Customize

May 26, 2012 - David Love & Lone Ranger Defy Mask Law

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Intelligence, May 27, 2012.

1. Intelligence Member

Montreal ORG protest was tiny compared to the usual 20 or so. About 17-20 showed up but were deterred by Montreal Police from attending protest while wearing masks. Police stated they would issue $500 fines if masks were worn. Two of us protested with masks but police held off with writing fines.

Uploaded by Intelligenceplus on May 27, 2012
    May 27, 2012 - David Love and Lone Ranger defy new Montreal mask law which bans the wearing of masks. Every person has fundamental freedoms, including freedom of conscience, freedom of religion, freedom of opinion, freedom of expression, freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of association. This Charter Right ensures the security for any individual under the Act whose life, safety and security is subjected to a real threat of danger, personal safety and freedom from the stated policies of the Church of Scientology violate. The city of Montreal has imposed their own version of law while violating other more important, intrinsic rights and freedoms protected under the Quebec Charter. A 39 page formal complaint, will be submitted to the Quebec Human Rights Commission Monday morning, May 28, 2012 by David Edgar Love.

Quebec Human Right Commission

360, Saint-Jacques Street, 2nd floor

Montréal, Québec

H2Y 1P5

Telephone: 514 873-5146

Toll free: 1 800 361-6477

Fax: 514 873-6032

Quebec Human Rights Commission

RE: Formal Complaint – Charter Rights and Freedoms - Violations

May 28, 2012

To whom it may concern,

I, David Edgar Love, hereby file this formal complaint against the City of Montreal and the Montreal Police department for the following violations under the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms.

(Excerpt from 39 page formal complaint draft: (to be submitted Monday morning):

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

Kiss - Calling Dr. Love - Houston, Texas 09/01/77 -Rare Video!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Intelligence Member

Will post this video with English sub titles for the brief French parts. Probably
    tomorrow some time:):):)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. jensting Member

Damn straight! Good show.

Best Regards

Jens
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Intelligence Member

With English sutitles at 3:21 and 5:12) (very funny), will be posted in about 5 minutes. (according to Youtube) :)

Published on May 28, 2012 by Intelligenceplus

(With French to English Subtitles at 3:21 and 5:12)

May 27, 2012 - David Love and Lone Ranger defy new Montreal mask law which bans the wearing of masks. Every person has fundamental freedoms, including freedom of conscience, freedom of religion, freedom of opinion, freedom of expression, freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of association. This Charter Right ensures the security for any individual under the Act whose life, safety and security is subjected to a real threat of danger, personal safety and freedom from the stated policies of the Church of Scientology violate. The city of Montreal has imposed their own version of law while violating other more important, intrinsic rights and freedoms protected under the Quebec Charter. A 39 page formal complaint, will be submitted to the Quebec Human Rights Commission Monday morning, May 28, 2012 by David Edgar Love.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

It’s very clear now to most that something new and mysterious and urgent is being born. It’s clear that people are finding their voices, their humanity, their common ground. We’re learning from one another.
  8. Awesome Video!!!

Montreal Anons - > 9000!

Montreal Clams - < 0

Bravo, Montreal! <3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Turboknight Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. GuyFox Member

And here's my own edit of the video.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

http://ccla.org/2012/05/16/ccla-to-montreal-city-councillors-dont-adopt-new-protest-bylaw/
    May 16th, 2012
    The Canadian Civil Liberties Association has written to the Mayor of Montreal, and to city councillors, to express its concerns regarding the City of Montreal’s proposed adoption of amendments to a bylaw that would make it illegal to wear a mask during a public demonstration, and that would require demonstrators to provide prior notification to police authorities of their meeting place and route.

CCLA’s concerns are centered around the fact that the proposed amendments would place unneccesary and unconsitutional restrictions on fundamental democratic rights. Furthermore, the amendments are worryingly vague and ill-defined. “The vague and broad provisions lend themselves directly to abuse through discretionary application, discriminatory enforcement against marginalized groups. The CCLA calls on the elected representatives for the City of Montreal to reject these proposed amendments and undertake a review of the existing Regulation for constitutional compliance,” wrote the Canadian Civil Liberties Association in its letter to the Mayor and city councillors.
    Montreal is a vibrant cultural and political centre, with many artistic, cultural and social performances, parades, marches and gatherings taking place on city streets. CCLA is worried about the potential implications of these amendments for freedom of speech, of association and peaceful assembly. “Such severe restrictions on liberty and expression are clear violations of the rights protected in the Quebec and Canadian Charters”, CCLA wrote.
    >> Read CCLA’s
  12. Intelligence Member

13. Intelligence Member

Human Rights Commission confirms they will evaluate complaint. I suspect an attempted
    "wiggle-out", as with previous submissions, so once again I have reserved additional
    documents to rebut any such attempt. Hopefully, will not be neccessary and matter will be resolved
    forthwith?

14. GuyFox Member

Bill 78 doesn't concern us that much... of course it would be nice to have it go away too, but our primary concern right now is that amendment to R.R.V.M., c. P-6 of May 19th 2012 (artlicle 3.2 if I recall correctly?? I might be mistaken here). This is the one we need to resolve ASAP.

CCLA is nice but their voice ws completely ignored. In addition to following that route, we should also follow the path the Police suggested - get a ticket, contest it and have it shot down. That will set a precedent for them to follow in the future (i.e. "this is justified and doesn't warrant a ticket under the bylaw in question").

This needs to be done ASAP so that we don't encounter the same shit next month...
  15. Intelligence Member

I do understand the want/need for "ASAP". However, we are entering into untested
    waters here and I tend to favour diplomacy over initiating hostility which may be
    containdicated for the time being?

