Customize

New AVO on Aaron Saxton, this time by Cyrus Brooks

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by Gottabrain, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Smurf Member

Re: NEW AVO ON AARON SAXTON BY CYRUS BROOKS

Hee..hee! Why would I assume YOU would ever agree with anything I said or did, OG relic?
  2. Sotto Voce Member

I'd miss y'all if we got rid of moronic.

In the blue freak's defense:
    [STRIKE]1. The mod injected illegality, not Smurf[/STRIKE] [edit. Mod did not I remembered wrong.]
    2. It's a common moronic question asked by well meaning, misguided posters
    3. It would have been easier to just answer the question

Smurf, It can backfire to seek an AVO/TRO against someone working in a building you intend to go protest. And then there are all the moral high-ground rationales.
  3. Rockyj Member

Re: New AVO on Aaron Saxton, this time by Cyrus Brooks

I would like to donate too but is Paypal really safe? (I brought this up when Aaron first expressed his concerns & before he went to court re: the Sue AVO).
    However, I had a bad experience with Paypal after I opened a ebay account several years ago. They wouldn't even let me delete my account and kept sending me E-mails that I still had a Paypal account. I ended up opening a new bank account because I no longer trusted them with my account information.
  4. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  5. jadedanon Member

Get a money order and snailmail it?
  6. Re: New AVO on Aaron Saxton, this time by Cyrus Brooks

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H_OPhFT4sY"]YouTube- Operation: Cactus Trucking[/ame]
  7. Smurf Member

The biggest problem I've heard from Paypal are from people that have purchased merchandise using PayPal who has a "customer protection" clause that promises refunds if merchandise purchased is not the same as was advertised.. and PayPal reneged on its promises.

I personally have had no problems with Paypal. But, always do your own research before entrusting any online service.

These 3 sites are from the same person(s):

* PayPal - Horror Stories, Lawsuits, PayPal Problems & Information - PayPal Account

* Paypal Problems, Information, Issues, Class Action Lawsuits - PayPal

* PayPal Alternative - Pay Pal Lawsuits, PayPal Complaints & Fraud

I keep hearing about Paypal problems. Should I avoid Paypal?

PayPal reluctant to honour customer protection promise | Money | The Guardian
  8. timid sparrow Member

I don't know quite how this works, I am very much out of the loop with all this social networking stuff, and live in the middle of nowhere, but I understand that with twitter, you can do amazing things. Just getting people to that donation page using twitter could be really good. does anybody know about this stuff? I don't have twitter account (yet) and don't have following, but understand there's ways to do this. And whatabout Dawn, the Gosslip lady, do you think she could do something or write about this and get people to click and go to the donation page with Aarons story? Anybody got contact with her? She surely must have lots of twitter type power.
  9. Shinythings Member

The twitter thing sound like a good idea to me
  10. Smurf Member

You can use Twitter to make contributions. I've used it to donate to Haiti relief. Red Cross and other charities have dedicated Twitter accounts.

Twonate.com | Giving is good! Twitter is fun!

SMS Donations Advertised via Twitter

Twitter finds new purpose: drumming up donations quickly - TECH.BLORGE.com
  11. Anonymous Member

I posted this. I was thinking afterwards, maybe the ideal solution would be that a large number of ex-scilons sued the cult right away. I mean, the cult has been bullying their critics for ages with the power of its large pockets, and they are quite effective at targeting individuals.

Also, the press. The last coverage of Australian press was good, we need more stuff like that.
  12. timid sparrow Member

I understand about making donations on twitter, but also making people aware via twitter about this.

The power of twitter is amazing. I live in an out of the way East Block country. Recently, a guy bought some t-shirts from the US. I think he spent maybe $27. The package arrived and he spent all day going to customs and different offices all over the town. And he had to pay something silly, like $75 for the duties and everything plus he lost a day at work. The guy was incensed and twittered it to all his friends, and it made the round in the country, and many people had similar experience. It made the news. Within a month, the government changed the customs procedure and pricing. It was in the news. Only one office to go to, and a small duty charge for packages with a value over 30 Euros or something.

Anyway, you get the point, I think it might be possible to make something like this go viral.
  13. timid sparrow Member

I think definitely in australia they should be able to make this go viral on twitter and get some support for Aaron against the cult.
  14. Anonymous Member

Hey, can I donate anonymously with paypal?
  15. bAnon Member

sharted.jpg
  16. Smurf Member

You can't. Paypal requires a credit card number or bank account number to prevent fraud. I suggest if you want to donate anonymously, Aaron set up a PO Box or some suitable mailing address for his "legal defense fund" and you mail the donation to him.

I know of anons who contributed to Graham Berry's legal fund and who mailed their donations. Their identities were protected.
  17. Skeptic1337 Member

Actually you can, it's called buying a giftcard.

