Customize

Miscavigetown on the anniversary of Jonestown

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Random guy Member

Re: Miscavigetown on the anniversary of Jonestown

^^^Words of wisdom, there^^^
  2. DeathHamster Member

Shotgun!
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

And we stand tall!
  4. Gottabrain Member

:D Yeh!

la-times-protest.jpg

xseed-1.jpg
  5. Anonymous Member

Anyone who thinks that scientology is at higher risk of pulling a Jonestown than any other random group of people needs to pull their heads out of their asses. If you think it's all a big scam, the higher ups aren't going to off themselves or tell their followers to do it- you can't scam money out of dead people. And if you think they're true believers (which makes more sense given the behavior of the Church leadership), then their entire belief system is oriented towards the here and now- towards doing what they can to go up the bridge and clear the planet in this lifetime. Their scriptures are full of stuff about how mankind is going to destroy itself through violence if they can't save everyone with scientology. And while the concept of reincarnation is built into the belief system, they're also told that this life is their best chance to "make it." If they die they risk their thetan getting brainwashed all over again and having to start from scratch- even if they are lucky enough to rediscover Scientology. So the whole belief system is oriented towards what you can do here and now in this lifetime. Suicide just flies in the face of the entire belief system. Could it happen? Sure. But Any group of people could be convinced to engage in mass suicide. The question to ask is whether a given group is more susceptible to it and I would argue that if you look at what Scientologists believe, then they aren't at higher risk for mass suicide. In fact I think you can make a logical and compelling arguement that their beliefs make them less susceptible to mass suicide.
  6. Gottabrain Member

^^
    In response to the above -
    I heard a story about L Ron from a firsthand witness.
    During practice for a filming at the C of S Golden Era Studios, L Ron stopped by for a few minutes and as he was leaving, made a passing comment about how much he liked the "moonwalk" that he used to see some of the oldtime dancers do.

The Scns quickly dropped what they were doing and spent day and night practicing this "moonwalk" to try to get it perfect. For weeks.

L Ron stopped by again and was shown this and chastized the dancers and production personnel for taking everything he said so literally.

That's a great example of the mindset of a Scientologist.

Although there is little to no chance they would knowingly commit mass suicide like Jonestown for the reasons you gave, they are still "true believers". If DM or RTC or someone wrote an urgent directive telling everyone to hole up for 60 days and denied them enough food, water and rest and then set them against each other, they could be at each other's throats. In fact, something like that already happened - "Musical Chairs Int Style" - and they were beating each other up over a bloody chair.

Anon is going about this the right way - get people to think for themselves, act for themselves. Expose the lies, make them aware of the abuses. As long as we continue to do what we are doing, it is win win all the way. It just takes longer.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

If the cult doesn't fall in [strike]5 minutes[/strike]3 years, just protest longer.

211176168_19c3219f38.jpg
  8. DeathHamster Member

Sure about that?
  9. willhaven720 Member

I don't give a shit what anyone says.

If Davey boi ordered a mass suicide, there are at least 100 people that would do it.

If Davey boi told those 100 people (at fucking least) that he had received a personal "comm" from "The Commodore", they would believe him. As they would believe anything he said.

If he told them to go to your house and light it on fire while you were asleep inside... done fucking deal chaps.

And if David "ass to mouth" Miscavige was facing a real coup, all of the above are quite possible.

So finish the fight. And clinch thy buttholes for the "cult swan song" to end all "cult swan songs".

Or we could all just fuck off and watch them go broke over the next decade or so. I doubt the American criminal justice system will have the balls anyhoo.

Now who wants to do lines off me cock? There's plenty of both for all.

Take it back Smurf. ASS!
  10. Ogsonofgroo Member

Thank you, and not to mention that Smurf has been more than willing to take things in stride, face his critics and his own demons, and doesn't appear to be hiding a whole lot when shit gets flung. I can respect him for that. Alot.
    Jeff, your high horse just got a bit shorter in my eyes, but wtf....

Really, if people are curious then go and dig around, if it matters that much, or talk to people.

Salt. A grain I shall take.

@WillH> Hey, the EOC thing was built into LRon's entire project to begin with, after all, what better way to not have digruntled ex's beating down your scam wanting thier money back? The Tiny Tyrant is merely a vessel fabricated from the insanity created before his time by a raving lunati. I highly doubt that his greed, ego, and need to keep the con running its track, would give him any thought to bailing out of this world. He knows its all a con, he's just riding out the storm hoping things die down and it'll business as usual once again.
    My honest opinion.
  11. Smurf Member

I never claimed Scilons would commit mass suicide. ASS!
  12. xenubarb Member

Mass suicide? Don't think so. Drop the body when things become "inconvenient?" Yeah. They have a history of that. The whole 'meat body' thing is a red flag. Why stick around thru a crappy life when you can just EOC and get something better next time?
  13. willhaven720 Member

What? No. I ment the part about my sister. JERK!
  14. Smurf Member

I digress. Your sister looks great.

1237268514495_1237268514495_r.jpg
  15. Anonymous Member

Bum-sex never looked so scary.... come on guys, kiss and make up eh...
  16. Smurf Member

It's not what you think <hint>
  17. Anonymous Member

Because you ruin all of your progress on the bridge and perhaps throw away the only chance you have at obtaining true freedom. That's stressed over and over again in their scriptures. The mindset you're describing is pretty much the antithesis of what is drilled into them from the time they crack open a copy of dianetics.
  18. dwest Member

Thanks for posting the Lifton model. As a childhood member of a cult, I know these, sadly, too well. I do see many comparisons between Jonestown and Scientology including who both got money from their members (turning over property, government checks etc to the cult). Do I think Scientologists are going to commit mass suicide? No, of course not. Most cults do not. That does not take away any danger I feel of them continuing to break the law for their leader. After all, they both are personality-based to a large extent. In Scientology members will and do obey LRH's words above the law.

I have quite a few books on cults including Margaret Sanger's Cults in Our Midst,and Monkey on a Stick about the Hare Krishnas and a number of books on all sides of Jonestown from the Mills book to three of Rebecca Moore's books (including her book of letters from her family and her recent textbook on Jonestown) as well as Deborah Layton and Mark Lane's take on the Peoples Temple.

I appreciate you posting links to both sides of the Peoples Temple.