Customize

New front group pretends to be operating a charity in Kenya !!Wear Proxy Condom!!

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by Anonymonus, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon9000+1 Member

Re: New front group pretends to be operating a charity in Kenya !!Wear Proxy Condom!!

Find the Lies

But Ehrlich is up to the challenge. Inspired by an organization in India that has several hundred orphanage schools and that encourages children who graduate to give back, Ehrlich's Help for Orphans (MySpace.com - Help for Orphans International - 31 - Female - NEW YORK, New York - www.myspace.com/helpfororphans) has already given thousands of books to orphanages in Uganda, Kenya, and India. Moreover, the organization is currently building two orphanage schools in Kenya; the Kisumu school will educate 60 children, while the Kisii school will educate another 50 children. While the Reading and Phonics Curriculum by Applied Scholastics (Mac OS X Server) will be central, Ehrlich wants to go beyond the basics to provide students with the tools they need to support themselves within their culture. "In order to truly make a difference, we also need to raise their self-confidence by teaching them about human rights, values, how to avoid HIV, and by tapping into their creative energy through an art program that includes painting and dance," she says. "In addition, by focusing on sustainable agriculture and environmental preservation, we can help them become responsible stewards of the land."

Also- it looks like The webhost is going to require a C&D or A DMCA in order to act- anyone have any suggestions on that front?

Edit: Holy Crap! Ummm Mods? I posted a link and it gave me the server type for the website. A nice feature if intended, but Wtf?
  2. shadowchaser Member

Re: New front group pretends to be operating a charity in Kenya !!Wear Proxy Condom!!

It's something to do with the trackbacks (I think) that do the magic on the links
  3. XenuLovesU Member

This is going to sound odd... but I'm gonna suggest we make darn sure the person we're corresponding with at the the e-mails above is really the Charles Aboge listed on the UNSECO site.

There are a couple of pieces of information we're missing here. Important ones. Like the mention of the police being involved in Kenya. Let's make sure we're really talking to the right cat, and that he's not been doing something screwy on his end either.

It may be nothing, but I couldn't help but get all kinds of "NIGERIAN 419 SCAM" warning bells going off when I read his last e-mail. When I start seeing varying phone numbers and e-mail addresses for the same person... it makes me slow down a little bit.

WorkNets: CharlesAboge

Dunno... if you've killed some time reading 419 Eater some of these themes become recurrent.

Also seeing requests from Charles to directly wire donations to different accounts at different banks. THIS is a red-flag.

Yahoo! Groups

Aid Workers Forum: Volunteer service

None of this should derail looking into Help for Orphan's doings... but something smells mighty scammy on Charles' side. IMHO, anyway. In either case, I've taken the liberty of e-mailing both banks to see if they will verify the account details.
  4. MollyBloom Member

No, not odd, that's why I suggested that rather than tracking this all down ourselves we hand it over to the FBI fraud investigation and let them check out where the money from the Scieno front is going.
  5. XenuLovesU Member

^ THIS
  6. Re: Possible Scientology front group and possible fraud investigation

And that project was infiltrated by Dr. Hal Puthoff, currently of the Austin Energy Sciences Lab (or something like that) for the CIA back in the day... I wonder if he has anything to say on Scientology? But that might be classified.
  7. Magoo Member

Amazing..........I knew Peaches Pooke years ago in Scientology.

The saddest thing of all of this is those doing this no doubt THINK this
    is honestly to help people. I remember the mind control so well---and you
    honestly believe, those doing projects like this, that it IS something that will help others.

It does need to be made known, thank you for the work you've done to discover this! Good job :alien:

Tory/Magoo~~:cool:
  8. Anonymonus Member

9. XenuLovesU Member

For what it's worth, the schoolhouse in the vid is definitely the same one that's on the KISUMU CHILDREN’S CENTRE AND SCHOOL web site at:

About Us

[IMG]

YouTube marysusie's vid:

kimusu_school.png

Site also lists the same contact details for Charles Aboge:

Contact Us

At least this verifies that Help for Orphans had feet on the ground at the same place (and lends more credibility to Charles Aboge's credentials -- and charges he's made, like Help for Orphans only painting one wall then bugging out).

This is going to be a fun nut to crack :)
  10. AnonKiwi Member

Would the Kenyan govt. be able to help verify the veracity of the agency? Also, try US Aid in Kenya, they would have very reliable records I think.
  11. XenuLovesU Member

Working on it :) Kenya isn't a hotbed of credibility though... that's why so many scams have been born there. They appear to be competing with Nigeria for top-honors in scamology.
  12. Edges Member

I wouldn't bother contacting the Kenyan government about this.

Kenya is the kind of place where the official contacted might ring up Mr. Aboge and tell him that if he doesn't give him a bribe, they'll say he's full of shit. So if they say he's legit, it could just be because he coughed up; if they say he's not, it could just be because he didn't cough up.

I'd be thinking more about legit NGOs on the ground in Kenya. Surely someone in the legit NGO community in Kenya would know of Mr. Aboge and be able to vouch for him if he was legit.
  13. Anon9000+1 Member

The entire alleged issue right now is that he has no money to cough up. Barely enough to feed the children.
  14. DeathHamster Member

15. Re: New front group pretends to be operating a charity in Kenya !!Wear Proxy Condom!!

You knew Hal? Or someone else?

