Customize

Narconon Loiusianna's Crap Medical Claims

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by _You_, Dec 22, 2009.

1. _You_ Member

Narconon Loiusianna's Crap Medical Claims

Narconon LA has put out a press release making wildly inaccurate claims about benzo withdrawal at:

The Dangers of Benzodiazepine Addiction

I think they really crossed the line with this one.

Methinks this one is eminently harpoonable. Consumer complaints in LA can be sent to the Attorney General's Office at:

Office of the Louisiana Attorney General - James D. "Buddy" Caldwell

I sent in a complaint. Feel free to proxy-up, pick a name, and do the same.

You're complaint is against:

Narconon Louisianna
    35059 Bend Rd
    Denham Springs, LA 70706
    (225) 243-5047
  2. _You_ Member

Re: Narconon Loiusianna's Crap Medical Claims

And... fuck... apologies for the various misspellings of Louisiana. I'm tired :p
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

OK, cajunfags... git on it!!
  4. _You_ Member

5. _You_ Member

6. grebe Member

Wow. That is some serious stupid.

Saunas and excercise would be a mistake for anyone with a rapid heart rate, which is pretty typical for benzo withdrawl. Oh and then there are the seizures, heart attacks, and psychosis.

First DSHEA, then NCCAM, then changes to state licensing laws. And now Hubbard is just as good as science.

Enjoy your vitamins and magic water, America.
  7. ParanoidCT Member

As someone who is around this exact topic on a daily basis I can telll you that this is not a safe or effective way to detox off of a benzo (or alcohol.) The reason people withdrawl from benzos is because of the changes in the brain. Not in the body. Withdrawl symtoms can range from serious life threatening seizures to risk of heart attack. The way to get off them is to ween down slowly. A sauna can not and will not prevent a life threatening seizure. THIS IS NOT A SAFE OR EFFECTIVE WAY TO GET OFF OF THIS DRUG. YOU CAN DIE IF IT IS NOT DONE PROPERLY. I CANT BELIVE THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS SHIT.
  8. Memphis Member

narconon lousiana does not even detox benzo people coming in

they send all those people to a medical detox where they are detoxed on tranzene and some other drugs i believe

severe alcohol wd, benzo wd, all gets shipped out for a week or so and THEN into the withdrawal part of narconon for another 5-7 days.

they do not "handle" benzo withdrawal

i did my withdrawal at a local medical detox center before i went to narconon
  9. DeathHamster Member

Claims of proof:
    #2 "there are no additional cost involved regardless of program duration" O RLY?
    #3 "Our program is fully licensed and state certified." Licensed as what and which state?
    #4 70+% success. Dox! (The standard 70% figure proclaimed is an article of Scientology faith, not statistics.)
    #6. "Access" is a weasel word. By telephone?
    #10 is medically wrong.
  10. Herro Member

Lol play the lamest drinking game ever. Read that with a bunch of people and do a shot every time you stumble across bullshit or uncited claims. You'll be blacked out half way through the damn thing.
  11. timthephoto Member

pooned to consumerinfo@ag.state.la.us & drugpolicyinfo@ag.state.la.us

from Office of the Louisiana Attorney General - James D. "Buddy" Caldwell

http://fairgamestop.org/Narconon_Louisiana_Dec_2009_Press_Release.pdf