Customize

Neda Agha Soltan - 26

Discussion in 'Victims' started by Jaymax, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Jaymax Moderator

Born in 1982, she was at the protest with one her professors and several other students. She was shot by a basiji riding by on a motorcycle.

Neda was apparently buried today at a large cemetery in the south of Tehran.

[Source: Huffington Post]
  2. Jaymax Moderator

[IMG]

Update: Apparently the previous picture that was supposedly of Neda was not her - and that person is still alive. This photo has been confirmed by BBC Persia (via Huffington Post)
  3. thought for our time

Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only be maintained by violence. Any man who has once proclaimed violence as his method is inevitably forced to take the lie as his principle.
    Alexander Solzhenitsyn quote
  4. GrammaMert Member

A martyr cannot be forgotten

Such a sad story. Wishing for peace and healing for Neda's family and her fianc. America watches and hopes.
  5. neda :(

i am so sad beacause of that, killing an innocent girl is breaking my heart
    i thinked that iran is a democrat country, but this the election was false
    and after what happent to heda, i am hating that goverment
  6. I am so sorry

I just saw the video of her senseless and tragic death-- I am so sad and sorry. I can't stop crying for her. I am praying for all Iranians protesting the election. God speed and good luck in your fight-- she will be remembered and represents all that is right in a world of wrong.
  7. feel so sad with this misery!! Bless Neda

bless from China
  8. Very Sad

God bless the family. Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends of this brave woman. We support you in America and hope for peace in a democratic Iran.

David Montgomery
    Dallas, Texas, USA

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
  9. International Day of Mourning for Neda - Friday

Login | Facebook

Neda will be remembered forever by the entire world. Her name will go down in the history books. My heart breaks every time I see the picture or video played. I pray for peace over the family and friends, and for peace and change in Iran.

10. Anonymous.

We do not forget.