16. Volker Member

Interesting.

Try sending them a message on their contact page. Just use all their contact information, and make sure to state your organization.

Like others said, wear a condom.
  17. Hostile Member

just thought of something... think scientology may have edited some of the images on their sites? With photoshop I mean?

I'd like to look at some of the images that look shopped...
    we can tell because of the pixels

eta: also, like volker said, perhaps we should be contacting both groups... helpfororphans and the legit children's group....

has anyone sent an email asking for information from the cos' perspective? obviously, the'll be checking their facts so they make sure not to make any errors with both sides as not to incriminate themselves further, but maybe... just maybe...
  18. its.an0nym0us Member

I hope they DID edit photos. Charity scandals are not big news to most of the world. But scandals involving OMG PHOTOSHOOPZ are ALWAYS great headlines.
  19. XenuLovesU Member

Okie dokie... I wrote Charles and asked him for some more specific and useful details:

And, to be fair, I asked him:

To which I received:

Charles also cc'd his reply to me to the Hope for Orphans hosting provider. Their response was:

Once again... I'd like to stress that dragging the hosting provider into this is a really bad idea. Let them be. They aren't a party to this until some sort of legal action takes place.

Charles has given us some more information to gnaw on... but also completely ignored the request for information that could verify his and his organization's bona fides. Take it for what it's worth. I replied, told him we'll work on this, and again asked for info that goes toward their credibility. Kenya is rife with corruption though. As someone stated before, the best bet may be to contact other respectable NGO's on the ground in Kenya for their opinion.
  20. Hostile Member

think we're going to get a volunteer to get a phone number to send them?

or could we act upon behalf of the original charity
  21. shadowchaser Member

digging through the worknets stuff it appears that someone called Janet Feldman from an organisation called "Kenya AIDS Intervention Prevention Project Group" ( KENYA AIDS INTERVENTION PREVENTION PROJECT GROUP ) either has met Charles or spoken to him at least.
  22. its.an0nym0us Member

23. DarkSim Member

Has anyone gone and contacted US-Aid? My friend in Kenya still hasn't applied :(

We need to verify the contact details of Charles.
  24. Plups Member

I haven't. But others may have.
  25. Anonymonus Member

Could this be our guy? The writer not the picture.

http://www.kenyatimesonline.com/content.asp?catid=5&articleId=2452

"Mr Charles Aboge, a veteran Journalist educated through charity in his early childhood"

Taken from this posted earlier int the thread:

Yahoo! Groups

"THE International donor community dealing with Aids Orphans in Africa
    and beyond is hereby alerted by the Board of Trustees and Board of
    Governors ,Project founder and Directors of Kisumu Children Centre
    and School ,P.o. Box 19630-40123,kisumu City ,Kenya ,caring and
    educating Aids Orphans that HELP FOR ORPHANS
    INTERNATIONAL ,based in New York,USA ,www.helpfororphans.org
    has no links with us.It is very important to note that Help for Orphans
    International School kisumu does not exist on the ground and it is
    totally unknown in kenya.The only real project known internationally
    dealing with Aids orphans is KISUMU CHILDREN CENTRE AND
    SCHOOL founded by Mr Charles Aboge, a veteran Journalist educated
    through charity in his early childhood.The Government of Kenya is fully
    behind the School operations as it is legally registered and Government
    donated prime land for its expansion as it is run on charity.Be warned
    that any continued donor assistance to Help for Orphans International
    claiming in their web site is totally wrong and not real as the funds do
    not reach the intended purposes which are orphans.
    Our School photographs taken by them during a recent visit and posted
    in their web site should be removed and totally ignored by donor
    community .We shall not condone any further taking of children
    photographs by foreigners posing as "donors with many fake schools
    which are unregistered schools and trying to introduce a new education
    syllabus in Kenya secretly without the Government knowledge and
    approval in Parliament .We welcome genuine donors to contact us
    directly by e-mail charles_aboge@... or kisumuchild
    @yahoo.com. We also need fundraisers on 20 per cent commission
    even a visit by those who have funded them to check the truth and see
    and demand to see the alleged children being funded through HELP
    FOR ORPHANS INTERNATIONAL.
    We shall soon seek help from USA and Kenya Governments to expose
    the suspected fraudsters or alleged famous "lords of abject poverty in
    Africa'. Call +254-0735-195-156 -Director of the Project"
  26. Re: New front group pretends to be operating a charity in Kenya !!Wear Proxy Condom!!

User marysusie who posed the video on the Kisumu School sent me this PM:

"how do you know that they are pushing scholastics? i didn't know that. im not a scientologist. please help me understand."

Maybe this person really doesn't know what is really going on. ?

