Customize

Melbourne: October 17th

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific' started by Kenji, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Kenji Member

Melbourne: October 17th

This is the official thread for the next Melbanon raid.
    Another member (Seanicles) had an idea of raiding in October, unaware that we were already planning on it. Thank you btw, Seanicles :)

Here is the old thread..

Now, for the official thread.

After an epic raid last September, where we out did ourselves and our expectations, and pushed past expectations of us by others, and did a great job of recruiting to the cause, we are going to hit back harder, and hope to get even more people this time.

WE HAD 45 PEOPLE IN SEPTEMBER
    WE HOPE FOR 50+ PEOPLE THIS TIME
    Do not disappoint us melbourne!

Date: 17th of October 2009
    Time: 12.00pm - 5.00pm
    Theme: Idea is Zombify (for a few reasons as I shall state later), however, some people think a dress up theme may not be a good idea...

THE RAID
    • 12:00pm Set up at Flinders St Station
    • Officially starts at roughly 12.30 (to give people time to arrive)
    • Step off at around 1:00pm
    • Bourke St Mall
    • State Library
    • Org (Crn Russell St & Flinders Ln)

PRE-RAID COFFEE

• 11 outside Krispy Kreme at Melbourne Central. (YES, MELBOURNE CENTRAL)
    • 11.30 move upstairs to meetoo

Discussion:
    Ok, the idea of zombifying for the raid is to show a few things. a "why are they dead" thing, and a "Scientology technically brainwashes people into walking zombies"

People on Melbourne Anonymous Forum have stated that it's not a good idea to zombify as people might just come to dress up, and ignore any other thing.. and just act like douches instead of actually raiding..

Also, it may scare people.. the zombie shuffle, while it did get good publicity and good public attention, actually scared off quite a few people. People were like "ugh, stay away"

Please, remember:

• BRING FRIENDS
    • BRING FLYERS
    • Bring a mask of SOME FORM.
    • Get to know the material. Guide to raiding will be up soon on Melbourne Anonymous
    • Stay behaved
    • NO VIOLENCE - It will not be tollerated.
    • IGNORE Scientologists who will be taking photos of you, we always have one following us, an old lady, grey hair, with a walking stick and large hand bag. Please ignore her. If you are uncomfortable, please talk to me, SirAnon, Stroyer, or Rummy (you'll know who is who at the raid), and we will contact the police about it.

I look forward to seeing you guys in October! :>
    Let's get to work.

GET READY FOR MELBOURNE ANONYMOUS' ROCKTOBERFEST \m/

Melbanon Forum Planning Thread: Melbourne Anonymous - Raid Planning (Official Thread)
    IRC Channel for Planning and Discussion: Melbourne Anonymous Chatroom
    Official Melbanon Site: Melbourne Anonymous
  2. Re: Melbourne: October 17th

I'll be there. None of my friends wanna come though - they're scared of being fair gamed by Scientology. :p
    I told them that if they covered their faces that the chance of that happening was very slim, but they decided to play it safe.
  3. Kenji Member

Re: Melbourne: October 17th

In Melbourne they don't tend to fair game people. I mean, they do get annoying and follow you around and photograph you while protesting... but that's more an intimidation tactic... which fails most of the time.

I guess thats why Fair Game is one of the things Melbanon doesn't need to focus on as much.

Let your friends know they're safe enough coming. :)
  4. Re: Melbourne: October 17th

I'll see who can come, but I won't hold my breath. :p 12:30 is about the time they wake up, lazy people.
  5. Kenji Member

Tell me about it, I usually wake up at 12.30, but for raid days, I make sure to get up at like 8 :p
  6. Re: Melbourne: October 17th

I'd have to be getting up at something like 6 or 7, since I'd have to walk to a train station and spend a while on said train getting to Melbourne. ;P
  7. Kenji Member

On the site we have a dump of fliers.
    Please remember to bring lots of fliers,
    read up on as much as you can to do with the CoS incase people try to talk to you!

