over-development of sexual organs, underdevelopment, seminal inhibition or magnification, etc. are found some in one pervert, some in another. And the sum of it is that the pervert is always a very ill person in one way or another, whether he is conscious of it or not. He is very far from culpable for his condition, but he is also so far from normal and so extremely dangerous to society that the tolerance of perversion is as thoroughly bad for society as punishment for it.

Lacking proper means prior to this time, society has been caught between tolerance and punishment, and the problem of perversion has, of course, not been resolved.

Extract from Dianetics, A Modern Science of Mental Health written by L. Ron Hubbard

You're gay because you killed someone.

You want to read out a homosexual case? You want to find out why this person is homosexual in some fashion or other? Just look it over and you realize that they killed somebody of the other sex — I mean, it’s that easy — and they are doing a life continuum on the sexual life of the other person. Awful simple.

Extract from Forecast On New Techniques, a lecture by L. Ron Hubbard

Homosexual people ('1.1s' - see above) should be taken from the society as rapidly as possible and institutionalized

Such people should be taken from the society as rapidly as possible and uniformly institutionalized; for here is the level of the contagion of immorality, and the destruction of ethics; here is the fodder which secret police organizations use for their filthy operations. One of the most effective measures of security that a nation threatened by war could take would be rounding up and placing in a cantonment, away from society, any 1.1 individual who might be connected with government, the military, or essential industry; since here are people who, regardless of any record of their family's loyalty, are potential traitors, the very mode of operation of their insanity being betrayal. In this level is the slime of society, the sex criminals, the political subversives, the people whose apparently rational activities are yet but the devious writhings of secret hate.

Extract from Science of Survival (1975 edition) written by L. Ron Hubbard

2009: Actor Paul Haggis quits Scientology over its stance on gay rights

Being a gay member of Scientology

Presented by Michael Pattinson, former Scientologist

The Church of Scientology is homophobic and anti-gay but accepts gay money for counselling

Presented by Karen de la Carriere, Scientologist for 35 years and former wife of Scientology president

Homosexuals don't practice love; 1.1s can't.

[Homosexuals] may be fearful, sympathetic, propitiative, griefy or apathetic. Occasionally they manage an ineffectual tantrum.

Homosexuals don't practice love; 1.1s can't. Their relationships consist of: 1) brief, sordid and impersonal meetings or 2) longer arrangements punctuated by dramatic tirades, discords, jealousies and frequent infidelity. It could hardly be otherwise since the tone is made up of suspicion and hate, producing a darling sweetness interspersed with petty peevishness. Their 'love' turns to deep contempt eventually.

Extracts from How To Choose Your People written by Ruth Minshull and published and sold by the Church of Scientology

0ySBvQl.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Kitty Amazing Member

Oh yes, this is going to be so much fun! Bringing a bag full of rainbow goodies, so nobody can escape teh theme!

(Slap me if you must I don't care)

Lolituma remix, Caramelldansen, Jump around, Numa Numa, MC Hammer, Lucky Star remix and Gangnam style to be played as well plez! Through out the day of course, I don't have the energy to dance to them all one after another. I'm not hardcore like dat.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. RightOn Member

GO GO GO!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Fuckeye Member

GAAAAAAAY.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RightOn Member

wait till you guys see the new numba for the Big List!
    WOW!
    Firebug has been on fire and our latest count is 2358!!
    ohhhh yah!
    • Like Like x 2
  8. BLiP Member

Hmmmm . . . report to Ethics, please:

14047830834_52025ebafd_o.jpg
    14024238536_22045b1ae0_o.jpg

: )

Good luck to all, take care out there, keep the cameras running . . . deliver lulz. That is all.
    • Like Like x 5
  9. WhiteNight Member

Sup faggots? Guess who's in Budapest.