I have kindly asked the Montreal Police for a meeting to resolve the matter forthwith. Also,
    the Human Rights Commission is now engaged and hopefully they will mediate a resolution
    ASAP?

The wheels of justice and bureaucracy tend to move slow is most cases -
    perhaps this is not "most cases" and a decision will be made soon.

I do NOT intend to "rush" into anything (as did the City when this bylaw was passed) - to do so,
    opens the door for costly mistakes:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Intelligence Member

In essence, the Montreal Mayor, Gerald Tremblay, has answered us with his own statement
    to the Media.

All who protest agains the COS are SP's - and subject to Fair Game. Even though "Fair Game"
    has been abolished by the COS, the treatment and handling of SP's remains in effect as per
    policy.

This "cause is just."

17. GuyFox Member

Hostility? Heavens, no.

I'm of firm belief that we can easily resolve it in a friendly and amicable manner. What I mean is that we should do our best to have it resolved by the time of the next raid. They even suggested a path we could take to have this resolved - why would that "initiate hostility" of any kind? :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. GuyFox Member

Fair Game as a practice was never abolished... just its public announcing under that term was.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. While American and not Canadian, this is always interesting to consider:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Intelligence Member

Sometimes it is NOT what it IS, but what others may interpret or view it as being.

The Montreal Polive have been incredibly curteous and accomodating to us - - even with our
    safety as a concern to them. I do not want to alienate them by them interrpreting anyone
    as "perhaps" entering into the hostile arena.

As we saw on Saturday, they do NOT want to issue a ticket. For the Police to have to appear in
    Court, is a costly endeavor; especially with the Court having to listen to me for hours or days
    in me presenting my case - LOL :)

Trust me (and God forbid this be the Route), but if I must defend a ticket in a court of law, this
    case could set a costly record for extended duration of opening statements, testimony, cross-examination,
    and my closing statement.

Patients is a virtue that my Irish Genes oppose many times, but this time I will be patient:):):)

• Like Like x 2
  21. Intelligence Member

LOL - I remember the Course Room Supervisor saying to me "David, stop being so
    hostile and antagonistic." I replied F.U., I not being antagonistic, I'm very pissed
    off and you can go F. Y_ _ RSELF!" But that was when I was younger and I have
    matured now - ROFLMAO :):):)

22. Intelligence Member

One of several emails to various entities today:

• Like Like x 1
  23. Intelligence Member

This ^^^^^ is another huge expense that the Government and Montreal Civil Court wants to avoid.

If I did fight a ticket in Montreal Civil Court, I would invoke my right to have all and every proceeding
    in English ONLY. All Courts in Quebec are in French unless someone invokes their right to English.

The Judge and other pertinent Reps, must convert the Court proceedings from French to English.

All evidence must be presented in English, including ALL Court documents being translated
    to English. The only exception, is any witness who can not speak English. I would then be
    provided an interpretor for that evidence only.

In one of the Labour Relations Hearings in Montreal that I was at, the NN ED was told to
    use English when speaking:)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Major Boyle Member

It is time to initiate operation Cold Gravy. Purely for the lulz.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Intelligence Member

LOL - it will be Cold Gravy tomorrow in front of the Montreal ORG - weather forcast is RAIN :-(

But I don't care:) - I'll be there with sign in hand.

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. GuyFox Member

Yikes, don't push yourself. One of the issues is that the anti-mask bylaw applies from 3 people minimum - you're not going to get that ticket that way... We'll need to plan something calmly at the treehouse.
  27. Intelligence Member

I'm going tomorrow for another issue - not to get a ticket :)

28. Anonymous Member

Hey Canada! Want to see the creepy CULT of Sciloontology on it's knees begging?

All you need is Love!
  29. Anonymous Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  30. Intelligence Member

UPDATE JUST IN:

There is a Court Case in Montreal tomorrow and this Friday to deal with Bill 78
    and hopefully they will address the Mask Law too? :)

31. Intelligence Member

Published on May 30, 2012 by Intelligenceplus
    May 30, 2012 - "Bugger Off And Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass" - Police were called to attend Mini Solo Raid at Montreal Church of Scientology ORG on the church side of the street. COS staff came out, told David Love to go away. Lots of fun talking to pedestrians.

• Winner Winner x 1
  32. Intelligence Member

Fox, I think the Montreal ORG will BEG the Police to allow masks again as long as it is across the street - LOL :)
  33. Intelligence Member

Published on May 31, 2012 by Intelligenceplus
    May 31, 2012 - Mini Raid at Montreal Scientology. David Love bull-baiting Scientologist into lengthy rant - wanting to be touched. Will return to Montreal scientology ORG Friday and Saturday with back-up and videographer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

I just watched this. The Clams are getting desperate. Lol. Are you stuck in an incident?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  35. Intelligence Member

Yes, they are VERY desperate and angry, so it's now time to take more security precaucions
    and be careful.

Desperation is upon them and they are PISSED right now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  36. Zak McKracken Member

thank you
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Zak McKracken Member

Thank you for protesting.

Thank you too, for protesting with backup and a videographer.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. GuyFox Member

David, you're hereby invited for a cold one, congrats on keeping your cool and showing just how fucked up they are.

However, an incident like this demands this asshat's face to be made public. We want to know who to watch out for.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  39. Intelligence Member

He's about 50-58 - - balding - about 5'-10&quot; - medium to averweight. VER similat to the Pizza Guy at me door,
    but not quite as heavy. He was Sooo close in my face, that his breath smelled like a clam that was crapped out the back end of a bird!!! Seriously GROSS.

2mrxgdz.jpg
    o53mdh.jpg

I sent you an email.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  40. Zak McKracken Member

Are you sure it was a bird?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1