Customize

Melbourne July 17th - Scilons told to STOP calling cops

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by AnonLikesPickles, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Melbourne July 17th - Scilons told to STOP calling cops

I wanted to wait for pictures to be posted on Facebook, flickr or whatever, before writing a post-game, but an incredibly hilarious thing happened to Scientology today, in no small part to us, the Anons of Melbourne.

As usual, we started the festivities on the steps of ye olde Flinders Street Station, playing music, handing out fliers, talking to the public and showing off our makeshift signs which said things such as "Scientology? In my city? FUUUUUUU- (that's bad)" and "Need $12,000 for Scientology courses" <--- hilarious photos were taken of Crazy Faze holding this sign, hopefully will be posted in the near future.
    As usual, we got a generally good public response - even some channers were happy to see us.
    A rather odd thing happened on the steps that bears mentioning however.
    Kenji had taken hold of the microphone and was getting ready to give a speech when a bunch of kids, no older than 13-14 judging from the sound of their pre-pubescent voices, started to pester Kenji, interrupting him before he could properly start by saying things like "Oi lemme speak into it." Eventually two anons marched up the stairs and told the kids to "GTFO" in a very calm but aggressive manner. The kids left.

Soon after however, a guy started complaining about the music, wanting it to be changed to something else. His complaints devolved into random swearing and the occasional threat of violence was hurled at any anons near him.
    So, the cops were called. Guy disappeared.
    Not sure about the explicit details of that little occurrence, only the anons involved would really know.

Afterwards, we moved on to Bourke Street mall. And guess what? Something absolutely unexpected happened! Mary, our resident OSA agent did NOT show up!
    Evidence that Scientology was finally starting to learn that Mary was useless when it came to spying on us perhaps? We'd like to think so. Or maybe she was just lazy, because we saw her lounging around in the Org later on.

Nothing much really happened at Bourke Street. Most of the group decided to sit down and talk, have a cigarette, eat, drink, etc. while warming themselves up as the air got colder with every passing minute.

Soon after we moved out, forgoing the State Library and marching towards the Org to the sound of AC/DC's It's a Long Way to the Top.
    We received another little surprise when we came to the Org: the Scilons had posted two badmouthed security guards at the door who virtually began verbally assaulting us as soon as we arrived. This was an epic trolling opportunity that some of us simply could not pass up, and so 4-5 anons stood at the front door, retorting wittily to the guards' insults of "Your hair is long, you're too poor to afford a haircut" and "How is the dole treating you?" and "You got a lighter? No? You're too poor to afford one, fucking freaks." They also used racism to somewhat verbally abuse Kenji by saying things like "Wut? Me no speeky English!" whenever he tried to talk to them.
    We got the two guards in the back of a photo, despite their attempts to get out of the shot.
    I actually found it quite funny - and saddening - to see the guards use the same insults over and over again, as though they were having an effect.
    Angry-chan delivered one memorable comeback: "At least we don't lose fights to lawnmowers."
    Security guard immediately attempted to belittle Angry-chan about his hairstyle and how he was "too poor" to alter it.
    Also, as members of the public walked by, and there were a lot of them today, we handed them fliers, and the guards said to those who took them "You'd best throw that shit on the ground," and "Fucking moron," and "I wouldn't pass up free toilet paper either, even if it is given out by scum."
    I also noticed one guard would get a pained expression whenever he saw a member of the public take a flier. I began to feel sorry for these two; the cult had really done a number on them, completely brainwashed them. At this point I should clarify that we didn't really know if these two guards belonged to Scientology or were employed from a private security firm, but I had my suspicions that they were Scilons due to typical bullbaiting techniques bar getting in anyone's faces.

After about an hour, the police were called, as was the usual thing to happen when Anonymous popped in to say hi.
    The police spent a large amount of time in the Org, during which the two guards were telling us how we were going to be made to leave and that we were probably going to get fined.
    How wrong they were.
    As soon as the cops came out through the front door, they asked who was holding the permit. I directed them to Kenji.
    I spent a few more minutes with an Anon and the guards, who felt that they had earnt some gloating and proceeded to ask me to remove my mask and tell me that I was a useless sack of flesh. I didn't respond.

