Customize

Narconons Christian rehabilitation programme WTF!

Discussion in 'Media' started by Sekee, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Sekee Member

Narconons Christian rehabilitation programme.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BigBeard Member

Sounds more like Narcotics Anonymous/NA than NarCONon. Wonder if someone made a typo?

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sekee Member

The links from that page take you to a Narconon site. Defenatley Narconon.
  4. DeathHamster Member

From their site:
    Code:
    http://www.freedomdrugrehab.com/addiction-treatment/christian-addiction-treatment/
    Well, that's a special new kind of low for them. I'm sort of impressed.
    • Like Like x 6
  5. You can tell I'm Christian because Christian I say Christian a Christian lot.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. CarterUSP Member

This makes me sick to my stomach.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. yoshiyoyo Member

And of course they did not leave out there faithful 70% success rate! Would not be a scam without it.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. DeathHamster Member

It's right in the title of the page.
  9. yoshiyoyo Member

like i said they did NOT leave it out fml
  10. BigBeard Member

Interesting they claim to be a Christian based 12-step program. All of the 12-step programs I'm aware of have 12 steps and 12 traditions, most of which completely contradict NarCONon's way of doing business. Wonder if claiming to be 12-step and using NarCONon's sauna/vitamin bomb quackery instead opens them up to a false advertising claim?

These are the real Narcotics Anonymous/NA 12-Steps/Traditions, which are similar to the steps/traditions used by other 12-step programs:

Somehow I just don't see any NarCONon program living up to this, in particular the ANONYMOUS part of it. I also suspect Steps 6, 7, 11, 12 and Traditions 3, 6, 10, and 11 would go out the window pretty fast.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

Wow a NEW 4th level, Narconon must really be hurting to go trolling for Christians; I guess you are out of luck if your faith is different than Christianity.
    Looks like they have a lot of web pages to change and what about their 501 (c) 3 exemption?
    From the article:
    However, many of the addiction treatment and recovery centers do not have success rates that are worth bragging about because they still focus on only the physical aspects of an individual’s addiction.
    From Narconons websites:
    Although there is absolutely nothing wrong with the ideas used by this type of program and many people have become sober through it, the addict must overcome large obstacles by placing his fate in the hands of a Higher Power without doing anything to tackle the physical side of the addiction. http://www.drugsno.com/narconon-drug-rehab-center/drug-rehab-program/
    All of our centers are 501(c)3 status ( This means non-religous and not for profit ) While we encourage spirituality and make Church trips available to our students on Sunday , They are optional and not part of the curricullum.All of our centers are result based . http://tulsadrugrehabcenters.com/
    The program doesn’t use prescription drugs, nor does it use the 12-steps program or any religious faith. Instead, the program uses a dry-sweat sauna detox that gets rid of residues from drugs such as marijuana, cocaine and LSD that stay in fatty tissues and can go into the blood stream causing cravings and drug effects. http://narcononvistabay.hubpages.com/hub/Alternative-Drug-Treatment-Method-Stops-Cravings-Vista-Bay-Santa-Cruz
    Almost all if not all of their websites make some comments about how ineffective the 12 step program is compared to their secular program.
  12. Anonymous Member

Doesn't the Catholic pope own the copyright to the word "Christian"?

I see a copyright infringement lawsuit in the Scientlogy corporation's future.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. DeathHamster Member

Maybe that'll be Alfreddie Johnson's new gig?
  14. whitesand Member

The original website this article appeared on, transworldnews.com, is a for-profit, self-promotional type of business. It's not news in any sense of the word.

One year of unlimited web & newsroom is $2,495.
    http://www.transworldnews.com/PricingInfo.aspx
  15. Anonymous Member

Maybe a target list of christian websites for pooning just to let them know of this new scam?
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

Well that true and 99% of scientology's self-serving PR crap is just that. i.e. crap. But there are some things amongst their crap that is worthy of note, like this, which begs further investigation and pooning if required.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. When will there be a Narconon program for Scientologists with addictions?
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Anonymous Member

If you want what NarCONon have to offer, and are willing to make the effort to get it, then you are ready to take certain steps.

1. We admit that we were powerless over our addiction, and that only an expensive program based on a science fiction writer's ramblings could save us.
    2. We came to believe that a Thetan greater than ourselves could restore order to the galaxy.
    3. We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of persons with no medical training or training in addiction or behavioral health.
    4. We made a searching and fearless inventory of our financial assets and those of friends and family.
    5. We admitted to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs; they took notes and sent them to the RTC so that they can better control in the future.
    6. We were entirely ready to remove all these money from our accounts.
    7. We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings though saunas and large doses of niacin.
    8. We made a list of all persons we had known, and became willing to ask them for cash.
    9. We made direct requests to such people wherever possible, except when they had no assets.
    10. We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it; they took notes and sent them to the RTC so that they can better control in the future. .
    11. We sought through introspection rundowns and purifs to improve our fundraising skillz.
    12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
    • Like Like x 9
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Intelligence Member

First, the 12 Step is NOT Christian Based (although AA and NA do have a few Christian Faith Based)

The AA and NA 12 Step is:
    1. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
    2. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
    Some AA members can and do believe that all creation is their higher power - - it doesn't matter
    in AA or NA, but it is not Christian based, although two christians did start it?

