Customize

National Lawyers Guild reaches out to anons.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

With a kind of shitty website! But hey, good to have friends. Granted WWP is all about not breaking laws, so you shouldn't need them. But still...

http://anonlg.com/
  2. Anonymous Member

lawyers, you never know when you'll need one...
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Anonymous Member

...and BEFORE you post on the Internet. Just sayin'.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TheBns Member

Bullshit...
  5. Anonymous Member

interesting way to bump a thread...care to expand on your disagreement?
  6. Anonymous Member

Anyone seen the whois?
  7. Orson Member

Or, not. NLG came out in support of Anonymous during the Wikileaks/Mastercard/Paypal time frame. Hippie left-wing lawyers helping you out may be good or bad depending on the situation, but they have a long history of "taking on the man."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Lawyers_Guild

The NLG has historically been noted for its championing of progressive and left-wing causes.[3] Currently, the NLG opposes the PATRIOT Act, corporate globalization, the World Trade Organization, and has called for the adoption of "the Plan of Action from the 2001 UN World Conference Against Racism, Xenophobia, and Related Intolerance." The NLG also helps to train and provide legal observers for political demonstrations. The NLG has supported Palestinian rights and a number of other causes. In November 2007, the NLG passed a resolution calling for the impeachment of then President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.[4]
    Most of the work of the Guild is done by committees, project and task forces. These include[5]
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Anonymous Member

Okay, I thought it looked not so good. It comes off as a low end rant site, which is not at all with a well presented mission or focus.
  9. Orson Member

Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260 United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: ANONLG.COM Created on: 19-Mar-11 Expires on: 19-Mar-13
    Last Updated on: 19-Mar-11

Administrative Contact: Private, Registration ANONLG.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact: Private, Registration ANONLG.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order: NS69.DOMAINCONTROL.COM NS70.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    • Like Like x 2
  10. 00anon00 Member

National Lawyers Guild is not a low end rant site. It is a powerful, committed rant site.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Anonymous Member

well this thread sure took a turn for the better
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

I know it's hard to believe in this day and age but not every organization should be judged by the quality of its website. Maybe they spend their money on stuff like lawyering...
    • Like Like x 2
  13. fallingspider Member

This is a good thing, hopefully the people choosing to put themselves in the line of fire will be able to use their services.
  14. 00anon00 Member

http://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2011/07/18-2

Guild Attorneys Victorious in Internet Free Speech Case
    NEW YORK - July 18 - In a case with precedential value for internet free speech, National Lawyers Guild members Larry Hildes of Bellingham, Washington, Devin Theriot-Orr of Seattle, and Mark Sniderman of Indiana successfully defended several activists who received subpoenas from Mt. Hope Baptist Church demanding they turn over their internet account records.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. warrior Member

I've just sign up to reply to this thread.
    This is wonderful news!
    Scientology has violated their religion tax exempt status by requiring members to pay to get in.
    WE ACTUALLY HAVE A LEGAL CASE AGAINST SCIENTOLOGY.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. AIN Member

it's slightly more complicated then that.
    But what this does mean is Anon has a powerful ally in fighting SLAAP lawsuits (In essence, being sued for free speech to shut someone up)
  17. warrior Member

How so?
  18. AIN Member

Well, in short, Scilons blackmailed the IRS back in the 90s to get special tax exempt status.
    And since the scilons are trying to have it both ways, be a business and a religion, it gets tricky separating the two.
  19. WhiteNight Member

Because, in short you CAN be a Scientologist without paying for courses. You just remain at the bottom of the ladder indefinately. They pressure you to pay, but it's not a requirement.
  20. Savi0r Member

I like your avatar. <3
  21. Anonymous Member

I think it's faggy.
  22. Savi0r Member

pot calling the kettle black much?
  23. Anonymous Member

You calling Steven Colbert faggy?
  24. Savi0r Member

No im calling YOU anon poster a faggot.
  25. Anonymous Member

Ah, well I do believe that this falls firmly under the catagory of &quot;Meh&quot;. See diagram.
    meh.jpg

Now, /derail.

So Anon has lawyers now? Well isn't this interesting? A group that regularly uses categorically illegal methods to further it's agenda now has some form of legal protection. Novel.
  26. Savi0r Member

Stranger things do happen my friend.
  27. Anonymous Member

People who break laws are generally the ones that need lawyers.
  28. 00anon00 Member

Of course protestors are always called terrorists/group-using-illegal-methods at the start.
  29. 00anon00 Member

dichotomy MUCH?
  30. WhiteNight Member

My friend, hacking is illegal. Anon is famous for hacking. Ergo, Anon does illegal stuff.
  31. DeathHamster Member

Hacking illegal? Surely not!
    http://hackaday.com/
  32. 00anon00 Member

Anonymous=hakerz? no. Some anons = hakerz, but some anons = protest, my friend
  33. Anonymous Member

Murder is illegal. Some Italian-Americans are famous for committing murders. Ergo, all Italian-Americans commit illegal murders.
  34. Anonymous Member

God help the poor fucker who comes to this thread actually looking for some useful information.
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

More, and comments: http://idealab.talkingpointsmemo.co...lawyers-for-alleged-hacktivists-speak-out.php