Customize

Michigan 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes Into Law

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by System, Dec 13, 2013.

1. System Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. This upsets me greatly.

System, you were a complete dickwad to me in the Silsbee cheerleader rape thread, and I don't think highly of you as a result. I want to make sure I'm clear on that before I say what I am going to say next.

Thanks for posting this.
  3. System Member

well im sorry for being a dickwad it's a bad habbit im trying to break badly it's already strained my relationship with my family so whatever i said that pissed you off sorry mate didnt mean it
  4. Anonymous Member

Fundies on the warpath again?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

How nice of them to fiddle with women's uteruses while the major cities of their state have are in a state resembling post WW2 Europe levels of devastation.

I
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

I still say if they are so against abortion, why don't they donate to child care. Maybe coming to new mothers' homes and pitch in.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

How have you determined that they don't?
  8. Anonymous Member

Pix or it didn't happen.
  9. Anonymous Member

With the notable exceptions of catholic charities and a few older protestant churches, most of them pretty much focus on such aid for families within their own church. Especially those big-box churches. Too bad if you're athiest or some other religion. Then, even if they'll help you out, you will take your assistance in a place where you and your child are going to be bombarded with their creed or you go without aid, child care, etc. This is the fallout of the shifting of social charity to churches, works great for religionists, not so great for freethinkers, athiests, agnostics and non-christians who would prefer to limit their children's exposure e as well as their own.

Secular child care should not just be for those who can afford it.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JohnnyRUClear Member

("Atheist". "Athiest" would be someone who is maximally "athy".)

So, the charitable efforts of some are not to your liking, but how do you know the people in Michigan who support this are within that portion of the population?

Perhaps I'm picking on your comment too much; you may have meant it more as exhortation than condemnation. If so, we could just drop this. :) It just smacked of baseless adverse assumption, IMO.
  11. Anonymous Member

Sorry, I suppose I am assuming Michigan is like other places in the midwest that I might actually have had some contact with social services back when. It is no condemnation, and I do not wish to fight. I just want to point out that many people do not wish to have religion intruding on their lives in any way. I'd rather not have the god botherers involved in reproduction period, but since they've decided to do so, perhaps an insistence on parents who desire to do so being able to keep children out of their hands in impressionable years might be a worthy goal. I know it's not anarchic but when day care, WIC, etc, programs are run by the government, at least they are secular. A lot of churches (and again I am not saying all, but some especially the fundie mega ones) outreach programs perform roughly the same recruitment function as cult front groups. People should not be faced with having to choose the aid of religious folk or no aid at all as religious aid often has strings attached.

/derail.

"Atheist" sorry for spelling it wrong, sir, I realized after posting, but had posted anon and couldn't correct it.
  12. Anonymous Member

PS::), Johnny. Enjoy your day. I'm having a good one so far.