Customize

Narconon SoCAl

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Narconon SoCAl

It appears Narconon lied to the IRS and the San Diego County Department of Land Use(DPLU).
    The Major Use Permit was not approved until December 2002 and due to conditions that Narconon had to satisfy prior to opening , they received final approval February 6, 2003.
    From Narconon Southern California Form 990 year 2001, notice operating one facility.
    2001tax.jpg.gif
    From Narconon Southern California Form 990 year 2002, notice operating two facilities
    2002tax-2.jpg.gif
    From San Diego County Department of Planning and Land Use (DPLU)
    http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv16/atsah1/DPLU.jpg
    From San Diego County of Department of Planning and Land Use (DPLU)
    DPLU1.jpg.gif
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Narconon SoCAl

Let me paraphrase to make sure I understand...

In 2001, they reported to the IRS they had one facility.
    In 2002, they reported to the IRS they had two facilities.

However, they didn't receive the occupancy permit to the second facility until 2003?
  3. Anonymous Member

Correct, the Major Use Permit was granted in December 2002 with conditions to be completed prior to opening.
    I do not know how to edit the post, if the mods will delete the first post I’ll repost with all the info
  4. Anonymous Member

Narconon Southern California: Analysis of the 990 filings

5. RightOn Member

"well-managed and charity"

are two words that should never be used to describe Narconon
  6. Anonymous Member

In the year 2001 Narconon SoCal had one facility which graduated 61 individuals; in 2002 they graduated approximately 220. Narconon SoCal Newport has a resident capacity of 27, if you use their 3 month tour of torture (max number of clients they could process per year) = 4 months x 27 = 108 clients that could graduate from that facility per year.

Narconon’s 2002 form 990 says they now have two facilities and have graduated approximately 220, 220-108 = 112, so 112 individuals graduated from their second facility. The Major Use Permit for the second facility was not approved until December 2002, and they did not open until 2003.
    Question, where did the 112 individuals graduate from?
  7. Optimisticate Member

Motel 6.
  8. Re: Narconon SoCAl

Correct!
  9. AnonyMary Member

Deleted incorrect facility data
  10. Re: Narconon SoCAl

Narconon does so much more harm than good bilking "patients" and their families out of Approx. $30,000.00 (paid in full and in advance) for very basic to poor accomodations, awful medical staff, and barely any properly trained drug counsellors which is not part of the program anyways.

Narconon courses are all Scientology courses or programs including the Purification rundown ( 5 hours a day in sauna, absurd amounts of niacin and vitamins, 3 hours a day doing crazy LRH comm. courses) for over 30 straight days.

It's a medically dangerous, unadulterated form of Quackery which quickly drains much needed financial support from families of the addicted.

Narconon is ALL Scientology and they blatantly lie and mislead people about their succes rates, claiming ridiculous success rates of over 75% in their ads. 30 grand for this, what a disgrace with money flowing into the "church" through licensing fees, materials, recruits buying courses.

The success rate of all addicts attending and paying for Narconon the 30 grand in full is nowhere near their phony claim of more than 75%, reports have placed the figure at under 20% of all paying patients which is far more likely.

For the families of addicts, many are teens who may have started with oxycontin after an injury, end up hooked on opiates after injury heals. These kids end up buying and using heroin because of the 75 dollar a pill street price for oxycontin. People don't realize it's all Scientology until after enrollment and Narconon has already been paid in full.

The addict gets blamed for any exit from the program.

In one part of the country, we lost approx 500 soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan from 2001 through 2005.

In the same period, the same part of the country lost approx 3,500 kids of the same age to opiates.

It's a shame how this Narconon program takes so much from families of addicts, all charge cards maxed with great promises of helping these kids.

