Customize

Nakba? Hajabi? an investigation.

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Glen Singleton, Dec 26, 2010.

1. My grandmother met a man in the 1950's in southern part of California, the west coast of the United States. She met a man by the name of Reman Hajabi. They had a son together but Reman's family told him that if he was to stay with this lady they would disown him and forget about him. He left with his family, where they went, I don't know. I do know that he came with a group of people from the middle eastern area, his family. I'm not 100% sure why he came at that time, but from a little research I have come across the Nakba day and that immigrants gave themselves the name of Hajabi on top of their real name. I am wondering what I can learn about the name or about immigrants in that era and about Nakba day in general. Or even if anybody knows someone who came and stayed or knows their whereabouts and info. I do know that their son is my father. My grandmother was very reserved about my father's REAL father. I really want to find out what happened to my biological grandfather. My father has wanted to know and find out who is father is for a very long time. He has had depression problems ever since he found out, this is very important to my family and I. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.s. if Jeshua Rowthorn (rawthorn(e)?), and the state of Kentucky, ring a bell, do contribute.