Customize

Nashville Nov - 5, 2009?

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Anonyb615, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Anonyb615 Member

Nashville Nov - 5, 2009?

So, Guy Fawkes Day protest anyone?
  2. juche Member

Re: Nashville Nov - 5, 2009?

... who are you and why haven't you posted in any other threads?
  3. lokimotion Member

Indeed. An unknown TNAnon starting a protest-planning thread for Nashanons does raise a red flag.
  4. twistedpuppet Member

I'm gonna call troll on the OP.
  5. Anonyb615 Member

so because im new to nashville and wish to protest I'm a troll? cool story bro
  6. BusinessBecky Member

Oh, and he's new to Nashville.
  7. Anonymous Member

THIS IS WHY...nashville is rated the worst anoncell by Anonnet.coms spring 2009 online survey.
  8. juche Member

No, because you haven't posted anywhere else on WWP, we're sort of raising eyebrows. We were thinking of doing something on the 5th but haven't worked out the schedule yet.
  9. Anonymous Member

Hi! Who are you and where have you been? We've been protesting here for a while and would be happy for you to join us.
  10. Anonyb615 Member

well I'm sure telling you who I am would kind of ruin the whole idea of anonymity, but Im from virginia just moved here a week ago.
  11. Anonymous Member

Sorry, didn't intend for you to dox yourself. Just wondered if you were a new Nashvillian or a new anon. Welcome to Nashvegas! We raid monthly, but are also known to troll the stress test booth at the mall and other fun stuff. We'd be delighted for you to join us!

We haven't worked out the details for the 5th, but will post them in this thread as soon as we have.
  12. desudesuchan Member

sorry for making your introduction "interesting"... speaking for myself anyways i can get a bit paranoid... given recent events thats understandable.....
  13. Anonyb615 Member

recent events?
  14. juche Member

'Recent' is sort of a liberal term. In April, we had the big assault case here, but more recently there has been a good amount of bullbaiting and stalking. Also a good percentage of us have received our C&Ds.
  15. lokimotion Member

Not calling you a troll. Usually, Juche or Zonker start the protest planning threads for the Nashanons. Seeing someone new starting one is going to raise a few eyebrows. So you have to pardon us for being jumpy with your first few posts.
    As for more recent events:
    There was that little operation, which involved some Nashanons helping a friend get out of Co$.
    Also, the discovery of a Dianetics kiosk operating out of an area mall about one month ago. There is a quiet, on-going guerrilla op regarding that one.
  16. twistedpuppet Member

Anonyb615, my bad. You just joined, and this was your first posting. It came off kinda suspicious seeing as not far below where you posted this thread is the planning thread for the most recent protest held in Nashville.
  17. Tenebrous Member

This thread is too funny
  18. Re: Nashville Nov - 5, 2009?

:) wow, it's been a while
  19. Anonymous Member

The real question is if you weigh in over 300 lbs??!
  20. Anonyb615 Member

No I don't weigh 300lbs wtf?
  21. Puddin_Tame Member

nobody in nashville is the least bit fat
  22. juche Member

We've determined that the earliest that everyone can be there is 6:30 PM, so that would probably be the start time for anything.
  23. Re: Nashville Nov - 5, 2009?

im new to nashville and would also like to attend this protest
  24. juche Member

We're still trying to figure out a common time, but we'll update when we decide something.
  25. Anonymous Member

I'm new to nashville too. Will we be hitting the all you can eat buffet after the protest?

I need to know so I can plan accordingly. My blood sugar drops if I don't eat the nashville standard diet of 67,000 calories per day.

NO I'm not fat. Quit asking.
  26. Anonymous Member

Fail troll is fail. /r/ new material plox.
  27. DontPanic Member

Do we have/need a permit?

I've called around to get one, and Nashville Metro pointed me to a permit dept. guy named Roy at 456-4097. I got his voicemail, but I'll keep trying. I'm sure everybody wants to make sure the Scilons can't nail us on a "you don't have a permit, so get lost" deal.

