Customize

New AVO on Aaron Saxton, this time by Cyrus Brooks

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by Gottabrain, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Re: New AVO on Aaron Saxton, this time by Cyrus Brooks

I was going to donate direct at the next Sydney raid. I am hoping he will turn up.
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: New AVO on Aaron Saxton, this time by Cyrus Brooks

Lets start flooding Slashdot with story requests about Paypal bending to Scientology Fair Game. Paypal will freak if that story hits a super popular site like that.
  3. Anonymous Member

LOL sorry you had like three or four posts on this page I replied to the wrong one.

Not OSA, promise... but that is what osa would say

Was replying to there being the same rules in both countries.
  4. Anonymous Member

Also, an enquiry by Aaron's attorney into paypal's internal review resulting in this action would be relevant to interests.
  5. Anonymous Member

Can we look before we leap this time ? If we had not jumped into getting donations before we knew all the facts we might not have this problem to begin with.

And we might not want to throw around accusations, and fire off harpoons until we know for sure what we are talking about.
  6. Anonymous Member

Sorry, yeah I guess it doesn't help to stir shit. Still, I don't like PayPal very much.
  7. AnonyVix Member

To be fair this is not the first incident of PayPal going nuts over donations. They notice lots of small amounts of money going to one account or anything like that they get a sweat on that they will be complicit in money laundering or something and put the stops on it, not forgetting to charge fees for this service IIRC.

Maybe OSA helped this process along a little BUT it would have happened anyway because the monitor transactions. IB4HerroOSAOSAOSA. I agree this practice should be publicised but not sure it will do much good. I started moves to have PayPal regulated more in the UK but they moved their base to Luxembourg, end of...
  8. Sponge Member

Just wrote a detailed post and fucking lost it SHIT!. Here goes version two .....

Donators need raw info fast so that those who's payments failed to reach him can re-donate by some other method ASAFP.

1) How much has been sucessfully withdrawn from paypal and CLEARED in Aarons bank account
    2) How much is remaining paypal balance?
    3) Is monies being refunded to senders or is Aarons paypal balance frozen in limbo land?
    4) Can Aaron still log in to paypal and view transactions? (so that he can see if people are being refunded and perhaps email them to give them a heads-up on the situation).

Fees refund won't matter to the donators because I seriously doubt they are going to be penalised and they should get their money returned in full. I've no idea if Arron's account will be charged (he can deal with this later).

Someone mentioned an ombudsman in Oz which is supposed to deal with paypal faggotry. Not an immediate solution but something may need to be instigated sooner or later if paypal is doing its trick of holding funds for some ridiculous length of time in their self-greasing limboland.

Questions of zooomg OSAOSAOSA are not even remotely helpful at this moment in time. Not sure if any legal recourse is possible in finding out if there is a "who" behind this especially since paypal terms and conditions were alleged to have been broken (arguably or not). Mention it to the lawyer by all means but don't waste resources.
    Other possibilities is letting the newsmedia speculate briefly on the point when TodayTonight covers the AVO story again (nothing shifts the likes of PayPal into gear than nationally broadcasted bad publicity).
  9. Anonymous Member

Someone needs to update the OP with this paypal bullshit just in case anyone else was thinking of giving Aaron some funds via those pricks.

Also, shouldn't him using Pledgie avoid this bullshit? Should pledgie be doing something about this BS? He followed their TOS and this is how they have it set up? Pledgie.com needs to help make this right since they are partnered with PP on this shit.
  10. Rockyj Member

EVERYONE that donated: Check your bank statements to see if your Paypal donation was debited from your account! If not redonate!
    I made my concerns known about Paypal @ the very beginning.
    I have been waiting for a address to mail my donation. A PO Box in Aaron's name or his lawyer's address, something we will know is authentic but I haven't seen here yet.

Everyone that donated just redonate once a full proof method is set up.

If it was OSA that informed Paypal!
    Nice try! LOL!
  11. Anonymous Member

Usually when PayPal pulls a stunt like this, they do refund the contributors. Ideally they sort it out and release the funds to Aaron... which may mean we wait to Monday to find out what happens (I'm assuming paypal don't work weekends)
  12. ARC Member

Pointing out that PayPal is a shitty service is not derailing the thread - they made it very much on topic.

Now let's find an alternative way to donate. Maybe a company which actually knows how to transfer money, such as Western Union?
  13. RightOn Member

ahh yes... but an individual has a limit of transactions (money) they can recieve on a personal acccount.
    If it exceeds the limit of a personal account status, then Paypal says you have to have a business account .

If you are set up for a business, then Paypal charges a fee per transaction (used to be 30 cents) AND also a percenatge of the money taken in. This is what I have come to understand.

If you look at the accounts types you will see there is a limit of how much a personal account can take in. At least that is the way it used to be. I have no idea about excepting donations.

But the red flag probably was the amount he was receiving. They probably saw it exceding the personal account limit and then said nope! we are not getting our cut.

