Customize

New AVO on Aaron Saxton, this time by Cyrus Brooks

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by Gottabrain, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Skeptic1337 Member

Re: New AVO on Aaron Saxton, this time by Cyrus Brooks

lol
  2. Anonymous Member

No really, they are obligated to take any case that comes their way provided its in their scope of experience and have the time
  3. chrisanon Member

And you're going to use it to jack off.
  4. Sissy Lala Member

omglol
  5. Skeptic1337 Member

back in your cage woman. Your obvious chrisanon herro worshiping has not gone unnoticed!
  6. Sissy Lala Member

still waiting for the butter and the apple, my pet
  7. Anonymous Member

YouTube - Epic Win for Aaron! $cientology digs its own grave in Austr

Okay. only showed her face for a second. upon review I was not impressed.
  8. Skeptic1337 Member

9. Anonymous Member

She ain't a centerfold, but if you got in some legal trouble in Oz and wanted to try to sex your way out, you might give her a call.
  10. Skeptic1337 Member

My 2.4" wouldn't get me out of a parking ticket much less a barrister the likes of Sue Hunt.
  11. chrisanon Member

Note how he didn't deny the whole jack-off thing. Perv.
  12. Anonymous Member

It might, if that is extended tongue length.

I should probably be infracted for this post.
  13. Barry41 Member

Wow, it sounds like Sue hired the lawyer she deserved!
  14. Sissy Lala Member

exactly - and that hasn't gone unnoticed
  15. Skeptic1337 Member

You've noticed me!!!!

I feel like a unique snowflake.

Now back on topic. You two retards best start contributing something more then sly cybors or you're gonna get banned.
  16. Sponge Member

Website for "11th Floor - Garfield Barkwick Chambers" is just a front page with contact details and "website coming soon"
    11 Garfield Barwick

She's not a barrister is she?
  17. Skeptic1337 Member

I'm kinda wasted and your post deserves real research ( i did like a 3 min google dump). My guess that's a mail drop. As to whether she's a real barrister...would require more real research my gut tells me yes but not one that's ever had a real case.
  18. Anonymous Member

Barristers gather in "chambers". They are not law firms, but basically office space and mail drop yes.
  19. Anonymous Member

I would not consider Julie Veloskey a legitimate lawyer, since she knowingly took on a case based on lies and bullshit and she can't even turn up to court on time.
  20. Skeptic1337 Member

Right right....any ways.....Julie Veloskey must work for some one?

If not how is she getting cult business?

A riddle to solve.
  21. TinyDancer Member

She's a barrister. She works for herself. She and other barristers in her chambers share facilities.
  22. Skeptic1337 Member

23. EyeOnSci Member

I liek where you are going with this post.
  24. Anonymous Member

When I studied ethics, prior to being admitted to the bar, we were taught that there were limited grounds upon which a lawyer could decline to represent a client. In fact, one of the exam questions entailed a hypothetical in which Hitler, who had not died in the bunker, asked me to defend him.

In short, the rule of law requires that all persons are entitled to legal representation, irrespective of how criminal or immoral they might be. It is not the job of the lawyer to determine the guilt or innocence of the person concerned. Their job is to present the evidence, mount the most persuasive argument in accordance with the law and test the evidence and argument of the other side.

Try and imagine a world in which lawyers decided only to represent clients they liked or believed innocent or who had a good case. That's not a world I'd want to live in.
  25. TinyDancer Member

26. Anonymous Member

There is an important difference between defending somebody and "attacking" somebody by bringing them to court. I would happily help defend a client I knew to be guilty, but I would not help to sue somebody who doesn't deserve it.

If the brief was obviously frivolous/fraudulent, there might be a rule saying that they should refuse to take the case - I'm not familiar with Australian ethical practice, but in the U.S. lawyers are required to refuse to assist in illegal and unethical actions.

It is, however, probable that this barrister was fed a "shit sandwich" of a legal brief and she didn't know that her client was lying out or their asses. She might even be steaming mad at Scientology for doing this to her, but be required by law to keep her mouth shut about it.
  27. Skeptic1337 Member

See this is where these "hypotheticals" go off track. You are allowed to refuse. If you accept a client you should represent them to the best of your ability. That's what that hypothetical is about. You have a guilty client, what do you do?!

If you look at all your case law, you are not obligated to defend, represent any client. As an example, if you specialize in criminal law and a client came to you with a copyright law issue, you'd refer them. Right?

If you come across a client with a reprehensible human rights stance you don't have to represent them. You don't and this is how things work in the real world and not pure internet posts.

We can help in defining what might be a bad client, like say the Church of Scientology. Unless your morals and ethics are all about money. Then sure it might be a good client, till you fuck up and they ruin you utterly.

It's easy folks, no moral judgments, just post real factual information that when a perspective client does a google search, they might be more informed about their barrister, lawyer, solicitor.

Unless you feel that doing work for a cult should be excused?

edit: If you do plan on poison pilling google searches, I recommend multiple sources beyond wwp.
  28. Anonymous Member

Your evidence that she knew the case was based on lies?

Even if a lawyer suspects that a client is lying, they must present the case. It is only if they know the client is lying that they are ethically obliged to withdraw. It's a bit of a tightrope.
  29. Anonymous Member

Precisely. A lawyer must take great care before usurping the role of the court. Of course she was told a bunch of fiction. She may even have suspected it was fiction. But unless she knew it was, then she had to let the court make that determination.
  30. LocalSP Member

Do we know if she has done any other work for the scilons?
  31. Anonymous Member

32. Skeptic1337 Member

You passed the bar exam in australia?
  33. Sponge Member

She's a self-employed [STRIKE]soul[/STRIKE] sole trader. ;)

When I say "she's not a barrister, is she?" I meant like, based on her performance today, how the fuck did she earn that wig? She maybe just had a bit of a rough weekend down at the Austrlian Lawyers Surfers Association.

BarNet Directory Service - Welcome
  34. Skeptic1337 Member

I <3 ya sponge. In a manly way. Butt secks.
  35. Sponge Member

What I wanna know is just what in the hell did she think was so devastating in the wad of stuff she was apparently carrying which drove her to so desperately feel the need to make a fool out of herself trying to persuade a magistrate to undismiss the dismissed hearing.
  36. Re: New AVO on Aaron Saxton, this time by Cyrus Brooks

From Aaron Saxton ; The Magistrate DISMISSED THE SUE HUNT AVO! Now in May to defeat the AVO of Cyrus Brooks. VICTORY!
  37. Anonymous Member

I see, so it's like how when CATS says "How are you gentlemen?" he is questioning their gentlemanly nature.
  38. Skeptic1337 Member

Who is the other lawyer in aarons next avo?

Sorry not keeping up with this shit.
  39. Anonymous Member

True, perhaps I was too harsh on Julie Veloskey. It is notable however, that she did fail to attend court at the required time. This is highly unusual.
  40. Sponge Member

I don't know. Australian national television and Press won't be due to embarass them till after 11th May.