Customize

Narconon of Georgia surrenders license, avoids prosecution

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Sep 25, 2013.

1. anonysamvines Member

absolutely do I agree
    on their history
    and their continual reliance on those historically effective tactics.
    and that there are far too many eejits in the LE system

Some of the points you seem very reluctant to appreciate are

• that not only is the same now coming back to bite them on the ass
    • But the smart lawyers prosecuting and winning against Co$ ARE aware ( and have some extremely knowledgeable advisors helping in the background which weren't available at the time of the cases you so often cite) and work to pre-empt the same and to get Co$ to damn themselves when they can't - again see the original Desmond case for a prime example.
    • The courts are increasingly putting them on notice about the same, now those smart lawyers are managing to get legally admissible proof of the same (as opposed to inadmissable speculations along the lines of EVERYONE knows or should know this - we do a similar thing here when we ask for Dox plox. Indeed you yourself with your fantastic work on The Big List set a shining example - the courts have to do the same) - not only in individual cases (hi Mary) but also linking it across cases - proving habitual use means more pre-emptive strikes like this have the grounds upon which the court can grant them.
    • And the court is making Slappy and co pay their lolyers handsomely for the privilege of protecting this evidence from the actions of their own selves. And saving the courts from having to spend the money and costly space to do so!

Jeff must have done a bang up job since not only has there been no prosecutions so far on this evidence, but this decision now also sets a precedent which not only Jeff but other lawyers can use in more cases - and cases not involving this evidence.

That is massive!
    add to that if /when the Co$ and its bodies are declared vexatious litigants ....

Death by a thousand cuts is not instantaneous!

Even when Co$ implodes there will be plenty of mopping up to do. All those $cilons so well trained in Co$ tech let loose in Wog world without having to upline the $$$ ... going to be a lot more beau g types around. My cynicism doesn't allow me to think they will just turn over a new leaf on Co$'s or NN's eventual demise.

Ever thought about being skeptical about your dogmatic beliefs in your skepticism? it often is easily confused with sheer pessimism and defeatism.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. RightOn Member

ever think of not attacking me personally? You have done it more than once
    AGAIN
    If I exhibit "pessimism" (I won't agree with defeatism) towards COS when it comes to court dox, it is because of the cult's history with documents
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

I will give cake and internets to the Anon who calls this number, asks the right questions and gives the audio to DA Danny Porter. I suggest using Skype or a googlevoice number to ease recording of the conversation, of course.

Narconon of Georgia

5688 Peachtree Pkwy, Norcross, GA

(770) 379-0208
    • Like Like x 3
  4. ethercat Member

Not sure which specific agencies you were referring to, but there is a list of state licensing agencies for drug rehabs here (all states with an existing Narconon have an "N" in parentheses by it):
    http://narcononreviews.net/resource...facility/drug-rehab-licensing-state-agencies/

How to check credentials/certifications of staff members for all states: http://narcononreviews.net/resource...ug-or-alcohol-rehab/how-to-check-credentials/

A primer for open records requests: http://narcononreviews.net/resources/for-researchers/open-records-requests/
    • Like Like x 3
  5. JohnnyRUClear Member

Then there are the times when I see a "sentence" like this and suddenly alcoholism doesn't seem that bad.

"Add" is a verb. The noun you meant is "ad". They aren't synonyms; you're simply writing nonsense, and it will always be wrong, so you should correct your habit. (One of several reasons why you should is that this is a "tell" which can show up when you try to post anonymously.)

Your intent was low-toned, woggy, and suppressive. FLUNK.