If it is DONATIONS then he would have to prove he was a legitimate charity I would presume??

Dont' know if this is correct. ANd I don't know about Pledgie's deal.

AND, hope this helps?

And here is the nonprofit page for info:
    •Submit your organization’s tax letter and bank statement proving nonprofit status.
    https://www.paypal.com/nonprofit

2.How can I begin to accept PayPal donations?
    If you don't have a website:

Use WebNow, from PayPal’s trusted partner Blackbaud. It’s an affordable solution that provides nonprofits with a domain name, point-and-click website configuration and PayPal donation processing built in.

If you have a website:

1.Sign up for a PayPal Business account. You'll need to have your organization's checking account number.
    2.Create a Donate button.
    3.Add the Donate button to your website.

3.Is there additional documentation that I need to provide to PayPal to confirm my organization's nonprofit status?
    You may be asked to supply tax returns and your nonprofit’s bank statement or cancelled check. You will receive an email from PayPal requesting additional information if it is required.

4.How will I receive donations made with PayPal?
    Donations will appear in your organization's PayPal account. You can see the donor name, donation amount, and date of the donation within the Transaction Details page.

5.How can I accept donations from donors who don't have a PayPal account?
    Donors without a PayPal account can still donate – either by creating an account or paying by credit card on the PayPal website.

6.What can I do with the money that is deposited in my PayPal account?
    You can spend your balance with other merchants who accept PayPal. You can move funds at no charge to your organization's checking account.

7.How much does PayPal cost?
    PayPal offers low transaction fees for nonprofits. Fees are applied only when you accept a contribution. If you don’t receive donations, you don’t pay. You will not be charged setup fees or recurring monthly fees.

Nonprofit transaction fees are 1.9% + $.30 per transaction for organizations with over $100,000 monthly volume and 2.2% + $.30 per transaction for organizations with less than $100,000 monthly volume. To be eligible, you must have documented 501(c)(3) status or you will not receive the reduced nonprofit transaction fees.

8.What solution is right for my organization?
    Most nonprofits with less than $100,000 in annual income choose to use the Donate button, which is fast and easy to integrate into your website.

•Donors will complete their donation on the PayPal website.
    •Your organization does not receive the donor's financial details, such as credit card number, so you are not responsible for protecting this sensitive data.
    •Organizations with over $100,000 in annual income who are interested in additional solutions, please contact sales@paypal.com or call (866) 837-1863

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/merchant/NonProfitsFAQ-outside#Q3
  14. Anonymous Member

I donated, and the transaction cleared the day I made it. It states the funds were turned over to Aaron. However, if the funds remained in Aaron's paypal account they can put a hold on him doing anything with the money. Then down the line they will eventually refund the money to the donors if shit isn't straightened out.

It's not a matter of our money making it to Aaron's account - that happened almost instantly - its a matter of Paypal allowing him access to funds/transfer to his bank account.
  15. Zak McKracken Member

PayPal knows how to transfer money.
    They know how to transfer money from you to PayPal.

everything else is gravy.
  16. RightOn Member

also about Pledgie:
    from their website:
    "Do I need to be a non-profit or a charity to set up a Pledgie Campaign?
    No, anyone can set up a Pledgie campaign! Pledgie was started to allow individuals and organizations alike to raise money for themselves or others."

This may be true, but it doesn't mean that PAYPAL doesn't have rules and regulations for non profits and the amount of money that you are allowed to take in under their different accounts.
    There is a merchant account, premier account, and personal accounts ect...

Like I said Paypal has limits on how much a person can receive according the type of account they have.

If you have a personal account set up and you are taking in a lot of money and not set up with a business account, I think they put a stop to it unless you comlpy with upgrading to a business account. If you are set up as a charity, then you have to comply with proving you are a non profit.

If I am not mistaken?

So....hope this helps
  17. Anonymous Member

You have to check your paypal account, not your bank. If you were refunded then you will have a credit with paypal. It's up to you to transfer the funds back to your bank account.
  18. RightOn Member

this^
  19. tamphex Member

Today attended the mention for the 1st AVO (Sue Hunt); case was dismissed and will not be going to a hearing. The representation for Sue Hunt was not in attendance, so Aaron's legal representation requested a dismissal which was instantly granted.

Amusingly enough, whilst we were standing outside, Sue Hunt's legal representation made a sly attempt to enter the courthouse unnoticed. She was however spotted & followed back into the court room. Her attempt to have a private audience with the magistrate was denied, with the advice of going back to the client and advising them of their legal rights now that the case has been dismissed. Along with carrying a rather thick binder, she also was carrying a large duffel bag - contents at this time still unknown. New evidence to be presented perhaps hurriedly put together for this mornings hearing? Maybe her time could have been better spent ensuring she reached the court house in time.

