Customize

Mousavi's facebook page gone!!!!

Discussion in 'News And Current Events' started by Unregistered, Jul 21, 2009.

1. JohnDoe Moderator

Well they soon will be, when they get flooded with emails and phonecalls from here!:p (See Facebook phone numbers post)
  2. Hechicera Member

I also e-mailed Nico back when the odd information was noted (I imagine others did too - so that's not credit to me), as part of the public awareness.

This up now on HuffPo on his liveblog:

Iran Uprising Blogging: Latest Updates

So, go Nico go. I was clear in my e-mail that it is not just the shortcut down, but that the page seems to be locked for updates.

We can watch his blog now too for a FB response.
  3. I don't think it is the admins at facebook doing this. It is a hack from the IRG, blocking some functions on the page. Facebook needs to step up their security.
  4. What is the possibility of someone hacking into facebook and only affecting one particular page's one particular function? It is not like it is a blog or a website. I think those kind of features would be centrally controlled. Unless they hacked into the account, in which case there would a different set of problems. no?
  5. I'm not sure exactly how they did it, but it is obvious there is a glitch there that only does specific things, and I'm sure the glitch was deliberately placed. It keeps you from accessing his page via the main way of accessing it, and it keeps him from publishing any comments. They obviously want to keep people from hearing for him. I'm sure they would have just taken over the page or completely screwed it up, if they could, but this is probably the best they could do. They also don't want him just making a whole new page, because then they'll have to hack it again, so they just made specific hacks into this one. Facebook needs to find the glitch they hacked into his account and fix it.
  6. I'm wondering what he wants to announce, that they are so scared of that they have to block his ability to announce it.
  7. No so much scared of what he wants to announce, but scared of what he says in general. Silencing him must be one of their top priorities.
  8. Lets not get paranoid.

1. They are not mind readers to know what Mousavi was going to say
    2. His other websites are still up, so he can post whatever he needs to there
    3. I too have doubts about this being a hack. My account acts up occasionally. Never had the publishing box disappear, but I have had thing I submitted not appear. Usually goes away in a day. FB admin should figure it out soon.
  9. EPG Member

He's back!

The following was just posted on the page:

Facebook seem to have missed the importance of what they created. Lets hope they care more about this plattform of micro media in the future. You raised attention! You are the Media ..ظاهرا فیس بوک متوجه مضیقه رسانه ای ما نبود، امید است توجه بیشتری داشته باشند، رسانه شمائید
  10. Hechicera Member

Excellent!

And the shortcut link is back as well. Good on all!
  11. EPG Member

Mir Hossein Mousavi میر حسین موسوی FACEBOOK !!!!! The page (publication rights) of Mrs. Dr. Rahnavard is still Blocked !!!!! Please act ASAP ! People in Iran still have to give Phonenumbers to be able to comment!! Please act ASAP ! You seem not to realize that we are the Media ! صفحه خانم دکتر رهنورد همچنان مسدود است و فیس بوکیان مجددا در خواب، از رسانه های خرد نام و نشان می خواهند، ما خود به درد بازجویی دچاریم .خواهشا توجه فرمائید

edit: just saw the other thread about this, whoops.
  12. Hechicera Member

13. I logged on to read this thread, and saw an add at the top of the page, under the words "Anonymous Iran" to this place:

Cell Spy Pro - The Ultimate Cell Phone Spy Package

Now, I know the adds are random, and generate off keywords in the thread, but I thought this one was interesting, so I clicked on it.

It is probably crap, but if it isn't, then that means anyone can do what the Iranian government is doing, on a much smaller scale. They sell this software like this on the internet! Can you imagine the crap they sell to the governments?

WTF is wrong with these people?