:D
  8. eTHEEF Member

Sorry about last time, i will definitely be putting in as much effort as i can to get to this one.
    I hear from friends that September went quite well and i hope october goes the same way :)
  9. Kenji Member

That would be great! :D
    Yea, the raid went brilliantly in September, we got alot of people. We're hoping to get 50 people or so coming this time :D!!! But we need a lot of work done when it comes to advertising *hint hint*
    everyone, tell your friends! post on 4chan, auschan, irc, msn nicknames, whatever. ;D

Hrm. How else could we get more numbers? >_>
  10. Kenji Member

Also all of you guys, remember to check out the irc channel we have set up. :>
    It's a good way to keep in contact with the regulars :)
  11. Re: Melbourne: October 17th

We could always drop flyers in people's letterboxes. <_<
  12. Kenji Member

Haha! You 'could' but you'd be wasting your time...

OH!
    If any of you people go to university, or schools, or whatever. POSTERBOMB them.
    I'm still trying to find out about getting permission to poster in the city.. but im unsure how to get permission.. hrmm.. the poster boards in the city I'm sure would be fine, however. :):)

It worked in the early days of raiding against scientology.

I mean, sure, I'd do it.. but... there's reasons why I can't at my university.
  13. Doctor Taz Member

Yeah, me and a few friends are planning a mass poster-ing of my school. We just need to get some good masks to cover our whole faces (we know a few of the teacher's a bit too well).

Which reminds me, what's the cheapest and easiest way to get a Fawkes mask in Aus?

Also, how many flyers -should- one bring? Might need a new printer cartridge :p ...
  14. JohnnyRUClear Member

Why don't you guys just shuffle around all zombied up, veeerrrrrry slowly handing out copies of TWTH and somberly inviting people to come into the org?
  15. enarkay Member

Okay, I might just be able to make it, marking it down on my calendar.
    Last time was awesome!
    And I am so proud to say (anonymously) :p that I suggested zombies.
    (hope that doesn't get much hater comments)
    I loved the epic hugz dude last time. it was funny as.
    Erm.
    Oh, of the twenty arranged, only six showed, one leaving. (september)
    And they were all girls :(
    But anyway I shall bring more, if not equal, next time... a few mates did randomly hang around, i didn't even know they were in the city though.
    :)
    Enarkay
  16. Re: Melbourne: October 17th

Posterbombing a school... sounds fun. I'll just have to make some, then sneak out at night and place said posters around my former high school.
    But then again, maybe doing that school would be a bad idea... it's full of a lot of douches, even moreso since I was there. >.<
  17. Kenji Member

That's the risk we take by getting the general public involved.

We run the risk of douches, but we can get them to leave if they cause problems.
    You have to weigh up the options, and its worth risking having bad people try to attend, to get the few serious, good people we get involved. :)
  18. Re: Melbourne: October 17th

Those assholes from Auschan sound like they're organising against us again, although that guy didn't show up last time.
  19. Kenji Member

20. Kenji Member

Hahaha. I know who to look out for. The guy who planned to egg us actually introduced himself to me at the raid. How stupid. :>
  21. Re: Melbourne: October 17th

Hahaha. Really? What was he wearing? I might have seen him.
  22. Kenji Member

Maybe it wasn't them.. but anyway. I know they mentioned having read it, and said they were "That_Guy" from Auschan. a nickname which was used by the guy who was saying they'd join in on the egging of the protest last month, or.. something.
    anyway. it never happened, and i doubt it'll happen now.

I talked to the guy, he came on the irc last night. Seems like a nice enough guy, just seemed like he wanted to troll a bit.. oh well.

Anyway. Seems the September raid has given hope and inspiration to the other Ausanon groups. Sydney seems to be wanting to outdo us, (if its simply jealousy, hey, thats still great.. means they'll do better, which in the end is better for anon)

MELBOURNE! We must out do sydney, if they try to out do us, we'll try to outdo them...
    [now, imagine how that'll go.. each month trying to out do the other... a bit of rivalry will help make numbers grow stronger and make the raids in each state grow more epic]
  23. destroyer Member

What about badges?

I know the idea has been discussed many times on IRC, but we have a couple of weeks til the raid, I can put in a few bucks to get some badges made up.

Kinda want to stay on topic here :p

Themed badges for every month?
  24. Kenji Member

Ah yes, the badges!
    I can make some, I just need to get um... $30 I think.. and I can make a hell of a lot of them.. like.. 100 - 200 or so.

I just need to figure out the size to print the images >_>

And some designs.

