Customize

Media: "Is Kirstie Alley's New Weight Loss Program a Scientology Scam?"

Discussion in 'Kirstie Alley' started by Belladonna, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Gottabrain Member

re: Media: "Is Kirstie Alley's New Weight Loss Program a Scientology Scam?"

Ridiculous, unsubstantiated, and contrary to all studies. Even worded incorrectly.

If anyone is curious, the religion with the best record for number of working professionals, lasting marriages, lack of drug use and all other aspects of a healthy religion is Judaism.

About as far from Scientology as you can get.

I'm not Jewish, BTW. But I do have a Bachelor's degree in Sociology.
  2. Triumph Member

Reminded me of another Larry King interview
    art.ahmadinejad.lk.cnn.jpg
  3. Anonymous Member

It appears that you can register on the site without having to pay, and although unpaid members cannot read blogs, you seem to be able to post blog entries which appear to go straight to the public feed for all members.

Interesting. :)
  4. Anonymous Member

Samefag here. I was talking about the OrganicLiaison site. You seem to be able to do quite a lot without having to confirm any email. (hint: Go to 'Account' right after signing up).
  5. Anonymous Member

me_2_bigger.jpg
    JimHazel "Chubby Buddy" of Kirstie Alley Big Life Fame (if you want to stick him with a harpoon or two-dosen't have many followers just 7 but Kirstie is one of them.
    james hazel (jimhazel) on Twitter
  6. Smurf Member

Re: Media: "Is Kirstie Alley's New Weight Loss Program a Scientology Scam?"

I was walking on Hollywood Blvd today. Some teenage girls at the corner of Hollywood & Highland were handing out cold bottles of water promoting Kirstie's show and yelling to the crowds to be sure to watch her show on Sunday.

Overkill on the marketing. Imprinted on the back of the bottle is "Do I look fat in this? (Drink up before you answer)." On the back of the label is a photo of the chunky moonbat.
  7. Anonymous Member

Our Daily Train | A blog by Jeremy Styron

Supplying thoughts on politics, religion, history, literature and other topics of interest

Celebrities and Scientology

Celebrities and Scientology

without comments

Kirstey Alley’s recent brouhaha with The Today Show about whether Alley’s new Organic Liaison diet program was a front for Scientology again makes me wonder how desperate some folks have to be desire something to fill a perceived spiritual void that they will believe some of the craziest nonsense ever invented (I highlight some of it here), and even donate money so they can become higher ranking members of the cult. Today, for instance, in writing story about the diet, noted that Alley donated $5 million to the organization about two years ago, giving her the Diamond Meritorious Award. Tom Cruise received the award in 2005 for donating $2 million. According to Wikipedia, among the ranks of other well-known celebrity Scientology members are: John Travolta, Juliette Lewis, Kirstie Alley, Catherine Bell, Nancy Cartwright, Beck, Jason Lee, Edgar Winter, Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Anne Archer, Lisa Marie Presley, and opera singer Julia Migenes.

As it turns out, money really does buy happiness and peace of mind, however strewn that path may be with sci-fi silliness. Here some other celebrities who have reported donated large sums to the church, along with their “awards:”

* Nancy Cartwright, 50, Patron Laureate Award: $10 million
    * Kirstie Alley, 57, Diamond Meritorious Award: $5 million
    * John Travolta, 53, Gold Meritorious Award: $1 million
    * Kelly Preston, 45, Gold Meritorious Award: $1 million
    * Priscilla Presley, 62, Patron Award: $50,000

Lay folks, as this New Yorker story reported about celebrity Scientologist, have to pay the piper for enlightenment as well:

An initial twelve-and-a-half-hour auditing session costs between six and seven hundred dollars, Greg LaClaire, a vice-president of Celebrity Centre, says. (Aspiring Scientologists can mitigate the expense by choosing to be audited by a fellow initiate rather than by a staff member.) In the Holiday 2007 Dianetics and Scientology catalogue, a deluxe Planetary Dissemination Edition E-Meter—billed as a “tool for Golden Age of Tech certainty,” to assist in “faster progress up The Bridge”—was offered, in “Diamond Blue,” for five thousand five hundred dollars.

