Customize

Narconon trial, Pavlodar, Kazakhstan

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by mnql1, Oct 24, 2009.

1. mnql1 Member

Narconon trial, Pavlodar, Kazakhstan

Translation of an article in Russian on zakon.kz, a website which specializes in information about legislation and legal developments in Kazakhstan.

Pavlodar City, Kazakhstan, is the capital of Pavlodar Province, located on the northern border of Karaganda Province.

For background information in English, dated Dec. 4, 2008: Without the right treatment
  2. WTF Member

Re: Narconon trial, Pavlodar, Kazakhstan

borat-mankini-62408-1.jpg
  3. Anonymous Member

I like that the Kazakh government is cracking down on Narconon for illegally treating people and illegal business practices - I do not like that they're also adding on the argument that they're part of a strange foreign religion. It would be best that they, and Russia, just stops treating non-religions like Scientology as if they were religions.
  4. HellRazor Member

Pwned.
  5. amaX Member

Excellent!
  6. Tofuman666 Member

7. pooks Member

Great News! Thanks for posting.
  8. Anonymous Member

The downfall of scientology as they retreat to the badlands will be the conflict between sending every spare kopeck back to the mothership, and the need to bribe the non-cultist officials...
  9. JohnnyRUClear Member

Such a nice facepalmy cross-cultural FAIL.

[IMG]
  10. FUCK Member

Glad to see countries crack down on this shit.
  11. mnql1 Member

Translation of the Russian transcript of a video report (in Russian) on the trial of the director of Narconon in Pavlodar, Kazakhstan

The photograph below shows the defendant, Evgeniya Tarkhanova, and her attorney (the defendant’s mother), Tatiana Tarkhanova.

pavlodar20091026.jpg

12. JohnnyRUClear Member

<-------- would hit defendant

If they can locate the real perp, he'll probably have this dox on him:

13. mnql1 Member

Translation of an article in Russian on kt.kz, the website of the Kazakhstan Today news agency.

*The fine is 900 MCI (Monthly Calculated Indexes), 1 MCI = 1,273 tenge, $1 US = 148.75 tenge.
  14. timthephoto Member

inB4 appeal & lengthy clam BAAAAWWWW
  15. _You_ Member

Keep us posted .
    Thanks.
  16. mrfyde Member

A comment from a Kazakhstan citizen.

17. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Aah, sweet justice :)

Someone care to poon the Aussies with this? No, not me. I'm going to bed.
  18. _You_ Member

It's not 100% nice. Of course, they are correct in cracking down on deceptive and illegal "therapy" practices - but they share with Russia the idea that "foreign" religions shouldn't be allowed. I'm not so sure what I think about that.
  19. _You_ Member

who is talking about religions ?
  20. Ann O'Nymous Member

That's over 9000% nice.
  21. Ogsonofgroo Member

Known many such sorts over the years, never, ever, seen 'voluntary donations' from an addict lol.
    I know what they are trying to say, which is bullshit anyway (cos that is), but the fact that NarCONon in any country is all based on the same premise~ Pay huge bucks for a mind fuck, if it works its just shear luck sherlock!
    Hope they get their collective asses handed to them, seems liek I shall be firing some 'poons to the partehs involved.
    One of the biggest scilon selling points is curing shit with LRH 'tech'. We know its entirely crap, but many don't. Sometimes its the level of education too I think, liek if a bunch of perty white folk in clean yellow spiffy VM shits hit rural Mud-hut Africa promising riches and power, etc, not hard to pull a scam there, I think they (Cos) should go to Nigeria and do some work there as it is a Capital of Corruption (coc), They'd get along quite well ther I believe, birds of a feather an'all , with the 419 scammers, except for one thing............. Co$ is founded on the master teaching of one of the ultimate cons.
    Good fucking Gord, can yu even imagine Lron 'tech' getting into the hands of some of the totally twisted 419 scammers? It'd be an even worse nightmarre than already exists!

Scientology's initial courses, how to decieve, how to lie, how to hide your emotions, how to manipulate, how to choose victims, how to milk them, how to be rid of them, and so much more, is a 'tech' that every government on the planet with any care for their populace should be protecting and warning their citizens about imho.

