Customize

Muse - Uprising written for Iranians?

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Unregistered, Aug 3, 2009.

1. This is the new single from the British band released over the past few days, Muse(who are extremely popular among Iran's youth), called "Uprising". Lyrics seem SO FITTING for the situation in Iran...it's just begging for someone to mix with post-election demonstration footage.

Lyrics:
    The paranoia is in bloom, the PR
    The transmissions will resume
    They‘ll try to push drugs
    Keep us all dumbed down and hope that
    We will never see the truth around
    (So come on!)

Another promise, another scene, another
    A package not to keep us trapped in greed
    With all the green belts wrapped around our minds
    And endless red tape to keep the truth confined
    (So come on!)

[Chorus]
    They will not force us
    They will stop degrading us
    They will not control us
    We will be victorious

Interchanging mind control
    Come let the revolution take its toll if you could
    Flick the switch and open your third eye, you‘d see that
    We should never be afraid to die
    (So come on!)

Rise up and take the power back, it’s time that
    The fat cats had a heart attack, you know that
    Their time is coming to an end
    We have to unify and watch our flag ascend

[Chorus]
    They will not force us
    They will not control us
    We will be victorious

Hey .. hey … hey .. hey!
    (repeat)

[Chorus]
    They will not force us
    They will not control us
    We will be victorious

Hey .. hey … hey .. hey!
  2. yes,i agree with you.
    it completely fits iran situation.
    i a big fan of MUSE,and i was searching in net for new song of muse,then i found this song,and downloaded it.when i listened to it and read the lyrics of this song i thought it might be about iran situation. so i searched for the reviews of this song on net to see if i'm true or wrong.
    i really have to thanks MUSE and all of you people who tring to help us and tell us that we are not alone.sorry for my bad english,i don't know how to tell how i'm happy to see all these people tring to help us.
    i even saw some people on TV in the scotland edinburgh in a big festival about the music and art that they had green wristlet.

i should say sorry again for my bad english and say thank you to all of you.
  3. My English is not very strong, but... "green belts wrapped around our minds" doesn't sound too positive about "green" colour, does it? Maybe I'm wrong?
  4. I agree it's not positive at all
  5. That line is right after a line about greed. Since green is the color of US money, I think that is what they're refering to.
  6. benkaka Member

Since green is the color of US money, I think that is what they're refering to.
  7. Apparently the music company made them take that video down, but the "official" video is still here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog]YouTube - Muse - Uprising [OFFICIAL VIDEO][/ame]
  8. Ironic, considering what the song is about.

Big fat cats, putting out a song about big fat cats keeping people down, and reminding us what they really are by they way they are petty and controlling about access to the video.