Customize

Mousavi

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Unregistered, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Is it just me, or can nobody else see that Mousavi is a complete bastard also?

The Iranian people are crying out for change at the roots. Change that allows Mousavi and Rafsanjani to take over is just the same old shit with new faces...

Mag bar Islamic Republic. Long live democracy!
  2. Mousavi is also a very weak figure head. He was an appretice if you wish, of Ayatollah Khomenei for about 8 years. He is just as hard line as the rest of the bastards.
  3. Ray Murphy Member

That may be so, but the issue is fair elections. If voters can trust the electoral system they can vote for politicians who will gradually make the changes they want.
  4. I think this has gone further than the election. In my opinion if there is a new election, everyone should vote for Amedi - Just to get the ball rolling again.
  5. Ray Murphy Member

Yes, it's all gone further than the election now that the government and some religious leaders have shown contempt for the Constitution and illegally banned peaceful protests and permitted incessant and vicious attacks on citizens.
  6. So you changed your mind?
  7. atmasabr Member

If Mousavi were a bastard, he would have given up the moment he saw the risk to the current system. By most accounts however he has been heavily influenced by the revolution that has sprung up below him. He may be a true believer in a government that has turned fascist on him.
  8. Ray Murphy Member

Originally Posted by Ray Murphy
    but the issue is fair elections

[....]

Yes, it's all gone further than the election now that the government and some religious leaders have shown contempt for the Constitution and illegally banned peaceful protests and permitted incessant and vicious attacks on citizens.

[Unregistered]: So you changed your mind?

Not at all. I couldn't change my mind because it's none of my business how Iranian people elect to run their country.
    I was referring to the matter having gone further for them.

You see their original complaint was unfair elections, but some criminals in power have subsequently (and illegally) viciously harmed the protesters and therefore lost their (moral) right to rule and they will also lose their legal right to rule at the very moment the government's tenure expires. After that point in time it will no longer be a contest between protesters and government, but between protesters and plain criminals.
  9. Cattypuss Member

Mousavi

An Interview with Al - Jazzera on 11th June:

10. By saying Mousavi is a bastard is not a direct attack at the current events. What I am saying is he is just as bad as Ahmedi. He is supported now massivly by Rafsanjani (The most corrupt figure head in Iran.) Swapping Ahmedi & Khamenei for Mousavi and Rafsanjani is on the same par as swapping Bush with McCain...
  11. Cattypuss Member

Believe me, Mccain would have been an improvement on Bush - and so would Mousavi over Ahmadinejad. No one expects Iran to turn itself into a shining beacon of democracy overnight. These things take time. If Iran can rid itself of oppressive religious leaders imposing their will on the masses that would be a giagantic plus.
  12. atmasabr Member

Or Michael Moore with Barack Obama.
  13. Hirundininae Member

There is no doubt Mousavi and his higher authority - Rasfanjani - are corrupt. As an illustration Rasfanjani was implicated in the 1998 "serial killings" (MOIS coordinated assassinations of dissident intellectuals) as uncovered by investigative journalists including Akbar Ganji. They are as corrupt as Ahmadinejad. Interestingly, Ahmadinejad's first Presidential campaign was centred on 'anti-corruption' which had reached gross levels under the Khatami presidency. Ofcourse having won the elections he chose to join the party too!
    Are they as brutal as Ahmadinejad? Probably not but Mousasvi has a limited track record in executive office.
    Why is Mousavi sticking his neck out? Is he a white knight?
    Iranian politics should not be viewed as conservatives vs. reformers. It is a fragmented playing field consisting of myriad interest groups. But there is a kind of revolution taking place. Not the one on the streets, a revolution at the top of Iranian politics where Ahmadinejad et all are moving to keep a hold of power. Mousavi is fighting for his political stake - i.e. the status quo.
    It is misleading to describe Iranian elections as 'fair.' Iranian elections are designed to preserve the status quo. This works by all candidates for President having to be vetted and approved by the Guardian council of which 6 out of 12 members are appointed by the Supreme Leader! Different establishment groups will play their candidates and the Iranian people decide who wins. BUT none of the candidates will be outsiders to the 'corrupted' political system. Mousavi's gripe is that he should have won.
  14. You are like me with a more lubricant vocabulary. Thanks :p
  15. Ray Murphy Member

[Bump - to hide phone spam]