FTR, I <3 both samvines and RightOn and will gladly have their Internet babies any time. (I will insist on teaching said babies correct Engrish, though.)
    • Like Like x 3

6. Georgia is not on the list of 2-party consent states. Here's more info, if you want to make sure your own state isn't on the list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_recording_laws#One-party_notification_states
    All-party notification states

[IMG] This section needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (July 2012)
    Twelve states currently require that all parties consent to the recording. These states are:
    • California[20]
    • Connecticut [21]
    • Florida[22]
    • Hawaii (in general a one-party state, but requires two-party consent if the recording device is installed in a private place)[21]
    • Illinois (debated, see next section)
    • Maryland[23]
    • Massachusetts [21]
    • Montana [24] (requires notification only)
    • Nevada [21]
    • New Hampshire[25]
    • Pennsylvania[26]
    • Washington[27]
    • Michigan
    One-party notification states

All other states (and the District of Columbia) not listed above require only that one party consent.
  7. Anonymous Member

I can't help thinking this whole narconon Ga agreement was done because Ga doesn't have the resources to figure out the whole RICO thing. So, the DA got them shut down quickly, which was his major concern, and kicked the whole messy investigation upstairs to the bigger boys, with bigger budgets and longer reaches. Otherwise, the deal just doesn't make sense to me.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. OTeleventy Member

FML. Internet issues. Which states laws do I abide? Calling from or calling to?
  9. BigBeard Member

For legal types:

If NN GA is turning in their license, does that mean they, or NN Int, has to notify the IRS to remove them from NN Int's Group Exemption Letter (GEN: 2595) and terminate their 501(c)3 status effective for 2013?

If so, IF they get their license back in a year, will they have to reapply for 501(c)3 status on their own? Or do they magically get relisted on NN Int's Group Exemption Letter (GEN: 2595)??

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Both, ideally. That means that you should call from a 1-party notification state to Georgia, which is also a 1-party notification state. Ideally, your call should come from inside of Georgia, but any 1-party notification state should do. IANAL.
  11. anonysamvines Member

aw you sweetie
    rebuke accepted - I<3 you too
    No internet babies from me - no objection to internet fucking however
    • Like Like x 1
  12. anonysamvines Member

thanks - once my brain is working again
  13. Anonymous Member

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/state-shuts-down-narconon-drug-rehab-after-ch-2-in/ncW8n/

Updated: 3:19 p.m. Monday, Dec. 30, 2013 | Posted: 10:33 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013

State shuts down Narconon drug rehab after Ch. 2 investigation exposed alleged fraud

By Jodie Fleischer

ATLANTA —

Narconon of Georgia announced it will close its doors and cease operating as part of an agreement to avoid criminal prosecution.

Attorneys for the embattled program had been fighting state revocation of the facility's license, and were scheduled for a hearing next week. Today they withdrew that appeal.

"I'm happy. I'm happy that it's no longer operating," said Mary Morton, who sent her daughter, Emily, to Narconon for treatment in 2012.

The Mortons paid in full for Emily's treatment, then months later noticed Narconon also billed their insurance company more than $166,000 for the same treatment. Some of the bills noted 'partial hospitalization', despite Narconon's outpatient license.

Two doctors whose license numbers were on the bills told investigative reporter Jodie Fleischer they never provided drug treatment or therapy, and never authorized Narconon to bill for those services.

Georgia's Insurance Commissioner launched a criminal investigation and in April agents raided Narconon's Norcross headquarters, seizing computers and boxes of paperwork.

For more than a year, Channel 2 Action News has been investigating the drug treatment program, initially revealing evidence it was operating a residential inpatient facility, even though it was only licensed for outpatient treatment.

That allegation came to light after patient Patrick Desmond died of a drug overdose while enrolled in the program, following a night of drinking with Narconon staff. Desmond was sentenced to a residential inpatient treatment program by a drug court in Florida and the court administrator said Narconon of Georgia's director assured her it was a long-term residential facility.

Morton says she was told the same thing.

"Somebody has to hold them liable," said Morton, "They need to change the laws. They need to have better measures of accountability."

Morton disagrees with a decision by Georgia's insurance commissioner and the Gwinnett County District Attorney to end the criminal investigation into the corporation, in exchange for Narconon shutting down.

"I think that's ridiculous. I think they should be prosecuted," said Morton, who like many families, was surprised to learn the program was affiliated with the Church of Scientology.

Much of Narconon's coursework and cornerstone sauna regiment are rooted in the teachings of Scientology founder, L. Ron Hubbard.

Narconon of Georgia's founder and executive director Mary Rieser resigned in January after Morton shared her story with Channel 2.

"I think that Georgia failed everyone in the state that believed there should be justice. That's just my opinion," said Morton of the non-prosecution agreement.

