Customize

More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by dontmakemeangry, Sep 4, 2008.

1. More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

If you search "scientology child labor exposed" on youtube, you find several videos. Now when you click on many of them, you get this message:

I assume the fraudulent copyright claim was made in response to the fact that this video was featured in the recent press release for "School's Closed".

I'm going to complain to Youtube, but you know, it'd be good if some people were to reupload it everywhere...

You can still watch and download it in high quality at vimeo: Scientology Child Labor Exposed on Australian National TV on Vimeo

edit: OK I lol'd at the procedure for filing a DMCA counter notice:
    It is obvious what's going on here. American Rights Counsel LLC doesn't even exist.

edit:
    I fired off an email and I did this:
  2. mrfyde Member

Re: More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

Isn't that the same message that is being used on the pulling of the oschopper vids ?
  3. leroyjenkins Member

No more bullshit... Call youtube right now, i'm tired of the bullshit... this must end naw!!!!

YouTube, LLC
    901 Cherry Ave.
    San Bruno, CA 94066
    USA
    Phone: +1 650-253-0000
    Fax: +1 650-253-0001

MAN THE HARPOONS
  4. Re: More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

I think this might have something to do with oschaper. Is there any way to find out who is behind "American Rights Counsel LLC"?
  5. leroyjenkins Member

There is no such thing as the American Rights Counsel to begin with... Unless you want to state that Counsel and LLC as a legal company. Otherwise its a fake front group for this purpose of taking off videos from youtube in order to get your stuff.
  6. Prozac4Tom Member

In the fair game forum, that is the name that was used to yank a vid about oschaper. He's really stretching the limits. I hope we can get a news agency to go after the asshole for falsely claming an interest in the copyrights to these videos.
  7. Anon1720 Member

The other one is "ContentFactory America, Inc. Looks like oschaper has been busy tonight. I found Anon vids from the Feb 10th protest being pulled.
  8. QAnon Member

Like I said in the main Ollie thread, since I'm name-fagged, I'm setting up a honey-pot for him and will file DMCA counter-claims on his ass. If you want, send me ling to your videos. Can't use the Vimeo one above because it's over ten minutes.
  9. basil Member

I can't find anything about them either. Some searches did come up with other people called "Oliver Schaper" who is not Olly the Scifag.

One works for Gensler - Oliver Schaper, Gensler - and as you can see from the photo on that page, is not Olly.

Also a german one who appears to be about 46 - Pixelprojekt-Ruhrgebiet - Oliver Schaper

Another is a groundsman for a football club - Oliver Schaper ist jetzt der "Mann fürs Grüne"

However, the right Oliver Schaper does seem to post (or has posted) on Yahoo Groups... Yahoo! Groups - I remember Melon Telecom being mentioned in that doxdrop. Unfortunately a reverse lookup of avaialble information on the cellphone number listed appears to be discontinued but no matter.

*waves* Hi Olly. Shitting bricks yet?
  10. basil Member

I can't find anything about them either. Some searches did come up with other people called "Oliver Schaper" who is not Olly the Scifag.

One works for Gensler - Oliver Schaper, Gensler - and as you can see from the photo on that page, is not Olly.

Also a german one who appears to be about 46 - Pixelprojekt-Ruhrgebiet - Oliver Schaper

Another is a groundsman for a football club - Oliver Schaper ist jetzt der "Mann fürs Grüne"

However, the right Oliver Schaper does seem to post (or has posted) on Yahoo Groups... http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/prepaid-gsm/message/327 - I remember Melon Telecom being mentioned in that doxdrop. Unfortunately a reverse lookup of avaialble information on the cellphone number listed appears to be discontinued but no matter.

*waves* Hi Olly. Shitting bricks yet?
  11. the anti Member

alright, question, if i want to download videos off youtube what do i do? also i'm on a mac so anything that might be different?
  12. Re: More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

Thanks mate, you're a champ, here's my lings:

EDIT: Sorry I misunderstood, these links are to the removed vids. I will soon post links to a split vid currently being prepared by a third party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSm2hoqVhyE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEbLLjvpT7E

here are a couple of iaxillulz's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJJG49bg-KE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVkdFQjZoMU
  13. Re: More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

The downloadhelper extension for firefox works a treat. Also there's a fancier way that gets you high quality mp4 files, it was mentioned here on enturb somewhere.

