Customize

MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by Kenji, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Kenji Member

MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

RAID:
    • Date: Saturday, 23rd January, 2010
      Time: 12.00 (Midday) - 6pm

Path:
      • (12.30 - 1.30): Flinders Street Station
      • (1.30 - 3.00): Bourke Street Mall
      • (3.00 - 4.00): State Library [if needed]
      • (4.00 - 5/6): Scientology Org

PRE-RAID:

• The pre-raid coffee will be taking place before the raid for those who are new to raiding and wish to talk to the organisers or other anons. Important information regarding what will take place at the raid will also be put forth.
      Any questions, suggestions, complaints, please put them forth to either myself, nex, stroyer or SirAnon at the pre-raid.

Time: 11.00 am

TOPIC / ETC:

• Topic: <currently undecided>
      Aim:
      • Gain as many signatures on the petitions as possible
      • Engage the public in discussion regarding the crimes of Scientology

Giving flyers to people who we've engaged in discussion with is more important than simply handing flyers to members of the public who just walk past. Please remember this.
      Not only will this help save us the money of printing masses of flyers which will be wasted by people who wont read it, but will also make sure those who do read it are people who are already interested and most likely willing to help us out in future.

---------------------------------------------------------
    HOME: Melbourne Anonymous
    FORUM: Melbourne Anonymous Forum
    CHAT: Melbourne Anonymous Chat
  2. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

Hopefully our first raid for 2010 will be super epic ;D
  3. Anonymous Member

Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

RocK on glorious bastads!
  4. Kenji Member

I have a feeling this raid will be more than just epic, if I might say so myself.
  5. nex Member

Ofc I'll be there.

/me gets the permit. While I'm at it, I'll get the permit for the 17th as well.

Efficient nex is efficient. ;D
  6. Zhent Member

You guys realise the IAS world tour (in Melbourne) is on the 30th?
  7. Kenji Member

We chose the date to allow for a decent amount of time between this raid and the next one, and have a decent amount of time between this one and the last one.

Keeps people from being too overworked with raiding... one thing which has helped keep our numbers up.
  8. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

A mate and I are definitely coming but i reckon i could rake in another 10 guys to come.
  9. Zhent Member

I wasn't suggesting you move your major raid to the 30th, but consider doing a smaller raid then. (Sydney is lucky, our IAS event is in the middle of the month)

Its really worth getting out to the events, it is far more productive then regular protests. A shame Melbourne missed the NYE event (apparently).
  10. Kenji Member

OH HELL YES. DO IT. DO IT. WE WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.

We'll have to keep an eye out for more of the events they do... strangely, we don't really get word of them.. either that or there are very few (if any) in melbourne.

Will talk to the other organisers about having a small raid on the 30th. :3
    I'm sure they'd be up for it.

Thanks for the heads up :D
  11. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

I'll contact everyone i know... also i just pm'ed you kenji
  12. Potatodragon Member

I'll be there, my first raid. I'll come by Melb Central and introduce myself.

Cheers,
    Potato.
  13. Kenji Member

Potato: good to hear! looking forward to meeting you.
    Anonymous Gentleman: you sir, are awesome.
  14. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

I'll be at the pre-raid too. >.>
  15. Anonshades Member

I'm a friend of Anonymous Gentleman,
    How much are Guy fawks masks?

looking forward to the raid :)
  16. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

They are $21 at Bernard's Magic Store... whoever this is, why didn't you just text me?
  17. Anonshades Member

the FBI can track our text messages.............cbf?

#shades#:cool:
  18. Potatodragon Member

There is a 95% chance I won't be coming.
    Mother problems, sorry.
    Good luck with the raid!
  19. Kenji Member

Potatodragon; aw damn
    You should come to the miniraid on the 17th though.

:)
  20. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

Just tell your mom you're coming to the city with me... We're going for lunch or something.
  21. kenshiro Member

about the fliers, since everyones carrying bluetooth phones nowadays, anons should take the fliers along on their mobiles as both simple text files and photos so they can text or bluetooth for later review on home computers to those not interested in just a flier
    if just one melbournefag listens to this you will make this unable to attend anon happy to have contributed to tom cruise`s unhappyness in some small way
  22. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

That's actually a good idea. Like when you walk into a certain bluetooth zone (hoyts cinema's bluezone for example) you automatically get requests on your phone to get free offers via bluetooth... A similar method could be used here. A single anon (or select few) could spend the day on their phone/s sending these virtual fliers.

I think that is a very good idea.

Anonymous Gentleman
  23. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

Hey Dude,
    Thanks for the input better place to put this idea would be on the planing forums. This idea was put forth last year which I think was acted on. I will talk to some of the oldfags and see what happened most likely a Drama llama got loose and it just fell away anyway hope to see you at a raid soon
  24. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

I'd be happy to take on the role of 'Anon-bluetoother' at the next raid if you guys are happy with it...