Narconon: All Scientology scamming bullshit which rakes in millions for Scientology and DOES NOT do what it claims, another fraud.
  11. Anonymous Member

I stand to be corrected but if you look at Form 990 2004 page 13 - Form990, Part IV, Line 64B – Additional Information Security Provider by borrower (3) Real Estate Purchase of Rainbow Canyon Ranch Facility also on same document you will see Page 21 Federal Asset Report Form 990, Page 1 Other 31 Buildings – Rainbow 10/15/04 $1,891,597.00
    If you look at their 2003 report Rainbow is not listed, Rainbow did not happen until 2004.
    The property for Narconon San Diego (Warner Springs) was purchased in 2001 maybe before and was sold to the planning commission and the board of supervisors as a needed overflow for the Newport facility, San Diego Barb attended those hearings and should be able to confirm.
    Added point, various citizens in the Warner community commented on Narconon operating prior to their Major Use Permit (MUP)
  12. Anonymous Member

Sorry post #11 is ment for post #9

Me Stupid!!
  13. Anonymous Member

14. AnonyMary Member

Here are the links to the approvals and history of their permits
    8.1.0 - KIVA System
    8.1.0 - KIVA System
  15. AnonyMary Member

On the Narconon Nevada purchase, You are correct on the return data , I mistook the lenders. My bad. My new motto: never post when exhausted

Permit Summary

Never the less, Warner Springs Narconon had Building use approval in 2002:

Permit: 3300 01-020
    Description: MAJOR USE PERMIT
    Project:
    narconon
    Issued: 05-Oct-2001 Completed: 11-Dec-2002
    Decision: APPROVED
    Expiration: Next Renewal:
    Location Desc.:

(SEE LONG DETAILS OF ALL HISTORY OF THIS PERMIT TO 2008)

8.1.0 - KIVA System

Permit Summary

Permit: 2300 01-020
    Description: DPW MAJOR USE APPLICATION REVIEW
    Project:
    narconon
    Issued: 12-Mar-2002 Completed:
    Decision:
    Expiration: Next Renewal: 12-Mar-2002
    Location Desc.:

Permit Manager
    Permit Name:
    Lead Person: KBRAZEPW - BRAZELL,KEN
    Default Inspector:
    Issued Date: 12-Mar-2002 Expiration Date:
    Desc. Status:
    Renew Eff. Date: CEQA Status:
    Difficulty: Renewable:

Parcel Information
    Address APN
    35025 SR-79 114-140-19-00 GIS Parcel

Scope of Work
    Warner Springs T. B. 409:K-7 35025 State Hwy 79

Applicant Information
    Company:
    Applicant: NARCONON SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, INC
    Representative:
    Title:
    Address: 1810 W OCEAN FRONT

City / State / ZIP: NEWPORT BEACH, CA, 92663
    Work Phone: Extension:
    Home Phone: FAX:
    E-Mail:

Contact Information
    Company:
    Name: HALE ENGINEERING
    Representative: MARK L. HENNING
    Title: CONTACT
    Address: 7840 CONVOY CT

City / State / ZIP: SAN DIEGO, CA, 92111
    Work Phone: Extension:
    Home Phone: FAX:
    E-Mail:

Permit Owner
    Name: NARCONON SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, INC
    Address: 1810 W OCEAN FRONT
    City / State / ZIP: NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92663
    Phone: FAX:
    E-Mail:

Professionals / Contractors
    HALE ENGINEERING
    7840 CONVOY COURT Phone:
    SAN DIEGO, CA 92111
    RCE - REGISTERED CIVIL ENGINEER
    License: 58007 Expires: 30-Jun-2010

Structure Classification
    Initial Value: $0.00 Calculated Value: $0.00
    Standard Plan: Public Project: NO
    # of Structures: # of Res. Units:
    Total Floor Area: 0
    Model:
    Occupancy Group Construction Type Structure Class
    None attached.
    None attached.
    None attached.

Quantity Group: MISC INFO - MAJOR USE
    Detail Code Quantity Rate Unit Value Y/N Date Code
    TEAM ORG (SERVICER ORG) 0.00 $0.00

Fees
    Fee Code Description Fee Amount Amount Due
    2MAJUREV MAJOR USE PERMIT REVIEW (DEPOSIT) $1,200.00 $0.00
    Total: $1,200.00 $0.00

Conditions of Approval
    Seq. Condition Description Status
    There are no conditions for this application.

Inspections
    Inspection Result Completed Date Completed By Schedule CORR N
    O C
    There is no Inspection information available for this application

Activities
    Description Assigned Est. Completion Target End Decision Decision Date
    There is no activity information available for this application.