I wrote a little about the CRISIS Narconon is in right now and low and behold, I received
    some messages that Yvette Shank was at NN TR today and there are only about 20 out of a
    100 capacity, patients there at NN TR right now.

This NN Freedom Center could be running a Pilot Project to test the waters for a greater market share
    and Public image, as well as governments in the USA. This will screw them for Gov funding!

Let's face it, Narconon is in HUGE trouble right now with all the BLACK PR (wonder why? LOL: -)).

In my opinion, this attempt will be a big FAIL and may turn around and take the biggest bite
    out of their stinky ass then they could ever imagine:)

Not many Anons know this, but I completed a Bible Program at University of the Nations in 1990
    and a was on the Mission Field for 2 years. I am a Christian, and know well what this attempt
    probably is.

After what Hubbard stated and what Narconon is composed of (Executives and many staff are Scilons),
    is simply not compatable with Christianity - - quite the contrary. I have video and voice recordings of
    what NN Executives said about this faith.

It will be seen for what it is - - just another lie and SCAM!

I can hear the noise now:

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Intelligence Member

The ONLY way they do this, would be to Squirrel (change), the "Tech", in the Narconon Books, which is a "High Crime"?

WTF has has little Davey and OSA got up their sleaves now? I'm a little dumb-founded at this
    right now.

22. Intelligence Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Scientology
    • Like Like x 2
  23. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. DeathHamster Member

^^ The useless Fishman OT.
  25. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  26. Intelligence Member

27. BlooAnon Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  28. Intelligence Member

Can you believe this!!!??? - - Narconon states: "Additionally, our Christian addiction treatment programs enable the client to explore and strengthen their Christian faith and maintain a new lifestyle once they have completed the treatment and recovery program." - - I'll be back, I have to vomit!!!

• Like Like x 1
  29. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 5
  30. DeathHamster Member

Since this is so recent, I wonder how they have all this data on how Christian Narconon has a 70% success rate or that anyone has completed the program yet?

Oh right: Make shit up, it's the Scientology way!
    • Like Like x 8
  31. Intelligence Member

This ^^^^^ ,..., LOL - - Love it - - good thought and perception :)

32. Quentinanon Member

Could be the results of some OSA survey on positioning. Very peculiar.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. DeathHamster Member

It makes me wonder if they're targeting something specific. Probably not government funds if they're jumping over to the faith-based side. (Unless there's some faith-based initiative loophole from the Bush years.)
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Intelligence Member

Yes, very peculiar and strange? I don't think they understand or realize how much this could back-fire on them?

Can anyone "Date" when the website posted this - - it would be helpful to know?

Slithering Serpents"!!!
  35. Anonymous Member

Christian based?

• Like Like x 2
  36. DeathHamster Member

It's not in Wayback yet, so probably less than 6 months.

Check out this page (usual warnings!)
    http://www.freedomdrugrehab.com/addiction-treatment/12-step-addiction-treatment/
    Holy crap!
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

The link in the OP shows the dateline as 2/28/12 07:56 p.m. GMT
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Making it Christian should have increased it to 80%
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

They did it for the insurance acceptance. From their web:

Accepted Insurance

AETNA CIGNA

BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD

NGS CORESOURCE

UNITED HEALTHCARE

OXFORD HEALTH PLANS

MEDICAL MUTUAL

HEALTH ALLIANCE GUARDIAN

Also, site created 7-2011, center is in Michigan.
  40. Anonymous Member

Registrant: Freedom Treatment Center 805 West Erie Street Albion, Michigan 49224 United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com) Domain Name: FREEDOMDRUGREHAB.COM Created on: 11-Apr-08 Expires on: 11-Apr-13 Last Updated on: 12-Apr-11

Administrative Contact: Darwish, Ramsy ericacatton@yahoo.com Freedom Treatment Center 805 West Erie Street Albion, Michigan 49224 United States 18773629682 Fax --

Technical Contact: Darwish, Ramsy ericacatton@yahoo.com Freedom Treatment Center 805 West Erie Street Albion, Michigan 49224 United States 18773629682 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order: DNS1.STABLETRANSIT.COM DNS2.STABLETRANSIT.COM