Customize

Nashville, TN, December

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Elbynonamous, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Elbynonamous Member

Nashville, TN, December

Let's kick ass tomorrow. Hopefully everyone remembers to show.
  2. twistedpuppet Member

Re: Nashville, TN

:D
  3. juche Member

I'd like to call an epic win here -- we had EIGHT PEOPLE. This is the biggest protest in awhile >D! Hopefully more people will turn out next time, wheeeee!! I'll post the pics as soon as I edit them.
  4. twistedpuppet Member

ZOMG YAY! >XD Also, I didn't get lost on the way back this time! :D A first for me! >XD
  5. juche Member

2d99vde.jpg

k3m4bc.jpg

2eyxhk6.jpg

2dke876.jpg

20z40ur.jpg

apk3zo.jpg

t06c0h.jpg

2vrvrme.jpg

2wg8yf9.jpg

2ef594p.jpg

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    (A Scientologist guy threw a Triscuit at demosthenes D:)
  6. twistedpuppet Member

:p They could have thrown a wrapped sandwhich or some water and hot chocolate with a pack of those self heating cups. :D
  7. juche Member

Quick raid report!

Got there at 11, was quickly joined by twistedpuppet, desudesuchan and a new kid. We set up base on the corner with our canned goods, posters and hard cookies. Elby showed up around noon and we immediately went for some boba tea -- I had red bean/almond milk tea and she had hot strawberry fruit tea (YES THIS INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT). We went back and soon made it to seven people with the inclusion of Demosthenes and the long-absent Local! We split into three groups: four on the dancing corner, one on the flyer corner and two of us in front of the CC. After Demosthenes left, Geno appeared, so we had ~eight people~. This is a FUCKING HUGE NUMBER compared to recent times. We all left around like... idk... 2:30, 3?

Highlights:
    - Scientologists throwing a fucking Triscuit at Demosthenes. I mean, come ON. (Triscuit tech)
    - A guy stopping across from us then pointing at our sign 'HONK IF YOU THINK SCIENTOLOGY IS A CULT' and saying 'DOESN'T EVERYONE ALREADY KNOW THAT?'
    - Lots of honks.
    - Lots of angry college-age Scientologists yelling at us and flipping us off. (bird tech)
    - All flyers were handed out.
    - BUBBLE TEA
    - EIGHT FUCKING PEOPLE!!!

Current discussion: What to do about this gala? Anon gala? Who else has prom dresses/nice clothes/tuxes/suits?
  8. juche Member

OH SHIT, THE SCIENTOLOGISTS ARE COMING: Nashville Symphony - Event Detail

Chick Corea is a hardcore Scientologist: Chick Corea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And if you refer to the sign for the event on the 20th, it says that there will be 'Entertainment by 14 Grammy Award winning legend', and what do you know, Chick Corea 'has been nominated for 45 Grammy Awards out of which he has won 14.' Well, I guess we know who is coming to the gala then. I wonder if he'll make them all listen to Road to Freedom?
  9. Elbynonamous Member

Fuck yes. It was beautiful. I hope they liked my christmas carols. ;w;

Also why wouldn't they give me a stress test. :C
  10. juche Member

11. demosthenes Member

I still can't believe they threw a Triscuit at me. Lulz.

And the mystery of the grammatically incorrect scn flyer seems to have been resolved. Maybe we should call the RSVP number and point out that it really should be "a 14 Grammy Award-winning legend." I mean, surely they didn't mean for anyone to think that they were bringing in 14 musicians and just left the s off. Of course.
  12. juche Member

I can't believe we actually made a point of going over and finding it after the fact, but by God, this had to be documented. Triscuit tech!!

And yeah, of course, of course. I mean, surely they know that people wouldn't normally pay $200 to see one musician who most people have never heard of, right?

We need a prom dress gala night. I have my prom attire... do you all have yours?
  13. Hakanon Member

do you guys care how young the people are that show up to these things? i mean i don't want to show up and feel like a nuisance...
  14. juche Member

No.
  15. Hakanon Member

alright, thank you.
    so i guess now would be a time to start planning. I have a question though. I have ties with a graphic designer who has access to a commercial printer. do you think we should start mass producing flyers at any point?
  16. juche Member

Desu is probably the best person to ask about this -- he does most of the flyer printing.
  17. Hakanon Member

i will definitely try and ask him about that. i know printer ink gets expensive at home.
  18. Elbynonamous Member

We definitely don't care how old you are. We had an 8 year old at one of the protests.

You're welcome to join us. Don't be nervous about it. <3
  19. HubbBudd Member

And if you refer to the sign for the event on the 20th, it says that there will be 'Entertainment by 14 Grammy Award winning legend', and what do you know, Chick Corea 'has been nominated for 45 Grammy Awards out of which he has won 14.' Well, I guess we know who is coming to the gala then. I wonder if he'll make them all listen to Road to Freedom?
    Oh, and here I thought they had accidentally left off the "s."
    I guess they left off the "a" ... as in "a 14 Grammy Award winning legend."

$cientology Study Tech at its finest!
  20. francie Member

What a waste of a perfectly good Triscuit!

Great protest, Nashville!

College age Scios? How many were there?
  21. juche Member

Two in the Jeep, but we had a few others flip us the bird both this month and last.

I'd be very interested to know the real number of Scientologists in Nashville.
  22. desudesuchan Member

i usually just go to kinkos. not too expensive... and they do the foldin too. i try to get a one-sheet and a trifold on green paper... the color gets the attention and the seem to move faster with the green-on-white of holding both at once. heh i almost sound like i know what i'm talking about... lol
  23. Elbynonamous Member

Yeah, like you ever give out fliers. xDD
  24. desudesuchan Member

of course not! they practically give THEMSELVES away!
  25. juche Member

26. Hakanon Member

Hey elby, I have a friend who lurks here alot who says that he knows you. he knows your name if it is you and i guess you'll see him next month. we are actually going to get our masks together. dont worry, he's no spy. he told me about Anon Vs. Co$
  27. Elbynonamous Member

Lol PM me and tell me who it is. xD
  28. Hakanon Member

haha okay, done.
  29. Elbynonamous Member

Sorry, lurker man. I am not the girl of which you speak. xD
  30. Hakanon Member

haha oh well, i guess it was just a case of mistaken identity. =P
  31. Elbynonamous Member

Lol
  32. Elbynonamous Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfTUDW93z6E&feature=related]YouTube - Quick Roll[/ame]

LMFAO~
  33. Hakanon Member

i dont care how dumb he is, but he sure can dodge shoes... can he dodge a triscuit? XD
  34. Elbynonamous Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQCOQ63otnk&feature=related]YouTube - Slow Roll[/ame]

THIS IS TOO MUCH FUN. xD
  35. Elbynonamous Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4bn5pp32w&feature=related]YouTube - Rick Roll Reversed[/ame]

LLOR KCIR~
  36. Elbynonamous Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1WWpKEPdT4&feature=related]YouTube - 8-Bit Rick Roll[/ame]

Go mario go!
  37. Elbynonamous Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uZr3JWYdy8&feature=related]YouTube - PaintRoll'd[/ame]

HELL YES.
  38. Hakanon Member

Elby's Having some fun with teh RICK ROLLLLLLLLLLL!
  39. juche Member

Only if the OT powers of the thrower are as low as the OT powers our Triscuit tech guy had.
  40. BananAnon Member

hey hak, it seems we got our wires crossed, i acctually meant a different person i saw in one of the protest videos, not elby (but, elby, we did mention you later on in the conversation, so there's no need to feel left out :D)

looking forward to the next protest, and sorry i missed out on the one on the 13th