Customize

Narconon UK: project to remove charitable status

Discussion in 'Narconon' started by RolandRB, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Dragononymous Member

Fraud.
    • Like Like x 3
  2. whitesand Member

According to Tory Cristman, that is exactly what happened to her (she has said in her videos that she has epilepsy). Her mother was able to intervene with her to get her back on medication.

Here is a link to the 30 second video that was on Ortega's blog yesterday. It is part of the speech DM gave in 2012 at the LRH Bday festivities, bragging about how Narconons are expanding all over the globe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RolandRB Member

Thank you! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

When you get this information for the Charity Commission we'll do 2 0ther shorter versions at the same time:
    - One for a Press release at and one for an information pack for all relevant UK government ministers.

- we should hit all 3 with the information at the same time.
  5. Anonymous Member

Very interesting angle - where would we be able to get lists of donors from?
  6. Anonymous Member

Can someone update me on exactly which scientology front groups have charitable status in the UK? Journalist interested already.
  7. Anonymous Member

Pretty much all of them, as far as I know. Scientology is far worse than octopus, many tentacles.
  8. RolandRB Member

Slightly off-topic for this thread but tell your journalist this - that for the business rates relief thing then a civil servant emerged from the woodwork to spend many hours of his time to improve the documentation to help hit the target and then slid back into obscurity again on the understanding that their identities would never get known. I scrubbed my laptop for this. Not a trace can be found. And because I am a bit old then I can be forgiven for forgetting any name details.

Anonymous is not just an unled bunch of hacktivists. Every person with a government job is potentially a member of the Anonymous movement. Anonymous gives them the opportunity to strke a blow against corruption or injustice and to use their skills in drafting such a blow whilst doing so Anonymously.
    • Like Like x 3
  9. RolandRB Member

All the ABLE controlled groups have charitable status in the UK. It helps give them influence in society and the reach to get new recruits. There is Criminon, Narconon, The Way to Happiness Foundation and Applied Scholastics.

I think in the UK they just have three branches of Narconon plus the one branch of Criminon.

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/

Charities matching your search ...

Your search for 'criminon' has found 1 charity.
    Click on the link provided to view the charity's details.

Registered NumberCharity name
    1098120 CRIMINON UNITED KINGDOM Registered
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RolandRB Member

Not sure how many of these "ABLE" groups are linked to Scientology but ABLE = Association for Better Living and Education:

Charities matching your search ...

Your search for 'ABLE' has found 16 charities which are shown below.
    Click on the link provided to view a charity's details or click New Search to try again.

Registered NumberCharity name
    282708 ABLE (ACTION FOR A BETTER LIFE) Removed
    1068536 ABLE (ACTION FOR A BETTER LIFE) Registered
    1044278 ABLE ADVOCACY Removed
    1044010 ABLE BODIED AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED CLUB Removed
    1138644 ABLE FOUNDATION Registered
    1114955 ABLE KIDZ Registered
    1117976 ABLE TO LEARN TRUST Registered
    286826 ABLECARE HOMES TRUST Registered
    326859 ABLECHILDAFRICA Registered
    1121185 ABLEONE Removed
    1018484 ABLETT TESTIMONIAL FUND Removed
    1072926 ANGLO-BANGLADESHI LINK (ABLE) Removed
    1107580 ASSOCIATION OF BRITISH-NIGERIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS (ABLE) Registered
    1126871 FAMILY PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES LIMITED Registered
    1039528 THE ABLE CLUB (ACTIVE BLIND LEISURE ENTHUSIASTS) Registered
    1118713 THE ABLECHILD TRUST Registered
  11. Anonymous Member

all the Able listed ones look kosher/nothing to do with scientology cult.
    These, however are cult front groups:
    Registered Number
    Charity name

Registered
    Registered
    Registered

Registered Number
    Charity name

Registered

If anyone can find any more UK charities that are scientology front groups please post details - thank you.

If we're going to take down Narconon we may as well do the fucking lot while we're at it.
  12. Anonymous Member

Poons required for the following?

Googled “Citizens commission on human rights charity”.

CCHR is not a registered charity in the UK but is listed under 'charities and voluntary organisations' in various local directories (Thomsonlocal.com etc) - and also ifindcharities.com - leading people to believe it is not for profit. This is just from google page one - there may be more:

http://www.ifindcharities.co.uk/East-Grinstead/Citizens-Commission-On-Human-Rights-RH19-86197/
    http://www.thomsonlocal.com/Citizens Commission On Human Rights/0288404801401702010/companyinfo.html
    http://www.upmystreet.com/findmynea...4B-charities-and-voluntary-organisations.html
    http://www.misterwhat.co.uk/company/520029-citizens-commission-on-human-rights-east-grinstead
  13. Anonymous Member

also scientology run:
    Registered Number
    Charity name

Registered

14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

nice find. I've tried various scientology front group keywords (able, happiness, scholastics, drug free, sterling, etc.) on both sites but can't immediately find an obvious link between the cult and any more listed charities

