Customize

Nail polish advances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by White Tara, Aug 26, 2014.

1. White Tara Global Moderator

Imma post this simply because its wonderful to admire the skill of others :) Yay Chemistry!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...-date-rape-drugs/story-fn5fsgyc-1227037027903

A GROUP of university students who invented a nail polish which changes colour when drinks have been spiked claim it could potentially be used to ward off date rape attacks.
    The four chemistry students from North Carolina University, Ankesh Madan, Stephen Gray, Tyler Confrey-Maloney and Tasso Von Windheim, said the polish could detect when certain drugs were in women’s drinks before they were ingested.
    “Our goal is to invent technologies that empower women to protect themselves from this heinous and quietly pervasive crime,” the team behind Undercover Colors said on their Facebook page.
    More talented young men at link;
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...-date-rape-drugs/story-fn5fsgyc-1227037027903
    • Like Like x 3
  2. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. White Tara Global Moderator

Just you try and slip a device the size of a smart phone inside your glass and see where that gets ya!!!! :)
  4. RightOn Member

wow that is really something
    Too bad the glasses don't change color when something funky is added.
    Although it would have to be quite a violent color change. Same with the nails.
    Would drunk people be able to notice it enough before taking a sip?
  5. RavenEyes Member

pdid - I can see being useful, maybe, if you're sober. What about beer bottles? The device is too large and looks like a drink pregnancy test. What about soap residue on glasses? What is the woman is on medication such as antibiotics or illegal substances like The Marijuana and it's transferred via her saliva before the pdid is inserted into her drink?

Nail polish that changes color - not so much. You have to be in an environment that is light enough to even see your nails. What about nails that are gel vs regular laquer; design vs one color; acrylic vs. real; glittery vs. matte, etc.

I just remember when I was young and out clubbing. I was dancing, drinking, and flirting. Not staring at my nails. Roofies hit fast, so by the time you noticed - hey, my pinkie is sorta glowing...

And, then what? You call the police and say this guy ruined my manicure? I think he's planning to rape me?

You could totally entrap someone with these devices.
  6. DeathHamster Member

It looks more the size of a memory stick.

The app that tells you how many user reported incidents in that bar .. I see abuse and lawsuits down the line.

Bar's closed.
    pools-closed-3725_preview.jpg
    • Like Like x 1