It was amusing to see the Magistrate deny Sue Hunt's solicitor the right. I guess the Magistrate knows when he hears lies. And with the Cult manufacturing such ridiculous evidence, I guess we should get used to Magistrates taking any matter the Cult brings, with a grain of salt. The Solicitor pleaded with Magistrate to at least have an opportunity to speak regarding the important evidence that would justify reasonable grounds for having the mention done there and then (even though Aaron was gone), but he Magistrate was unimpressed and saw through the charade.

Arms crossed , with a straight face, the Magistrate had to again deny her request and appeared unamused.

Understandably, Aaron is feeling relieved and looking forward to taking some quality "Aaron time" for the moment.

The remaining AVO (Cyrus Brooks) is still set for 11th of May.
  20. Skeptic1337 Member

So tldr, AVO number 1 dismissed.

Excellent!
  21. Anonymous Member

"The Solicitor pleaded with Magistrate to at least have an opportunity to speak regarding the important evidence that would justify reasonable grounds for having the mention done there and then (even though Aaron was gone), but he Magistrate was unimpressed and saw through the charade."

In your face bitch.
  22. Anonymous Member

She's just an attack dog lawyer for organized crime, that's no reason to use coarse language about her.
  23. Skeptic1337 Member

You know lawyers can refuse clients. Most of them don't have a soul so they don't but they can.

Any pics of this chick? Hawt or not?
  24. Anonymous Member

You can see her on today tonight running away from Bryan Symore, I didn't get a good look at her but am thinking not bad if I remember right.
  25. Skeptic1337 Member

Hmmm...which one....you guys got a name....a name would be awesome.
  26. Anonymous Member

Sorry to lazy to look it up for you It was the one that talked about the AVO.

Back to the topic, how do we know what she said to the judge ? Was it in open court? Could apologize to the judge for not being there and explain to him that she had dropped the case ? what is the procedure ?
  27. Sponge Member

The name of the lawyer is Julie Veloskey
    ref: Scientology AVO - Today Tonight

If the wad if stuff she had was based on the cult's general purpose dead-agent material on Aaron then they can always re-edit it an use it in the next AVO case.
  28. terryeo2 Member

1 down, 1 to go... Go Aaron!
  29. Anonymous Member

And will probably try and haul it in the same duffel bag.
    Any pix?
  30. Skeptic1337 Member

Thanks sponge.

Julie Veloskey it is then

Julie Veloskey - LinkedIn

Australian Lawyers Surfing Association - Past Conferences
    Julie Veloskey
    11 Garfield Barwick
    53 Martin Place NSW 2000
    02 9221 6997
    jveloskey@chambers.net.au

She doesn't work for a lawfirm?

Genesis Owner Loses Big With Fiim's Stock.(GenesisIntermedia Inc., Rami El-Batrawi)(Brief Article)(Statistical Data Included) - Los Angeles Business Journal | Encyclopedia.com (related?)
  31. PodPeople Member

Let's hope the same Magistrate is involved in AVO#2. While I understand that one is thick as a brick, wise magistrate is wise.

32. Herro Member

Good news and expected. I'd be shocked if a Judge took these seriously. They're basically saying "protect us from this guy because he wants to say mean things about us!!!" THE HORROR
  33. chrisanon Member

I don't think the language was coarse enough. Fucking bitch.

Also, Skeptic, I've seen her on YT; on one of the Australian news reports. She's frightening. Helena Kobrin without the sex appeal.
  34. chrisanon Member

Oh, and GREAT NEWS Aaron and tamphex!!

You know, it's quite funny that the solicitor didn't make it to court. Her client might have grounds to sue her for incompetence. That'd be fun.
  35. Skeptic1337 Member

Cool...might I ask a favor, next time some one posts a vid like this. Word cloud it. Put her name in your tags, description.

If you aint too lazy that is.

Thanks!
  36. Sponge Member

from this link:
    http://www.nswbar.asn.au/docs/resources/publications/bn/bn_winter07.pdf
    (Bar & Bench Dinner 2007 )
    benchbardinner2007.jpg

I don't know what purpose this serves but that's her.
  37. Skeptic1337 Member

It serves a purpose....thanks sponge.

To be less obtuse / trollish. Day light is the best disinfectant. If she finds it hard to find work after doing the bidding of scientology and we leave a clear trail for her bretheren to see, well we'd have done more damage in the span of 5 minutes then her entire career becoming a legitimate barrister.

Do you think the next "moxon" will find it so easy to take the easy cash? I don't know but I sure do like to leave a trail of destruction where ever scientology or it's minions do their dirty work.

I'm also a gigantic asshole.
  38. Anonymous Member

Protip: Barristers usually work independently, out of their own private office, but may share some facilities with other barristers. They typically are not permanently employed by law firms, but are hired by solicitors - or directly by clients when applicable - on a case-by-case basis.
  39. Skeptic1337 Member

Thanks, you ozzies are a backward ass bunch.
  40. Anonymous Member

Barristers also have a hard time refusing cases FYI, read all my previous info