Customize

NEW book - The Defector: After 20 years in Scientology.

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Jul 25, 2017.

1. NEW book - The Defector: After 20 years in Scientology, by Robert Dam.

The author's website indicates the book was first published in Danish in 2011. Amazon states the English edition was published on January 21, 2017.

NOTE: The Kindle edition is free if one is a member of Kindle Unlimited.

Related WWP thread: https://whyweprotest.net/threads/ma...-anons-epic-co-fail-in-dk.95500/#post-1935133

https://www.amazon.com/DEFECTOR-After-20-years-Scientology-ebook/dp/B01N4QV7ZK/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

WHJJDQ3.jpg

The DEFECTOR: After 20 years in Scientology

by Robert Dam (Author)

4.5 out of 5 stars 2 customer reviews

Price

Kindle Unlimited $0.00

Kindle $8.72

Paperback $15.99

REVIEW: The DEFECTOR is a strong, personal story about the uncanny parallel world of Scientology. It is written by Robert Dam, who himself was a member of the mothership of Scientology in EUROPE – right in the center of Danish capital, Copenhagen – for 20 years, until he defected in 2004.The story of his personal life with Scientology, as well as the story of the movement itself, is not for the fainthearted. It is hair-raising reading. Scientology’s paranoid world view and the strict control of its members and critics make an alarming pivot point in the authors’ story as well as the story of the movement itself.

The book is extremely well written, a real page turner, an absolute thriller. The story opens with a classic thriller plot, in which part of the ending is unveiled after which we start at the beginning. Slowly, the context of the plot is unraveled, and finally we are at the beginning, and we have already understood, why it had to end this way.

Product details

File Size: 1795 KB
    Print Length: 370 pages
    Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1520441827
    Publication Date: January 21, 2017
    Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
    Language: English
    ASIN: B01N4QV7ZK
    Text-to-Speech: Enabled
    X-Ray:
    Not Enabled
    Word Wise: Enabled
    Lending: Enabled
    Screen Reader: Supported
    Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #179,791 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
    #424 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious
    #1763 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious
    #2406 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs

More about the author

Visit Amazon's Robert Dam Page

Robert Dam

Biography

Born in Denmark in 1964 and set out for one failure after the other until that special day in spring 1984.... After a personality test and 2 hours of Dianetics therapy (auditing) I joined Scientology and remained a loyal and dedicated member for the next 20 years of my life until that special day where I had to realize that it was all yet another failure. 20 years, all my adult life, OT V (highest level available in Europe), highly esteemed member, but no more super human than anyone else.

Ironically, writing my story and releasing it in late summer 2011 through Danish publishing house, Kristeligt Dagblad, became a success and the book hit the bestseller lists and remained there for several weeks. The year after it was translated into Swedish and Norwegian and published on those markets as well. I gave interviews to practically all the biggest newspapers in the 3 countries and was in numerous talk shows on major television channels.

In 2015 my 3–episode documentary, produced by Warner Bros., was broadcast on Danish TV2 and became a huge success.

Now my book has finally been translated into English by a professional English translator and edited by a professional American editor and I hope that you will find it thrilling, interesting and inspiring.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

EDITED TO ADD: BOOK TWEETED.

As always, retweets, quotations and replies welcome.

https://twitter.com/IndieScieNews/status/890039843044110338

SBTHHO4.png
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HT - Type4_PTS on ESMB.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DeathHamster Member

Category:Robert Dam

Note that the material on his website is titled "Historic 2004 - my views just after defecting Church of Scientology".
  4. Lena01 Member

hello guys .. i am a new member here ..i liked your posts ,, cool and interesting posts
  5. DeathHamster Member

Scientology in Europe: 'A scapegoat always had to be found when something went wrong' July 28, 2018, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker

We have a real treat this week in our ongoing ‘Scientology Lit’ series. It’s a full chapter from Robert Dam’s book The Defector: After 20 years in Scientology. Robert gives us a look inside Scientology’s operation in Copenhagen, its headquarters in Europe, where he spent some of his 20 years in Scientology before leaving the organization in 2004. Published in Denmark in 2011, the book was a bestseller there, but is less well known here in the U.S. We hope this intriguing chapter gives you some idea of how much the authoritarian nature of Scientology is consistent around the world…
  6. Robert Dam such an ass he is
  7. Lickit10Times Member

8. The Wrong Guy Member

Former Scientology OT Robert Dam, Author of The Defector | SurvivingScientology

Quote:

Robert Dam joined Scientology when he was a young man with dreams of being a professional musician. He soon joined Scientology staff and his dreams of music soon disappeared under the heavy demands of statistics. Robert worked as a body router and held other positions as a staff member.

When Robert finished his staff contract he went into the printing business with a fellow Scientologist. Soon, the two were printing all of the magazines for Scientology Europe. This was profitable and allowed Robert to go up his Bridge and onto the OT levels.

Robert figured out an ingenious solution that saved Scientology hundreds of thousands of dollars per year on costs related to getting its magazines delivered. But then there was a problem. Robert solved it but he was nevertheless blamed for crashing all of Scientology's stats on the European Continent.

Robert was sent to Flag for brutal sec checking. In this podcast Robert describes the terror of being sec checked by then Inspector General RTC Marty Rathbun.

These sec checks had a brutal and expensive outcome. Coupled with Robert's inner torment with having to constantly pretend to others that he was an OT ate him up inside.

Robert describes the events that led to he and his family leaving Scientology. He offers sage advice to those who are still trapped in Scientology and want to leave.

Robert's book The Defector is available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4QV7ZK/
    • Like Like x 1