ALSO:

If anyone wants fliers printed, if you give me money I can print a whole bunch for 5c per page. :) If I do the half page fliers.. DOUBLE! And they're smaller so more awesome.. or 1/4th ones, so we get a fuckload for cheap! :D
  25. supafreak Member

I wish I could afford to come.
  26. Kenji Member

supafreak; afford to come? need money for a train ticket? or.. in another state?
  27. Scorpios Member

this will be my first raid nd i was wonderin where i could get a guy fawkes mask?
  28. El Diablo Member

Word on the street is that Melbourne anons are keeping Bernard's Magic Shop in business!

Conveniently located within walking distance of Flinders & Melbourne Central stations. :)
  29. Kenji Member

Yep! Bernard's Magic Shop.
    $25 supposedly ^_^
    Was more expensive last year when the raids started, has been lowered since. :>

Once more guys, remember to bring friends and spread the word about the raids! :D
  30. Doctor Taz Member

Hey, how many fliers should I print out?

I can probably print as many as I need within reason, just want an approx number.
  31. Kenji Member

About 200 or 300.
    Just incase.

The more you have, the better.. It's always best to have an excess than to have too few. :)

Fliers should be quick to read, have appropriate information on it, a link to either wwp.net, or melbanon.com, or something.
    And be eye catching. :)
  32. Kenji Member

Question:
    Should we alert the media to our raid this month?

I'm sure Channel31 would do it, they were there last time and interviewed us.
    But... should we alert The Age, The Herald Sun, other newspapers and maybe those crazy little shows like A Current Affair?

If we did, we'd need quite a few people alerting them, so they actually listen and do something.
    I think it'd be good for exposure and helping out our future raids, especially if we want to do a nation wide protest in November.
  33. Re: Melbourne: October 17th

I'm searching through my web history right now, to find the documents - I'd have remembered them all if I hadn't had like 20 tabs open, mostly on wiki and wookiepedia. ;P

Best bet would be to just google "Scientology says Anonymous' numbers are dwindling" or something of the like.
  34. Kenji Member

Thanks Pickles.
    When you find it, post it on the melbanon forums too :D

For anyone who hasn't replied yet; who is interested in going?
    If you're new, don't be afraid to ask questions. :)

Everyone is welcome to come, ask questions, have input, etc. :D

also, everyone who is coming, please let your friends and family or anyone who you know who might be interested in coming know about this!
    Also, please advertise around about this.

With a link to this thread also! :D

Anyone interested in going postering about the raid? Let me know, I'll get you some posters to print off and put up, as well as tell you some good places to go and do it. :>
  35. Re: Melbourne: October 17th

Still no luck with the link. >.< It could've been removed, as all I got from google was stuff such as "Scientology files restraining order against Anonymous" and "Scientology membership dramatically dropping everyday."

As for postering about the raid, I've been toying with the idea of poster-bombing my old high school, and have walked past it a couple of times, to check out good locations to put them so they'll get maximum views. So far, only the front and back entrances seem viable, as the school is locked up like a fortress after school hours (not just the classrooms and locker bays, but also the parts exposed to the outside world behind the school walls).
    Lots of people use those entrances anyway so it shouldn't make a difference.

TL;DR: Decided to posterbomb former highschool. Much win to be had.
  36. Kenji Member

;D!
    Put flyers in the lockers ;D
  37. Kenji Member

Mr. Pickles has been postering around! So hopefully we'll get even more people.

On Monday I'll be printing up posters to put up around my university.
    Anyone else who can poster, please do so, but remember only to put them in places where it would be ok. (ie. Poster boards in the city, etc.)
    Trainstations in the outer suburbs will also be ok.
  38. Re: Melbourne: October 17th

Postering my former highschool is complete ;D

Video should be up soon (not all of it as it went for at least 40 minutes).

Had a problem with my mask in that the inside gathered alot of condesation. Anyone know how to counteract this? Besides breathing less. =P
  39. Kenji Member

Haha, yea the masks do that. I'm not sure if there IS a way to stop the condensation... hrmm. *ponders the use of a small anti-moisture pad or something put into the mask*

hrmm.

Also, if you can upload a copy of the video to megaupload or something, send it to me via PM, I can get it edited, etc, so we can put it up on melbanon.com :):)
  40. Kenji Member

Also; various news outlets have been contacted regarding the raid.
    I've let them know we're willing to be interviewed, etc if they wish. :)