Customize

Need help in the Gloria Lopez Affair (France)

Discussion in 'Situation Rooms' started by Albion, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Albion Member

Good afternoon all,

Up now at Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker is my first story in a series on the 2006 suicide in France of Scientologist Gloria Lopez. I'll be running more stories over at Infinite Complacency in the coming weeks. We are starting by asking for information on three witnesses in the affair, all Scientologists, who had dealings with Gloria Lopez in the final months of her life.

As you'll see in the story, French investigators have been unable to locate them for interview and Scientology executives say they don't know where they are. They are:
    1. Juliette Wagner-Quercia, who introduced Lopez to Scientology and who, according to family and friends was a strong influence on her during her first years inside the movement. She was working at Scientology's Copenhagen base in 2006 and was Lopez's point of contact there;
    1. Elisabeth Haley, Lopez's auditor at Copenhagen. Haley wrote twice to Lopez in the months that followed, trying to get her to return for further auditing. The contents of her letters make it clear she knew that Lopez was in difficulty;
    1. Danielle Ambert: a high-level Scientologist (OT VIII and a former mission holder in France), she acted as Lopez's financial adviser at a time when she came into a substantial sum of money – most of which she subsequently spent on Scientology.
    I think Wagner-Quercia and Ambert are both French women in their 60s. I'm not sure about Haley.
    We are trying to find out what happened to them following the suicide of Gloria Lopez in December 2006 -- in particular, if they had any dealings with Scientology. We would also be interested to know who the key executives were in July 2006 in Copenhagen, when Gloria Lopez visited. You can post here, DM me or contact me by email (the address is top-right at Infinite Complacency).

Even if, as looks likely, the investigating judge drops the case, new information in the case could still get it reponed if provided soon enough.

Read the story and spread the word. Hope you can help

Best,

Jonny Jacobsen
    Infinite Complacency
    • Like Like x 6
  2. RightOn Member

wish I can help. :(
    Good luck to all involved!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ann O'Nymous Member

My 2 cents. Finding them is unlikely. Scientology is good at hiding people.

If people are serious about this, there is a lot of work to do, both IRL and online.

IMHO, the first steps are:
    • Finding pictures
    • Finding relatives
    • Finding friends.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RightOn Member

are those names listed hot links to COS cookie cutter sites?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Juliette Wagner-Quercia: Where the photo should be for the cookie-cutter site links to a German site with USA server.

http://www.joyofcreating.org/

Loose translation of the German makes it seem like a real estate seller's page. No photo of named scientologist.

Elisabeth Haley: http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/e/elisabeth-haley.html

Appears to be too common a name for finding a photo match. With more time spent, it might be productive. I lack time this morning.

Danielle Ambert:

danielle ambert photo.jpg

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/danielle-ambert.html
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Albion Member

Thanks everyone, I've already made some progress on this but there's bound to be something I missed. Always open to ideas.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Can you help French prosecutors find these witnesses to the death of a Scientologist?

Tony Ortega: Can you help French prosecutors find these witnesses to the death of a Scientologist?

http://tonyortega.org/2015/03/31/ca...se-witnesses-to-the-death-of-a-scientologist/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Our man in Paris, journalist Jonny Jacobsen, has a fascinating piece for us today. We’ll let him explain…

A judge investigating the 2006 suicide of a Scientologist in France may finally close the case because police have not been able to track down key witnesses. Officers have been looking into the death of 47-year-old Gloria Lopez (pictured), who in December 2006 stepped in front of a speeding train at Colombes station just outside Paris.

But they have been unable to find three Scientologists the judge considers key to the affair, all of whom had dealings with Lopez in the months leading up to her death. Scientology executives in France have insisted they have no idea where they are.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Persons of interest

These are the three Scientologists investigators want to interview:

— Juliette Wagner-Quercia, who introduced Lopez to Scientology and who, according to family and friends, was a strong influence on her during her first years inside the movement. She was working at Scientology’s Copenhagen base in 2006 and was Lopez’s point of contact there;

Code:
    http://www.our-home.org/juliettewagner-quercia/
    — Elisabeth Haley, Lopez’s auditor at Copenhagen. Haley wrote twice to Lopez in the months that followed, trying to get her to return for further auditing. The contents of her letters make it clear she knew that Lopez was in difficulty;

— Danielle Ambert: a high-level Scientologist (OT VIII and a former mission holder in France), she acted as Lopez’s financial adviser at a time when she came into a substantial sum of money – most of which she subsequently spent on Scientology.

Code:
    http://home.oursites.net/danielleambert/
    * * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

I snagged the photograph of person of interest Danielle Ambert from her Scientology webpage before it could be removed.

Code:
    http://home.oursites.net/danielleambert/
    Danielle Ambert.jpg
  9. DeathHamster Member

Copenhagen should be an Advanced Org, so shouldn't staff be Sea Org? (Elisabeth Haley and Juliette Wagner-Quercia.)
  10. anon8109 Member

A shot in the dark:

There was a TV news story a few years ago about the Scientology corporation hiding people from other countries in Australia on the RPF in a fenced-off property so that their relatives couldn't find them.

I think it may have been exposed by Brian Seymore on Today Tonight.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

My image search was limited to the name(s).

What might pay off is to add things to the name in the search field. It may lead to solid matches between photos and persons.