The police were having a lengthy chat with Kenji, and curiosity got the better of me and I went over to see what was going on.

Now, I didn't hear the conversation, but SirAnon told me the gist of it was the police had asked Scientology to stop calling them because a different officer would always be required to come out here, and they had all had enough of being called on peaceful protesters.
    Also of note, the police said Scientology was a business. Doesn't sound like much, but it just goes to show that the public is waking up to the truth of Scientology.
    Soon after, the Scilons blocked up their backdoor with black-plastic-cover-tech, restricting Scilons to using the front door, leaving them open for very direct questions on numerous things, such as Lisa McPherson and the Jan Eastgate scandal.

The guards, either pissed off or ordered, began a renewed verbal assault on us. Syph got very angry at them - he'd suffered verbal abuse at the guards' hands on earlier mini-raids - and was taken for a calming walk away from them by SpikeAnon while Kenji argued profusely with the guards, effectively angering them enough to ragequit and storm inside the Org and pull the curtains closed.

They came back though. But were soon rendered angry again and they disappeared back inside the Org and I never saw them again.
    It was after this some of us discussed the raid - how well it was organised, how we could improve, who would be writing the post-game (obviously I was selected), etc.
    We all dispensed hugs to each other before leaving.

Overall, was quite the odd, but no less interesting, raid. Looking forward to seeing the pictures, some of them were taken in lulzy situations.
  2. BLiP Member

Re: Melbourne July 17th - Scilons told to STOP calling cops

Good write up - interesting developments - kudos for keeping your cools in face of abuse - looking forward to the visual aids. Thanks.
  3. DanFTF Member

Cool story bro, I read the whole thing. Awaiting pics.
  4. Anonymous Member

Super cool!
  5. Anonymous Member

Well done gentlemen.
  6. RightOn Member

thanks for taking the time to post. Looking forward to the pics and such.
    A very big plus if the cops told COS to stop calling them.
    I wish fines were issued for calling them for nothing.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

IT'S ABOUT DANG TIME
  8. Anonymous Member

Lol win for having the cops tell them to stop calling!

They sure picked the wrong /b/ to troll!
  9. Zhent Member

Whoa, your security sounded fucked! The 2 guys we had didn't say a word, wouldn't talk to us, and just stood there like statues.
  10. Anonymous Member

That sounds like rentacops "doing their jobby"
    vs "a couple of rpf washouts trying to make amends by shattering their suppressors"
  11. Anonymous Member

Weren't you just over in the sparrow thread bitching about a cop the blew off AnonSparrow?

Hypocrites.
  12. Sponge Member

Because the situations are COMPLETEY different. There is no crime or even perceived crime here.
  13. Anonymous Member

I know you think it's the same thing, but it's not. Thanks for chiming in. Your thoughts are appreciated but not accurate or logical.
  14. RightOn Member

yep that was me.
    As you say "Bitching about a cop the blew off AnonSparrow"

Only problem is one of these things is not like the other.
    Meaning the two situations are completely different.
    If you don't understand. Let me explain.
    Something actually happened in DC.... and a cop was called.
    Nothing happened in AU and a cop was called.
    Understand the difference? huuuuuuuh?

Call me what you want......
    whatever floats yer boat sweety :)
  15. thefatman Member

Can you get the Melbourne cops to talk to our cops, we can get some right fucking dicks.
  16. Bipolart Member

Great job controlling your tempers, and creating some enturbulation that seriously screwed with their heads. Looking forward to pics. Win.
  17. Anonymous Member

Nothing happened in either situation. It's the same thing. The only reason you can't see that is because you are so blinded by your rage. You're no better than they are you know.
  18. Anonymous Member

Surely hired security wouldn't have had the emotional investment to act so strangely. Staff moaning about the affordability of haircuts sounds a lot like psychological projection. I've heard that their cult offers some sort of a stress or personality test which is supposed to be able to help out with problems like that.
  19. Re: Melbourne July 17th - Scilons told to STOP calling cops

This is great. Maybe a float for next time.

