Customize

Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilities

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by sock, Dec 5, 2010.

1. sock Member

Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilities

On this week's episode of "Fishing with Marty & Mike": Torture!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_1-Y0O8PNQ]YouTube - torture.MOD[/ame]
  2. Re: Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilit

Miscavige is the right man for the job, he is almost as psychotic as Hubbard himself
  3. Scatman Member

Re: Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilit

I do not see any evidence of psychosis in David Miscavige. I do see strong psychopathic and aggressive narcissistic traits in him.
  4. Anonymous Member

Re: Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilit

Like his mentor LRH, DM has no conscience.
  5. Anonymous Member

There was talk for a long time that LRH played with little David's pee pee when he was the Master's protege.

May explain why an 8th grade dropout who became Chairman of the Board for a global cult is so mentally fucked up.
  6. Anonymous Member

The wind and fishing are a little distracting but this video is worth watching.

Marty, I have not been a fan of yours, but I see what you tried to accomplish with this video, and I think it is well meant, but I also think it is more important to name the people doing these things (not just DM) than it is to name the victims. For example there were two people preventing someone from leaving in the water incident. Naming the victims can lead to more shame and denial of those victims, and can prevent them from wanting to confirm that they happened, like when Jon Sweeny asked Mike about being hit by DM. Naming the people involved in the abusing may be a wake up call, not only to that individual abuser, but also to those who know them. DM is not doing this alone, consider if you are being "reasonable" when not naming the other individuals, and just naming the victims.

I know that there are reasons that people are doing these things to other people, and that they will someday regret their actions, but it is up to their victims to forgive them, if they choose to someday down the road. The actions of the others should not be covered up, they like you, will need to take responsibility for their own actions someday, hopefully soon. - My 2 cents.
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

Interesting.
  8. Re: Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilit

I see both.
  9. Nancy Beazley Member

Rinder's not kidding. This is Lord of the Flies material.
  10. xenubarb Member

Haha...DM haz assmar! Trufax!
  11. Jeff Jacobsen Member

I notice a tendency to talk about the bad things that OTHER people did. I'm sorry, but I suspect that Marty and Mike could talk a long time about the things they themselves did as well. They were perpetrators. They kept the cult going and thriving. They were not just cogs in a wheel. They were part of the engine driving this cult. So this fishing series is "look at what those bad people did" without any mea culpa.
  12. Re: Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilit

That's why all they ever speak about is silly shit like what's in this video

If they had to speak about any of the really evil, they would have to discuss the sick ass twisted "operations" they personally carried out in the name of Hubbard's cult.

It's pretty disgusting the way they laugh about it, as if the victims are just pieces of meat to be used to troll Miscavige.

All they have to offer is gossip about witnessing Miscavige act as sadistic as Hubbard, and a "boatload" of excuses as to why they did absolutely nothing to try to stop it.
  13. Anonymous Member

What do you call two guys fishin', naming names of Victims, not the Perps, of crimes, abuse and torture, recording their little chat, and Not taking it to the FBI?

BiPolers
  14. Re: Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilit

well considering they are laughing about watching people get tortured and not only doing nothing to stop it, but feeling absolutely no sense of guilt or remorse

I call them model Scientologists ... programmed psychopaths just as Hubbard intended them to be.
  15. Re: Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilit

One good thing is all this will help keep the OSA focused on trying to handle M & M and that means they have fewer resources to use against us.
  16. Re: Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilit

I know it has been said a million times before but FFS go and tell the authorities you clowns.

Here you have eyewitness accounts of quite serious assaults that are likely within statute of limitations for prosecution. Dont tell us. Tell the authorities.
  17. OTBT Member

For once, Rinder does most of the blathering, instead of Marty.

Neither of them seem to show any sense of remorse for their own actions while in scientology.
  18. Anonymous Member

[IMG] rathburn.jpg LOL. I like torture.

BRB, waterboard and fishing with ma nigga.
  19. grebe Member

Who cares about the personalities. Let's grab the info. Here are my notes (no time for a transcription):

In this video Rinder recounts events from 2006, apparently at the International Base RPF.

Rinder asks us to imagine a 100 people who must stay locked in a building until they've figured out everyone's out ethics. Naturally people will believe the way out is to prove greater loyalty to Miscavige than everyone else. Consequently people become progressively more fanatical and cruel to anyone seen as less loyal.

Examples of the sadistic behavior:

1. Debbie and Janet Light, president of IASA were both made to stand in a trash can wearing a sign, "I am a criminal."

2. Some were made to crawl on hands and knees until their skin bled and they developed chronic wounds that wouldn't heal and finally left scars.

3. In 2006 Golden Boy Russ Bellam president of CST arrived and only a handful who were aware of CST issues were allowed to speak to him, including Angie Blankenship, Kurt Weiland, and Mike Rinder. Russ acted like "king tough guy," putting about 20 CST staff in the RPF. Rathbun recalls in Feb 2004 Russ seemed like a nice guy. He asked, "can't we all just get along?"

Rinder explained that after other Scientology leaders were purged, Russ then became the last remaining threat to Miscavige and so had to be handled. CST legally could strip away RST's right to use Scientology trademarks and copyrighted material.

Russ came with remaining CST staff including 4-5 people from Mile High Inc near Lake Arrowhead in CA, 2 from New Mexico, and 2 from Tramontina (don't know what that is). He had Kurt Weiland sit in a chair with 2 people standing over him in an over-air conditioned room. Then he dripped water on Kurt's head for 30 minutes until he was soaked and became hypothermic. He also hit one of his own staff with a fly swatter repeatedly. After 15 min this caused welts. Victim was Tom (Warren?) or Bruce (Bolstead?).