But Gwinnet County District Attorney Danny Porter said the criminal investigation is still pending.

"Narconon as a corporate entity has been relieved of criminal liability, but no individual has," said Porter.

Porter confirms he is also investigating allegations that Narconon staffers opened credit cards in the names of patients' family members without permission, and then bill tens of thousands of dollars for the program.
    • Like Like x 7
  14. RightOn Member

Dear Georgia
    please share your findings with Arrowhead Narconon.
    that is all

I can't believe the deal was that they closed down to avoid criminal prosecution? THEY BROKE THE LAW
    RAGE!
    "Investigation is still pending"
    well? dig bitches dig!
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Anonymous Member

The real update is the investigation index page, which has gotten a mild manner make-over. And the major articles in the series got their sidebar listings of related content tweaked a bit:

http://www.wsbtv.com/s/narconon/
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Ogsonofgroo Member

No kidding eh! *passes out shovels* At times like these, in such circumstances, I wish I had a big ol' gattling-poon-onna-pick-up-truck to drive up their asses to the investigative bodies.

'Paging Mr. Love, Mr. Love to the white courtesy phone please!'

(thanks for the update Anon above)

iya.
  17. Anonymous Member

This part is startling.
    This part inspires some hope, but not much.
    Now watching for the slimy weasels to pull a Per Wickstrom - new name, new premises, same con, same fraud.
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Ogsonofgroo Member

Wow, making the 'employees' take the bus-wheels?, never so not surprised.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JohnnyRUClear Member

Mixed news is mixed, but on net a Good thing. Yes, they might slither back into business, but that Narconon is CLOSED. That's one less sewerhole for hurting addicts to accidentally into, and thus an improved chance of getting real help.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Random guy Member

We're jaded. Just imagine the rounds of fapping this would have brought just a couple of years ago!
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

David Miscavige, CEO of the Scientology corporation which controls Narconon, has managed to throw the local employees under the bus and save himself once again.

The company is free from criminal prosecution, but the local people who ran it under his direct orders are not, and may go to jail in lieu of Miscavige.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. DeathHamster Member

Unbelievable. They managed to get a sweet deal where Narconon itself was off the hook, just employees maybe possibly, and it return they'd close. And then they were fighting the closing part of the deal long after they lost.

This is why compromising, "being reasonable" or having "an understanding" with Narconon and Scientology in general never works. Set what you want down in careful legal documents and smack the crap out of them the moment that they deviate from it. Compromise and "being reasonable" are practically curse-words in Scientology.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. RightOn Member

well I hope they sing like canaries
    They were following orders from SOMEONE. and That SOMEONE was following orders from SOMEONE.
    They didn't get a job there and decide to bilk insurance companies on their own.
    And all the other illegal crap they did.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. OTeleventy Member

But, but!!, corporations are people, too! (see, Citizens United).

...yeah, right. They're only "people" when it suits them to be people. This does make me angry. I'm tired of them hurting the most fragile amongst us.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. mongrel Member

Well, I don't know about you, but........

YgFO5.gif
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

We did that back in September, when it was actually NEW news. The story that got recently bumped was not new info. It only had its "last updated" date changed because the related content on the sidebar was tweaked to tie into the cosmetic changes done to the investigation index page.

27. JohnnyRUClear Member

Yeah, I figured that out later. Short attention span me has a sho--hey, I wonder what's new now....
  28. RightOn Member

what?
    Four dots Johnny?
    "The most common form of an ellipsis is a row of three periods or full stops (. . .) or a precomposed triple-dot glyph (). The usage of the em dash (—) can overlap the usage of the ellipsis. The Chicago Manual of Style recommends that an ellipsis be formed by typing three periods, each with a space on both sides."

Man that felt good!
    /derail
    • Like Like x 6
  29. JohnnyRUClear Member

Yeah, I had a dot too many. Also, unless that's meant as a nickname for me, you forgot your vocative comma, sweetie.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Anonymous Member

Too late! You're now our beloved Four Dots Johnny :)
    • Like Like x 3
  31. RightOn Member

vocative this sweety
    <3
    • Like Like x 1