Customize

[May 30, 2011] Anonymous vs Scientology Rally (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

Discussion in 'Planning' started by acro_bat_grandson, May 3, 2011.

1. Bring your signs! Your cameras! Your free, loud voices! Leave your violence, hate, and ego. We are here to free minds, not fuck dogs and pick noses.

Their organization encourages ignorance, obedience, and hierarchy. They are exempt from the taxation we all must begrudge as lowly "individuals". They lie and lie and lie. It is 2011, there are no time for these destructive, inqualizing games. Every person must be their best, and some really want to. Scientology will not help them, and so we must.

Meeting May 30th 2011 at the Yonge Street $cilon Factory. 12:00 noon.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. TorontosRoot Member

Haven't raided in the longest time. I did recon, 5 or 6 people were showing someone around and some books, so this will bring me back to ye old radist again. I honestly need to admit, I had butterflies in my stomach!
  3. PresidentShaw Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. TorontosRoot Member

bookmarking that.
  5. Anonkev Member

Ahhhhh, here is where it is, though I doubt I will be able to make it due to exam schedules, I wish you guys the best of luck :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Interesting link. People in so many places are motivated in this manner. Just "I'm mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore". The people are stirring, it certainly feels.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. PresidentShaw Member

8. Anon-V Member

Why on a Monday though? couldn't we get more people on a weekend?
    • Like Like x 2
  9. DeathHamster Member

And how is that renovation coming? It seems to have ran out of gas back in 2004.

IMG_0032.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Anonymous Member

The poster is really our leader Tommy Davis. It's easy to see why he's the leader--nobody can rally Anonymous like he can!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Durham_Anon1 Member

danke!!!!! there it is folks... what say you sciTroll?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Durham_Anon1 Member

LOL! looks like a crackhouse?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Durham_Anon1 Member

agreed, the day is approaching and I'm still waiting to see if I can get the day off....
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Intelligence Member

Is there a train station or greyhound bus station near the org. On my calendar:) , will confirm in a few days. Haven't been to Yonge st in 25 years or so; back when the "Vagabonds" were roaring around. Cheers.
  15. The bus station is at Bay and Dundas, which is probably a 15-20 min walk from the Org. Union station (rail) is a longer walk but you can get on the subway from there. The org is about midway between Wellesley and Yonge/Bloor stations.
  16. Intelligence Member

tx, I'll check fares tonight and see which is the best way.
  17. TorontosRoot Member

TTC fare is $3, case you plan to subway it over to the Org. Ex-TTC user knows his stuff and monitors the TTC still ;)
  18. Good to see Toronto back in action. Take some photos for us in the peanut gallery!
  19. OMFG!@@#$$#@!! WHY IS THAT FUCKING BUILDING TILTING TO THE SIDE?!?!!?! WTF MAN???? IT DRIVES ME INSANE EVERY TIME I SEE IT! ARRRGGGG RRRRRRAAAAGGGGGEEEE!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. NO! Don't like my post Auntie!
    just explain to me why the fuck that building does that before i claw my eyeballs out! <3
  21. Dragononymous Member

Cross is at the right = lies
    As everyone knows, lies are full of dirt which weighs alot.
    It's all natural.........
    It's Sinking!!!!!!!!
  22. but i need like a structural explanation for this.
    i do not why in the fucking life of me that pic irks me soo much
    but it does. i just hope its not so structurally unsound to the point were it will collapse while people are in there.
  23. DeathHamster Member

My camera hates that building.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Dragononymous Member

Fine...........................................
    Optical illusion as the photo ain't taken directly infront of the building in a 90 degree angle..
    Camera is also slightly tilted, notice the red building doing the same

So either, terrible picture and camera holder, or a Sinking Toronto because of Scilons, your choice..
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Dragononymous Member

Beaten by a death hamster..
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

Okay, if I must. It's a leaning tower of bullshit.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. woooooord!!!! hahahaha
  28. Anonymous Member

And the camera has the phenomenon of "lens distortion." There's an app for that.
  29. i hate it too, it's so uneven and leaning to the side. UGH!
  30. Anonymous Member

Dragononymous and I tried ignite the picture (with fire imagery) but the mods got upset with us, so we threw cold water on the project. Then we had a drink and felt way better, sort of.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. yeah... we gotta keep it civil upstairs, now downstairs is whole nother cup of worms.
  32. DeathHamster Member

This is what Scientology's Toronto picture looked like before they shooped it several times. (This is cropped and reduced from the original 1980s photo.)

tororg.jpg

This angle is the best to make it look all shiny and not warped. It looks like a dawn/dusk shot with a long exposure time. (Hence the blur people on the corner.)

Later, after the Brothers Restaurant closed, they changed the sky, buffed up the building, deleted the Brothers Restaurant in front and a building on the left and added two people in front of the org.

img005b_larger.jpg

Here's one of mine from slightly more side angle:

TorOrg2009-08-21-1.jpg
  33. Anonymous Member

This is even more tilted! You're gonna drive LastOneStanding Nuts!

P.S. Love the shot!
  34. Anonymous Member

I must say, the "upstairs" standards are...how you say in English? ....inspiring?
  35. DeathHamster Member

It's called perspective.
  36. yeah but those standards get torn to shreds downstairs hahaha
  37. omg Hammie!!! what the fuck is wrong with that building?!?! why does it photograph so weirdly?
  38. DeathHamster Member

Tonight, as usual, the top three floors of the org were blacked out. (Not counting the penthouse floor that's invisible from most angles.)

They had a rented truck out front and were loading a piece of equipment into it. I'm not sure what it was, a small printing press maybe? It must have been heavy since they needed 5-6 people and ropes to maneuver it into place. I was passing by, and couldn't stop to see the whole show. I'd have taken a photo, but I couldn't figure out how to get my phone NOT to use the flash. (Figured it out later. Annoying. The developers need to have a phone smashed into their faces to teach them a lesson.)
  39. Anonymous Member

Hey! Toronto Anons! When you guys hit the Protest Sidewalk on the 30th, I'll be thinking of you and I'm working on getting all the Vancouver Anons to do the same.

For what it's worth (not much) I was born in Toronto (Tranna).
  40. May 30 sounds like it is going to be a great day. Keep it up Toronto Anons. You'll do just fine.
    • Like Like x 1