Customize

New front group pretends to be operating a charity in Kenya !!Wear Proxy Condom!!

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by Anonymonus, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plups Member

2. Re: New front group pretends to be operating a charity in Kenya

I'll do it.
  3. Hostile Member

Re: New front group pretends to be operating a charity in Kenya !!Wear Proxy Condom!!

thanks cake!

I'll update this post into something more imprortant later
  4. anon212 Member

Re: New front group pretends to be operating a charity in Kenya !!Wear Proxy Condom!!

Come on guys, the mp3 sites are just computer generated spam, how did you even find them? What link do they have to the charity whatsoever?
  5. anon212 Member

And using proxies to visit sites like these is a joke as well, they are up for a reason, for the general public to visit them. The site is full of lies to make themselves look good - they want people to read it. What are they going to do? Fair game every single person that visits?

The most laughable is people being afraid to go to www.scientology.org
  6. Hostile Member

I understand where you're coming from 212, but when we're dealing with sites that probably only get about 12 hits a day, we can only be more careful (what if a site that normally gets about 3 hits each day suddenly spikes up to 100?)

anyway, investigating every possible footbullet for them is what is winning this for us in the time between the protests.

oh and is there a way to stop getting tor to say that I'm from denmark (although that's great for anonymity, it's tough to read the autotranslated sites)
    any way I can force something like... britain?
  7. its.an0nym0us Member

Less like a footbullet.
    Moar like a footgrenade.
    HOLY SCHNIKEES.
  8. Plups Member

My hunch is that this organisation has not been founded by the CoS leadership themselves, but by Sarah Ehrlich.

It is based in NY/NJ, not California.
    The website does not have the same level of professionalism as the other fronts.
    There's only one video.
    The photos are on a separate site.
    There's no cross-promotion in freedom magazine.
    Promotion does not (yet?) use celebrities or distinguished organisations.

In short, it smells quite differento to, say, Youth for Human Rights International.
  9. XenuLovesU Member

The Way to Happiness Foundation is most definitely a Scientology front.

http://www.twth.org/ (warning, Scilon web site)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_to_Happiness

(TWTH were the ones that received money from Coca-Cola Pakistan... an arrangement that ended happily when Anonymous outed them as a Scientology front group) :) No shortage of other sketchy things going on with 'em, either.

Looks like the helpfororphans.org site has been around since April, 2006.

10. DeadFace Member

And, of couse, they are PUSHING "The Way to Happiness" on one of their pages:

CONDOM IF YOU WANNA: http://helpfororphans.org/TheHappinessContest.asp

It says:
    "Delivering Real Help to Orphans Around the World

Win $2,500 for your school
    Enter "The Happiness Contest"
    Entry Deadline: August 31, 2008

The Way to Happiness (R) is a common sense moral code that provides 21 precepts for living a happy and ethical life. Its precepts provide a simple code of conduct with clear guidance that speaks to young and old alike. The parameters outlined in this book are creating wonderful effectsall across the globe." (it goes on to BS BS BS BS)

You KNOW at least some if not ALL of the books that they are donating ARE "The Way to Happiness"

appologies if this is a bit-o repeat... didna see...
  11. AnonDon Member

Interesting
  12. Hostile Member

well, I'll be taking a break for an hour today now, 'soon as I'm back I'll be slipping into one of those bubble gum flavoured proxies and I'll delve into the deepest parts of twth...

I'll see if anything's changed

yeah the only one I think we should keep tabs on is this and the orphan one.... the rest seem to be just real legit stuff she's into...

yeah I'm kind of scared of this "contest thing" too...
    and I don't want kenyan kids reading about dianetics! think of their grammar! if they end up talking like Lron writes... well god help us if they decide to emmigrate from kenya and work in an english speaking country
  13. A.Non Hubbard Member

Derpy derp
  14. Anonymonus Member

Not that they didn't try or at least throw out some celebrity names. I haven't been able to confirm this with any other source other than what is listed here.