Anonymous Gentleman
  25. Kenji Member

we'll be doing it again.
    yeah it was an idea that stroyer, me, and a few others put forth.

I have the name of the software for it, and will be creating a small GIF animation to bluetooth spam at raids.
    We were also planning on doing simple bluetooth raids. Where nothing really happens except us going on trains, etc, with our laptops with bluetooth on, running the program and automatically sending the files to every phone with bluetooth on which comes in range.

Gotta get a few people with laptops, and all that... then we can get this working. :)

Anonymous Gentleman: you'd need to have a laptop with bluetooth enabled to do it.. it's too time consuming and all to do it manually via your mobile.
  26. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

I have several laptops with bluetooth built in... well 2 but that's enough isn't it :p
  27. Kenji Member

haha. Bring one. BRING ONE. I'll pm you with the name of the software as soon as I remember it.
    Hell, bring TWO! The more the better :p

ALSO:
    Considering the recent events in Sydney, we should try to make this raid as big an enturbulation as we can.
    More intense, but still legal of course.
    Everyone should be on their A-Game, or better.

If we've been running at 90% lately, we need to run at 110%.

BRING ON THE CHRONIC ENTURBULATION!
  28. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

Oh i've been working all week to contribute towards this next raid... gathering tonnes of fliers to be printed, creating 'drop-cards', contacting everyone i know to come along and join the raid and so forth. Also am seeing if anyone will join me for a library raid in the next few days (i have a list of every scilon book in the state library).

I'm not one to brag, but i've been working close to 100% whenever i can for the last 2 weeks.

Anonymous Gentleman
  29. Kenji Member

Good work! :D

The more the merrier, I say! :3
    Looking forward to seeing you and your friends there!
  30. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

Oh about the program... is it compatible with linux or Mac OSX?
  31. AmandaT21 Member

I shall be attending. I've been a bit absent on the forums the last few weeks, shortly after christmas I managed to pack up my life and move myself into my bf's little bedroom (we have units being built but they arent done yet so for now I must live out of a suitcase but haha to OSA if they were trying to find me) and I've been trying to get accustomed to getting up at 6:30 to go to work instead of my normal lazy hour of 8. At any rate I look forward to this weekend!
  32. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

It is the eve of battle, Anons! Sleep well, for tomorrow shall...be...EPIC!
  33. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

Have fun at the raid, folks - I'll be thinking of you all from my son's birthday party.:D

Keep the cameras handy.:cool:
  34. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

Thanks Paul... Wish him happy birthday from us MelbAnons! :D

Anonymous Gentleman
  35. Zhent Member

Ask them about Mark Hanna loosing it, if you get the opportunity.
  36. AmandaT21 Member

I failed, forgot to set alarm and then got roped into babysitting. Sorry guys! Ill definitely try and make up for it next month. Can't wait to read the post game!
  37. Kenji Member

Zhent; oh I asked them. I asked an IAS member, and she threatened to do the same to me. :3
    This was caught on video, and will be up tonight.

Amanda; aww :( Well we missed you there. Post Game will be up soon.
  38. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

I was previously unaware of what happened with Mark Hanna and only knew what other Anons had told me... After having just watched the video, I am absolutely appalled at the behavior of Asyd. What they did was not only unprofessional but a disgrace to Anonymous in general.

Mark may have "sexually assaulted" an Anon (although it was hardly sexual assault, just a retaliation in bad taste) but that gave Asyd no right to start verbally abusing him and act in the manner that they did. Following him all the way to the police station and constantly swearing at him and referring to him as an asshole.

Not only did they do that, but they started arguing with the police officer. Be it all that they were legally right, it was a VERY stupid thing to do and could have jeopardized Anonymous' some-what of a good name with the Authorities.

To be honest, what the Sydney Anonymous members did, was no better than that of Mark Hanna. Very disappointed...

Anonymous Gentleman
  39. Anonymous Member

There's a thousand post thread around here somewhere just waiting for you. What's important is that your insight here is thoughtful and original. We are all glad you spoke before reading that thread and having all the pertinent data. Oh, yeah, SydAnons have already been dragged through the muck for this, but go right ahead and pile on. Your special feelings on this are what matters.

Thanks for protesting today though, that is cool of you. :cool: Stop being a fag.
  40. Re: MELBOURNE: 23rd January 2010

Excuse my ignorance... but were you agreeing or disagreeing with what I just said. Your reply was a little confusing and not sure if you're aware but sarcasm isn't easy to pick up over the net...

Anonymous Gentleman