Customize

Narconon Exploiting Patients For Free Labour

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by Intelligence, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Intelligence Member

Narconons in the USA use program Graduates in their work-force as "Interns."

Are they breaking the Labour Laws as per U.S. Department of Labour?

http://tinyurl.com/be6h8bq

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

An interesting decision in Canada:
    http://www.hrcr.org/safrica/equality/quebec_coutu.html

# # #

U.S DEPARTMENT OF LABOUR:
    http://tinyurl.com/be6h8bq

• Like Like x 5
  2. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

Narconon charges $1,000 to get a staff internship

Code:
    http://www.rehabnz.co.nz/pages/narconon10.html
    [IMG]
  4. Aurora Member

Couple of questions re the above:
    1) will these internship rules apply to the narconons that are "non-profit"?
    2) when I read the training costs for the withdrawal internship, I interpret the cost as $1000 to train a team of 10 staff. Is this correct?

kthx
  5. Intelligence Member

On the phone right now to USA and discussing some of this.

6. Anonymous Member

In Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act, published by the U.S. Department of Labor in April of 2010, it is explained that the Wage and Hour Division (WHD) recognizes an exception from the FSLA rules for individuals who volunteer their time, freely and without anticipation of compensation for religious, charitable, civic, or humanitarian purposes to nonprofit organizations. Unpaid internships in the public sector and for non-profit charitable organizations, where the intern volunteers without expectation of compensation, are generally permissible. WHD is reviewing the need for additional guidance on internships in the public and non-profit sectors. The Fact Sheet was published in April of 2010.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Intelligence Member

Besides "Displacement and Supervision" issue above stated, the following points would
    govern any formal complaint filed. Notable, is ["ALL of the factors listed above..."]
    - = otherwise, an EMPLOYMENT relationship DOES exist.

Most importantly, we are now searching for "Legal Case Precedents" for presentation with any Complaint.

[IMG]

A REASONABLE expectation:

[IMG]
  8. Intelligence Member

Another interesting point in the Narconon Internship, as they call it, the Training received
    by the Graduate, is NOT transferrable outside of Narconon, to be used in another Rehab or
    anywhere whatsover. An "INTERN", is being Educationally Trained to work at the place of training,
    or another place of the INTERN'S choice after training.

Good luck getting a job in any other Rehab using the Narconon training.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Intelligence Member

Perhaps a CLASS ACTION from several NN Grads is possble?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ccording-to-outten--golden-llp-142678445.html

http://www.tlnt.com/2012/05/15/unpaid-internships-revisited-could-your-program-land-you-in-court/

Unpaid Internships Revisited: Could Your Program Land You in Court?

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Chipshotz Member

You're awesome David.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. TorontosRoot Member

Awesome work david, and they're gonna be panicking once they can't backpedal or change shit. The screenshots are proof!! :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. TorontosRoot Member

OSA, you're gonna be unable to shit on anything we do to get that NARCONON shut down for good.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

2) No, $1,000 is for staff #1. Rates for each of the 10 staff are itemized here, same link

Code:
    http://www.rehabnz.co.nz/pages/narconon10.html
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Intelligence Member

Off to bed now - - have a good night, ALL :) <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

there is nothing more vicious and outrageous than the abuse, exploitation and harm of the most vulnerable members of our society
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AnonMishka Member

This is very interesting. I'll be curious to see if Narconon staff interns will fall under any such laws.
  17. Anonymous Member

We don't, it's a religion.

No wait, it's not a religion its a medical service.

No, not medical, it's a drug rehab place. That provides internships... that cost $1,000

.. dials Scientology legal office ..
    • Funny Funny x 3
  18. Random guy Member

Good grief David, you're a juggernaut!
  19. Intelligence Member

Governor removes Human Rights Commission in Oklahoma.

http://newsok.com/house-passes-bill...ion-state-discrimination-laws/article/3560198

Grrrr ,..., Governor Mary Fallin did this ^^^ to save money!