http://www.hamptons.com/detail.ihtml?id=1706&apid=3770&sid=6&cid=119&arc=1

Sarah, who serves as executive director of HFOI, was in Washington last month to share with Senator Hillary Clinton information about Help for Orphans work in Africa where there are literally millions of children orphaned as a result of tribal warfare and AIDS. While I don’t know if Hillary will make it (she’s doing her own fundraising God bless her) but I do hear that Kimora Lee Simmons, Rita Cosby, Lisa Gastineau, and Joan Rivers will be there to support HFOI’s work in renovating existing orphanages, building new ones and most importantly providing real education opportunities to help these children break the cycle of poverty. Check out their work at www.helpfororphans.com."

and

http://www.longislandexchange.com/articles/gossip/hamptonshappenings071607.html

Editor in Chief of Hamptons.com Nicole B. Brewer, Victoria Secret Model Cynthia Kirschner, Film Producer Matt Fortnow and world renowned artist Colette were some of the celebrities that attended the event to show their support.
  15. its.an0nym0us Member

^ I LOL'D SO HARD.

KIMORA LEE "MY AGENT SWEARS I'M NOT A SCIENO" SIMMONS
  16. Samuel Hughes Member

Re: Possible Scientology front group and possible fraud investigation

And lookee here ... they manufacture their news articles very particularly it seems:

I think we should go through ALL of their articles and lsit front groups and suspected front groups.

For example, www.GetEmTagged.com is run by The Alexandria Project Studio, LLC. Maybe no connection, but Scientology was somehow involved in the remote viewing "Alexandria Project" if I remember correctly. Maybe they are run by Scientologists but are not a front group, simply supported casually?
  17. Anon9000+1 Member

Re: Possible Scientology front group and possible fraud investigation

Just a response to anon212. In respect to help for orpahns- I ran a html header cheecker on the website and what I got was a Session ID Logger. Basically, Logs Your IP, Browser Identifier, ANy open Connections to other websites, And anything thats on you clipboard. Thats why we are telling everyone to use a condomn. Also, Scientology has a history of logging anyone who accesses their main site- And you can be sure tha proxify is watching Big Mama for anomalies.

Anywho- Sorry I fell asleep earlier... i was running a check on all of the sites- and I sorta fell asleep in my recliner for like, ummm. 8 hours?
  18. Anon9000+1 Member

Hi,

I just attempted to contact you in the realtime chat but for whatever reason it would not work, The website in question is www.helpfororphans.org who poses as an agent of the Help For Orphans Internation School in kenya, Which is Headed by one Charles Aboge. This "Organization" has several complaints against it with the Better Business Beureau. One Such Complaint reads as follows:

The Group Help For Orphans (Website: www.helpfororphans.org) has been representing itself as a agent/ and or management of Help For Orphans International School in Kenya, and has been recieving donation as such. They solicit child welfare project fund, Building repair funds, as well as individual child support. Any pictures on the website were obtained fraudulently during a trip to the School, Headed by One Charles Aboge. He can be contacted at 254-0735-195-156. If this fraudulent charity warrants action on behalf of the BBB, I would ask that you would enforce any/all apllicable laws to the leaders of this deceitful group.

(Name Removed By Request ) to me
    show details Apr 6 (13 hours ago)

Hi there,

the realtime chat is manned during key business hours and is really a pre-sales line of enquiry. Any comments emailed from it come to myself or one of the other sales consultants. I will speak to the relevant parties about this when I return to the office on Monday morning.

For legal and contractual reasons I cannot comment on people who may or may not be clients but we do take the appropriate action when a "Cease and desist" order is served on an individual for copyright infringement, and as for them operating illegally as a charity there are organisations and government bodies to deal with these type of allegations. You mentioned the Better Business Bureau and I would advise you to contact them as we do not have the necessary credentials or indeed the evidence to initiate such investigations or charges. Can I ask who you represent or if you are just a concerned individual? As I said though there is no action we can take based purely on your email but if you have evidence of fraudulent activities, especially from a charitable organisation you should contact the relevant authorities without delay. I have included the links below to Charity Complaints with the BBB and a Wiki on Cease and Desist Orders and will provide an update for you on Monday with the proper channels that you should go through. We take our business ethics seriously and work with Law Enforcement Agencies to help stamp out fraud and will always do whatever we can to help but without legal papers from a lawyer, judge or other Government agency we are somewhat powerless from a legal point of view.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further information, queries or concerns.