Also, someone will soon post lings to a split video file for your youtube uploading convenience.
  14. QAnon Member

I use DownloadHelper myself (albeit on Windows). Works like a treat. It'll save it in .FLV format, but since I'm not saving archival copies (just reuploading them to my account), it doesn't matter per se.
  15. iaxiloll Member

Those were both my channels, f***ing Cult.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/massive-youtube-strikes-megaling-thread-28201/
  16. iaxiloll Member

17. Re: More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

They've taken down five from XENU TV as well:

Scientology: Rolling Stone Article: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BH3o94rRZk

Scientology: Clearwater City Meeting - Abuses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd78vId2Uns

Scientology: L. Ron Hubbard Jr. Debate 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8baAc5mOVk

Scientology: Lisa McPherson Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWGTcp7thlo

Scientology: TomKat Wedding Countdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcj7iN9ffbI

They are totally random videos including one of me at a Clearwater City Commission meeting.

They haven't deleted my account yet because of the complaints and hopefully they won't.

I sent an email to the people in YouTube who helped me last time and mentioned that others had also been hit. Hopefully I'll hear back from them about what can be done.
  18. basil Member

I don't understand why it isn't a requirement of the person filing the DMCA takedown to actually show proof as to why their copyright is being infringed, rather than the person affected proving why it is not?
  19. Re: More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

I think it's youtube's fear of legal action, they are biased towards those making copyright claims because they are terrified of being shut down themselves by content owners. So they prefer to err on the side of caution, and Oschaper/OSA are taking advantage of this.
  20. Clamosaurus Member

Please, Mr Bunker, can you PM me the email address?
    I wont be erratic or uncivil.

I recieved 7 emails in 60 seconds(Tub3dYou), and have now been completely removed from YT altogether.

Ya think ARC as an acronym of American Rights Counsel is a coincedence?
  21. iaxiloll Member

Saves them a lot of work.
  22. iaxiloll Member

Me too pls. My account is no more.
  23. leroyjenkins Member

And Google/YouTube doesnt even have customer service hours till around 7-8 am Pacific Time. Hell, OSA could take down 10,000 videos in 6 hours if they need to. American Rights Council - ARC? very strange coincidence. We need to mass call them in the morning because this fill out the form shit aint going to work and claiming 10,000 videos would bring a red flag to the average user.
  24. themadhair Member

^ This. Seriously this.

For Eurofags the internation office is:

YouTube
    Gordon House
    Barrow Street
    Dublin 4
    Ireland

Fax:
    +353 1 437 0741, Attn: YouTube Copyright Counter Notification

Email:
    decopyright@youtube.com
  25. Re: More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

My account has been deleted again, too,

The email I used was copyright@youtube.com. I had a reference number from my last go round so hopefully that might speed things up for me but I don't know for sure.
  26. Top Grunge Member

Hey Ollie ya dumbass! Don't you realize this is EXACTLY what got us fired up in the first place!? Dumbass, it only makes us angrier. Sorry to all gettin accounts closed, again.
  27. Randomness Member

THIS WILL NOT END WELL OSA, WAIT AND SEE HOW BADLY HUBBARD-TECH FAILS THIS TIME.
  28. censor Member

time to get out the old "Message to Scientology" video, because this is exactly why it all started.

how about we create a torrent with all the videos which got taken down, create loads of accounts and upload every single video into every single account.

for each account that falls, ten will rise to take its place ... or moar!
  29. genome Member

THIS
  30. Re: More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

Absolutely, I'm doing this right now, everyone who can, please start reuploading anti-Scn videos you have, especially the ones that have been taken down.
  31. Xolo Member

Anyone pooned CTV news about why American Rights Counsel LLC is claiming copyright on there news reports?
  32. DarthXenu Member

Fucking this!
  33. Re: More Youtube fraud by the Cult of Scientology

Oh... Scientology... You keep fucking with our internets and pissing us off like this and bad things are going to start happening. Again. Like, what's already been happening, but moar.
  34. iaxiloll Member

The clips are gone within ten minutes yesterday I had 31 videos on that channel 10 mins ago 20 nao, 18. This will not end well for OSA. I wonder why the channel is still up.
  35. momISanon Member

THIS!

You don't fuck with the internets, $cilons. Hell hath no fury! You've reeeeeeeaaaaaallllllly stepped in it now! :twisted:
  36. leroyjenkins Member

37. Silver Scream Member

How can they do this sh*t? A friend of mine told me to check out a video on Youtube about Scientology and I couldn't get on. It said on there "Sorry, this video is no longer available." WTF??? This friend saw it about a week ago... Is the CO$ a bunch of bullsh*t??? :ffs: How can they just delete a video that goes against there dumb*ss cult? You know what, I'm p*ss*d off at the dumb CO$!!! :guyfawkes: Gez...this cult really is bad news. Do they expect all of us to give up our rights and wash the thetans away? What a bunch of morons!?!?
  38. leroyjenkins Member

Google Worldwide Phone Numbers

CALL THESE PEOPLE NOW!!!! WE CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE ANY MORE VIDEOS TO A FRAUD!!!