Customize

Music for the People #7

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Unregistered, Jul 2, 2009.

1. I can't say much that I haven't already said about the news. You all can read the Green Brief anyway. More suppression of the press and communication today, including the arrests of entire apartment complexes of people for speaking out for their rights, and ironically, even professing their faith in what was supposed to be a theocracy by their own religion.

It comes as little surprise that more and more of even the highest members of the clergy--alongside countless other citizens from all walks of life--are speaking out against this brazen disregard for right and wrong on the part of a thoroughly illegitimate--and now thoroughly discredited--mockery of a government.

But as I've said before, history does not make itself, and this mockery of a government will do everything it can to prevent the people from succeeding. This is what people face daily, as they daily put their own safety, property, freedom--even their own lives--on the line to accomplish something so that their nation may see a brighter future.

Here's more music to inspire everyone to continue the struggle.

Hans Zimmer - (various tracks?) - Pirates of the Caribbean
    (One of the tracks is named "He's a Pirate", but I don't know what the others are called. However, the music is appropriately epic, and that's what I care about.)

(This video also shows some awesome aerial combat scenes from the animé Yukikaze.)

By the way, I want to let people know that I'm wearing green and black today.

(Again, suggest any music you'd like to see in future, and I'll think about working it in, as I'm no wellspring of ideas myself. I'm most interested in movie, TV, and videogame soundtracks, but feel free to suggest anything.)