I'll try and get one for both the 5th and the 14th, unless Juche or another kind Anon already has one.

-DontPanic
  28. Anonymous Member

We don't need one unless we're going to close a sidewalk off or some such, which we won't.
  29. DontPanic Member

Ok. I may still file for one just to have one on my person in case we get hassled. (if that's alright with you guys)

I'm looking forward to it. I'm a definite for the 14th, but I'll do my best to make it on the 5th as well.
  30. 4Dlulz Member

hmm, do it, because you can always be sure they will get the cops on you and you can just simply say "Look, I haz permit." then laugh as the police grins and tells the Scilon to STFU and if he harasses you, he gets in trouble
  31. Anonymous Member

The only time we've gotten hassled has been when CoS imported fail from Spring Hill for their Grand Opening BS. Spring Hill didn't particularly care about things like laws and permits, common sense or the constitution, which is why they arrested 44 for aggravated trespass on public property, lied, threatened people with shitty food, didn't follow proper procedures and just generally fucked up all over the place. This is also why all parties involved are going to have some happy fun courtroom time.

For the rest of our many protests for this and other things, we've never had permits, and Metro PD has never had a prob with us. There is not really a 'protest permit' here anyway. The permits are for closing streets and sidewalks and using public property--like park facilities, etc.

That said, do wacha want. :) I'm telling you this so you don't necessarily have to waste time playing phone tag only to be told you don't need anything from PW.
  32. Elbynonamous Member

Actually, (Nashanons, correct me if I'm wrong here...) iirc we tried to get permits awhile back, and we were directly told that they wouldn't be necessary. MPD has always been very kind with us and has allowed us to protest without an issue. The Scientologists have called the police on us for silly things, and MPD never asked us to leave.

It is a public sidewalk, on a public street. We do have constitutional rights to assemble and protest, and anyone who infringes on those rights... well, we know what happens there.

Anyway, those are my two cents. Have fun! :)
  33. DontPanic Member

Thank you guys so much for your input. I saw footage from the Grand Opening incident, as well as others in which the rent-a-cops hassled anons over not having a permit. With such a group as ours, logistics is a bit fuzzy, so I wanted to get a permit mainly as an insurance policy for all involved.

I've sent Rory (the permit man) an email, and I think I'll go ahead and nab one just to be on the safe side. Plus, it will give us all much joy when/if we get harassed to pull out the pleasantly official document and wave it around. :)
  34. Anonymous Member

You might get namefagged when you apply for a permit. CoS has used that to dox Anons.
  35. Anonymous Member

Your enthusiasm is definitely much appreciated, but seriously, you don't need a permit. We have been told in the past that we don't even need to notify Metro if they are less than 100 people assembling. We've never had more than 50. It's not worth getting namefagged when you don't even need to. Besides, I can't even find any signs that a type of permit for protesting or assembling even exists. The closest is a sidewalk closure, but as we have been told already by Metro, as long as we don't block the sidewalk, there's no issue. Several anons even have a contact in Metro PD already.

Nashville.gov - Public Works - Information About Permits
  36. Anonymous Member

Sorry dude, you're a ringer

A scientologist couple once told me if I didn't give them six hundred dollars it'd "sort of ruin Christmas"

Exact same play book here. He'll probably rob a store if you let him protest
  37. DontPanic Member

Sure thing. I just wanted to play it safe, but from everything I've seen, you're exactly right. I appreciate the input, and I look forward to the protest. (Whichever one I can make it to)
  38. Anonymous Member

I believe so, although you wouldn't know it from our past treatment. Basically, we have rights unless DM is in town.

Srsly, as long as we do not block the side we are fine. The local police have been great. We generally let them know when we are planning to protest, and they drive by to make sure we are ok.
  39. Elbynonamous Member

Oh, for fuck sake. Give it up.
  40. Anonymous Member

Don't get upset Elby. They're just jealous of Nashville's win and how Nashville fucking does it right. :D