MUST GO HERE NOW:
    http://www.oag.state.ok.us/oagweb.nsf/employment.html

20. TorontosRoot Member

21. Intelligence Member

It's not a problem - - there are 2-3 avenues of redress; the main one being the US Department of Labour.

The other ones may be used for more serious matters we're looking into.

***PATIENTS GRASSHOPPER*** :) <3

22. TorontosRoot Member

Those avenues need to be fully used to combat narCONon.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Intelligence Member

IMO, I believe at least one, and a good chance two or more Cases will be filed within two weeks
    with the US Department of Labour. If time/resources permit, numbers could increase considerably?

AND WTF are YOU ^^^ , TorontoRoot, doing up? It's 3:48am here and I think
    it's 2:48am where you are? - LOL :)

I had a wee nap, so I'm fine.

24. Intelligence Member

LOL - - I get bored easily and LOVE a challenge; which this most certainly is. All is
    well and under control in Canada - - moving forward, so this agenda has merit and
    worth investigating.

IMO, if the formal complaints are filled out correctly, with comprehensive details, I think the
    Victim should WIN.

Exploiting employees in the USA, using the INTERN status to avoid paying minimum wage,
    appears to be rampant and some political figures are interested in stopping it.

• Like Like x 5
  25. BigBeard Member

I think these two items will be the ones that get NN, and need to be hammered on hard:

NN interns work under what existing staff?? My impression is the interns ARE the staff at most NN's!

Operations may actually be impeded on occasion, but without the so called "interns" NN's wouldn't be able to operate. So I'd say NN's are 'deriving immediate advantage' from the activities of the interns.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Intelligence Member

The Beginning of the End of the Unpaid Internship

http://business.time.com/2012/05/02/the-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-unpaid-internship-as-we-know-it/

May 02, 2012

[SNIP]

# # #
    Employers: misclassification of interns and other employees can be costly

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=b9cb5a71-44f0-4508-94a8-0f9dce5109a7

[SNIP] (Case Precedents) - -

# # #

What makes Narconon's exploitation of Patients so insidious under State and USA Federal Law is using vulnerable people with disabilities; as per U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. [These risks include: medication and health problems, societal enabling, a lack of identification of potential problems, and a lack of accessible and appropriate prevention and treatment services.]

These desperate victims have paid $30,000 to be treated for their disease of addiction and ONLY received Scientology Training Routines and Auditing Sessions without the Victims awareness or consent. In fact, the Victim did not have the “mental capacity to form intent” when signing documents upon arrival and intake.

Following 3-6 months of Cult indoctrination, leaving the patient disoriented, confused, in fear and lost, Narconon recruits the patient to work for Narconon as an INTERN, without remuneration or concern for the patient’s need for qualified aftercare; helping them to remain drug-free. The Patient’s work is for the benefit of the EMPLOYER for the daily operations of the center; ONLY the employer benefits and no INTERN training received by the INTERN - - AND/OR any education that could be used in any other industry or work place except for another Narconon located elsewhere.
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Intelligence Member

Senator's Office woke me up two mornings ago - LOL - so have a wee bit to do with a couple
    of pressing matters. But will draft details and pertinent points of a formal complaint concerning INTERNS in USA sometime next week for submission to government investigators RE: "Violations of Narconon INTERNS"
    and request minimum wages paid for hours worked, PLUS intervention and Judgement for
    "PUNUITIVE" damages for VICTIMS. If more come forward, could proceed into a CLASS ACTION? This MUST be STOPPED.

• Like Like x 3
  28. I interned beginning in August at Narconon South Texas, and had to pay $2,500 to intern, and worked 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week, all for $50 a week. Complete slave labor. It was a living hell.
  29. Intelligence Member

In contact with a few Narconon INTERN VICTIMS now, and will see where this goes VERY SOON:)

I think this could be another milestone victory - - always like to be in "POSITIVE-MODE",
    and I avoid pressing forward on something that does not have merit. THIS DOES :) <3

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Intelligence Member

WOW!!! Ok, we'll talk in next couple day {{{HUGS}}} <3

If YOU are NOT who I think you are, please PM (Private Message) me.

