Customize

Movie movie movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EleftherĂ­a, Feb 27, 2012.

1. RolandRB Member

I liked the film Oblivion
  2. A.O.T.F Member

I don't know about you RB, but I'm just gonna go over here ... You know .. find some cover :D
  3. Just watched the HP Lovecraft Historical Society version of Whisperer in Darkness. It turned out to be a pretty good adaptation of one of my favorite stories. It was filmed in 30's noir style B&W and manages to pull off being eerie and even suspenseful at times. One of the better Lovecraft adaptations I've seen and amazing considering the limited budget they were working with.

2ar6.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. RolandRB Member

^^^ That's where Hubbard trumps H. P. Lovecraft. He didn't just write about horror - he created it!
    • Like Like x 3
  5. He also out-purpled Lovecraft's already adjectival prose. Except Hubbard's wasn't good and didn't make any sense.

GilmanCover.jpeg

I am convinced L Ron was a throwback to some Devil's Reef-based eldritch lifeform. This guy is obviously a relative. I bet the album is moderately better than 'Space Jazz' though.

http://www.cthulhulives.org/

As for evil, if someone ever seriously manages to summon one of the Old Ones, we'll see just how HPL and LRH measure up in a comparison of collateral damage ;).
    • Like Like x 2
  6. RolandRB Member

"After Earth" is NOT a good film. It is maybe the only film I have seen where I wanted the "hero" mauled to death.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. trippyhippo Member

how to be a serial killer is a really good movie
  8. AssassinAnon Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Old news, by about six months, but watchable, once.
  10. Anonymous Member

Ender's Game
    Meh
  11. Anonymous Member

Captain Phillips

Great movie
  12. Anonymous Member

Gravity

Blah movie.
  13. Anonymous Member

I liked it when she struggles across space into the capsule the first thing she did was fall asleep.
  14. Anonymous Member

Yeah, and that dream/delusions of seeing Clooney in the capsule with her near the end to get her to not give up were so realistic that you couldn't even tell it was just her imagination. Didn't see that fire coming, either, with those sparks. /sarcasm

I'm kind of hating on that movie right now, except for the 3D effects, but even those got really old, except for the floating teardrops.
  15. Anonymous Member

3D makes me hurl. When the first astronaut dies we seen his face partially caved in. Wouldn't it explode outward leaving red mush?
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

18. Anonymous Member

I guess I missed that. We were the only ones in the theater, so were taking selfies with our 3D glasses lol. As for impoding or exploding faces, I'm not sure how gravity affects that. I also thought Clooney just floating off to die was so unbelievable and dumb, that that's when I just started picking apart the film. Couldn't believe the critics loved it, and that many are saying Bullock should get an Oscar nomination for it.

Also, what made me LOL was that the directions on operating the emergency shuttles, etc. were in 3-ring binders with paper. Not even laminated. Yeah, that seemed legit. lol
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Anonymous Member

Bullock getting an Oscar is a profane thought. Wash out your brain. Except for the movie where she could see the future she plays the same role. This one was the "See the future Mom" now that I think on it.
  21. Anonymous Member

22. A.O.T.F Member

cbgb.jpg

Jesus Christ! it was a shit hole .. But oh what a solid gold shit hole it was.

Apart from a few inaccuracies .. This film is really great. An awesome soundtrack .. Brilliant performances from all, with moments of pure hilarity. I highly recommend this film folks. 9 out of 10

hilly.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1786751/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
  23. Falcon DelRey Member

this movie star's former WWE Wrestler Roddy Piper. i've seen the movie and like it. i would like to get the movie on dvd if i can find it.
  24. laughingsock Member

Dog eat dog, Spanish subtitles. net flix, great movie.
  25. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Just saw Walter Mitty and enjoyed it.
  26. Anonylemmi Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. Anonymous Member

28. Anonymous Member

29. This is not a recession its a robbery/The Movie/Directors cut

30. Anonymous Member

If they're outside in space, then the cold cold vacuum of space more of an issue maybe?

http://www.geoffreylandis.com/vacuum.html
  31. RolandRB Member

I was so bored I watched "Village of the Damned" last night. I switched off when Krusty appeared, however.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Disambiguation Global Moderator

August Osage County
    Only people with seriously dysfunctional families will get this and they will lol. Everyone else in the theater will be horribly offended by the laughter. It's kinda like "Harold and Maude"- people who have seen it before vrs newbies.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. A.O.T.F Member

ao.jpg

Yeah! Great movie, D .. Julia Roberts, performance was outstanding. One wouldn't want to piss her off IRL :D
  34. A.O.T.F Member

35. Hi!
    The best movie that I have seen so far is a romantic comedy entitled "Leap Year".
    hehehe
  36. Enjoyed "Burke and Hare" on netflix last night. It's really corny and really british, but certainly worth watching for Simon Pegg, Andy Sirkus, and a cast of familiar British faces.
  37. Amazing story about how the director was kidnapped by Kim Jong-il's govt when he went to go look for his ex-wife who had been kidnapped earlier to make films in NK. Their later escape is also thrilling.

They should make it into a movie someday;), thanks!
    • Like Like x 1
  38. egashira Member

well, you like Miyazaki's anime? I like too.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Enders Game and Beautiful Creature
    very nice movies to watch for.