For example - Elisabeth Haley+Copenhagen and/or Elisabeth Haley+Denmark, or Scandinavia, etc.

Same goes for Juliette Wagner-Quercia and Danielle Ambert+France, etc.

When I get some time for deep searches, I'll spend some of it on these tasks.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Albion Member

Many thanks Night Owl: I'll keep trying at my end.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I might have an adress for one of them
    I 'll keep in touch
  14. Albion Member

Froggy, if you do get an address, could you PM or email me with that?
  15. Albion Member

I've posted the second part of the series over at Infinite Complacency: Tracing Danielle Ambert.

http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2015/04/tracing-danielle-ambert-lopez-affair-ii.html

It also takes a look at a five-page special report French daily Libération put together.

It's a kind of J'accuse! against the French government for losing their nerve over the issue of
    cults, an attitude that has leaked through into the judiciary, they suggest. (I've sent more on that
    over to Tony O's site, though he may hold it over until tomorrow.)
    • Like Like x 4
  16. Albion Member

Some homework as a follow-up to yesterday's piece on Danielle Ambert: pay attention at the back now.

Can people spread the word? I'm looking for French Scientology magazines particularly from between 2000 and 2006 that might contain references to --and photos of -- Danielle Ambert.

I've already had a good trawl through the English-language magazines from that period that I've found, but it may be, for example, that while English magazines don't show photos of Danielle Ambert with her OTVIII certificate, the French editions will.

With that in mind, I'd be looking for the French editions of the magazines listed at Danielle Ambert's service completion list: http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/d/danielle-ambert.html but I think the most promising leads are Source #151 and Freewinds #52.

You'll see too that in this Scientology post dated August 2006, when Ambert was at the height of her success as a mission-holder, celebrating the opening of her third mission in the south of France, the text refers to a photo but there is no photo accompanying the picture. Here's the link: http://meetascientologist.org/scientology/2-aug-2006-scientology-missions-marseille-montpellier

Now I've tried rummaging around the Internet to find a version of this post with a picture, but no luck. But maybe somewhere there's a Scientology magazine where the story ran with the picture. If anyone has any ideas which magazine that might be, I'd be grateful to hear from you. If anybody can track it down, so much the better. Even if the photo is nearly ten years ago, it will be more up-to-date than the one posted on her cookie-cutter I am a Scientologist page.

Any links/advice/help much appreciated. jj
    • Like Like x 3
  17. anon8109 Member

You might have some luck in the WWP French forum.
  18. Albion Member

Thanks, I'll be posting there in the morning.
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

Is France dropping its anti-Scientology fervor because Tom Cruise is just too délicieux?

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, April 17, 2015

We have another report today from our man in Paris, British journalist Jonny Jacobsen. Recently, he wrote here about a Scientologist’s 2006 suicide in France that prosecutors were trying to pin on Scientology itself. But an inability to track down three key witnesses had jeopardized the state’s investigation. Later, at his own website, Jonny summarized information that he’d received about the possible location of at least one of those witnesses.

While that case stalls, an important thing to keep in mind is that Scientology was declared a fraud in France after years of investigation and a prosecution that reached the country’s highest court. Part of the reason that the fraud case stayed alive over such a long period was through the hard work of government-sponsored anticult organizations. And French lawmakers told Jonny that once the case was upheld, one more prosecution of Scientology could lead to the church being dissolved in France. In other words, the country has long been hostile territory for Scientology, with the potential to permanently boot the organization from its shores.

Or is it? Jonny’s new report suggests that things are changing, and a new press article suggests that France is reversing course. Fill us in on the details, Jonny.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/17/is...vor-because-tom-cruise-is-just-too-delicieux/
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Anonymous Member

Bump for Great Justice!
  21. Ann O'Nymous Member

Justice is unlikely in this case.

As long as authorities will accept that scientology can do more or less what they want with their members, it is not going to change.
  22. RightOn Member

Frances' "powers that be" must have some awful deep pockets filled will clam cash :mad:
    edited: IMO
    It has to run out some time, right Poodle?
  23. Ann O'Nymous Member

Dox or ...

Justice in most countries is not well equipped to handle cases in which coercion is not straightforward and witnesses are exfiltrated.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. RightOn Member

My opinion dear, my opinion. Will edit
  25. jensting Member

Plus the criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology is willing to go to extraordinary lengths to have this kind of trial derailed. We saw this in the willingness to send an agent to influence the French president in the Patrice Vic case, ca. 1990. Check out the books (in French) "Une secte au coeur de la République" by Serge Faubert and "Scientologie : autopsie d'une secte d'état" by Emmanuel Fansten and (in English) the telexes on http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/selected.htm#france
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Ann O'Nymous Member

I do not overlook these aspects, but was just reacting to the rather simplistic notion of "deep pockets". Influence and manipulation often do not imply direct money exchanges, even though a lot of money is needed to allow them to happen.
  27. jensting Member

I think we're agreeing in a largely non-violent fashion, here :). French justice is famously fractious with the investigating magistrate and the prosecutor being two different persons, and occasionally disagreeing in court - to name one example, if not a particularly relevant one here... Deep Pockets is a nice simple answer and far from the only possible.
  28. I have nothing for you I feel ashamed