I suggest some one use the search function. Directions on how to anonymously use paypal are in a thread around here some where.

batting 1000 there smurfy.
  18. Rockyj Member

I am SO pissed, Paypal says I can't use a credit card # or e-mail address from some one who already has a account.
    1st The e-mail address I used is a new one
    2nd The credit info is from a new account!
    So they must think I have a Pay Pal account because of my name ONLY!
    A account THAT I haven't used in years (maybe used once) & I don't even remember password or anything! BS!!
  19. Smurf Member

20. Anonymous Member

Chippin' in. Stay strong Aaron!

Anonymous, Pfizer Daily Recipient.
  21. Major Boyle Member

Does Aaron have a snailmail address for himself or his lawyer? Also, since Sue is shown making a false report, Aaron should consider filing a criminal complaint just to let the cult know that karma is a bitch. Also should seek reimbursement of his legal expenses for the first AVO.
  22. timid sparrow Member

Anyone know how I can reach Dawn Olson? A link? I think she is working for another publication, just don't know which one. Will ask her about the twitter thing for Aaron.
  23. Skeptic1337 Member

Politico?
  24. TinyDancer Member

Garry, you recommended people take illegal action. Filing BS court applications in which you state things that didn't occur is a criminal offence. It was a particularly stupid suggestion, but it was worse than stupid. Did you really need me to spell that out?

Now stop being a baby.
  25. timid sparrow Member

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying. Has she gone to work for a politician? Or it's not appropriate?
  26. Skeptic1337 Member

I think she went to work for politico.com

Could be wrong. Easy as doing a search.
  27. timid sparrow Member

OK, thanks, I did do a search already, but will try to be a bit more thorough.
  28. Smurf Member

It's referred to as projection, TD. Word clear it.. if your inflated ego permits.

Projection is a common defense mechanism where a person gets upset with a trait in someone else that he wishes to deny in himself. They suppress the knowledge that they have the same trait and externalize blame on the other person. Much of their internal thought or words during an argument is focused on blaming the other person.

We all have a bit of projection in us, but some people have the need to blame others big time, thus obstructing their own growth and learning.
  29. Mitsu Too Member

Dawn works for Technorati Technorati

I think her email from Glosslip is still valid last time I checked.
  30. Anonymous Member

She is still writing for glosslip.com. She is also at Technorati.com. I don't have an email address.
  31. SickLab Member

This is why.
  32. Smurf Member

Email Dawn at: dmdo1016@yahoo.com. It's on Glosslip. GlossLip
  33. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

You also register address and phone number. Log into your old account and change credit card etc. I had to do the same thing.
  34. Mitsu Too Member

Hey Smurf! Is Franc back on post? Wonder if he enjoyed his trip to Quebec? LOL>
  35. Smurf Member

Yup. Was back last week. Was all work and no play for the freezing Scilon.
  36. Mitsu Too Member

Awww too bad he didn't make a run for it at the border. :)
  37. JustSomeWoman Member

This is THE PROBLEM! In the US, a Restraining Order - if desired by a female - is automatically granted. The male party is essentially convicted of being a douchebag without the formality of a trial or even an evidentiary hearing.

The courts worldwide seem to believe that if a party complains about being *enturbulated* by another person, that is sufficient justification for approving a Restraining Order. For the recipient of such an order, it is like being convicted of a crime which, in reality, does not exist. The recipient of such an order now has what is, essentially, a criminal record although there is no criminality involved.

Every modern judicial system posts their findings online, and Google is NOT the friend of the recipient of an AVO, Restraining Order, etc. This can, and will, affect the recipient's future since most employer's do internet searches job applicant's names for ANY negative information.

Note that in the US, if an RO has been granted at some point in time and then the male and female (or whomever) get back together and the RO is cancelled, there is a high probability that in the event of a traffic stop, the RO will remain in the legal system's files, and the "guilty" party can be hauled of to the hoosegow arbitrarily. It happens frequently in the US.

IOW, is it vitally important for the recipient of such an order to fight it tooth and nail. There are too many personal downsides from rolling over to such a predicated order.

Note for those living in countries with a national emergency call system like 911 in the US: Don't ever make a 911 call regarding a family disturbance unless the caller has actual visible wounds. Don't call because one thinks the other party is deranged, etc. A world of hurt can result from the best intentions of a 911 call.

Anyway, back to my cave and my dinner of raw, cold meat.
  38. Rockyj Member

"That card number is already assigned to another PayPal account. For security purposes, each card may only be assigned to one PayPal account. If you have already opened a PayPal account, please retrieve the relevant information and log in. Otherwise, please use a different card."

Okay so basically PayPal is saying my card is assigned to another PayPal Account!?! WTF?
    I don't have another PayPal account! I didn't know I still had this one! I only reopened my account that I didn't know I still had to donate to Aaron! All my bank information has changed since then (years ago) all that was still stored in my Profile was my old address, so how could my card info be assigned to another account?

Could someone stole my card info already & open another PayPal account?

It doesn't make sense!
    I will snail mail Aaron a money order. It will take more time & I will need an address to send it to.
  39. timid sparrow Member

Thank you!
  40. Anonymous Member

This bares repeating.

Also, progress is being made and the fund is growing. We can fucking do this! $10 or $5 from everyone who reads this thread and we will reach our goal in no time. Proud of you faggots.