Some, of course, have realized the falsities and possible abuses inside the church and have cried foul. This article relates some of their painful exoduses from the organization:

Raised as Scientologists, Christie King Collbran and her husband, Chris, were recruited as teenagers to work for the elite corps of staff members who keep the Church of Scientology running, known as the Sea Organization, or Sea Org.

They signed a contract for a billion years, in keeping with the church’s belief that Scientologists are immortal. They worked seven days a week, often on little sleep, for sporadic paychecks of $50 a week, at most.

But after 13 years and growing disillusionment, the Collbrans decided to leave the Sea Org, setting off on a journey they said required them to sign false confessions about their personal lives and their work, pay the church thousands of dollars for courses and counseling and accept the consequences as their parents, siblings and friends who are church members cut off all communication with them.

Thus, Scientology isn’t all that different than other religions in some regards: fantastical stories, claims that it produces inner peace and vanquishes internal and/or spiritual demons and driven by power and influence. Because it’s human nature, celebrities can’t necessarily be faulted so much for clambering after their spiritual selves in this way. But it’s crushingly obvious that they, and to a lesser extent regular Joes fooled into the believing in the cult, like the family above, are purchasing their faith, similar to how fraternity and sorority members purchase their friends, both amounting to a deplorable and disingenuous business.

Celebrities and Scientology at Our Daily Train | A blog by Jeremy Styron
  8. AnonKat Member

9. RightOn Member

Prizes
    - (1) Exercise mat + bag
    - (1) Pedometer
    - (1) Nail Polish
    - (1) Aluminum beverage bottle
    - (1) T-shirt
    - (1) Water bottle
    - (1) A&E store $10 Coupon
  10. Triumph Member

Kirstie Alleys Phitter Site

Elvis Presley (phitnesswithevis) group
    [IMG]

phitnesswithevis

Full name Elvis Presley

URL Elvis Presley (phitnesswithevis) group - Kirstie Alley's Phitter | A Fitness, Health, Diet & Weight Loss Talk Community

Note Elvis wants to share phitness stories with fans as he diets with Kristie and prepares for his return 8/16/2010

Elvis Presley (phitnesswithevis) group - Kirstie Alley's Phitter | A Fitness, Health, Diet & Weight Loss Talk Community

-----------------------------------------------------------

and some of you were skeptical about Organic Liaison being linked to Scientology!
    they are waiting for "Fat Elvis's"Return! at Phitter! he's bringing L Ron With Him

11. PodPeople Member

Tshirt sez: "Life. Lick It".
  12. RightOn Member

yeah I noticed that saying during her promo
    I still don't get it

I guess it's based on the idea of "licking" her weight problem?
    Guess they were trying to be "edgy"

I think it is gross being her logo.
    Just reminds me of her licking food. LITERALLY
  13. subgenius Member

btw Kirstie is a stupid name
    that is all
  14. Triumph Member

Chicago Examiner

Kirsties got her attack dogs out in full force.
    She must have he publicist worked to the bone.
  15. Triumph Member

16. Goosh Goosh Member

still no rule 34 ?
  17. Anonymous Member

Chicago Examiner
    Kirstie Alley denies Scientology link to diet company

TRUE FAX all part of Organic Liaison
    Organic Liaisons LLC (may have roughly 10% She could be telling the truth) not likely
    ORGANIC LIAISON MANAGEMENT, INC.(they didn't ask about this one)
    ORGANIC LIAISON LIFE INSURANCE SOLUTIONS, LLC (or this one)
    the second two could be up to their eyeballs in Scientologists
    create multiple business identities so you can hide your assets. its good dirty Scientology business practices. so you can lie your ass off.
  18. Lorelei Member

A&E's program "Biography" was on this morning and was all about kissing Kirstie's big fat ass. Most egregious was the not-so-subtle wording implying that her involvement with Scientology was a fantastic thing and is responsible for everything good in her life; catch it and you'll see what I mean.

Her career, summed up:

(While thin and not bad looking)
    * Appears as Vulcan, cries during Spock funeral. Vulcans aren't supposed to be emotional, but this was touted as an amazing acting choice that added pathos to the whole scene, rather than undercutting the whole "myth" around what Vulcans are supposed to behave like.
    * Some nothing roles with far more famous actors.
    * Marries Parker Stevenson.
    * Lucked into role on Cheers as neurotic, narcissistic woman with a sense of humour.
    * Co-starred with fellow cultist in a series of movies about talking babies.
    * Ted Danson bails on Cheers, Kirstie can't get work.