EDIT:
    I checked the user out on youtube and they don't have any pro-Scilon videos... I suspect she lives in Africa and thinks Help for Orphans is a keen charity. I will inform her of the latter (allegedly, of course)
  27. Anonymonus Member

Here's one article that mentions Applied Scholastics:

http://www.phonicsteacher.com/Phoni...s-Follows-Oprah-in-Educating-African-Kids.htm

And in this photo you can clearly see the Applied Scholastics sign on the table:

http://web.mac.com/sarahehrlich/Photos/Kisii_School.html#12

And if we can believe the post from Charles Aboge:

"and trying to introduce a new education syllabus in Kenya secretly without the Government knowledge"

And, can someone make out the book in the lower left corner? Does it say L. Ron Hubbard?

http://web.mac.com/sarahehrlich/Photos/Kisii_School.html#15

Edit: Yep. Matches this book on the Applied Scholastics website:

(Learning how to learn by L. Ron Hubbard)

http://www.appliedscholastics.org/study_tech.php
  28. XenuLovesU Member

^ Yup. Pretty clear what they're trying to do there.

book.jpg
  29. Anonymonus Member

XenuLovesU,

Your e-mail from Charles Aboge included a new name not on the Board of directors. Denis Dubin.

Here's an interesting article about Mr. Dubin and his Friends of L. Ron Hubbard.

I'll call it the penis, The United Nations and the clams. It's a VERY interesting read.

Scientology Pals Kicked In $50,000 Toward U.N.'s Big Elephant Statue | The New York Observer

Edit: Denis Dubin passed away in Feb 2008 from cancer (from ESMB).
  30. XenuLovesU Member

Er...?

When I asked Charles again for information about his organization, I received about 10 replies... repeated:

Strange cat, this one. On one hand, he's still putting negative info about Hope for Orphans out on the Internet (and in replies to questions about it)... and cc'ing their ISP... and on the other he's saying they've totally forgiven them and want nothing more to do with the matter (when asked about their *own* charity).
  31. Anonymonus Member

Strange cat indeed. Wonder who the strangers are who are misleading them?
  32. Axolotl Member

Yea, weird. You reckon somebody has contacted him in parallel? Tipped off by what we write here maybe?
  33. CSR Kenya Member

To Whom it May Concern,

There are thousand of charitable and non-profit organizations throughout Kenya.

So – what is the best way to distinguish yours?

The Center for Social Responsibility and Accountability (CESRA) Kenya is a non-profit organization that aims to promote accountability amongst charitable and non-profit organizations, while encouraging corporations to become involved in their communities.

The Seal of Excellence:

The Seal of Excellence is an accreditation program that gives your organization the opportunity to demonstrate that you are accountable. It is a series of 14 standards demonstrating accountability in everything from finances and fundraising to human resources and governance

The Benefits:

There are many benefits to this program. They include the following:

* Prestige: The Wise Giving Seal allows you to gain prestige in the non-profit community.
    * Confidence: The seal promotes confidence amongst current and potential funders and the public.
    * Openness and Honesty: The Wise Giving Seal helps to create a general atmosphere of openness and honesty in the organization.
    * Greater Knowledge: The registration process helps to increase board and staff knowledge about legal and financial requirements.
    * Road Map: The Wise Giving seal and registration process helps to build a road map that aims to ensure organizational excellence.
    * Insight: You, your staff, volunteers and board members will have an excellent chance to learn and gain insight from experts.
    * The process: Our process helps satisfy donor complaints and make amends for any past mistakes.

The certification is a voluntary program – but by participating you will attract some of the many donors who visit our web site every day. Our accreditation program shows that your organization has been evaluated by CSR Kenya and accredited to promote trust and confidence.

CESRA Kenya is a membership-based organization. Our membership fees are 7,000 kshs per year.

Someone from CESRA will be in touch with you over the next week to further discuss our initiatives. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at 0716 705 149 or janet.cesra@gmail.com. Thank you for your time and attention.
    OR VISIT OUR SITE AT www.csrkenya.org

Sincerely,

Janet Ilott

CESRA Kenya
  34. basil Member

My usual currency website shows 7000 KES as about $87.

A two bedroomed house in Nairobi goes for about $25,000.
  35. none given Member

I think we are just looking at misdirected junkmail.
    The CSR and CSRKenya are legit and this thread came up on a search so they threw the invitation up here without really reading the thread.
    -or-
    One of us pooned them back in 4/08 and this thread ended up linked to them.

I think the "Wise Giving Seal" and "WISE" is just an unhappy coincidence.

If CSR exists to make CoS fronts look legit they would not have spammed here.

Of course I could be dead wrong on all counts.
    Their website is very slow and I will look at it more later.
  36. fitch2000 Member

I got a few 404's when checking it out. But if it is actually out of Kenya that may explain it.?
  37. none given Member

I just found this "below current depth" I suck.

It is CSRKenya's response to anon's Apr. 08 questions about "Help for Orphans".

Looks like Mr. Aboge knows all he needs to about the subject.
  38. nonentity Member

CSR Kenya has linked to this thread on their site - see the newest linkback.
  39. Re: New front group pretends to be operating a charity in Kenya !!Wear Proxy Condom!!

Or paying them off. I've sent out a few emails, one to a consulate and one to another interested party (could prove an embarassment/win if the interested party is really interested in doing something).
  40. DeathHamster Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.