Customize

Movie movie movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elefthería, Feb 27, 2012.

1. MOOG Member

Burnt Offerings (1976)

Director: Dan Curtis
    Stars: Karen Black, Oliver Reed, Burgess Meredith
    Runtime: 116 min

RIP Karen Black <3<3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

She was amazing in Day of the Locust
  3. Anonymous Member

Sci-fi
    Oblivion- pretty good B movie
    Elysium - good B movie
    Star Trek- good B movie
    No competition for Inception so far
  4. theelamental Member

what about sharknado
  5. Anonymous Member

I really liked Looper.
  6. Anonymous Member

There is something really fishy about it.
  7. Just watched the original 'Django' with Franco Nero dragging that coffin around. Highly recommend subtitles for that one as the english dub isn't very accurate...or listenable. Pretty bloody movie for the sixties. I liked it. It pretty much foreshadowed Leone's westerns as well as everything Tarantino ever did.

I have 'More' with the Pink Floyd soundtrack lined up to watch in a day or so.
  8. MOOG Member

Blue Velvet (1986) (NSFW)
    Director: David Lynch
    Writer: David Lynch (screenplay)
    Stars: Isabella Rossellini, Kyle MacLachlan, Dennis Hopper, Hope Lange, Dean Stockwell, Jack Nance

• Like Like x 1
  9. veravendetter Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool, vera.
    i was bored. :rolleyes:
  11. veravendetter Member

Stop farting out your children. Everyone.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. no vera.
    troll harder.
    play, children.... play.

[IMG]
  13. dpm Member

follow the white rabbit
  14. veravendetter Member

I read Fear and Trembling at university. Post a film or bring better philosophy.
  15. MOOG Member

Happy Caturday, y'all.

KtcrunJ.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. veravendetter Member

Still watching it Moog but it deserves an early thumbs up imo
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

Secret of Magic Island: subtitled for ducks.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. thanks, MOOG.
  19. veravendetter Member

'Drowning by Numbers' - Peter Greenaway. (couldn't find a link, sorry)
    • Like Like x 1
  20. veravendetter Member

21. I find cinema to be a long-running joke I only just got let in on and I'm always finding old stuff to watch because it often 'Means Something Later'. This week's movie crop was pretty good. 'The Hunting Party' ('71), which is panned for being violent and grim as hell (but really tame compared to the series "Deadwood"), and Fellini's "Casanova". I totally don't get Fellini but I can see where his visual style has been picked up by other directors. I find I can enjoy just looking at it. I also watched Cronenberg Jr's "Antiviral" and found it pretty interesting and very well acted.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. A.O.T.F Member

23. A.O.T.F Member

Breaking-Bad.jpg

Episode 16 - The Final - WOW ... Just fucking AWESOME!

24. A.O.T.F Member

BBC Panorama Saving Syria's Children (Full Documentary 2013 HD)

25. A.O.T.F Member

^^ BBC Panorama Saving Syria's Children (Full Documentary 2013 HD)

syria.jpg

Angry!! I'm feeling really fucking Angry.. The perpetrators of all of this .. I feel like ripping their fucking heads off!!!!!!!

Give me a BILLIONAIRE with BALLS! & A Conscience - Then we can start to HELP.
  26. Anonymous Member

27. MOOG Member

Kids In The Hall - Brain Candy (1996 Full Movie)

JclIKKw.jpg

Starring: Dave Foley, Bruce McCulloch, Kevin McDonald, Mark McKinney, Scott Thompson
    Director: Kelly Makin; Writers: Norm Hiscock, Bruce McCulloch, Kevin McDonald, Mark McKinney

A team of scientists working for a pharmaceutical company discovers a cure for depression. When the company finds itself in trouble financially, they rush the new drug into production without doing enough testing. Things seem to go fine until some of the users of the drug start slipping into comas. It becomes a race between the scientists who want to tell the world the truth and the company's marketing department who wants to protect their profit margin.

• Like Like x 2
  28. A.O.T.F Member

• Like Like x 1
  29. A.O.T.F Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. MOOG Member

asBrdCg.jpg

Ed Wood (1994)

Johnny Depp, Martin Landau, Sarah Jessica Parker, Patricia Arquette
    Director: Tim Burton; Writers: Scott Alexander, Rudolph Grey, Larry Karaszewski

BF4I6xL.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  31. A.O.T.F Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. Heart.Beat.

21181590.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  34. Copy/Paste Member

No Tom Foolery :(
  35. Anonymous Member

Damn the Co$, Don't help!
  36. A.O.T.F Member

Thanks DF .. That's on my "to watch list"
  37. It's currently on netflix streaming if you have that. :)

Mediastan looks very interesting, thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. A.O.T.F Member

There's very little in the way of Assange's presence ... In reality, it is a concerted effort by the entire Wikileaks team. More about the message, and less about the individual. IMHO .. It is very very good.

Tell it like it is
    We're in a race
    Against time
    That we
    Should've never run

Mick Jones
  39. MOOG Member

A Night To Dismember (1983 Doris Wishman)

Directed by Doris Wishman. Starring Samantha Fox, Diane Cummins, Saul Meth, Miriam Meth.

69 minutes, color, widescreen.

Everybody loves Doris Wishman films, but here is one of her most difficult films, and it's also one of her best films. It's her only real horror film, and according to Doris, right after the film was shot, the negative was stored at MovieLab, which suddenly went bankrupt, and a disgruntled ex-employee ruined a bunch of negatives, including about half of the footage for A Night To Dismember. But Doris had already been paid for a film, and had to deliver something, so... she scraped together ALL of her outtakes from her film career (30 films in all from 1960 to 2007) and chopped them up into the remaining original Night To Dismember footage to form a new story, and a new film. The result? A confusing, delirious fever dream. The entire soundtrack is wildly dubbed, sometimes with Doris' own voice (typical of Wishman films), actors turn into other actors, time runs backwards and forwards. If you can find the actual DVD, it contains Doris Wishman's commentary which is so funny and interesting.

Enjoy!

kbcBHMd.png
    FhZQU8H.jpg

8Gqaead.jpg
    • Like Like x 1