LRon, the ultimate con, put togther a fearful package on how to corrupt and malign, manipulate and reap; pillage without conscience and (hopefully for them) being discovered.

They run from the light, and follow an illusion, because they have been told that the light they have is brighter, when all they ultimaely get is a dim. wet match on a rainy day, lighting a wet pile of poo.

*sigh* I feel beter nao.

:)
  22. _You_ Member

Kazakhstan and Russia, etc. When Russia lost to Scientology in the ECHR, it was not because the ECHR has recognized Scientology as a religion, but because Russia claims Scientology is a religion and then proceeded to discriminate against it for being foreign.
    Norway, Denmark, Germany, the UK and other countries who just treat Scientology as the non-religion it is, are doing fine.
  23. Anonynamefag Member

GREAT_SUCCESS.png
  24. _You_ Member

and any other news, shit is about the hit the fan somewhere else on the planet for narconon.
  25. _You_ Member

26. bastet Member

I love kazakhastan fuck you uzbekistan
  27. mnql1 Member

The video below appeared (in Russian) on the website of stan.tv on October 26, 2009, shortly after the head of Narconon in Pavlodar, Kazakhstan went on trial for illegal business activity. This is the video mentioned in post #11 of this thread. The video is now on YouTube with English subtitles. It shows the key actors in the trial, the courthouse, and footage recorded when the financial police seized material from Narconon. The video lasts only 2 minutes and its pace is quite rapid.

28. _You_ Member

I can't believe I missed this story. There's just been so much happening during the last few weeks.
  29. Belladonna Member

30. AnonyMary Member

Thanks for sharing about this Very Big Win. It is, however, sad that the cult is letting them pin it all on this young girl when you know there are others involved who are in hiding. The court should just ban Narconon and put her on a long probation with (real) community service hours.
  31. auchraw Member

This is lovely. How do people find these things?? Full of WIN.

I haven't found where it says that the Kazaks are treating Dianetics like 'an undesirable foreign religion'. Just the contrary:

This is smart. They are attacking Narconon because what it DOES is against the law, just the way the French did. Nothing to do with what anyone BELIEVES.

It is surely unwise of Tatiana Tarkhanova to argue that her daughter was just a tool in the hands of an illegal organisation.
  32. JohnnyRUClear Member

Agreed.

Why? What if that's the truth? Maybe li'l miss hotpants has figured out it's a scam and is GingTFO. (Hey, I can dream.)
  33. Old Bomber Member

Narconon Khazakstan

This may be old news, but it was on the front page of ZAKON.KZ today.

In Pavlodar trial over the head of the rehabilitation center "Narconon"

According to the investigation, it illegally treated drug addicts. In addition, the organization was suspected of close links with the center of "Dianetics", to promote the teaching of the church "Scientology".

At this, according to police, said the religious literature that was seized during the search, as well as more than 1000 profiles in patients with marked "Confidential" and about 200 packages of illicit drugs in Kazakhstan. But the director of "Narconon" appeared in court only for illegal business activities. The Center has worked without a license, and money for treatment made as donations of drug addicts and alcoholics. One course of "purification" addicts treated in three hundred thousand tenge. Just a few months of profit public fund amounted to about six million tenge, say police.

Igor Kazantsev

Old Bomber
  34. _You_ Member

Re: Narconon Khazakstan

Do you have the URL that links to this story on ZAKON.KZ? I went there and looked for it, but couldn't find it.
  35. WTF Member

Cool story, comradski!

[IMG]
  36. mnql1 Member

Here is the link: Russian article on zakon.kz, dated Oct. 24, 2009. The article is translated in the OP. There is a YouTube video about the trial in an earlier post in this thread.

The verdict was reported on Nov. 25.
  37. mnql1 Member

Translated by Anonymous from a Russian article on the website of Kazakhstan Today, February 4, 2010:

Kazakhstan Today ?????????????? ?????????

38. Belladonna Member

Just in case the original story wasn't weird enough, there's always something weirder:

------------------
    I wish we had more information about whether this is still going on in Colombia - and where else did we hear about it? Guatemala.
  39. rof Member

My pelvic radar is tingling.

I <3 Pelvidar!
  40. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice and thanks for the translations.