Thanks again for your time,

Best Regards,

(Name Removed By Request )

Cease and desist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Cease and Desist Orders
    US National BBB.org: Inquire or Complain - Better Business Bureau - Charity Complaints

C&D order? Think Graham Would be interested in yet another case?
  19. XenuLovesU Member

Their hosting provider is correct when they say this. I wouldn't go bugging them at all.

The best course of action is to report the info we compile to the appropriate state / fed Attorneys General offices... IRS and other regulatory agencies.

Please... don't harangue the hosting provider.

Keep digging, then let the right LE/regulatory folks know what we've dug up. They'll take care of shutting them down given enough evidence.
  20. Anon9000+1 Member

Xenu- Do me a favor? Pm me a message reminding me not to go all activist while intoxicated.I sent emails to BBB, AG, My state BBB and the webhost. I get way influenced whilst under it.
  21. AnonKiwi Member

Any chance we can encourage Charles to get a C&D order sorted out somehow?
  22. Plups Member

Response from Charles Aboge:

Edit: Plus an undated document provided by Charles about the school is available here: A PROJECT PROPOSAL.2.doc

23. anonchoir Member

That is some epic win, right there.
  24. Anon9000+1 Member

Ill say this as politely as I can.

HOLY SHIT! SCUMBAGS!

Plurps- Would you do me a favor and forward his contact adress to me- Im in contact with the webhost right now and If I could get Mr. Aboge in Direct contact with the Legal Department we could possibly get this website offline- This is sickening.
  25. Plups Member

I think it would be helpful if we could put Charles in contact with one or two agencies that WILL follow this up.

Before I reply to him, I'm keen to see the recommendations.
  26. Lost.track Member

Is it ok if I say that I am pretty much PISSED OFF rightnow? As I am.

vpukgx.jpg
  27. Plups Member

If you go to the UNESCO UK site: http://www.unesco.co.uk/, Kisumu is the first link on the right hand side of the page.

TRUSTEES
    Charles Odero Aboge.,H.S.C.
    Chairman Board of Trustees and Project founder : Executive Director~
    Churchil Omondi,B.Sc.IT
    Vice chairman Board of Trustees/ Director.
    Mrs. Susan Achieng'
    First Vice Chairman ,Board of Trustees./Director
    Mrs. Mary Owano Olumbe
    Second Vice chairman Board of Trustees/Finance and Administration.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS~
    Chairman -Mr. John W.K.Olumbatata,M.sc.(USA)
    Vice chairman-General B.O.C. Onyango
    Mr .Justice N.C.O.Ombija .
    Most Rev. (Dr) Z.Okoth ,Catholic Archbishop of Kisumu ArchDiocese.
    Professor Nazim Mitha of UNICEF KCO .
    Fred Awuor Adero,
    Mej Elly Wieringa'.
    S..O. Arrum (Advocate).
    Ken Ouma
    Barrack Oleche Okech.
    Professor Marianne Norin
    Professor T. Norin
    George Omollo
    Benson Ochieng
    Jane Adhiambo
    Esther Akoth
    John Olenyo
    Michael Olumbe
    Ooro Aboge
    G. Anyango

This is the kind of information not provided by "Help for Orphans International".
  28. MollyBloom Member

This is fraud...

I am going to say this again:

Article about fraud with info on how to report:
    5 Tips: Charity scams - Sep. 12, 2005

Don’t get the web pages taken down until the FBI can investigate this.

With the amount of fund raising in the Hamptons and elsewhere there is obviously more money in the pot than a measly $500.
  29. AnonKiwi Member

My god! That is so.. wrong! Can you please find out how we can donate to his charity? I'd like to flip him 10 bucks just out of sympathy for all this COS crap!

Surely what this woman is doing is illegal? Gah! SO PISSED!

Crap, someone needs to tell him about paypal. Or something.
  30. Plups Member

I'm just going to make contact with one of the directors (the Catholic Archbishop) to ask for verification and to suggest to them both the paypal option.

31. AnonKiwi Member

Great work. Hell, they could do with some anon work on their web page too :D
  32. Lost.track Member

This can also be done from other countries - worldwide.