31. DeathHamster Member

You PAID $2500 for the privilege of being an intern, then worked 72 hour weeks for a whole $50? Yeah, that'll improve self-esteem. (And I bet they gouged for a few courses too. Am I right?)

Does Texas have any kind of minimum wage law?
  32. grebe Member

The US Federal government has a minimum wage law.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  33. Intelligence Member

Yes Texas does, AND Federal Labour Laws establish a minimum wage also that States
    must abide by.

http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui/lablaw/tmwsum.html

• Effective July 24, 2009, the federal minimum wage increased to $7.25 an hour.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Intelligence Member

This ^^^ is common. At NN TR, we were paid no wage except for a $100.00 per week
    "Transition" allowance (same as INTERN mode in USA). Five of us were recruited in one
    month. Then, under threat of quitting, NN TR paid us minimum wage, but didn't pay
    us or ANY of the staff for weeks on end.

The above, having to pay $2,500, in my opinion, helps it appear like the Victim paid
    for a training/educational course, so as to circumvent Labour Laws. Governments
    and/or investigators, will see this for what it is - - Exploitation.

On most NN websites, they promote the aspect of returning an addict to "a productive member
    of society", when in effect, they are suppressing a student inside the cult for more indoctrination;
    calculating that if parents sponsors can afford the $30,000, plus another $2,500 for another
    Intern Course, etc, there is more money available - (RUBBING HANDS IN GLEE), - -

Not only are patients Exploited for free labour, but also for sexual favours. These are NOT isolated
    cases as the Cult will infer, but documented statements from several victims in several Narconons,
    including, Narconon Trois-Rivieres, Narconon Arrowhead, Narconon Colorado, Narconon Texas,
    and most probably many others. As Lawyer Gary Richardson said, "One death is an incident, two deaths
    are a coincident, but three or more are a trend." - -

I suggest the same applies to SEXUAL ABUSE AND ASSAULT.

As will become very clear in the next two weeks, many Narconon Staff; some COS Members and
    many Narconon Graduates on Staff, sexual predators are common at Narconon centers. SWORN
    statements (Affidavits), are now in the hands of investigators concerning this. Wish I could, but can't
    give details ,..., YET.

AND, we haven't addressed the FSM online FRAUD SCAMS yet, but we will in due course.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  35. Intelligence Member

A small sample of more details inside Narconon Arrowhead - - more to follow
    as they arrive. A Zoo/Circus, disguised as a Drug-Rehab! SO SAD :-(

29w32ja.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  36. Intelligence Member

GOAL: &quot;To get thousands of active Scientologists moving on the Bridge and paricipating in
    activities that get LRH TECH disseminated and delivered in the local community.&quot;

Interns being trained to deliver Scientology into the SECULAR community - - LOVE IT!

Very educational for the Intern :-(

52m55h.jpg
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Intelligence Member

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Woo Hah Member

Wonderful document!

Can you post the whole document, or advise where it is from?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  39. Woo Hah Member

Wonderful document!

1996 Flag Order, clearly stringing together
    • Scientology
    • Sea Org
    • Flag
    • ABLE . [ Association for Better Living and Education ]
    • Narconon
    • The Way To Happiness
    • Criminon
    Note:
    I/C = In Charge
    Cont = Continental

From Scientology Admin Dictionary:

FLAG PROJECT ORDER, issued on Flag
    to execute a target in a program. Like
    FPGMOs, FPJOs are issued on Flag for
    internal or external use. Distributed as designated.
    Numbered by area to which they
    apply. (HCO PL 24 Sept 70R) Abbr. FPJO.

40. Intelligence Member

Geeze, I don't know where all these Dox are coming from? Narconon is not controlled
    by Scientology ,..., is it? :)

zn8shj.jpg
    jij5dw.jpg
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2