(Slightly Tubby)
    * Kirstie loses child, starts getting known for stuffing her face due to pregnancy-related weight gain. That kind of sucks, actually.
    * Two children are adopted to replace lost baby.
    * Parker Stevenson says adios; no mention of whether this is due to Scientology or differences of opinion about how to raise children or WHAT

(Thinner)
    * Dates man 13 years her junior who apparently has the maturity and mentality of a 12 year old; his behavior is played off as "charming spontaneity." It comes off as desperation of Kirstie's part about getting older.
    * Get Veronica's Closet show which tanks after three seasons. (I never watched it, did you?)

(Fat Again)
    * Starts eating her own weight in fried food and pastries, supposedly as a way to nuture children. Notably, adopted children are not obese. I get the impression that she isn't a bad mom, really.
    * Can't get hired.

(REALLY Fat)
    * Decides to capitalize on fatness, sends donuts to execs at ShowTime to get seven episodes of Fat Actress. Gets them. Clip shows her lolling around on the floor like a beached whale and whining about Jenny Craig.
    * Can't get more than 7 episodes. Unemployed again.

(Thinner)
    * Keeps promoting self as fatass for Jenny Craig, loses a chunk of weight (75 pounds).
    * Goes on Sci-lovin' Oprah's show to parade around in bikini

(Fatter Yet)
    * Regains weight and surpasses prior weight record by 30 pounds (making her more than 100 pounds over her goal weight).
    * Still box office poison and known loud-mouthed moonbat fatass who has repeatedly behaved less than elegantly in public

(Orca-sized)
    * Decides to revamp previous moderate success as a fat actress and gets Scilon pal at A&E (probably) to help her launch Big Life, a.k.a. The Wrath of Fat Actress
    * Floods A&E and internet with airbrushed photos of self eating and acting weird and gooning over attractive black men
    * Loses her mind when the ingredients of her diet crap and her employees are all revealed to have Scilon ties, tweets obscenities and uses logical fallacies in an attempt to defuse the bad press
    * Her Big Life "chubby buddy" is revealed to be a Scilon, which shocks no one at all; recent advert also reveals him to be rather dim or inarticulate (or both) and charmless

Though most of Bio dealt with talking about her "natural talent" and "comedic flair", the impression I got is that she got a few jobs with no experience other than being fairly attractive and able to squeeze out tears on cue, then, probably, via Sci connections.

While she was semi-cute and employed semi-regularly, and while still coasting on people's affection for her stint on Cheers and in Star Trek films, I am guessing that most people put up with whatever character deficiencies and lack of training as an actress she had.

Now that she's obese and old, with grandma hands and wattles, not even cult connections can get her decent gigs, so what choice does she have but to put on a nice wig and promote herself as a lardbutt? The diet plan looks to me like an attempt to have a retirement plan, because if she isn't a tard, she has to realize that Big Life is not her ticket back into the spotlight and level of fame she once enjoyed.

What I don't get is why she feels she has to go blonde (or wear a wig / get extensions) whenever she bulks up. What's wrong with her real hair? She used to have nice hair. Is it because her real hair colour is now grey instead of brunette?

Anyway, if you missed it, that pretty much covers "Biography" for you. It mentions Scientology is a good or neutral light (and somewhat often). I don't ordinarily wtch "Biography," but I am guessing that this is what its function is: a puff piece about one celeb or another, to be trotted out when said celeb has some project in the works that he or she needs to promote. It's like an infomercial for actors, minus the usual shouty bits where the slightly intersting infomercial pauses to harangue you into calling NOW and paying $19.99 in several installments to own some product.

With Kirstie, that bit comes along with watching Big Life, I am assuming, since we all know she is heavily pushing her ridiculously expensive (esp. for a recession) Scilon quackery diet.