Thanks for the write up. Im glad the cops finally told them to STFU.
  20. Anonymous Member

No U!
  21. Anonymous Member

22. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  23. Kenji Member

KABLAM:
    here are some photos:

By Myself (less photos than usual this month since I was doing ALOT of speaking - to the point my throat hurts today):
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Many people ahead of me, and many people behind me.... so, this was just a close angle shot of those who were walking...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

there will be video uploaded soon too. :D
    gotta convert and upload to youtube

also the guy with the video camera you see up there should be uploading his stuff soon too :D
  24. Kenji Member

SOME MORE PHOTOS:

By AnonOfCameras:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  25. RightOn Member

lovely pics!!
    looking forward to the vid
    mask is tres cool
  26. Kenji Member

the security people kept insulting us the entire time
    calling us "Freaks" and saying we're "ugly" and to keep our masks on because of that. one of them called me a "fucking cunt" and continued to say we should "Get jobs"

here was one funny situation after he had tried to bullbait us and tried to get one of us to enter the building so he could hold us for trespassing

Anon Leaves from raid
    Security yells: "GET A JOB"
    Anon yells back "Go back to school"
    I pipe up to the security guy "Yeah you probably dropped out at 16, right?"
    Security "you look like you know nothing"
    Me "I know you don't need much education to be a security guard... just standing there"
    I then snap a photo of him. he doesn't do anything, which is good,
    I get ready to take a second photo and he snaps and yells at me
    Security "THATS IT, YOU DONT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO TAKE MY PHOTO, IM CALLING THE COPS"
    Me "Public place, I don't need it"
    Security runs inside
    Me "looking forward to seeing you lose your job"

30 minutes later,
    no police,
    security still inside.

you see, i wouldn't have done this if he hadn't been insulting us, calling us cunts, freaks, and telling us to get jobs.
    (ALOT OF US HAVE JOBS, DANGIT)
  27. Kenji Member

having trouble getting the videos working right
    and having trouble getting youtube to work properly too.. internet is all shitty.
    but here's ONE of the ones i took and so far the only one able to be uploaded -.-

*needs a new handycam*
  28. TinyDancer Member

Melbourne is WIN!

Seriously, nice work guys. And great shots.
  29. Sponge Member

"Welcome to The Melbourne Church of Scientology, we are your greeters, Hurrr and Durrr..."

[IMG]
  30. Kenji Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh_LPtf-0W0]YouTube - Scientologist Hides Behind Hired Thugs (Guards)[/ame]
  31. Crazyfaze Member

Nice Story Pickles ;P, Remember the Bodyguards :rolleyes:.
    29q0g76.jpg
  32. Zak McKracken Member

WTH?

He really expected you to chase him inside the building?
    Were you covered in pubes or something?
  33. Crazyfaze Member

Acually, He told me several times to walk in there and punch him, i said no, not only cause it was against the law to punch him, but scientology dont want me in there :p, So the security guard goes ahead and calls me a chicken, so i respond "Did you call a bunch of grade 4's for an insult, cause that one just failed" ;P.
  34. Anonymous Member

in germany,too
    the cops get piss by the sci
  35. Zak McKracken Member

Add that to your list of crimes:
    * Refusal to comply with reasonable requests from security personnel, to punch them in the face

You guys are so horrible.
  36. aoichan Member

Actually, I made a habit of calling one of the rent-a-cops "Starsky" and the other one "Hutch." I've seen hired muscle before. These pricks weren't even sub par hired muscle. These guys were sub par dumb muscle.
  37. Re: Melbourne July 17th - Scilons told to STOP calling cops

i sometimes think that its not a good idea for me to be around because i get very angry very quickly.....
  38. Re: Melbourne July 17th - Scilons told to STOP calling cops

Anger is a part of being human ;p nothing wrong with a little raeg
  39. Anonymous Member

As a Kiwi, I know it's treason to say this, but cute aussie boys with cute aussie accents crazy talking 'bout the cult... <hhhmnnn> ;-p
  40. Anonymous Member

fyi,
    the mostest kawaii aussies I've met have all been nz imports