I thought it'd be nice for me to pass on my various tools for when I have to go that extra mile to stay Anon (e.g talking to the media):

In case any of you want to get in touch with the press without running the risk of being tracked, proxy up and use this website to generate an email address that will self-destruct after 10 minutes:
    http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html

A full identity generator to use as an alias:
    http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

And an account killer to shrink your online presence:
    http://www.accountkiller.com/en/

I also highly recommend having a fake Failbook account with photos of one of your friends taken by you. It means that there aren't copies elsewhere (Facebook can track that shit and will contact the person you copied them off to tell them they're being impersonated), and makes it more legit. It's better to impersonate a real person who happens to live in a different country than create a whole new identity though. It means prying eyes will slip from following your movements to following theirs, and yet they'll have an alibi (different country), so it's not too cruel.

Will pass on more tips and tools upon request later, but right now the Hungarian Starbuck's barista has smiled at me twice and I'm going to practice my Hungarian on her.

Also, this:
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Kitty Amazing Member

11. Skinnies Member

Probs will attend. For Strobe.
    Will try to get Eight to come
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Oh, we're going to need a copy of Dianetics so they don't try and claim we faked the dox. it'd be handy to be able to open thru actual book and point to the homophobic bits in it.
  13. benjaltf4_ Member

GG from Paris :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Roach01 Member

I'll be there.
    Requests:

That will be all.
  15. Django Member

I'm not gay. OK, there was that time when I was 12, but I'm told that's a natural exploration of newfound pubescent sexuality when a guy reaches that age 'n stuff. But, well, hetero I am. I've got an ex-wife who will attest to this. She might not attest to my being an actual successful heterosexual, but but I think we can all dismiss that as just her being a horribly repressed frigid fucking bi...OK, she was a good person and I shouldn't bad-mouth her on a public forum. In fact, by court order, I really can't bad-mouth her on a public forum. There've been some incidents, and well, I had to sell my car and....

Anyways, I'm straight as all hell. However, I might reconsider, due to the awesomeness of this raid concept by our Manchester UK Anon Brethren. Damn. So, OK, who wants to put a dick in my mouth? I'll probably throw up like that guy in "Crying Game", but I so want to be supportive. So c'mon, bring it. Unwrap that puppy and we'll give it a shot, if you'll pardon the expression. I'll even lick stuff, like, you know, balls and crap, and, given enough vodka, weed and Oxy, will likely swallow.

Hey, I'm just one inclusive mofo.....
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Have one. Already bookmarked.

Have you left the country while in possession of the banner (again)?
  17. Dragononymous Member

How did that end up?
  18. Kitty Amazing Member

Before he left with all his sexyness he handed me the banner as I left for the train.

Going to be printing out fliers now, if not for this raid every single one after.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. moarxenu Member

^^^ MOTHERFUCKING THIS!!!^^^
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Remoulade Member

• Like Like x 3
  21. WhiteNight Member

I stayed at hers for two nights :D

That's a very generous offer, but I feel you ought to be told that it's a raid before it's an orgy. I heard Strobe's up for bum stuff though.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. moarxenu Member

^^^ Has Strobe had sex with an old homo?
  23. conatus Member

Raid day approacheth! I have a queer feeling that lulz of all stripes will be had....looking fwd to your reports....
    • Like Like x 1
  24. strobe Member

TEf6y94.jpg

If anyone sees a rainbow umbrella on the way to the raid, get me one.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. we are next to the meet up point but in shelter round thec corner
  26. Nano-Nymous Member

have you pics or video of this raid ?
  27. Kitty Amazing Member

14162938266_36b3591b0a_b.jpg

13999456568_fccd116048_b.jpg

14162937666_41c455b492_b.jpg

I will make the post game thread soon, to be continued...
    • Like Like x 8
  28. RightOn Member

yay! you soggy fagz!
    Thanks for the Big List love as always
    • Like Like x 1
  29. OroMatoko Member

Good job fags!
    • Like Like x 1
  30. is there a cure for the disease of being a scientologist:D
  31. Being a Scientologist might not be a disease, but the cure is definitely free knowledge, and that's why we're here.
  32. getbeckyout Member

• Like Like x 2
  33. getbeckyout Member

Love to Tracy F. We will not go away. Tony and Sue. Get becky out and David.
    • Like Like x 3
  34. [IMG]
    [IMG]
  35. getbeckyout Member

• Like Like x 3
  36. strobe Member

• Like Like x 2