Comments
    There is no comment information available for this application.
    Utility Clearances
  16. Anonymous Member

You are correct, they did receive their Major Use Permit in 2002 but it was in December of 2002 and they still had conditions they had to meet prior to opening.
    There were three hearings for the Major Use Permit; two were with the Planning Commission (PC) and one with the County Board of Supervisors. The first PC hearing required the county staff to clarify some issues that were raised during the meeting that was in September 2002. The second meeting, conditions were placed on how the facility could operate and the Major Use Permit was approved by the Planning Commission October 2002. The Planning Commission decision was appealed to the County Board of Supervisors and they approved the Major Use Permit in December 2002. Due to appeal the Major Use Permit approved in November was not in effect.
    There were several conditions Narconon had to address in order to operate; according to the county those conditions were addressed on February 6, 2003 (see first post last document). February 6, 2003 is the first day they could legally treat clients at Warner Springs.
    A few comments from the KIVA site:
    Entered By: mmayxxpl -
    Date: 14-Aug-2002
    based on verbal from resource, projct placed tentatively on 9/6/02 Planning Commission agenda
    Entered By: cjonespl -
    Date: 20-Sep-2002
    Tentatively approved by the PC; Staff is to return on 10/18/02 with the proper FOD.
    Entered By: sdoylepl -
    Date: 21-Oct-2002
    Project Approved at PC on October 18, 2002 with revisions to groundwater conditions
    Entered By: sdoylepl –
    Date: 11-Dec-2002
    Appeal denied at BOS, Item #1. NOE filed immediately after.
  17. xenubarb Member

I talked to their neighbor, who said they already had students installed prior to getting the green light. He'd had to build a fence up a hill behind his house because the students were hiking up there to smoke, and it's a fire hazard. Nice neighbors, those Narconons!

(but they will ferret out the local church and offer to paint some outbuildings...and join the volunteer fire department)
  18. Anonymous Member

And donate $2000.00 to the church.
  19. Anonymous Member

I am researching Narconon Southern California and their three facilities, can someone provide me info on Narconon Nevada (occupancy rate) and where to find info.
    Thanks
  20. TomVorm Member

Narconon Nevada is located near Caliente, which is in Lincoln County, Nevada.
    I haven't found a physical address ("6 miles Southwest of Caliente"), to match a given location (HCR 64 BOX 15. CALIENTE, NV 89008), so it might require some local inquiries at County offices or a drive South on state highway 317 to find their specific property.

A map appears online at the bottom of this page
    http://www.successful-drugrehab.org/our_facility.html

The County Seat itself is in Pioche, Nevada (a few hour's drive North from Las Vegas, on a heavily-patrolled US highway that has speed traps and routinely searches out-of-state vehicles using K-9 units)
    The County's website is at Official Website for Lincoln County, Nevada
    They have listings there for a Building Department, and other functions that may have information.

There may also be some form of registration with the state of Nevada, which has its headquarters in Carson City. You may have to ask around to learn which specific department of the state has oversight of substance-abuse rehabilitation programs.

Nevada Dept of Health & Human Services
    Nevada Division of Mental Health and Developmental Services - Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Agency

Interesting allegations and important details (like names of state agencies to contact) also appear here

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17125312/Complaint-vs-Narconon-Nevada-Narconon-Southern-California-2009

Corporate filings for Narconon Nevada included names tied to Narconon Newport Beach, such as Larry Trahant and Julie Bryant.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/19462753/Narconon-Nevada-Narconon-So-Cal-Revoked-NV-Corp
  21. Anonymous Member

Thank you TomVorm.
  22. AnonyMary Member

Re: Narconon SoCal & Nevada

Anyone who was attended the Narconon NV facility, please contact KLAS-TV news reporter Nathan Baca 1-702-408-7777
  23. Anonymous Member

AnonyMary, TomVorm how do I contact you outside this forum?
  24. Anonymous Member

you can send a private message by clicking on their nic
  25. Anonymous Member

I have no idea what a "nic" is but by using the word clicking, I think I figured it out. Question, what does nic imply?? I'm kinda an old fart be gentle with me...
  26. Intelligence Member

Someone may be speaking out very soon about California Narconon's and especially Narconon International. Eduardo ;-)
  27. Intelligence Member

Re: Narconon SoCal & Nevada

Amen. That IS the most important thing ;-)
  28. AnonyMary Member

Hi, just go to Tom Vorm and my posts one at a tiem, click our name. Then click 'send an email' or 'send a private message' to contact us individually.
  29. xenubarb Member

'Nic' is short for 'nickname,' or 'nym.'

My name isn't really Xenubarb, you see.