- anyone have a go if you've got some time.
  17. yellowperil Member

Narconon Scotland are based in ayrshire cant remember whereabouts but last time i checked they had no income??? ut were still able to operate.
    An Edinburgh homeless charity member told me that they do operate in the capital but was not sure if they came from the org or not.
  18. Anonymous Member

Narconon and Criminon's charity status must be a great aid to them operating without question or scrutiny on boards and at events. I know people who have heard of them through respectable human rights work and they had no idea they were linked to scientology.
  19. Dott Member

This needs to change. Education works and it helps people think.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

When I first heard of Narconon about 2 months ago, I thought it was Narc Anon, or a shortened form of Narcotics Anonymous, and not Scientology related.
  21. I think that is true of most people and is probably why the name Narconon was chosen by LRH or whomever.
  22. Anonymous Member

Yep. That's how front groups work.

So far we have these scientology organisations that have been granted charitable status for tax purposes in the UK:

Registered Number
    Charity name
    Registered
    Registered
    Registered

Registered Number
    Charity name
    Registered
    and also:
    Narconon Scotland (SC033877), possibly dormant as no income is listed for the last 4 years:
    http://www.oscr.org.uk/search-charity-register/charity-extract/?charitynumber=SC033877

Registered
  23. DeathHamster Member

Narcotics Anonymous (1953) was a legitimate spin-off from AA, and as part of the agreement couldn't use NarcAnon name.

There was also Synanon (1958), which was a bastard AA split-off, gradually added cult stuff, tried to make the jump to church, failed and an heroed.

I'm sure that Hubbard himself deliberately picked the Narconon (1966) name to cause confusion.
  24. I think they did the same thing with "Applied Scholastics" so it would be mistaken/confused with the children's educational publisher "Scholastic".
  25. RolandRB Member

If anyone wants to come up with a design for the letter to be sent into the CC E+W then go ahead. I am busy working on a nightmare sas program with condensed SQL everywhere and it is taking up all my time and leaving me worn out in the evenings.
  26. RolandRB Member

27. RolandRB Member

28. RolandRB Member

Narconon UK (sci link):
    http://www.drugrehab.co.uk/

© Copyright 2011 Narconon London. Narconon and the Narconon logo are trademarks and service marks owned by the Association for Better Living and Education International and are used with its permission.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. HellRazor Member

If you were to follow the David Love model in Quebec, Canada, getting Narconon centres shut down is as good as (or better than) getting their charity status revoked. Getting them shut down = no money coming in from students (getting charity status revoked means $$$ still coming in, just more laundered to get to COS).

David Love had a lot of insider info:

1) He complained to the Human Rights tribunal that patients' human rights were being violated and patients were being exploited.

2) He complained about unsafe practices at Narconon, backed up by reports of patients ending up in local hospitals.

3) He got Narconon's doctor reprimanded by the College of Physicians (doctors' self-regulating body) and effectively barred any Quebec doctor from associating with Narconon.

In the end, it was the local health authority which told Narconon to GTFO because they weren't going to be licensed because of the above problems and quackery.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. RolandRB Member

I am going purely for the charitable status angle.

What I want to do is to write to the CC and say that Narconon in the UK is a false front of the Church not set up for charitable intentions but rather to gain recruits into Scientology. But I will need good documentary evidence for that and so far I do not have it.
    • Like Like x 3
  31. Dragononymous Member

And this evidence could help me too for the similair thig i'm trying to do over here at the moment.
    As they probably use the same methods and therefor the same mistakes.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. I am still looking.

http://www.lermanet.com/frontgroups.html
    http://www.xenu.net/archive/infopack/9.htm
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  33. RolandRB Member

34. RolandRB Member

"Drug Free Lives" sounds good but of course it could also be interpreted as eschewing prescribed medication which is not good as if they have access to children then it may influence some children to stop taking their prescribed medication such as an anti-epilepsy drug. Do we know if they are doing this in schools? If so then this is dangerous because the advice they give on drugs is not based on science.

We probably won''t get the information of what they are saying to schools but maybe we can infer it from prescription medication being withheld for those on the Narconon detox so we need as many instances of this that can be backed up by documentary evidence.

It's starting to take shape. It would be lovely if they lost their charitable status for their drug free stance. :)

Of course, when the work is all done, it could be used all over the world to remove their charitable status where they have it. Then they will get less people on the Bridge and lose some of their status as a reform group and thereby attract less new recruits.
  35. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Stop-Narconon/Documents/soco-memos.html
    • Like Like x 1
  36. RolandRB Member

The above sounds too honest. I prefer the GO letter.
  37. RolandRB Member

Now what I need, complete with references, is a list of occassions where prescription drugs were withheld from people on the Narconon program and if there was any bad outcome to it.

I am keeping this very specific. My aim if to show that Narconon going into schools might put children off taking their prescription drugs and that therefore it is not for the public benefit.
  38. I agree, the link has the GO letter also and:
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Stop-Narconon/Documents/soco-memos.html
  39. Zak McKracken Member

Intelligence has many.
    Do you need a list of occasions in the UK?