ETA: Another thread on WWP reminded me of a tidbit from this: It apparently took Kirstie FIVE WHOLE DAYS to read "Dianetics." Just how slowly does she read? Did she pause to look up (in a dictionary) and/or make clay demos of each word in each chapter?
  19. Anonymous Member

too good to pass up:catagory GUILT BY ASSOCIATION!

you may remember Carlos Bertonatti on Kirstie Alleys Aquathon. singing and playing his guitar,well maybe not he sucks

Hes Doing some of the music for Kirstie Alleys New A&E Trainwreck Big Life.

this video is short..Its just here for reference I wouldn't watch it you'll damage your ear drums Kirsties singing. the video is 33 second long so if you do watch it you may survive.
    YouTube - Aquathon Carlos Bertonatti Sings On Kirstie Alley & Steve Wood's Telethon

Ah Kristie You have such interesting friends!

bertonattimug-thumb-300x375.jpg

Found this just in time for your New Show Kirstie

Carlos is also 1 of Jim "Chubby Buddy" Hazel's 7 twitter friends!
    Carlos Bertonatti (Bertonatti) on Twitter
  20. Goosh Goosh Member

fucking guido
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Triumph Member

23. Anonymous Member

00socash.jpg
  24. RightOn Member

Hey A&E you are being used for Scientology promo. Congratulations
  25. Anonymous Member

Jim Chubby Buddys Hazel's Tweets to Carlos "Killer"Bertonatti

# @Bertonatti hows the weather down there saw news said you guys were floatin away just about 10:07 AM Dec 19th, 2009 from Tweetie in reply to Bertonatti

# @Bertonatti Yfrog - i15 - Uploaded by bertonatti great costume you look like an isreali pimp 8:03 PM Nov 1st, 2009 from web in reply to Bertonatti

[IMG]
    Check my Halloween costume:)
  26. Triumph Member

What Nice Friends you have Kirstie!

Cops Say Carlos Bertonatti Refused to Believe He'd Killed A Cycl

Carlos Bertonatti's Blood Alcohol Content Was .122, Well Over Legal Limit
    By Tim Elfrink in Crime
    Tue., Feb. 9 2010 @ 11:01AM

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2010/02/carlos_bertonattis_blood_alcoh.php

Prison Bitch!
  27. mindraider Member

Gawd this shit is all over YouTube.
  28. Triumph Member

24 Hour Twitter Telethon @kirstie klley @_stevewoods

Aquathon 2009

[IMG]

http://www.justnews.com/news/22498979/detail.html#
    the good news He faces 67 years in prison.

Carlos Bertonatti Isn't the Only Member of His Family With Past Legal Troubles
    By Tim Elfrink in Crime
    Tue., Jan. 26 2010 @ 1:14PM

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2010/01/carlos_bertonatti_isnt_the_onl.php

Carlos Bertonatti Tossed Back Into the Slammer for Misleading Homeland Security: UPDATE
    By Tim Elfrink in Crime
    Mon., Feb. 8 2010 @ 11:46AM

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2010/02/carlos_bertonatti_tossed_back.php

Hit-and-run driver Carlos Bertonatti isn't the only troublemaker in his family
    http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2010-02-04/news/hit-and-run-driver-carlos-bertonatti-isn-t-the-only-troublemaker-in-his-family
  29. Lorelei Member

He reminds me of someone, I just can't figure out who.

tom-cruise.jpg

But seriously, stretch Cruise's face and the resemblance is uncanny, except their noses curve in opposite directions.

2qs9nhl.jpg
  30. Anonymous Member

he reminds me of someone too

vhddet.jpg
  31. Anonymous Member

Da Ladies Luv Jim "Chubby Buddy Hazel
    [IMG]
  32. Anonymous Member

33. Librarian62 Member

He needs a "Manzere" or possibly a "Bro"
  34. Lorelei Member

LOL, yes. Maybe I should have shooped him MOAR ORANJ and greasy to match Sh!t Was So Ca$h Guy.
  35. FreakE420 Member

KAthintofat.gif
  36. Anonymous Member

The whales show is about to start.
  37. Anonymous Member

she chews like a cow.
  38. Librarian62 Member

i don't have cable which in this case is a blessing, I might be tempted to watch it.

can't wait to see the overnights. i have a feeling the ratings won't be great even on her "big premiere" episode.
  39. Anonymous Member

this loser's song was used for the theme song!

40. Anonymous Member