Customize

Mirror.co.uk reporting on possible lack of medication

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by FromTheMountain, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Mirror.co.uk reporting on possible lack of medication

Riddle of John Travolta's son - could he have been saved? - mirror.co.uk

2. subgenius Member

Re: Mirror.co.uk reporting on possible lack of medication

More importantly was lack of medication for the seizures. A seizure is what lead to his death.
  3. Re: Mirror.co.uk reporting on possible lack of medication

Yeah, yeah, very good. Moar to the point is can we use The Mirror to our advantage without getting laughed off the street?
  4. Re: Mirror.co.uk reporting on possible lack of medication

Very good question. I'm hoping someone more reputable will pick this up.
  5. Re: Mirror.co.uk reporting on possible lack of medication

All the same, someone shoud pick up a few copies and have the headline blown up just in case. Tabloids have a way of making people react, no harm in a bit of that.
  6. basil Member

It is one of t larger circulation daily UK newspapers. Or is the fact it's a "tabloid" putting you off?
  7. Badiedum Member

Fixed until autopsy report comes in.
  8. Re: Mirror.co.uk reporting on possible lack of medication

I believe he made a spelling error, from what I recall it is Tim Kenny...???

or is this another person? (Tim Kenny?? committed suicide not too long ago he was the restaurateur with an autistic child who confronted Travolta about not treating Jett's autism.)
  9. TheBitch Member

1) Not everybody lives in the UK and knows the difference between the Financial Times and the Mirror;
    2) Not everybody who works for the Mirror is a scholck / hack who has forgotten why they became a journo in the first place; and,
    3) STFU

Comments are pointing out what I was going to...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/01/04/john-travoltas-son-meds-ultimately-did-harm/2#c16401238

10. Oswald2001 Member

11. Mutante Member

12. Snake Member

And now the media starts asking about Scientology's hatred of meds.

[IMG]
  13. Oswald2001 Member

Yeah.

His site gets 10 MILLION hits a day.

And he is no friend of the $cilons.
  14. Mutante Member

[IMG]
  15. TheBitch Member

It's grate to see the $cilon posse out in farce trying to control spin in the comments section. They're pretty fucking repetitively obvious; a CHILD DIED; HAVE PITY; HATERS!!!

... and then there's the pharmacists and the neurologists talking about kids with seizures they've treated successfully who are wondering just WTF is going on in $cilontololligy land and being very VOCAL about it.
  16. Relyt Member

That article is so full of shit. There's no way autism could have been linked to his death/seizure. And autism isn't often treated with medication. If you are told otherwise, you are probably talking to a scammer.
  17. Mutante Member

Incorrect. Autism is often associated with epilepsy.
  18. SpasticGum Member

It's common for one with autism to have seizures, please lurk moar.

God, the comments page is full of shit, "STOP WITH YOUR CONSPIRACY THEORIES BAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!"
  19. TheBitch Member

And you bawwww about us being tinfoily? Heh. We save the real tinfoil for "other places" that neez livening up, don'tcha know?

^ OSA or Christian Fundamentalist AngryMethAddict?
  20. Mutante Member

Like there's any practical difference?
  21. Oswald2001 Member

I saw that immediately. So apparent. So blatant.

I LOL'd.

I'm sure there is a OSA basement boiler room operation going on 24 hours a day just to 'handle' different threads about the suspicious and possibly unnecessary death of a young kid.
  22. eddieVroom Member

Yeah, I think I cracked a "handler" on this one:

John Travolta's son dies on family vacation - 1/03/09 - Los Angeles-Southern California-LA Breaking News, Weather, Traffic, Sports - abc7.com
  23. Relyt Member

I don't know, I have aspergers, which is not a major form of autism, but I've never heard about anyone who had a seizure as a direct result of having autism. Maybe some people who were autistic and also happened to have another condition at the same time.

Keep in mind, that autism is not a disease, but rather a neurological disorder. Most forms of autism, if not all, are treated through therapy, rather than drugs. Now, I can understand if someone's autism is accompanied by a more serious, life-threatening condition which would need drugs to help suppress, but autism really doesn't directly cause someone to have seizures.

Notice in the Hollywood Interrupted articles about Jett's autism, the Travoltas' neighbor talks about how Jett never speaks, and can't function in society, because the Travoltas never taught him, or attempted to get him help to adjust to society with his condition, because they denied him ever having a condition. They believe that having autism makes him a 'degraded being', and being in such high standing with the cult, they can't allow stuff like that to go public. If the leaders of Scientology believe it to be a PR flap, then John also believes it to be a PR flap. He can't sacrifice Scientology to help his kid. That's how fucking brainwashed these people are.
  24. SpasticGum Member

TheBitch;

I never said anything about tinfoil...
    I don't like tinfoil... it creases easily D:
  25. Re: Mirror.co.uk reporting on possible lack of medication

Yes, and Asperger's as well as Autism has MANY ranges on the spectrum. I wish I didn't know as much about Asperger's as I do...but the spectrum I know..well the person actually TAKES Depakote to control the mild bi-polar that goes along with his place on the Asperger's spectrum. I used to work with disabled children and I have seen autistic children range from ALMOST normal (would probably qualify as Asperger's today) and as disabled as Jett was. The thing is the physical characteristics are visible you can see the child's hands, the way he won't put his feet on the floor, the way he won't make eye contact with strangers...if you've had enough exposure to Autism as clearly so many people commenting have, then it's not really a big mystery. I guess that's why his brother Joey has spoken out, and that man Tim Kenny actually SAID something to JT...they know it when they see it. If you don't know much about the more severe forms of autism, apply to google, seizures are a common manifestation in those autistic persons in that portion of the spectrum.
  26. TheBitch Member

27. eddieVroom Member

That was me -- the comments page there displays email usernames, not "screen names"...

...and I figured your comments on KP and CCHR were as well written (if not better) than anything I could have mustered. :)
  28. TheBitch Member

Next time feel free to just copypasta it like you wrote it. It's "Anonymous" general license under GNU or whatever, heh.

/me is flattered. blushes then orders moar beer.
  29. Re: Mirror.co.uk reporting on possible lack of medication

the Mirror article asks some very good questions.