Customize

need source for hubbard quote

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by joeymadison123, May 24, 2010.

1. need source for hubbard quote

I am having trouble finding the source to this quote:

"if you really want to enslave people give them total freedom" L Ron Hubbard

Does anyone know where this quote came from? Thanks!
  2. themadhair Member

Re: need source for hubbard quote

Pretty sure this is some variant of the stuff from the Technique 88 Lecture on Overts and Withholds.

09 - Overt Acts Motivators & DED's B(Cont.)(Tape #5206c24F).mp3
  3. PodPeople Member

4 months ago "This universe has long been looking for new ways to make slaves. Well, we've got some new ways to make slaves here." L. Ron Hubbard, PDC tape #20 "Formative State of Scientology, Definition of Logic", December 6 1952)
    "If you really want to enslave people, tell them you are going to give them total freedom." L. Ron Hubbard July 23, 1963
  4. themadhair Member

That isn't a reference Pod. The lecture given on that date, SHSBC 317, does not have that quote.
  5. PodPeople Member

kay. Try over on ESMB.
  6. Re: need source for hubbard quote

what is EMB?

thanks for the info so far!
  7. Azazel Member

8. Re: need source for hubbard quote

OP, I couldn't find the quote you gave, however if you look here, you can find the "men are your slaves" quote and other similar ones.
  9. themadhair Member

Are those really citable though?

One of the strengths of an argument is the ability to point exactly to where you sourced your quotes. If you can’t do that then…well…do you really have an argument?
  10. Hahhahahahahaha, Dear Mr. Madison, this quote doesn't exist! But sure you can make it up yourself :p
  11. Anonymous Member

You could turn this into a simple Flash game. Is this quote from Hubbard true or false.
    Include such classics as "get yourself a nigger", "smash my way into history" and "all men are my slaves".
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

WARNNING SCIENTOLOGY LINKS ! ! !

Carole Eddington
    I am SICKENED by what news shows are saying about the recent shootings. It's full of lies, and it makes no sense. People believe it because they've been fed so much false data about "mental illness," that they can't think straight. It is URGENT that EVERYONE gets the truth NOW! We CAN stop the killings! HERE is the truth. Share this and share this and share this. Then go to http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/568/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=8999 (same as tinyurl.com/noforceddrugging) and scroll down to the part where you can educate your decision makers. It just takes a minute.
    View attachment safe_image.php?d=AQBNt3waYs3k3Qpt&url=http%3A%
    I am Adam Lanza's Doctor - Rima E. Laibow, MD.swf
    www.youtube.com
    I am Adam Lanza's Doctor - Rima E. Laibow, MD.swf

13. RolandRB Member

It has never been traced. It even appears in some citations with a date of 23 July 1963 and although there were lectures and publications on that date (most notably the "Between Lives Implants" lecture), this quote can not be found. Nor has it been found on searches of HCOBS, HCOPLs or taped lecture transcripts. It might exist somewhere but nobody has found a source for it as yet.
  14. DodoTheLaser Member

Definition of SLAVERY from Tech Dictionary:

"Being positioned in another's time and space."

Heh.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. The statement you are referring to does not exist in any LRH church literature or lectures. It comes from his Sci-Fri writings which was turned into a movie starring John Travolta "Battlefield Earth".
  16. BtOQK-jIgAIilJO.jpg