Still pissed off, damnit. I thought I had enough fuel by now, guess not. One does NOT play around with innocent children. Never! Period!

Thanks for the link, Molly. I was unaware of the existence of that site. Very usefull!

*edit*
    I suck at quoting on fora.... Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
  33. Edges Member

This makes me sick.
  34. anonnews Member

I'm curious as to how much of that money actually went to political fundraising. I remember a lot of the stories coming out of the Hamptons at that time were about the lavish parties being thrown as fundraisers for pols. Anybody have the means to look up how much the attendees at this woman's function paid to candidates? I know that partisan politics are taboo here, so I don't want to start in on any of that. It just seems very interesting that big money was most certainly collected, so where did it go? We know now that only a paltry $500.00 went to the intended recipient - who got the rest?
  35. Plups Member

Clinton got $250 from Ms Ehrlich herself.

Perhaps the other 6 or so schools in Kenya got some $$??
  36. Anon9000+1 Member

Plups- do you think you could do a little digging and see if you can find the heads of the other schools and see if they have similar stories?
  37. Plups Member

Yoinked this information from A.R.S.:

HELP FOR ORPHANS INTERNATIONAL Summary
    HELP FOR ORPHANS INTERNATIONAL
    36 W 9TH ST APT 2
    NEW YORK, NY 10011-8979
    Tax ID / EIN: 205333377
    NTEE: T12 - FUND RAISING & FUND DISTRIBUTION
    ERI NTEE: -
    Group Exemption Number: 0000
    SubSection: 03 - Charitable Organizations
    Affiliate: 3 - Independent - This code is used if the organization is
    an independent organization or an independent auxiliary (i.e., not
    affiliated with a National, Regional, or Geographic grouping of
    organizations).
    Classification: 1 - Corporation
    Deductibility: 1 - Contributions are deductible.
    Foundation: 15 - Organization which receives a substantial part of
    its support from a governmental unit or the general public
    Filing Requirement: 010 -
    Activity Code(s): 000 -

HELP FOR ORPHANS INTERNATIONAL
    36 W 9TH ST APT 2
    New York, NY
    10011-8979

Exempt status date 07/2007
    Asset Amount n/r
    Income Amount n/r
    Form 990 Revenue Amount n/r
    Employer Identification Number
    (nine digit number assigned by the IRS to identify a company)
    (available with data download)
    In Care Of Name
    (the officer, director, etc. to whose attention any correspondence
    should be directed) SARAH EHRLICH
    Classification Charitable Organization
    Filing Requirement (the primary return(s) the organization is required
    to file) Form 990 - (all other) or 990EZ return
    Taxonomy (classifies an exempt Internal Revenue Code 501 (c)(3)
    organization) Fund Raising and/or Fund Distribution
    Secondary Name -
    Affiliation- This organization is an independent organization or an
    independent auxiliary (i.e., not affiliated with a National, Regional,
    or Geographic grouping of organizations).
    Deductibility Status Contributions are deductible
    Principal Activity n/r
    Foundation Type Organization which receives a substantial part of its
    support from a governmental unit or the general public
    Universal Location Code
    (the Internal Revenue Service District Office which has jurisdiction
    over the organization) 01
    Tax Period (the date of the latest return filed) n/r
    Accounting Period (accounting month end date of organization) 12

New York NY 10011- Tax Exempt Organizations and 10011 New York New York Non Profit Organizations

Greenwich Village... Nice Place for A not Profit *Sigh*

Houses on that block are going for ~2 Million Dollars.

Market value Of The Property is 3.1 Mil.
  39. Anon9000+1 Member

Quick Note- Maybe Mrs Erlich knew the shit was hitting the fan?

Her Wikipedia Was deleted on the 28th
    for these reasons
    08:40, 28 March 2008 RHaworth (Talk | contribs) deleted "Sarah ehrlich" ‎(A7 (bio): Real person; doesn't indicate importance/significance)
    05:54, 28 March 2008 Sasquatch (Talk | contribs) deleted "Sarah ehrlich" ‎(G12: Blatant copyright infringement)
  40. Plups Member

I saw that too, but it was before we began to question.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.