"It was like Lord of the Flies."

"Red Wigglers...The Cadillac of worms."

If ANYONE knows that reference, a gazillion internets!

(Hint: it's from a late 70's sitcom.)
  21. Anonymous Member

WKRP in Cincinnati
  22. Anonymous Member

Thank you. At least someone cares about the information.
  23. Cheappassion Member

I fucking love you
  24. Re: Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilit

This is the infamous "SP" hall they are speaking of???

If anyone knows, was Aron Mason, former media spokesman, one of the hundred or so inmates??
  25. Anonymous Member

Remember, when Obstruction of Justice occurs, statutes of limitations often fly out the window.

What I'm wondering, and maybe Tikk can add his input here, is simply this: There are now so many reports, some here, many on Mahty's blog, and even more on ESMB from those "recently" out, that detail crimes, abuse, torture, extensive and rampant financial frauds, why does it have to be M&M to go to the authorities?

Isn't there enough evidence for authorities to raid and or initiate investigations, subpoena those making the reports or "comments"?

The financial crimes and fraud all by itself has become a worldwide feast of fanatic feeding. There is a thread, among many others, on ESMB from fairly recently out "Blown in ANZO" about IAS regging RPF'rs. Everytime you think it can't get worst, a new low in sick (and criminal) And other commentors add more in that thread.
    IAS reg the RPFers in ANZO! - Ex Scientologist Message Board
  26. JustMissedMe Member

Trementina Base is the place in New Mexico where the CoS stores all the titanium buckets full of LRH's weirdo ravings. The one marked with the 'ALL THE CRAZY CRAP IS HERE' symbols designed to be seen from overhead for when the Scientologists of the Fuuuuuuuture return to collect the Time Capsule of Stupid.
  27. grebe Member

Thanks for clarifying "Trementina Base," anon.

I wonder if Rinder meant "two from Trementina Base in New Mexico" or "two from New Mexico AND two from Trementina Base." If the latter, what other CST thing is in New Mexico?

Can anyone help with the spelling of the names mentioned?

I'm wondering who runs CST now and where it is located.
  28. ryangiggs Member

That's what I'm thinking.
    Why can't an anon (local to where these guys live?) inform the police of these videos/actions? Surely the cops would have to look at this stuff?
  29. Anonymous Member

cops? I was thinking more FBI, US Atty General's Office. Hell, there's stuff that violates Geneva Convention guidelines. What about the IRS?
  30. grebe Member

If the adult RPFers at the International Base WANT to stop the cruelties being done to them, they must make some effort to notify the police. Without that effort, they are effectively consenting to the abuse. They are as responsible for their situation as Miscavige.
  31. Anonymous Member

Amnesty International might take issue with you on this stance.
  32. grebe Member

Fine, IANAL.

But if we take all those people out of the RPF, where do we put them? And how do we prevent them from running right back inside the Int Base?

And after we've taken the RPFers, are we not obligated for the same reasons to round up the "alternative lifestyle" S&M crowd? You know, the people who consent to slavery and beatings with no safe words?
  33. Jeff Jacobsen Member

WKRP in Cincinnati!
  34. Re: Mike Rinder & Marty Rathbun talk about abusive punishments at Scientology facilit

Trementina, New Mexico - Google Maps
  35. timthephoto Member

36. Anonymous Member

JB had this to say

37. Anonymous Member

woh, sm crowd? not going there. Now, I understand authorities have always had a fine line problem with culties "agreement" of conditions. But when there's crimes, torture, hostage type conditions, threatening other family members, coercion, that's a whole different legal situation that has Nothing to do with whether or not a cult member "agrees" with it. If it's a crime, it's a crime and liable to the laws of that country.

As far as where do "we" put them, well, Int Base would be dismantled and it would be up to Scientology management to pay for their care after that, not anyone else. They would be responsible financially. I don't know if the courts would be the ones to oversee and monitor their progress afterwards.

Understand I know there's fat chance of this happening. I'm just stating what should happen. And started out saying, why wait for M&M to go to the authorities when there's now tons of reports.

I actually think the rampant financial crimes and fraud are the most likely inroads.
  38. Anonymous Member

The adults that want to return will be able to return. There will be some sort of social program for any that don't want to return if they don't have family to go to. Similarly to the people who where bussed off from the FLDS communes, and from Waco in Texas.

On the second paragraph "consent" is the key word.

But in the case of the FLDS the only reason the authorities could act was because someone called in and said that children where in immediate danger inside. That person was lying or at least just guessing and I think she went to jail or at least had to go to court. In Waco the reason the government acted was under the belief that they planned to go on some kind of shooting spree or something. (details escape me at the moment.)

Look at it this way, If I went to the cops and said you often smoke pot on the couch in your living room friday nights, that is not enough to get a court order to be able to get you to open your door for the cops on any random friday night. But if a cop (outside of california) smells pot coming from your house, in some states that might be probable cause for them to enter. Likewise if someone calls from inside and says, they are torturing Fred in room 888 right now. the cops could bust in. (I think that is how it goes)
  39. grebe Member

You must be Judge Judy if you can order Scientology to take itself apart and to "care for" a bunch of able-bodied adults.

Bigot.
  40. Anonymous Member

How did you know I was Judge Judy?